[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

It was a opportunity to get other cultural armors but you guys blew it.

@ substance: You are sort of right too, yet cultural gear should be a high end skin, not limited to one race.

Exactly! I knew this was coming and I knew everyone would blow it for everyone.

I guess its time for me to learn to program and make my own game one where it be balanced, player friendly, no barriers to entry on any content, optional grind, gear that is available to all and nothing exclusive to a class or race yet full of unique skins.

GW 2 would have been this game if they never listened to anyone and stuck to their guns. Guess its not now.

Hey, I would have no problem with cultural armor for everyone. I remade an entire character from sylvari to human to get the assassin’s set but I am still two peices away from completion which amounts to 45gold + 2 crystals. I pretty much stopped trying to finish it because how was I supposed to know whether or not we would see it in the gem store for slightly more than that for a whole set with sick effects on it?

I think peopel are getting a raw deal but that’s on anet’s end for not coming up with some way of refunding people’s gems if they turn in their gear to an NPC who could then revert the skin to the original as we know they can thanks to the splitter stones.

If they had just put it in the gem store with a comparable gems2gold value to the in game armor with a promise to convert the other race’s armor this could have all been avoided.

People are kitten ed now because anet back tracked when they should be kitten ed because the very people who lack such foresight to see this coming are the people running the game they love.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

Can you atleast re-add the Flamekissed skin as it is as some sort of Mystic Forge combination between an actual set of Human Cultural T3 and some hard to get materials because I really love the look and really really want to have it on my character.

Edit: typo.

(edited by Najten.2418)

Substance E.4852

Can you atleast re-add the Flamekissed skin as it is as some sort of Mystic Forge combination between am actual set of Human Cultural T3 and some hard to get materials because I really love the look and really really want to have it on my character.

I doubt they will just trash the armor completely. We’ll probably see it again some day in some for another.

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

I doubt they will just trash the armor completely. We’ll probably see it again some day in some for another.

Judging by the length of this thread it’s likely the most popular armor they’ve ever released.

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

I hope so.. I actually think it’s the best look armor set ever added to the game.

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

I’m really curious to know just how many people bought the armor. I’m guessing it isn’t a low number. This whole thing is depressing.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

it’s kinda sad that people can come to the forums and whine and get something people liked taken away.

and if their going to do a refund, it should be cold hard cash, because that’s what people paid for said armor

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

This is bullkitten. Way to listen to all the whiney kittens.

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Wow, they really screwed up big time with this. First off because the whole concept of reskins is pretty cheap imo. Then I really find the medium not fantastic at all, some parts of the heavy are nice though. The light one is incredible though. Incredible because it is basically a T3 for half price and available to all races.
When I saw that, I knew some people would be kitten ed off and I’d say rightfully so.
The problem is I found it really amazing for my elementalist.
My elem is *human*, I didn’t get the t3 because while the model was nice, it was not nice enough for me to buy it while the added particules of the flamekissed really made it amazing for me.
Now as much as I understand the uproar about this skin, I am really unhappy that they are changing it. I know there is no good way to handle this as there will always be someone unhappy.
The problem I have is that chances are the new skin will not suit me and the basic t3 doesn’t either. So I am basically told I found a skin I really love and I won’t be able to keep it. It’s not even a matter of gold or anything, I just find it completly stupid that this amazing skin is getting wiped out.
I really wish they would add this set as an alternative for human t3 meaning you can buy this one if you like it or the normal one. I know it wouldn’t please all non human who bought it though but I find it’s such a pity to simply erase this skin forever.

Posted by: Jaf.9024

Jaf.9024

tbh, I rather they go down the path of opening up all cultural armor but that would require more work from them, which in turn is I guess why they decided to reskin the T3 in the first place (less work involved). As much as I appreciate a response from Regina (Thank you!), it still doesn’t solve the 2 big questions I have for this whole situation.
1. Why they decide to reskin in the first place? (yeah I know they want our $$, but is it becoz they have no confidence in their own design team that it will be able to create new skin that sells?)
2. How did they choose which armor to reskin? This is the bigger question I have, becoz we can all see how random these 3 sets are where they have no connection at all. If their answer is, ‘yeah, these 3 are the most popular sets in the game, so we thought you guys would like an updated version of it’ then I think it makes sense. But from what I see, only the T3 seems to be popular in game.
p.s. I don’t believe the ‘reason’ given in Regina’s post, but they’ll say whatever they want us to believe.

Substance E.4852

Judging by the length of this thread it’s likely the most popular armor they’ve ever released.

More like infamous. But, ya, I suspect they sold enough of it to bring it back again someday in a hopefully smarter way.

Posted by: Joe.6381

Joe.6381

I have to think that if they changed their stance on this it was more then a few people complaining. But yes this is a train wreck. And yes there will be un satisfied customers now regardless. However this problem wasn’t created by any of the community. This is a self inflicted wound by the developer. At no point should exclusive T3 cultural meshes have been considered for sale in the gem store UNLESS all T3 cultural meshes were being made available. The idea shouldn’t have even left the drawing board. So really the only people to blame is Anet. They totally own this snafu.

Pretty much sums it up. And now it’s not going to get batter unless they work really hard. If they don’t go out with some amazing skin that will be worth it, the people who bought the flamekissed set and were unaware of cultural armours, why and how they worked or didn’t care would get really kitten ed as well – and that’s not good either.

Substance E.4852

Wow, they really screwed up big time with this. First off because the whole concept of reskins is pretty cheap imo. Then I really find the medium not fantastic at all, some parts of the heavy are nice though. The light one is incredible though. Incredible because it is basically a T3 for half price and available to all races.
When I saw that, I knew some people would be kitten ed off and I’d say rightfully so.
The problem is I found it really amazing for my elementalist.
My elem is human, I didn’t get the t3 because while the model was nice, it was not nice enough for me to buy it while the added particules of the flamekissed really made it amazing for me.
Now as much as I understand the uproar about this skin, I am really unhappy that they are changing it. I know there is no good way to handle this as there will always be someone unhappy.
The problem I have is that chances are the new skin will not suit me and the basic t3 doesn’t either. So I am basically told I found a skin I really love and I won’t be able to keep it. It’s not even a matter of gold or anything, I just find it completly stupid that this amazing skin is getting wiped out.
I really wish they would add this set as an alternative for human t3 meaning you can buy this one if you like it or the normal one. I know it wouldn’t please all non human who bought it though but I find it’s such a pity to simply erase this skin forever.

This is the most logical solution. Just change it to merch armor for the standard T3 cost with omni access and create a new one to take it’s place in the gem store.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

We will do a few things to address this issue.

• We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
  • Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
  • We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

Looks like someone didn’t read it:

• Those who bought it can keep it for the moment.
  • When they update it, it’ll be changed.
  • If the player isn’t happy with it, they’ll get a refund.

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Fair compensation would be guaranteeing that at the end I’m as satisfied with how my character looks in it after they change it as I am now or they give me something else that makes me equally satisfied. if I’d just wanted 800 gold or 10 bucks, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

Unless they’ve got a great plan for this, I don’t see them making up for the money and time I and others spent putting together other things to go with this armor that may or may not match the new armor. And I don’t think they have the pull to get me a day off to start from scratch on a new set even if they did.

There is nothing fair to the people who purchased the gem store armor about this resolution.

You get to wear the armor you liked untill you get a full refund. Want them to come and clean your apartment as well? People like you make it really hard to not use bad language.

Gee, thanks. I can level a character I’d parked because I didn’t have an end-game skin I liked for it until they take away the end-game skin.

Really, wanting to be fairly compensated for something being taken away from me spurs you more to bad language than all the people who demanded something be taken away from someone else who had done nothing wrong simply so they could enjoy having it exclusively themselves?

Acting all “I want more” spurs me to bad language, not your desire for the skin. You should be happy they are giving you a refund, because you deserve nothing.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

wow I’m super impressed that they are going to fix this.

All gems should be refunded just in case the new look isn’t what people wanted. Its like buying a car then the dealer comes over and replaces it with a van. “Yeah sorry we weren’t supposed to sell you that car, here’s a van instead” – ahhhh, No.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

Winged. I liked it, so I’d buy a flaming Winged for a zerk set~

this would be tempting me to buy even more gems. ive already planned to buy some to get character slots…but winged armor with particles…. hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

Hello! I just wanted to express my opinion about new items release in the BLTC and some other things.
I know the development team is kinda in a rush couse of the 2 weeks timeline, and maybe they don’t have much time to discuss the impact of new items releases on economy and on players psycology, but as scandals goes on (like the one with infinite gathering tools example) I’m wondering if the team thinks about the consequenses of these actions. It doesn’t take too much to understand what is equal and what not imho. I would kindly suggest the team to take your time and think about the impact of releasing some items that touches the concept of rarity of other items already in game.

The t3 light human armor is the last example we have. Releasing a t3 cultural with improved estetic of course piseed off completly all the people already had it spending a lot of time and resouces to get it, to just find out that suddently on BLTC it appear the same armor, avaliable for any race, and with an improved visual effect.
This is not equal, not that hard to understand.
I do actually love the concept u wanted to introduce the possibility for other races to use such an awesome set like the human t3 light, but if course this required a sort of psycological compensation for people that already have that item.

Being equal is not that hard too. The team could just gave the same effect to the t3 human, so that who already has it, was fine with it avaliable on the shop.
In any way you are not gonna loose money, becouse:
1- who already has t3 conforming to the race that only can have it, it will automatically buy the new version from npc visually upgraded. Who don’t have that race, can buy it from the gem store.
2- who buy the shop version, already have transmutation included on it since is a skin. so if me human want to use this armor on ascended armor, i’ll have to buy transmutation stores, so no loose of money for Anet anyway.
And of course for who likes the normal version without the effect, it can be created a tool in the H panel to choose if to have the effect on it or not.

In my opinion, if u do the things consideratin all the impact it can have, and giving solutions for it, is a lot better than just release a content in the way you did becouse right now most people are thinking:
1- I can’t trust Anet, why should i buy a t3 or even a legend? who assures me they are not gonna make it avaliable at the shop for a lot less money as did with t3 light human?
2- oh good, they released this content like says “we do this, if they cry maybe we can think about changing it, if they don’t we just leave things as they are”
I know the truth is probably different, or maybe a mid-way between what i said, but this doesn’t change the people opinion and trust about you as company.

We both know too many people already left the game, and that’s a big pity, couse i think gw2 has a VERY huge potential to take online gaming into the next era of experience.
Last thing. The MMO migration.
All the people I know that plays gw2 though u were talking about all the people that left the game when we first saw that title. After reading we understood it was another marketing stuff to catch new people to play the game, insisting on some stuff that in our opinion are not true. Example:
“That I turn my back forever on grind which is/are totally lame.” (taken from gw2 oath example given on the site) http://migration.guildwars2.com/en/
Do you really think gw2 has not grinding?
It takes me back at your Manifesto Video, in wich the gw2 team said all great stuff but in the game they barely did half of it.
I really hope this message don’t hurt anyone, I tried to speak with an open heart, since we all care about gw2 becoming a healty and great MMO as it deserves.

Thank you for reading.
Aedil

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.

• We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
  • Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
  • When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.

Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.

So you’re going to take away something that people bought and enjoy without compensating them fairly. It is great to be a paying customer at ArenaNet.

Looks like someone didn’t read it:

• Those who bought it can keep it for the moment.
  • When they update it, it’ll be changed.
  • If the player isn’t happy with it, they’ll get a refund.

How is ‘being allowed to keep it or have a refund if you’re not happy’ not fair compensation?

Fair compensation would be guaranteeing that at the end I’m as satisfied with how my character looks in it after they change it as I am now or they give me something else that makes me equally satisfied. if I’d just wanted 800 gold or 10 bucks, I wouldn’t have bought it in the first place.

Unless they’ve got a great plan for this, I don’t see them making up for the money and time I and others spent putting together other things to go with this armor that may or may not match the new armor. And I don’t think they have the pull to get me a day off to start from scratch on a new set even if they did.

There is nothing fair to the people who purchased the gem store armor about this resolution.

You get to wear the armor you liked untill you get a full refund. Want them to come and clean your apartment as well? People like you make it really hard to not use bad language.

Gee, thanks. I can level a character I’d parked because I didn’t have an end-game skin I liked for it until they take away the end-game skin.

Really, wanting to be fairly compensated for something being taken away from me spurs you more to bad language than all the people who demanded something be taken away from someone else who had done nothing wrong simply so they could enjoy having it exclusively themselves?

Acting all “I want more” spurs me to bad language, not your desire for the skin. You should be happy they are giving you a refund, because you deserve nothing.

You have a frightening concept of rights and justice. I don’t want more. I just want to be compensated for what I’m losing. Which isn’t just an amount of gems, but the level of satisfaction I have with my character in its current state.

I have a character I really like right now. I shouldn’t be left with one that I like less after a change that was forced upon me to appease others.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

All gems should be refunded just in case the new look isn’t what people wanted. Its like buying a car then the dealer comes over and replaces it with a van. “Yeah sorry we weren’t supposed to sell you that car, here’s a van instead” – ahhhh, No.

Aside from if you buy the car, the only car on the lot and then the dealer tells, “Bring the car back we are making it a van. If you don’t like the van we will give you credit towards oil changes and some other stuff you didn’t give us money for. I know you paid us cash for the car but you will have to find some other way to use it in our shop instead of getting your money back.”

The Burninator

Posted by: Koro.5072

Koro.5072

too bad. I like the Skin and wanted to buy for my Norn. Hope the new one will be very nice too.. kitten ed…

Substance E.4852

Aside from if you buy the car, the only car on the lot and then the dealer tells, “Bring the car back we are making it a van. If you don’t like the van we will give you credit towards oil changes and some other stuff you didn’t give us money for. I know you paid us cash for the car but you will have to find some other way to use it in our shop instead of getting your money back.”

When you can buy a car for a whole $10 you let me know.
Also you would have had to buy said car by signing an eula that stated that you agreed that they could take the car back at any time.

I also like how everyone automatically assumes the new light armor will suck and no one will like it.

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It took GW1 five years to get to that point with the Eye of the North armor sets. Is that really the direction this game is going? Already?

EotN was released a little less than two and a half year after Prophecies. And speaking of which, prophecies already had reskins. Generally one per professions.

If I can make a suggestion to Anet: please use the “Rubric” armor skin as the base for the new light set, seeing as it’s currently unobtainable in PVE. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Rubric_armor

Rubric armor is available in PvE.
My necro got the top around level 40 as a rare drop in fields of ruins back when the game was released. There’s a small chance my memory is bad and it was a personal story reward, but I remember wearing it in Fields of Ruins.

JustTrogdor.7892

Actually I have many times. Well between $10 and $50 but that is part of my business. Cars and online virtual game items are worlds apart. So your point = nill. Wait you had no point aside from trying to say you can’t buy a car for $10.

The Burninator

Posted by: Manda D Ulin.2367

Manda D Ulin.2367

Acting all “I want more” spurs me to bad language, not your desire for the skin. You should be happy they are giving you a refund, because you deserve nothing.[/quote]

You have a frightening concept of rights and justice. I don’t want more. I just want to be compensated for what I’m losing. Which isn’t just an amount of gems, but the level of satisfaction I have with my character in its current state.

I have a character I really like right now. I shouldn’t be left with one that I like less after a change that was forced upon me to appease others.
[/quote]

Fortunately there’s others here to help decide what we are allowed to wear and have. You don’t want to look too good or someone else might feel bad.

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

But guys, I thought the forums do not represent the opinion of the majority?
Why did they remove the armor skin based on the opinion of the TINY MINORITY in this thread?
How is this fair?

Posted by: Grishnakk.9426

Grishnakk.9426

Hmm, well this sucks. I was finally hoping to get something as sexy as the human sets for my norn and finally did – Don’t like the overbearingly fur based chunky as hell norn cultural after all.

Unless the design is VERY similar in style to what it is at the moment I think I’ll be pushing for a Gem refund. While I can understand human players complaints and upset – your just now potentially going to upset another lot of us who have spent our hard earned Real life gold not our 120 in game gold to purchase this armor set.

Valid point pulling it, redesigning and loading it up to the store again, but leave those of us who already have it with the option of KEEPING the skin as is.

Not only are you changing what we bought, but its the fact that this armor has now effected other things on many players.

- New skin we potentially won’t like, and have to deal with the stress/time sink of dealing with support.
- People have reskined weapons/back peices to suit the new armor set – Will this gold/gems/transmute stones be refunded also?
- Have written over old skins/gear which we may not get back upon this ‘refund’ (I wrote over some dungeon/cultural skins and would be kitten ed if these items reverted to their originally horrible karma/WvW skins).

I do feel bad for the human players who purchased the T3, but the complaining has now also screwed over another segregation of players – IMO only option is to let us have the choice to KEEP the skin we purchased as is while releasing the new one for sale when it is ready.

Amorphis – Elementalist.
Grishnakk – Warrior.
TKG – JQQ Oceanic – www.fivefingerdiscount.org

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I just want to know, if the people who already bought it who used the skin to overwrite another skin (say the phoenix armor skin+mask of the crown) doesn’t like the new one, will they revert their armors to that previous skin? Or will it be like the transmutation splitter and revert the armor back to its original style (say, the COF armor)? Coz that would suck.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Substance E.4852

Actually I have many times. Well between $10 and $50 but that is part of my business. Cars and online virtual game items are worlds apart. So your point = nill. Wait you had no point aside from trying to say you can’t buy a car for $10.

If they are worlds apart then what was the point of your analogy? Talk about invalidating your own argument…

Posted by: Backward Sass.6791

Backward Sass.6791

I “upgraded” my full Human T3 armor to the Flamekissed set. If I don’t like the new look, will CS change or supply me with the Human T3 armor set so I can revert back?

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

It will be utterly boring crap, that will be quickly fixed together with no heartblood behind it, so that every selfish T3 QQer and outdated cultural armor restriction lover can die happy together, cause of having cryed together loud enough to enforce their will onto ANet, so that they had to break in and to come up with this ridiculous farce of a bad excuse to lose not their faces in regard of having to admit, that they wholeheartly were intenting to sell the armor set with exactly the skin in which way it has been put into the Shop.

No one can tell me, that nobody at Anet has checked the work of the art design teams, before those works received basically any kind of “green light” from other higher departments that have to make the decisions, what finds its ways into the shop and what not …
They did 100%ly exactly KNOW WHAT THEY DO and which result they could possibly conjure up with this.

Its absolutely normal, that such things happen, because Anet has to test out, what they can do and what they can’t. This was clearly such a kind of test on how far they can go.

Whatever of a quick fix crap they will come up with now, I doubt very hardly, that it will be anything better, than the original intented flamekiss armor, nor that they will satisfy with this move all those people which intended to buy the flamekss armor with exactly the skinn that was originally intended to be sold, nor all of those, who probably already have bought the skin, which will lose the skin design, once net comes up with the stupid new one, that will instantly replace the old one…

Refunds are no solution also, because a refund simply can’t replace the fact, that you can’t simply have/own anymore, what you already have bought. To get the gems back makes the situation not better that we simply can’t look anymore with our characters, how we want them to look, only beacuse of some vast majority of selfish immature people, that can’t stand the fact, that people can buy with money something, that looks similar to somethign already existing and that for all races, in a game, that was stated to be from begin on all about fashion with no restrictions and where gaining quickly gold thro to gold converted gems is absolutely nothing special, that makes the T3 hurman armor set so extreme extraordinary of “hard effort” ROLMAO, when in fact it takes just 1-2 gems card or so to convert them to have direcntly enough gold to instantly buy you the T3 armor and equip it directly at the moment your character hits level 80.

All this whats happening right now here is just utterly ridiculous and it would have never been happened if

1) * We would have no stupid racial restrictions for armors
2) * The Armor System of GW2 would work more similar to the one of GW1, that every endgame armor would be same as easy/hard obtainable, os that there are no differencies in aquarring armor Y over Armor X in regard of effort, or better to say GRIND

In GW1 had all Endgame Armors in regard of the Gold Costs the same Base Cost.
Just only costs due to different materials varied, but the base cost for all elite armors at endgame content were nearly the same. Base Cost was a bit lower, when the needed materials were more expensive and vise versa.

Thats what GW2 needs again too.

Every Max Stat Armor should simply cost the same amount of Gold, just like in GW1-.
15 Gold per Armor Piece.
Would mean, every Max Level Armor would basically cost always 15*6 = 90 Gold.

If every Max Level Armor would always cost 90 Gold, then the game would have a much more powerful gold sink, what this game currently effectively needs at times of this increasing gold inflation that gem/gold conversion rates keep on sky rocketing, so that we reach soon the 10G/100 gem border >.<

However, even if Anet suddenly should really come up with a real complete new armor set, it won’t please everyone of the minority that anet just has kitten ed off now for the sake of silencing the crying masses of pure selfishness, because then it still stands at a 50/50 chance, that the result will be either something, thats totally uninteresting for the people of that minority.. or eventually the 50% chance as a matter of taste, that people will like the new design more over the original intended one that some people already have bought and will get soon replaced with the new design, if they want, or not …

In the first case, Anet would have to give out gem refunds.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

I “upgraded” my full Human T3 armor to the Flamekissed set. If I don’t like the new look, will CS change or supply me with the Human T3 armor set so I can revert back?

Trans Splitters. Job done.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Sabyne.6329

I love it so much. I’m a sad panda now and no amount of cookies will make me feel better.

Attachments:

Posted by: Caffynated.5713

Caffynated.5713

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance.

You’ve just insulted the intelligence of every person who read this.

You don’t spit in people’s faces and then tell them it’s raining when they get mad. You apologize for the insult and admit that your action was wrong. Trying to act like this was an innocent mistake makes you look even worse.

T3 human armor (all kinds) are among the most desirable and distinctive skins in the game. Nobody who has played the game for a month saw that skin and thought anything other than “hey, T3 human with fire!” ANet knew exactly what they were doing when they did this, and to try to brush it off as an innocent mistake in not making it visually distinctive from cultural armor is complete BS.

You and your entire company should be ashamed of this blatantly dishonest response to your customer’s outrage.

“We recognize that the changes to [ele] will essentially remove it from play. In the future,
we may consider whether or not there is an incarnation of [ele] that would be viable
but balanced. For now, we do not expect it to see serious use.” – ANet

Sabyne.6329

If the T3 was transmuted to an exotic set, I believe trans splitters will give him the exotic set back, not the previous transmuted T3 exotic, but I could be wrong.

Substance E.4852

If the T3 was transmuted to an exotic set, I believe trans splitters will give him the exotic set back, not the previous transmuted T3 exotic, but I could be wrong.

You get both items back but it won’t be cheap to do.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

correct

Backward Sass.6791

I hope that’s the case. I have a feeling if I did not like the new look I would not get both the gems and Transmutation Splitters though.

Sabyne.6329

You mean If he uses trans splitters on his flamekissed set, he’ll get back the old T3 and the exotic set it was transmuted with before applying the new skin? I didn’t think it worked that way.

(edited by Sabyne.6329)

Leo Paul.1659

They should just improve all cultural armors so the humans will still get the flamekissed T3 light armor or use T3 improved armors for ascended ones. My issue is for those people who transmuted multiple times that they won’t get the last transmuted skin they used prior to the flamekissed.

Backward Sass.6791

Ahh, thanks for the clarification!

Substance E.4852

You mean If he uses trans splitters on his flamekissed set, he’ll get back the old T3 and the exotic set it was transmuted with before applying the new skin? I didn’t think it worked that way.

Ya, sorry, I missed the part where he transmuted the T3 skin onto exos and then used the flame skin on that. I don’t even know if the splitters work with transmute skin items.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

It would be amazing if the removed flamekissed would just be an upgrade to the old t3 human skin and the new flamekissed become a totally new skin….i would love that. and you guys?

for me, no! the flames wouldnt match with my mesmer.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Mnemon.6205

Mnemon.6205

Make all cultural armors buyable by all races (and adjust the meshes appropriately), make variations of them with flames/ice/lightning/whatever coming off of it available on the gem store, rake in the money. The end.

Posted by: Aedil.1296

Aedil.1296

It would be amazing if the removed flamekissed would just be an upgrade to the old t3 human skin and the new flamekissed become a totally new skin….i would love that. and you guys?

for me, no! the flames wouldnt match with my mesmer.

what if mesmers gets feathers (like kasmeer) for men and butterflyes for female, on the armor stones, while elementalists can change the effect depending on the attunements they are?

I go air, i get lightings i go water i get drops i go earth i get rocks effets omg omg _

JustTrogdor.7892

If they are worlds apart then what was the point of your analogy? Talk about invalidating your own argument…

Nope you are the one that tried to compare car purchases to virtual purchases buy dollar value. I can buy a car for $10 or some virtual armor for $10. If the person I buy the car from tells me to bring it back and gives me a van or credits for some crap I don’t want is the same as if I spend $10 for some virtual armor and they tell me never mind here are some credits for some crap you may not want. In the end the car has nothing to do with it it aside from not getting what I paid for. You can EULA all you want. True EULA wins in the end but every which way they lose on this they are kittening someone over.

The Burninator

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

Using the EULA/TOS to justify the change would be pretty low in anyone’s standard.

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

ok here i’m hoping they will only re-skin the armor, they will keep the mesh and put some new “art” over it

I really hope I can laugh at all those whinners when the “re-design” is actually just a re-skin of the same 3D model

Sabyne.6329

How are they gonna do all that btw, I’m curious? Anyone familiar with it?
If I’m not pleased with the new set and they refund gems, how can they be sure I don’t keep the new skin anyway? Will they erase the item? Will they ask that I use trans splitters and then erase the skin? Will they provide these trans splitters? Will they give me transmutation stone to recreate the old skin I had? Will they give me back the previous skin I had prior to the flamekiss?
What a mess really. It was the first time I bought a skin set with gems, I wonder if I’ll ever do it again. ^^’

Leo Paul.1659

The only thing they can do right now is try to make the new flamekissed skin as awesome as possible so people won’t ask for a refund. :/

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’d be a good idea to identify issues here and attempt to resolve these in a way that satisfies everyone. For anyone not up to date on the current course of action, it is below.

Here are the issues that I see:

• Flamekissed looks like a clone of Human T3 Cultural, so it’s like a cultural armor is available for all races
  • Flamekissed is half the price of Human T3 Cultural armor, this may resolve itself as inflation continues for the Gemstore/Gold exchange
  • Flamekissed as it exists was purchased by numerous players, it is clearly liked as is. Potential solution could be to offer another way to obtain the skin.
  • People have already converted Gold > Gems to obtain Flamekissed, meaning even a refund in equal gems would be a net less for them. Potential solution could be to identify those people and refund more gems than 800 to them.
  • People have already reskinned other rare armor skin/stat combination items, potentially leading to a loss of time or gold.
  • People have already re-runed reskinned armor to fit the new theme of their character, potentially leading to a further loss of time or gold

What kind of solutions can we think up, and what other issues are there that exist?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)