Merchandise Ideas - Open (even if the survey is closed)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hexinx.1872

Hexinx.1872

More ideas for stuff not on the survey:
-Coins. Collectible currencies from the various “nations” (i.e. Kryta, Ascalon, Orr, the Legions, the Dominion of Winds, the Tethyos Houses, Jotun trading stones…), perhaps in “gold”, “silver”, and “copper” denominations, if you’re feeling fancy.

Mystic Coins

Posted by: MrGhosty.4296

MrGhosty.4296

I didn’t see it mentioned, but with how guilds choose from a set of basic templates to make their logo I would LOVE to be able to buy merch that had my own guild logo on it.

I would also love to see more novels that expand on the lore of the world as well as other books that can be more utilitarian such as recipes or other subject matter as we would find on the wiki.

Posted by: leftyboy.9358

leftyboy.9358

My first thought is that if ANET is going the way of rl merch they much be hard up for cash and oh no, but ill try not to go there.

…hmm was trying to think of something rl id buy but coming up short.

idk plush dolls would probably get you some good money.

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

This survey will close today, but I think you have a few more minutes to vote, if you care to do so.

Thanks so much to the thousands of people who took part. Your input is very much appreciated!

oh gods I didn’t notice the survey in the OP so I posted in the thread; I think I got my response in though!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Cronos.6532

Cronos.6532

My first thought is that if ANET is going the way of rl merch they much be hard up for cash and oh no, but ill try not to go there.

…hmm was trying to think of something rl id buy but coming up short.

idk plush dolls would probably get you some good money.

or whatever team responsible for goods (maybe some marketing division?) realized that gw2 merch doesn’t sell as well as other games, because there isn’t enough of it yet, or stuff worth buying!

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
etherealguardians.com

Posted by: Diovid.9506

Diovid.9506

I’d like a codex which gives lore details on historical events, different locations, different creatures, different factions which exist or have existed in Tyria. Well.. I’d rather have that in-game than in book form but.. I’ll take a book if I can’t have the feature. See the Mass Effect games for reference.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A figurine of my own character!

Kima & Co

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

For the love of god, do this now.

Posted by: TheMagickDoll.7594

TheMagickDoll.7594

Maybe ability pins, like GW1 had. Concept Art Books. Mouse pads with concept artwork on it. From what I have seen, there are some fanatic pieces of art in of themselves.

Posted by: Megastorm.6219

Megastorm.6219

Partner with a local brewery, and make some ales that are named after characters. Memberships could go out for beer of the month club. Sell Steins, mugs, growlers, and name one of the brews “Move Moot.” WTB

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey guys,

It occurs to me that the merchandise survey closed, but we easily could leave this thread active to gather more cool ideas for merch.

By the way, the results of the survey were relayed to our manufacturing/merchandise partners, and I believe you’ll be seeing some cool stuff coming down the pike in the future!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Bellatrixa.3546

Bellatrixa.3546

I think it’d be cool if some of the amulets and rings were scaled up, particularly the ascended ones. I mean, we can’t see them in game so it’d be nice to wear them IRL instead. I’d happily wear a Petrified Skull Juju to honour my character’s Kurzick roots or Jurah’s Jewel in commemoration of the old Master of Whispers. The Triforge Pendant would also appeal to Zelda fans.
Also strikes me as this could be a way to bring back the Jewel of Ahdashim and/or other retired amulets/rings…

“Even if we find a way to save the world from the
dragons, I sometimes wonder if we’ll ever find a way to save us from ourselves.”

(edited by Bellatrixa.3546)

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Messenger bag/backpack with the Gw2 logo and color theme.
It could be either the red or the new Jungle Dragon green. :P

You could also have Gw2/profession/race/dragon themed keychains. Buttons/pendants and pins could work too.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Simple: Next expansion = Collector’s edition again, with on CD all songs that don’t belong to jeremy soule. Statue of Caithe (or another main character), some photo’s of special moments in gw2, and a poster. I’d buy that. More so, it would feel right and very nice. Not so much a business decision but making fans happy.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Budman.2934

Budman.2934

Human Lives matter T-shirt

Posted by: eligecos.8429

eligecos.8429

Pretty sure this has been mentioned before, but real-life replicas of the plush charr back items would be nice. Perhaps one that functions both as a sitting plush or one you can actually use as a backpack.

Posted by: Arvizal.8436

Arvizal.8436

Head and Shoulders Charr shampoo please! I’ve always admired their soft, silky fur…

In all seriousness, even more high quality mousemats with more designs and concept arts would be nice.

Thief main since launch! – Ded Pixel – Maguuma – [SAS]