Melissa aid you

Melissa aid you

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Monsoon.2589

Monsoon.2589

I just wanted to properly thank Melissa for her help and giving me blessings. Thanks Melissa.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Do you not have any subtitles on?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Melissa aid you

Monsoon.2589

Do you not have any subtitles on?

Melissa does not believe in subtitles

Melissa aid you

Posted by: matjazmuhic.1649

matjazmuhic.1649

Melissa is awesome aiding us always..

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Serelisk.6573

Serelisk.6573

lol, I like this thread.

Kegmaster

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Melissa is an awesome chick. I don’t like the look on her face though, all squished and weird.

Melissa aid you

Monsoon.2589

Melissa is an awesome chick. I don’t like the look on her face though, all squished and weird.

But she aid you and the NPCs like to remind us about her

Melissa aid you

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Melissa is my guildie’s wife. She doesn’t always aid him in his struggles around Tyria.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

Its like those centaur types that yell out “hold your tummy in” as run to the skill point behind shaemoor garrison in Queensdale

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

No your face is weird, but I get your meaning.
Because it won’t end well when its a bad day to buy wine, but my ears its a great day to drink it.

:P

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Like a little raisin?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Melissa aid you

Monsoon.2589

Melissa inspire you

Melissa aid you

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Don’t forget that charr need no guards

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

why melissa? am i missing something here?

Melissa aid you

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

(May Lyssa aid you)

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Melissa aid you

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

(May Lyssa aid you)

LOL!! because in-game they always pronounce “may lysssa aid you” so weirdly that it sounds like melissa aid you xD..

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Melissa doesn’t always aid you, but when she does… She does it with audible mispronunciations.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

Melissa be praised!

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Delryn.7235

Delryn.7235

Melissa aid you

Paulytnz.7619

I didn’t get this whole post until someone above explained it. I don’t know but here in NZ we pronounce the name Me-lissa or Ma-lissa if said real fast not May-lissa. Maybe it’s just another weird American accent thing? :P

Another one I find annoying when I hear it in any movie and indeed in dialogue in this game is the American pronunciation of Centaur. You guys say Centar. Why even have the “u” in there if you are not going to say it properly? I mean come on I’m sure you say “Taurus” (Torus) “the star sign” correctly when that has the “u” in the correct place, so why not Centaur as in “Centor”.

shrugs rant over lol.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Why even have the “u” in there if you are not going to say it properly?

neighbour, colour, harbour, armour, flavour

:x

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

I didn’t get this whole post until someone above explained it. I don’t know but here in NZ we pronounce the name Me-lissa or Ma-lissa if said real fast not May-lissa. Maybe it’s just another weird American accent thing? :P

Another one I find annoying when I hear it in any movie and indeed in dialogue in this game is the American pronunciation of Centaur. You guys say Centar. Why even have the “u” in there if you are not going to say it properly? I mean come on I’m sure you say “Taurus” (Torus) “the star sign” correctly when that has the “u” in the correct place, so why not Centaur as in “Centor”.

shrugs rant over lol.

Why have the ‘p’ in psychology
Why have the ‘s’ in island

Pronouncing it as ‘Centar’ is just a matter of laziness really. As the ‘au’ has the same pronunciation as ‘aw’. We end up pronouncing the ‘aur’ as ‘are’ instead of ‘awr’.

The “May Lyssa” is another example. No NA’s don’t pronounce Melissa as Maylissa. We tend to pronounce it as Malissa. The thing is that in the game, they take a shortcut. The word “may” isn’t pronounced properly before they say lyssa and it sounds very close to (but not quite) Malissa which is more or less how we pronounce Melissa.

You could chalk it up to accent. Another example of a short cut in speach that is part of an accent is pronouncing ‘th’ as ‘d’. Common in the eastern provinces of Canada, notably in Newfoundland.

Melissa aid you

Paulytnz.7619

shrugs rant over lol.

Why have the ‘p’ in psychology
Why have the ‘s’ in island

Pronouncing it as ‘Centar’ is just a matter of laziness really. As the ‘au’ has the same pronunciation as ‘aw’. We end up pronouncing the ‘aur’ as ‘are’ instead of ‘awr’.

The “May Lyssa” is another example. No NA’s don’t pronounce Melissa as Maylissa. We tend to pronounce it as Malissa. The thing is that in the game, they take a shortcut. The word “may” isn’t pronounced properly before they say lyssa and it sounds very close to (but not quite) Malissa which is more or less how we pronounce Melissa.

You could chalk it up to accent. Another example of a short cut in speach that is part of an accent is pronouncing ‘th’ as ‘d’. Common in the eastern provinces of Canada, notably in Newfoundland.

Dis as This would totally ANNOY me lol….

I don’t know, perhaps it’s a Sylvari saying this “may Lyssa aid you” ingame. Perhaps If so they are trying to give the Sylvari a charcter of their own – ie fast speech with little breaks. Then again thinking back to Trahearne he seemed a bit slow to me…..

Melissa aid you

Paulytnz.7619

Why even have the “u” in there if you are not going to say it properly?

neighbour, colour, harbour, armour, flavour

:x

TBH I don’t care how you pronounce those words, I am just glad you spelt them correctly.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Carpboy.7145

Carpboy.7145

This needs a sticky.

The Use of the Word ‘Cheese’
Lyss The Shadow
Legendary Champion of DB [EDGE]

Melissa aid you

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

I’m so glad to know I wasn’t the only one.

For about the first month of playing this game (i.e.: while I was too busy with the overall game to pay attention to details and lore) I could have sword Melissa was a human god or something.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

This is awesome.

Melissa aid you

Posted by: Moderator.3964

Moderator.3964

As this thread does not provide a topic for a constructive discussion, we decided to close it. If there is any topic you want to discuss, please make sure to make descriptive opening posts that helps others to participate in the discussion.

Thanks for your understanding.