[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

In summary of this whole thread: This is a hot mess. A big, nasty hot mess. It seems there is no real way to fix it that will make everyone happy. My hope is that Anet just gives in to making a mistake. They have pulled the armor off the gem store. They should just leave it there as far as what has occurred and post the new set for those that want it in the future and move on.

The Burninator

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

Wow finally! Thank you for this!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: TFeldt.4560

TFeldt.4560

It’s funny listening to people defend a mistake that undermines the methodology of the game.

Do you honestly believe that the methodology of the game is more important to a company than giving customers what they paid for? Anyone who had the human cultural t3 armor has lost nothing but a sense of exclusivity from others having the flame skin. If they ruin the light flame skin then I’ve lost €20 (yes, I bought it for two characters).

You can argue the value of abstract concepts (even feelings) and I might very well agree with you, since many invested a lot of time to grind that gold (and arenanet themselves offer a gem to gold conversion). But you’ll never convince me that I’m not entitled to the product I paid real money for. They screwed up, I didn’t.

Posted by: Cliff.8679

Cliff.8679

It’s funny listening to people defend a mistake that undermines the methodology of the game.

Do you honestly believe that the methodology of the game is more important to a company than giving customers what they paid for? Anyone who had the human cultural t3 armor has lost nothing but a sense of exclusivity from others having the flame skin. If they ruin the light flame skin then I’ve lost €20 (yes, I bought it for two characters).

You can argue the value of abstract concepts (even feelings) and I might very well agree with you, since many invested a lot of time to grind that gold (and arenanet themselves offer a gem to gold conversion). But you’ll never convince me that I’m not entitled to the product I paid real money for. They screwed up, I didn’t.

If you don’t like the new skin they give it, then you can get a refund. You’ve lost nothing. This is the best possible solution.

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Yes, in fact I do, and thats the reason why Anet removed it. Just because you and a select few others like the skin, doesnt mean it doesnt show laziness on the part of the art designer. Give me one good reason why they were incapable of coming up with a brand new skin to introduce in the game? Especially given the fact that you are paying cash money for it. It amazes me that people are so happy getting crumbs from anet when they should be upset that they arent getting crackers.

TFeldt.4560

If you don’t like the new skin they give it, then you can get a refund. You’ve lost nothing. This is the best possible solution.

And will they refund the skin I overwrote with the flame skin? Look above in the thread. Many people have bought an original set of cheap exotics. Skinned it. Applied the flame skin over the old skin because it just looked better. Reverting to the original exotic will remove all the effort of obtaining the original skin and, again, real money we paid for the original transmutation crystals.

Even transmutation splitters won’t solve the problem. There was a problem with infusions vanishing, will people lose laurels?

TFeldt.4560

Yes, in fact I do, and thats the reason why Anet removed it. Just because you and a select few others like the skin, doesnt mean it doesnt show laziness on the part of the art designer. Give me one good reason why they were incapable of coming up with a brand new skin to introduce in the game? Especially given the fact that you are paying cash money for it. It amazes me that people are so happy getting crumbs from anet when they should be upset that they arent getting crackers.

Like I said, they screwed up, I didn’t. All I did was buy a skin in a game that I enjoy. Arguing with me about arenanet having lazy designers (which I think is unfair, but fine, that’s up to you) is rather pointless. Why would I give you reasons when I don’t even work for them? I paid for a product, I want the product I paid for. I don’t want to pay for something that I might or might not like at some undefined point in the future.

Cliff.8679

And will they refund the skin I overwrote with the flame skin? Look above in the thread. Many people have bought an original set of cheap exotics. Skinned it. Applied the flame skin over the old skin because it just looked better. Reverting to the original exotic will remove all the effort of obtaining the original skin and, again, real money we paid for the original transmutation crystals.

Even transmutation splitters won’t solve the problem. There was a problem with infusions vanishing, will people lose laurels?

We’ll find out when ArenaNet addresses that question, but the point remains. You’re talking about being a paying customer, and you’re not losing your money. If you lose some of your in-game assets, that’s unfortunate and I hope ArenaNet is capable of accounting for that for your sake and for anyone else affected. But at the end of the day, buying something off the gem store gives you no more rights than someone who doesn’t. Everyone playing Guild Wars 2 is a paying customer, because they bought the game. Utilizing the gem store gives you no privileges, and you should not expect special treatment.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Thank you for listening, ANet.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

As excited as I was to be able to get this armor for my norn, I appreciate the exclusivity destruction caused by the light armor skin. I have two questions:

1) have you considered release a new skin and leaving first day purchasers with the opportunity to keep the original? I imagine the likelihood of this depends on how many people purchased it.

2) I placed the skin over previously transmuted armor (3 CoF and 3 temple, which I mix and matched lower tier armor skins onto). If we select a refund, when the new armor is released, will we receive transmutation stones to reapply previous skins? I don’t know how a double transmutation works with the splitters… My skin choices were cheap ones, but I imagine some people may have applied over other skin upgrades, which might make this even more complicated.

My thought is that #1 is the easiest solution to #2, but not the one that T3 cultural owners may find acceptable… Which I respect.

This is going to be the biggest problem if the new skin is unacceptable, so they had better make a really good looking skin.

Posted by: phaseviii.4619

phaseviii.4619

Yep. The people who whined the loudest about their prestigious armor (eh…) are getting what they want, meanwhile the paying customers who didn’t do anything wrong are now getting screwed. I’m hoping the new armor will look nice, but I have a hard time keeping my hopes up. They should just unlock the current cultural sets so everyone can have fun (give me that one ritualist-looking Charr headdress for my human necro, please) and then make new exclusive ones for each of the races. Fanciness and bragging rights restored!

I’m really hoping the next skin doesn’t suck, because I will fight to get my money back otherwise. They can’t just bait and switch paying customers to make bystanders happy.

It looked so good on my female Asuran ele too. :\ Hardly anything looks nice on them.

I am a paying customer who has spent a good deal of money on the gem store items…I just also happened to get the normal T3. But 10 dollars is about a cheap meal’s worth, and the time I put into getting an inferior armor set (awful awful non-exotic stats) and then putting it on celestial gear is worth a lot more than 10 bucks. If ANet wasn’t going to refund half of the 120 gold I spent on the normal T3 – not to mention make other cultural armors obtainable so everyone can mix and match the look they want for a high end burger and fries price – then this is the right move to keep getting my money, as a show of good faith to people who did put in the time to get it and to show they aren’t promoting a double standard. I do hope you can get your original skins and whatever else back though.

I own the standard Human T3 as well. I also own T3 for Sylvari and Asura. I put work into the game and earned the gold for my sets, transmuted them onto exotics accordingly, and still did not get upset when I saw the T3 all fiery on the gemstore. I would not be upset if another other cultural armor appeared there either. I don’t care about exclusivity and have always hated that I can’t get the cool Charr headdress with the sweet Norn bustle. When I pay money for something I expect the product I paid for.

If we’re going to talk food here … this is like placing an order for a shiny juicy burger and having it put in front of me to look at, and then having it switched out for mystery meat and not getting a refund of the money I worked my RL job for. I have a set amount of money I allow myself to spend on videogames, and live on a budgeted income. Acquiring gold in-game isn’t that difficult with the variety of farms available, and playing the market with skins. Buying gems is a special once-in-a-while deal for me, and now they’re losing my willingness to put money in because I am getting burned for being a paying customer in this scenario.

Posted by: Spawne.3128

Spawne.3128

Like I said, they screwed up, I didn’t. All I did was buy a skin in a game that I enjoy. Arguing with me about arenanet having lazy designers (which I think is unfair, but fine, that’s up to you) is rather pointless. Why would I give you reasons when I don’t even work for them? I paid for a product, I want the product I paid for. I don’t want to pay for something that I might or might not like at some undefined point in the future.

Im not arguing about it, just merely stating my opinion, and this will be my third infraction anet forum mods have given me for expressing my opinion in an otherwise completely civilized manner. Along with the many others i know that are also getting infractions for saying the same thing. lol

TFeldt.4560

But at the end of the day, buying something off the gem store gives you no more rights than someone who doesn’t. Everyone playing Guild Wars 2 is a paying customer, because they bought the game. Utilizing the gem store gives you no privileges, and you should not expect special treatment.

I expect no special treatment whatsoever. I expect to be given what I paid for, not something else.

Posted by: DarksunG.9537

DarksunG.9537

Ok,so now I’m even more confused… so… you take the time to remake a suit of armor because a few ppl complained. SOOOOO confused. I can’t grasp what motivates anything anymore.

I can think of other things that WAYYYY more ppl are upset about. Feels more like damage control for Scarlet & her amazing friends.

I know, Scarlet undermines pretty much everything.

Cliff.8679

But at the end of the day, buying something off the gem store gives you no more rights than someone who doesn’t. Everyone playing Guild Wars 2 is a paying customer, because they bought the game. Utilizing the gem store gives you no privileges, and you should not expect special treatment.

I expect no special treatment whatsoever. I expect to be given what I paid for, not something else.

You paid for gems, which you’ll be refunded if you so choose. It’s a terrible situation and ArenaNet desperately needs to hire a “Common Sense Manager” to oversee a number of aspects of the game before pulling something like this. I sympathize, but as I said, this is the best and only course of action they can take that preserves the integrity of the game.

Cathgar.7581

You paid for gems, which you’ll be refunded if you so choose. It’s a terrible situation and ArenaNet desperately needs to hire a “Common Sense Manager” to oversee a number of aspects of the game before pulling something like this. I sympathize, but as I said, this is the best and only course of action they can take that preserves the integrity of the game.

Actually that is incorrect, he paid cash for the item but a by product of buying things off of the gem store is that your cash is converted to gems.

Cliff.8679

Actually that is incorrect, he paid cash for the item but a by product of buying things off of the gem store is that your cash is converted to gems.

He bought gems with cash, and he bought the armor with gems. It’s no different than buying a gem card with real money. Intention of what item you wish to buy has nothing to do with it.

Posted by: samrogan.9132

samrogan.9132

On a semi-related note.. Add a dye channel to the flames? Pretty please? I’m not the only person should would find the flame themed skins 100x more appealing!

TFeldt.4560

You know that isn’t what I paid for. If we go down that road someone will bring up EULAs and the ToS, neither of which are legal in the EU, where I am located. Digital services are also protected under EU consumer rights laws. But let’s just not go down that road since it leads to a dark and desolate place that will benefit noone and probably just get the thread locked.

Sod it. This isn’t constructive. I don’t begrudge anyone for having their opinion, even sympathize with them to a point. Who knows, maybe the reskin will be so awesome that I’ll drop to my knees and praise the fact that you guys raised hell about something you’re passionate about.

I’ve spent my last euro on gems at least. That much is certain.

Cathgar.7581

He bought gems with cash, and he bought the armor with gems. It’s no different than buying a gem card with real money. Intention of what item you wish to buy has nothing to do with it.

No, as you can only buy things from store with gems you pay with cash to make that possible. So you are still paying RWM to buy that item.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

• We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

Thank you so much for doing the right thing! My faith in you guys has been restored with this move, and if I like the new art enough I will probably end up buying it myself! And thankfully I won’t have to continue my anti-gem buying protest during black friday if there end up being some good deals.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: Mnemon.6205

Mnemon.6205

I own the standard Human T3 as well. I also own T3 for Sylvari and Asura. I put work into the game and earned the gold for my sets, transmuted them onto exotics accordingly, and still did not get upset when I saw the T3 all fiery on the gemstore. I would not be upset if another other cultural armor appeared there either. I don’t care about exclusivity and have always hated that I can’t get the cool Charr headdress with the sweet Norn bustle. When I pay money for something I expect the product I paid for.

If we’re going to talk food here … this is like placing an order for a shiny juicy burger and having it put in front of me to look at, and then having it switched out for mystery meat and not getting a refund of the money I worked my RL job for. I have a set amount of money I allow myself to spend on videogames, and live on a budgeted income. Acquiring gold in-game isn’t that difficult with the variety of farms available, and playing the market with skins. Buying gems is a special once-in-a-while deal for me, and now they’re losing my willingness to put money in because I am getting burned for being a paying customer in this scenario.

Same here. My RL money is not just for throwing away, but neither is my time. The original decision to make Flamekissed as it was without a broader treatment for all the exclusive stuff you have to go through grinds to get showed a willingness on the part of devs to live with double standards, which is the point where I won’t even entertain the idea of trying for other in-game neat grind items (Legendaries, etc) cause who knows they may be on the gem store someday. If the principle of the thing that gets me in this scenario doesn’t irk you, then I guess that is that. We won’t see at eye level.

Posted by: phaseviii.4619

phaseviii.4619

[…]

I’ve spent my last euro on gems at least. That much is certain.

Same here. I can understand some people’s dissatisfaction, but at the same time … paying customers are getting burned for this. It shouldn’t be that way. I don’t like it when a company plays that takesy backsy game with a cash transaction.

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Well, at least they admitted that this was the wrong move and removed it. However, Anet please consider removing the other two as well. It’s pretty disappointing seeing armors that are just reskins in the store. You’ve been doing a good job coming out with new skins for the store so it’s kind of surprising to see this.

The only reskins I think are acceptable are reskins of old GW1 armor. Boy would I love to see some more of those in-game…

Cliff.8679

No, as you can only buy things from store with gems you pay with cash to make that possible. So you are still paying RWM to buy that item.

You can buy gems with gold, not just cash. When you’re paying cash, you’re getting gems, not an item from the gem store. If you go to an arcade, buy $10 worth of tokens, but find that the game you wanted to play is broken, you’re not going to get your $10 back. They’re going to expect you to spend those tokens on other games.

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

I was one of those that complained the most, I think. And you know whaT? I don’t really care if the guys that paid the armor keep it.

I am just glad that Anet understood their mistake, that is enough for me.

I was just afraid that this was the beginning of a total destruction of the game for me by slowly transfering all the in game nice skins to the store and leaving as sole goal for the game to obtain higher and higher gear stats.

Let that skin to their buyers as a plain reminder for all the players of this fiasco and as a memento of what never should have happened.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

To all those worried they won’t get their money back and will instead get gems:

When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Don’t piggyback on assumptions. If you bought gems just for this, explain that to customer service when you request your refund.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Bucketloads of new posts since i last checked.

For once im glad to have been proven wrong and that Anet replied and it seems to have retracted the skin. I am wondering, assuming no more culturals end up on gemstore for all races, if this can be taken that anet would like to stand behind the design concept of exclusive cultural/racial armor.

(edited by generalraccoon.3857)

Cathgar.7581

You can buy gems with gold, not just cash. When you’re paying cash, you’re getting gems, not an item from the gem store. If you go to an arcade, buy $10 worth of tokens, but find that the game you wanted to play is broken, you’re not going to get your $10 back. They’re going to expect you to spend those tokens on other games.

If Anet start going down that slippery slope things will not end well as a lot of people only spent RWM to get the advertised item and if they cannot get that RWM back, well that would speak volumes.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Because he wants to keep the armor as is. I do to. A totally fair and correct result would have been to remove it from the gem store, redesigning it but let those who have bought it keep the existing skin.

No. This whole uproar about the skins is exactly because people were allowed to buy a reskin of a T3 cultural armor on the Gem Store. If those people could keep it simply because they bought it before ANet admitted the mistake and decided to fix, the problem would persist, since people would still have the amor that shouldnt have been sold on the first place.

So why punish the purchasers, who purchased in good faith. When it was not a problem they created?

And how exactly are you being punished? Youre getting your money back.

I want the armor I bought not a different set of armor or my gems back hence I am being punished. Plus if someone bought gems with gold they will be punished by the inflation of the gold/gems rate.

I was one of those that complained the most, I think. And you know whaT? I don’t really care if the guys that paid the armor keep it.

I am just glad that Anet understood their mistake, that is enough for me.

Exactly and they wouldn’t have this problem of having to refund gems.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

(edited by morrolan.9608)

Posted by: Kurppa.9473

Kurppa.9473

I really hope you dont change it too much. I loved how it looks on my asura and i alraedy crafted matching weapons for this set…

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

The biggest disappointment i ever felt in this game. I can’t believe they went through with something like that.

I wanted to say the same…..some shop items, but this as a extrem is killing the games atmosphere slowly.
But Anet is doing a nice move by reworking it. GJ!

(edited by Norjena.5172)

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

I was just afraid that this was the beginning of a total destruction of the game for me by slowly transfering all the in game nice skins to the store and leaving as sole goal for the game to obtain higher and higher gear stats.

I hate to break it to you but I’ve been playing since before launch and that certainly is the sole goal. Nothing is hard to obtain in the game except the limited event skins. The gear grind started with Fractals spread to weapons and soon will be on armor as well. So yeah better stats is pretty much the sole goal of the game at this point. There’s nothing special or unique about farming 120g and buying a cultural set in a weekend. Aside from it not looking as good as the fiery one.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

And I quote from the other thread that was asked to be locked (for no reason rather than the Op thinking it was a bad idea):

Orpheal.8263: "Theres no best solution in this case.
Regardless of what Anet does now, one side will be always kittened up.
Be it the minority of the community, which likes the armors and has absolutely no problems with them whcih also even would go so far to say like me, that GW2 should have never have had any cultural armors at all to let the game be truly all about fashion, what Anet always has stated…
Or be it the vast majority of QQing selfish egos, which either can’t stand the fact, that some minority can buy their super duper ultra extraordinaly special T3 in an animated version with a basical cheaper price…

Or due to them being so smallminded, so that they think in so outdated ways regarding to a game like GW2, that it must have cultural armors (when it absolutely must not) to be unique/innovative – what leads directly to a contradiction in itself at the same move logically, because of Anet’s statement, that GW2 should be completely all about fashion, where putting racial restrictions to any equipment in the game, aside from everything, that is personal story related and bonded to the specific character, just makes ZERO SENSE at all!"

I also quote myself:

“I agree this game should not be like other MMOs if they (the company) originally said they wouldn’t. (remember the manifesto?) That includes exclusive or limited time gear.
The cultural gear should have never existed in the first place PERIOD! No exclusive gear in GW 2 should have been made ever!

One More thing that I will know not to do in my own MMO if I were to make one."

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

(edited by Yumiko Ishida.3769)

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

Looks like someone didn’t read it:

• Those who bought it can keep it for the moment.
  • When they update it, it’ll be changed.
  • If the player isn’t happy with it, they’ll get a refund.

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Fair compensation would be guaranteeing that at the end I’m as satisfied with how my character looks in it after they change it as I am now or they give me something else that makes me equally satisfied. if I’d just wanted 800 gold or 10 bucks, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

Unless they’ve got a great plan for this, I don’t see them making up for the money and time I and others spent putting together other things to go with this armor that may or may not match the new armor. And I don’t think they have the pull to get me a day off to start from scratch on a new set even if they did.

There is nothing fair to the people who purchased the gem store armor about this resolution.

You get to wear the armor you liked untill you get a full refund. Want them to come and clean your apartment as well? People like you make it really hard to not use bad language.

Gee, thanks. I can level a character I’d parked because I didn’t have an end-game skin I liked for it until they take away the end-game skin.

Really, wanting to be fairly compensated for something being taken away from me spurs you more to bad language than all the people who demanded something be taken away from someone else who had done nothing wrong simply so they could enjoy having it exclusively themselves?

Posted by: Quest.7843

Quest.7843

Refunding really is going to be a messy business. It’d be better to leave the current skin as is, along side the new skin. And if the current flamekiss owners want the new skin they can pay for it like everyone else.

TFeldt.4560

If you go to an arcade, buy $10 worth of tokens, but find that the game you wanted to play is broken, you’re not going to get your $10 back. They’re going to expect you to spend those tokens on other games.

What if you asked the clerk before paying if the game you wanted was available and working? What if he said yes, it sure is, just the way you want it. Here, preview it if you wish, looks great, doesn’kitten And then you find out that no, he was lying. Wouldn’t that count as false advertising? Wouldn’t you want your tokens exchanged at that point or would you again accept that you had to play another game?

Anyway, officially giving up at this point. That analogy just tickled me the wrong way for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Err, the “kitten” above must have been me forgetting to hit space between “doesn’t” and “it”. So it ended up as a female mammary gland, apologies for that.

(edited by TFeldt.4560)

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Anet really did make a huge mess with this entire situation. There doing the right thing removing the item from the store and re skinning it.

I can understand some peoples outrage on spending RWM on a skin. At the same time the person who farmed the gold for there t3 cultural (that is exclusive to there race) also spent there valuable time.

Hopefully Anet learned a valuable lesson on how to run a video game.

Also I think its kinda funny and sad how the community is acting.

Its not our problem as long as it does not affect us.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

If you go to an arcade, buy $10 worth of tokens, but find that the game you wanted to play is broken, you’re not going to get your $10 back. They’re going to expect you to spend those tokens on other games.

What if you asked the clerk before paying if the game you wanted was available and working? What if he said yes, it sure is, just the way you want it. Here, preview it if you wish, looks great, doesn’kitten And then you find out that no, he was lying. Wouldn’t that count as false advertising? Wouldn’t you want your tokens exchanged at that point or would you again accept that you had to play another game?

Anyway, officially giving up at this point. That analogy just tickled me the wrong way for the wrong reasons.

EDIT: Err, the “kitten” above must have been me forgetting to hit space between “doesn’t” and “it”. So it ended up as a female mammary gland, apologies for that.

But the catch is when you sign in to Guild Wars you agree to there TOS which states they have the right to change anything or even shut down the game at a moments notice.

Sure you could fight them on it but there a multi million dollar company so there just going to out last you if you did try to dispute there TOS with them.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

They did not learn any lessons… they are like any old MMO now with exclusive gear and backward thinking. The cultural being available to all races is what ANET should have done at launch and racial-only gear is the old days of Everquest and Linage and WoW.

I guess people got what they wanted another game like all the others.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

It was a opportunity to get other cultural armors but you guys blew it.

Cathgar.7581

But the catch is when you sign in to Guild Wars you agree to there TOS which states they have the right to change anything or even shut down the game at a moments notice.

Sure you could fight them on it but there a multi million dollar company so there just going to out last you if you did try to dispute there TOS with them.

Lol, so bite the hand that feeds you. Good idea.

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

I hate to break it to you but I’ve been playing since before launch and that certainly is the sole goal. Nothing is hard to obtain in the game except the limited event skins. The gear grind started with Fractals spread to weapons and soon will be on armor as well. So yeah better stats is pretty much the sole goal of the game at this point. There’s nothing special or unique about farming 120g and buying a cultural set in a weekend. Aside from it not looking as good as the fiery one.

No, of course there is nothing special except this : you have to play the game.
Cultural needs something : it needs a lvl80 from a certain race. You can level it quick by paying and crafting, but you still need to play somehow.
Same with dungeon sets… you might pay to run the dungeons, but still you have to play them.

I am not blind and I already told in other threads what I thought about the stats grind, but yet this game had something that still interested me: play to obtain some items that oyu can only obtain under some in game conditions.

Take all those items and put them on sale for a few dollars and what is left of the game?

I have nothing against exclusive store skins. Still, I like to have some in game goals.

This skin was an awful indication of what might have come.

But again. Now that they took it out and apparently understood this is not a good idea I don’t mind that those that bought it keep it.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

evrything i sey here is infrakted seriosly im just honest here im funatic of this game i dont whant to end up junk scrap or to fail all im seying is for good on the game and u guys keep deliting pousts whic are not in your favor not cool
btw sorry for bad english .

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

lol, no. Anet blew it when they decided cultural armor should be a 60 gold cash shop item.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Yes! Either that or a flaming bathing suit.

Or, if you really can’t do a flaming bathing suit (why, why???): a flaming inquest top, flaming starter skirt, flaming winged boots, and the gloves and helmet “as-is”. That combination rocks. It really does. Note: you’ll have noticed this comment relates to female characters only.

Yumiko Ishida.3769

@ substance: You are sort of right too, yet cultural gear should be a high end skin, not limited to one race.

Exactly! I knew this was coming and I knew everyone would blow it for everyone.

I guess its time for me to learn to program and make my own game one where it be balanced, player friendly, no barriers to entry on any content, optional grind, gear that is available to all and nothing exclusive to a class or race yet full of unique skins.

GW 2 would have been this game if they never listened to anyone and stuck to their guns. Guess its not now.

Posted by: Mnemon.6205

Mnemon.6205

Winged. I liked it, so I’d buy a flaming Winged for a zerk set~

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I’m a little sad … for once that armor was fine in my asura …

Attachments:

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

It would be amazing if the removed flamekissed would just be an upgrade to the old t3 human skin and the new flamekissed become a totally new skin….i would love that. and you guys?