Merchant changes

Merchant changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Gnomex.2749

Gnomex.2749

One of the undocumented changes is the one with merchants. Now, one can only see weapons and armors to buy, which are usable by that character. (For example only Priory light armor set) On the one hand it’s great for new players but on the other… it now makes us unable to buy all order skins by simply having one character in that order. To buy all the skins one have to make three characters (heavy,medium and lightly amored). Same goes with every order weapon. And in that case it’s saying softly – pretty inconvenient.

Do we have any hope for fix at least for this six vendors (let’s say change from item to skin vendor, like Black Lion Tickets one)?

EDIT: Adding this as an option would be the best i think.

(edited by Gnomex.2749)

Merchant changes

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

I really like that change – as an option. It reduces the clutter on your screen and you can focus on the things you really need. But I still want to be able to buy skins for my alts.

(edited by Ignavia.7420)

Merchant changes

Posted by: Eis.6984

Eis.6984

This is a miserable change if there isn’t a UI toggle to see all the items.

I don’t think they thought this one through.

Merchant changes

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I really hate this change. It’s pretty lame of them to do that, and it’s doubly lame that they didn’t even bother to put it in the notes.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Luca.9638

Luca.9638

Already! Same goes for the merchants dungeon token……. now you’re forced to change character every time…….. gg arenanet…..

Merchant changes

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

Seriously. Just have the merchant UI window have a checkbox to show items you can’t use. This is a silly change without a “show all” option.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Is this real? Because if it is, I will need to scream and punch walls a bunch of times. Fortunately I bought a light vigil chest piece with my warrior two days ago, but it seems completely unreasonable if it’s true. Have you checked that it’s not an option you can disable somewhere in the option panel?

I really, really hope you’re wrong, because this will somewhat spoil a really awesome patch.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Auralae.7482

Auralae.7482

This change also impacted the cultural armor vendors. I enjoy viewing cultural armor on a character before I roll a new alt, particularly if I happen to have all character slots full at the time and am considering deleting a character or buying a new slot. I would like the ability to at least view all options.

Merchant changes

Posted by: doctorfaust.9361

doctorfaust.9361

The trading post lets you show/hide usable equipment, they should’ve just let you use a toggle. Anet, given that we had no warning that this was coming, please revert the change (even temporarily) to allow us to do wardrobe unlocks like we could before.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

I really hate this change. It’s pretty lame of them to do that, and it’s doubly lame that they didn’t even bother to put it in the notes.

I feel just like you. I mean, it wouldn’t have bothered me if it was designed that way when the game first came out (I mean it makes sense: my mesmer isn’t in the vigils, why should he wear a vigil armor set?), but doing it know without notice is just mean. The choice of the order is irreversible, so know some armor sets might be completely unobtainable for me without doing the personal story on YET another alt. Without even mentioning the fact that dong the same personal story arc twice is boring.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Does it affect karma vendors as well? If so, then so much for getting all the karma skins with one character completion…

Wasn’t the warning pop up that your character can’t use this item enough?

Merchant changes

Posted by: Roo.2037

Roo.2037

There should be a toggle for hiding stuff you can’t use, we aren’t all babies that can’t read for this restriction to be necessary.

Does it affect karma vendors as well? If so, then so much for getting all the karma skins with one character completion…

Yes, it does.
And yes, there was a warning.

Merchant changes

Posted by: KellyCDB.7138

KellyCDB.7138

Yep, it applies to karma vendors.

Merchant changes

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, it affects the temple karma vendors and order vendors, at the very least. Someone in LA said it’s the same for dungeon vendors, as well, but I haven’t checked yet. Edit: Yup, dungeons, too.

Attachments:

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Merchant changes

Posted by: Khorrax.2108

Khorrax.2108

Awful change. I hope it’s reverted asap.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Luca.9638

Luca.9638

I hope so too…….. very ridiculous change……..

(edited by Luca.9638)

Merchant changes

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I hope we will get a checkbox so I can but whatever I want. sometimes you need to buyt stuff on another characters due to skilpoints or whatever…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Woody.8492

Woody.8492

Don’t worry, this doesnt affect Black Lion Weapon Skins vendor : you can still buy any of those skins even if you can’t use those. Everything working as intended.

Pathetic.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Please add a “show all” option. Otherwise, this is an unnecessary inconvenience for players with more than 1 character.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

ANet have listened to us before, I hope they’ll listen to us now as well. This wasn’t a good change.

Merchant changes

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Thanks guys for checking it.

Make this optional please, some of us actually collect skins XD

Merchant changes

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Please revert this change or make it optional.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Merchant changes

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

So now you are telling me I can’t buy light armor on my medium class?
what am I supposed to with karma again?

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Merchant changes

Posted by: Ignavia.7420

Ignavia.7420

It’s a bug: Clarification

Merchant changes

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Nooooooo. Revert it back!!!

I buy stuff on one char for another to use. I buy dungeon gear to salvage. I don’t want to be switching in between chars to view or buy. I don’t want to make new chars, level enough to get to the personal story step to buy items then delete and remake for every freaking armor weight and weapon use.

This is an unnecessary, restrictive move.

Edit: confirmed to be a bug. (Thank goodness).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Merchant changes

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Now the vendors only sell the limited equipments that only the said class can use. I only have one mesmer character that’s in Vigil and now I can’t buy the Vigil Rifle skin anymore because of this change.

Kindly please switch it back, it does more damage than it fix.
What’s the idea behind this change anyway?

This is not intended. This is a bug, and we apologize for the confusion. The team is aware of this issue and will be correcting it as soon as possible.

You truly are not (supposed to be) required to use a specific profession to purchase items for that profession. Even if an item is not intended for use by a particular profession, you still can (or will be able to, once the fix goes through) purchase the item for use by another character/profession. For example, your Elementalist is welcome to purchase Engineer gear, although obviously the Ele cannot equip it.

Yep it’s a bug

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Merchant changes

Posted by: Greyfur.1082

Greyfur.1082

ArenaNet Please revert this

Edit:
Nevermind I saw its a bug.

(edited by Greyfur.1082)

Merchant changes

Posted by: Samuli.7852

Samuli.7852

Phew! I was already a bit worried

Merchant changes

Posted by: Gnomex.2749

Gnomex.2749

Thanks for informations, i didn’t notice this topic.

Merchant changes

RoseofGilead.8907

Thank you for the link!