Memorable Moments!

Memorable Moments!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

I was just thinking a good topic would be for everyone to give us one or two of their most memorable moments in guild wars 2.

Here go’s..

I Think i must have been about level 12 or so, playing my norn warrior and smashing my way through deissa platauea.. I was exploring the zone and checking out the minimap etc.. I saw these ghosts and cannons and things around these ruins and thought wow that looks nasty! Some players were dead over there, so i charged in and started fighting! During the hectic fight i couldent really see any bodys and couldent understand why..

I charged towards another group of ghosts and suddenly to my utter amazment i was falling down into this tomb underground! Yep! i fell down the well lol, i dident see it or know it was coming and it scared the heck outta me! haha!

Ofc once down there i realised suddenly why there were so many player corpses around yet i couldent see them haha! I actually managed to revive one and then he helped me revive another and we fought our way outside to the releqative saftey of fresh air and sunshine! Great!

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

So, C’mon guys, lets have some memorable moments.. some crazy times, some funny antics! Lets lighten things up a little! I wanna read your best moments and compare them to my fun times!

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

One of my most memorable moments also involved that well, except I knew about it and was trying to find it. While I wiki’d enough to know where it was, I didn’t pay any attention to what was down there aside from the SP. So there I was, a young/low-leveled Ranger, running through the ruins, avoiding ghosts and dodging explosions, barely making it to and jumping down the well and thinking the worst was over when… GAAHHH!!! MORE GHOSTS!!!

I ran, jumped, and rolled around like a kitten down there, trying my best to stay alive and not aggro more than I already did since I was already pretty hurt from the initial run and drop down the well. A few minutes and something like a dozen forcibly dissipated ghosts later, I got my SP and WP the kitten out of there. :P

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

The Sylvari personal story called “Trouble at the Roots”.
That was an awesome experience.
I don’t want to spoil it, but it subtlety gets more and more trippy… until it’s hilariously over the top.

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

I’d have to say when I faced undead Prince Rurik near the end of Prophecies.

Oh wait, wrong game.

The most memorable moment in GW2 was that after killing countless of karkas I had not got a single drop.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

(edited by Flamenco.3894)

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

Lol achensherd! MORE GHOSTS!!! OH SSSHHH/cough. ruuun away! as king arthur of the britains says! haha, seem slike that well is very memorable, next time im there i shall throw a copper down and make a wish hehe

I musdt try sylvari story and check that out redfeather I wish u would tell with spoiler tags maybe?

Prophecies was gw1 right flamenco? i did play gw1 but it was a looong time ago... Lost shores main event was memorable to me in a negative way also but lets try keep it to the good times yeah?

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

A positive memorable moment in GW2, you got it.

In Diessa Plateau finding some kind of puzzle near that big statue/sculpture before the waterfall. It really added a sense of mystery and really brought out the feeling that the world is rather big and filled with adventures you can partake.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

I musdt try sylvari story and check that out redfeather I wish u would tell with spoiler tags maybe?

I forgot about spoiler tags. It involves hallucinations that make you wonder if things are really happening or not. It gets pretty silly as the affect becomes stronger on your character. The dialogues has its moments too. "Welcome young and old, asura and charr, sylvari and... quaggan. Really? We have a quaggan. huh..

(edited by Redfeather.6401)

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Mag Li.2581

Mag Li.2581

That moment when I found “Old Ascalon” under water, and the Temple of Ages lies in ruins… I stopped and pondered for a while…

Mag Li [Oxy]
Part 1/2 of a dynamic duo

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Suddenly in gchat…..
Guildie1 wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Guildie2 RUN!

Judging by the size of my screenshot file there are entirely too many epic/humorous moments to pick just one.

From falling through a crack in the ice to discover an underwater zone to finding an underwater cave hidden behind some seaweed that housed a champion that one shot me to too many epic WvW battles to count.

But the final chapter of the personal story will always stand out for me. Me and a group of friends did it together, we all experienced it for the first time together. We must’ve stayed in there an hour afterwards taking screenshots and talking about it.

So many good times in this game. Best gaming experience I’ve ever had

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: achensherd.2735

achensherd.2735

Another memorable moment, same character (but at a much higher level), this time in Field of Ruins. I was out running around a forest completing a Renown Heart when I noticed a Champion Giant Branded Devourer approaching. I was the only one in the area at the time (it was late), so I did what any sane Ranger would do when encountering a group-event monster alone: “Challenge accepted!”

I kept a distance and stalked it for about a couple of minutes, watching its movements and studying its attacks against the local wildlife unlucky enough to get in its path. After getting a bead on its characteristics (forms of attack, estimated attack power, movement speed, etc.), I determined that while this fight was probably going to take a while (especially since I was spec’d for condition damage), it was almost certainly winnable. And so I walked out from behind a tree, readied my shortbow, and yelled, “Hey, you overgrown, branded kitten! Yeah, you! You’re going down! Yeah, I’m serious! Hey, come back! Your mother’s a kittening kitten! Yeah, that’s right! Yeah, come get some!”

For the next five or six minutes, it was ON. It was battle of the ages, and the only way I declared it was going to end was with me teabagging its excessively bleeding and poisoned(?), CHEATING, crystalline carcass. Yeah, that’s right, the kitten was CHEATING the whole way through! It apparently made deals with all of the wildlife in that forest, because for the entire fight it was me versus it and EVERY SINGLE deer, stag, and whatever else that was around! Yeah, okay, so maybe an arrow or two might’ve accidentally and unintentionally found its way into something that wasn’t the champ, but seriously guys, can’t we deal with that kind of stuff later? Can’t you see I’m just a tad busy at the moment??

After five or six minutes of that forest getting totally wrecked with arrows and poisonous explosions, a Charr Engineer that was apparently nearby ran over, misunderstood my screams for him to go away (that I totally didn’t type because I was actually very glad to see him), and tried to set the giant devourer on fire, which resulted in him repeatedly getting his furry kitten made into parts of the landscape. Still, for every pelt he gave up he gave me time to recover from the poison clouds that were totally not good for my health and that I was barely holding an edge over.

A couple more people showed up at the 8 or 9 minute mark, and at the 10 or 11 minute mark the champ finally bit the dust. I got my teabag in, some white or blue item for my troubles, and a chuckle at the huge, dense circles I made on my map while I was running circles around the champ.

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

These are awesome!!! Keep them comin troopers the WWWWWWWWWWW RUN one is just epic ive had that so many times lol

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: redhare.9210

redhare.9210

1) When the game was in the first few days and our guild leader lead us of a cliff in WvW

2) Story mission Air Drop. Get to pilot a golem, to me this was awesome.

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Well, there was this one time where I went around Blazeridge steps for hearts when I saw my party mate looking for aid (Since he was dead). I charged through a few Branded and tried reviving my party mate. That was until loads and loads of them came. I literally fought off 100 before I could revive my party mate. It was pretty hectic fighting hundreds of those guys. In other words, I felt like a kitten!

Anyways, after reviving him, me and my mate went to finish the event nearby (Which involves fixing some gates) and dang, I have to tell you guys, we killed hundreds!

And that is just one out of many memorable moments I have in this game. Long story short, others are funny, others are epic and others are really touching.

:D

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

Me and 4 other men coordinated on TS taking a keep from 40 people.
Skill-wise they weren’t far from us, but coordinated flanking spikes/denial, proper disengaging and massive amounts of AoE 3k/s DoTs along with a ballista gave us the day.
Goes to show how little “zergs” matter in WvW when you got properly coordinated players.

Sadly I heard later that keep was lost by PuGs because they were unable to use one freakin’ cart to keep people away. Oh well.

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

The first time I stumbled upon fawcetts bounty! Oh my gosh! It was while I was levelling and i was the correct level maybe even a little low for the place.. I really could not beleive my eyes!! So I got past the crumbling floor and thought wow sooo cool.. But When I saw that ship! O gosh it was a blast straight from the past straight out of the goonies!! I spent the rest of the time inside looking for the piano lol!

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

My first time through Metrica Province was priceless. The Asura progeny have got to be my favorite characters in the game. First they shunk themselves to the size of mosquitoes, then they had a “Your Momma’s IQ is so Low” contest, then I found a pair of them discussing what the different colors of Hylek meant.

Another memorable moment was at the start of the story quest that has you meet Destiny’s Edge in Lion’s Arch for the first time (A Fragile Peace). The cub saying “I’m Logan, and I’m going to run away!” had me laughing out loud

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

During head start I was level 9 or so and wandered into Godslost swamp- I was running for my life towards a waypoint when everything went dark and I looked up and up and up as Shadow Behemoth spwaned right on top of me- my jaw was still hanging open when a Vet Aataxe I’d been training one shotted me from behind.

Much later- in Iron Marches I think, my husband and I looked over a hill and saw the Branded Army passing by- we jumped in front of them yelling “you shall not pass” – and killed all of them

The first time I looked over the edge of the canyon at Sorrows Furnace- man that took my breath away.

Gunnar’s Hold

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I was looking through screenshots and found this. One of the funniest and most memorable moments I’ve encountered while completing a heart quest

I would love to know if the text reads different if you are an Asura…

Attachments:

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

When I realized that Queen Jennah can’t afford shoes. Seriously. Look at her feet.

Attachments:

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

as a norn i have a different text there bullfrog its awesome laser that one

lol vorch! thatb reminds me of first time i saw the dragons morrigon i was like.. omfg!

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Most memorable moment was after 1500 hours playing this game i got a Exotic drop from a champion Abomination in Cursed Shore..

a Gungir with +10% to krait…

It was epic.

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Holding off a 20 man Dragonbrand group at Quentin Lake with just 5 of us.

We had an arrow cart, a ballista, an ele and I think two guardians including myself.

Thanks to walls, we wiped them.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

Oh yes! WvWvW has many many moments like this. Its really impressive when you manage, through skill and teamwork to overcome a group much larger than yourselves. This is what I love about the WvWvW arena.

Now, I was infractals yesterday with a group of people, only me and my friend were on skype together whilst the other 3 guys were pug. We came up wiuth the dredge fractal and i took charge and led our group through explaining what to do and brooking no argument! We made it to the end boss and my mate said o gods i hope we dont get the dredge or we will fail.

We got the dredge lol! from the begining of that combat to the end i was holding my breath and turning blue lol.. The other 3 guys kept dying getting thrown about etc.. my mate went up top and me as a warrior with a longbow ytook the aggro and led him round clockwise, but you know, it was one of those moments where you are in the zone! I used my skills at exactly the right times and kept aggro all thru the battle luring him under the lava buckets while my mate pulled the lever... gosh, i mean everything went perfect! was a really cool battle..

I really like that fractal!

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Darxio.5672

Darxio.5672

I was running a group of people with my commander symbol across Tyria during Halloween for the Mad King’s Memoirs. In… Sparkfly Fen(or was it Bloodtide? They both look the same), an event popped up with a ghost zombie saying that they were going to send me to the same fate as Tybalt, my mentor from my personal story.

Nobody calls out my favorite character in the game. Nobody.

I stopped the Zerg Train and we slaughtered that Veteran so furiously and without mercy.

Never forget~

Brigade of the Black Twilight [BBT]
Darxio – Thief Commander

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

When I realized that Queen Jennah can’t afford shoes. Seriously. Look at her feet.

Not true! She’s so fabulously wealthy she can afford invisible shoes!

I remember being delighted to discover that I could clear common crafting materials from inventory without having to make a special trip to the bank. I was all like, OMG they get it, they really get it!

Also, the first couple of times underwater were pretty awesome. And! Equipping my new thief with two pistols. That was cool! I don’t often use two pistols now, but still… that was cool! Maybe because I’d been so disenchanted with the tortanic notion of a ‘gunslinger’…

The table is a fable.

Memorable Moments!

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

yesterday, when roaming around in Queensdale, i came up to the Hunter’s Lodge. I came in contact with Logan’s distant cousin by the moa stable, which was cool. But the cousin NPC changes every time i go there (maybe resets/changes on log out?), so the second time i went to show my guild friend, they were presented as an African NPC (the first one was white) . we ROFL’d for about 10 minutes.

also, the kids in the small cave by the river in Queensdale. there is a group of 6 or 7 kids that roleplay as members of Divinity’s reach members. their roleplaying is quite good, but the kid who plays Snaff takes the cake. Could not help but laugh at him, though i feel sorry for him. feels for Zojja, too.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Memorable Moments!

Jezath.7395

I really like the kids in lions arch.. the first time i went to the bank and heard them i laughed sooo hard! and then the charr talking about the face of the kid looking like a raisin hahahaha! gods ill never forget those 2 lol