[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

not so obvious to me. why couldn’t they give an option like my proposed solution? seems like a great way for them to avoid a lot of customer support refunds and also satisfy the community in the best and fairest way possible.

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

It has been addressed only a thousand times in copious other threads that you could have easily found that your proposed idea is:

A) Not going to happen.
B) A bad idea.
C) Not going to happen.

Allowing the select few who got the armor before it was removed to keep the look would give those accounts an amount of value to having this skin, and allowing the skin to remain in the game would mean there was no point to Anet admitting it was a mistake to making the set be a reskin of an exclusive prestige racial skin and thus changing it in the first place.

TLDR: It’s not going to happen, just hope you like the skin they make and if not you get your gems back.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I have a better solution why dont they just take the flamekiss people have and make it so only humans can use it… problem solved. Meet in the middle solution so that everyone can be unhappy but no one is super upset.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

It’s not at all a fair solution.

VampyreJack.9183

@ Yunielesca then one should have jumped on buying the flamekissed skin (if they liked the original design – as i did) sooner when it came out.

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

I agree with the OP.

My sylvari is gorgeous! Other players told me my main was ‘beautiful’. She has max glow, celestial dye, with touches of midnight ice.

I want to be given the choice to keep my armor. That’s all I want.

VampyreJack.9183

well, if they don’t go for the solution, i very much hope/expect as a paying customer (i buy gems with cash for the most part), to receive my 1600 gems and the gold i spent on the dyes just for this toon created to compliment the skin i bought IF i do not like their new design. that’s all i’m saying if they don’t go for my idea.

VampyreJack.9183

I agree with the OP.

My sylvari is gorgeous! Other players told me my main was ‘beautiful’. She has max glow, celestial dye, with touches of midnight ice.

Definitely! i even have orange glow on my sylvari’s skin to compliment the rest of the flame skin, and love how the armor looks on him, hence my forking out so much gold and gems.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Wait is it true that when the new flamekissed armor is released, it will be cheaper?! How is that fair to those who bought it earlier? O_O (just read it somewhere here, too lazy to skim back and quote).

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

angelpaladin.7921

I just created an opinion poll thread but it was merged. I thought it would be nice to see what ppl would like to happen next with this set and its skin. I also thought that it would make things easier for them to have a single thread that was only a poll so they could get peoples opinions without reading all the discussions but obviously not lol. I might as well continue it here as they merged it to here. : )

Copy/Paste/Edit the options with your replies. : )
(feel free to add new options ofc)

[ ] Change the skin and refund those that don’t like it.
[ ] Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new.
[ ] Change the skin but let ppl how used it on human T3 to keep old one.
[x] Keep the skin and change the other two sets to T3 skins.
[ ] Make three new sets making three T3 sets and three normal.

Personally, I don’t care what they do as long as I get to keep the existing skin. Unlikely I know : (

You should add a little comment about your opinion or something along with the options. I was just PMed by a mod saying that opinion polls are not allowed on this forum. So, just to be clear, Copy/Paste/Edit the options with your reply, not just as a reply on its own. : ) (I hope that covers my back, lol)

I am not a mod but I would assume trying to circumvent the rules would end with a ban instead of just a infraction.

VampyreJack.9183

Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new would be my vote. makes complete sense.

angelpaladin.7921

Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new would be my vote. makes complete sense.

how does that even remotely make since? That’s the case and you want to be allowed to keep the skin that it should be only useable on human characters just like the original version of that skin.

Posted by: Grebcol.5984

Grebcol.5984

can anybody tell me why there is no whine from all people who plays a medium or heavy class? We have earned a low bob karma & wvwvw skin compare to a t3 and perhaps amazing light reskin?what is this for a decision? this is also not really fair in my eyes.
Medium earn again a kittening trenchcoat and what for a ugly one

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

I am not a mod but I would assume trying to circumvent the rules would end with a ban instead of just a infraction.

I wasn’t trying to circumvent the rules, i didn’t even know that it wasn’t allowed. Also, I only continued my topic here because the mod suggest I should, in a way that encouraged discussion and debate ofc. : )

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

Here’s another idea….give people a choice …they can take the replacement at the 800 gem price. OR To calm the people who are upset that the tier 3 was so expensive charge more for the original flamekissed armor to those of us who want to keep their original armor…if that’s what it takes to be able to keep it, I’ll pay it.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

Just change the skins for new purchases, and allow those who have purchased keep them. There aren’t that many that have purchased the skin that are not human.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I think many of us would like to hear an official answer for this, but since there are 30+ pages without an answer to this particular question, I thought I would post a separate thread to ask this:

What will happen to any armour that has already had their flamekissed skins applied to them? If the redesign is something said person does not like and requests a refund, how will they get their armour back to their previous skin? Or will the already skinned armour simply be changed to the new design, and said person will just get a refund of gems and possibly some transmutation crystals/splitters as compensation? How will it work exactly?

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

VampyreJack.9183

i love how my created thread was merged into this one, so that now it will fade into obscurity, and likely unseen by the devs i had hoped would see it. Ah well…sigh.

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Well, Zaoda… That’s the thing. We don’t know.
I’m willing to bet that they don’t know yet either, and are looking at possible solutions to the problem.
Also, it’s Thanksgiving. If Anet Customer Service is here in the United States, (I honestly don’t know if it is or not) it is very well possible that they are at home for the holiday and things are running with a minimal, skeleton crew.
In this case, for this particular question, I’d say patience is in order. We’ll find out soon enough.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Leo Paul.1659

No one is kittening that the skin was removed from the gem shop, 99% of the people that have posted are fine with it. It was Anets mistake to release the skin in the first place. The issue most people have now is a feeling of being betrayed by anet afterwards due to a few things:

1. Anet gave us a bullkitten excuse for why the skin is being completely changed. Its evident the uproar from the community was not unanimous, and the claim that no one in anet noticed how similar it was to a cultural armor set until after it was released is absurd. You would have to be blind not to see it

2. Anet is not properly compensating those who have the skin already. 800 gems back means we technically get a free armor skin, that’s great but everyone that bought the skin WANTED that skin, or they wouldn’t have bought it. You change the skin, the same people may not want it, and wouldn’t have spent the money on it to begin with.

3. Anet has stated the new skin will be at a discounted price once its out. So instead of getting a free 800gem skin with the return they are offering, we now have a 700? 600?500? gem skin. Due to conversions in prices, we would be getting back the same amount of gold that others would be spending for gems to buy this new skin if it ranged in the 600-500 range and people just lost real life money (like 2$ maybe but im still pointing it out)

4. Those that don’t like the new skin will have to reskin and redo their toons (if they did a makeover kit) to get back what was lost. Some, who even replaced gem store gear, will have to rebuy sets. For those considering transmutation splitters, that’s even more expensive and Anet has not offered to give us the stones needed. ( Even then in some cases it wont recover the skins lost) We just lost more gold/money.

-snip-

Is this true? Reduced price for the reskinned Flamekissed for everyone else?!

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Ah ok thanks for that :-P I didn’t know it was thanksgiving over there so I will be patient

If I end up not liking the redesign, I personally don’t mind what my already skinned armour would be reverted to in terms of looks (I applied some flamekissed skins over some phoenix pieces that I no longer wanted anyway) because it’s more the stats (and runes) that I care about – they’re exotic, but don’t want them to go back to the original because I’ve reskinned them so many times I don’t know what the original pieces are in terms of stats XD

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

Posted by: Mortalis.4312

Mortalis.4312

To start lets quote Regina Buenaobra in a post about the skin "Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.

Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.
We will do a few things to address this issue.
We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.
Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.
Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set."

All 3 skins are ripoffs of some other skin lets look at them all

Well the light was a T3 look alike. Best looking of them all and most worth it with the gem to gold conversion.

The heavy is just the Karma Pit Fighter, Karma gear for crying out loud. Cheap and ugly, fresh paint on a rusted surface.

The medium is a standard Mistwalker, worst of them all a standard set. Cheap ugly and craft able
So to sum it all up the Light looked like T3 but with that it was a good deal for 800 gems. The others a just a plane rip off of a low class cheap and ugly gear. Anet should really pull the other 2 skins as well and make 3 brand new beautiful skins that make all T3 armors look like rags.

I personally loved the T3 looking armor and got gems to get it and then they pulled it, so so sad. All the people that cried over the gold they spent on the T3, to bad for them. I didn’t get my 50 laurels back for gear that I got just for karma farming the liquid karma when those changes were made. That’s 50 days worth of playing, you can get 20G a day with the right farm. That’s 1000G in that 50 days 10 sets of T3 gear.

On a side note Anet really really needs to work on the application of armors on Charr characters. In my opinion there are only 2 skins that look good on them and one other that’s ok.

In the end the Cultural and Orders should be accessible to all regardless of race and Order affiliation. My reasoning for this is that in the end they all come together to fight as one. Now I guess you could make it so that you needed an 80 with story completion to access the tiered armor sets and completed each Order story line to access their armors.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

All we know is that “any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.” ( https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Flamekissed-Armor-Skin/first#post3275229 ) so I’m guessing they haven’t completely defined how they’re going to do that, and that when the time comes support will handle it on an one on one basis like they did with the refunds for the unlimited gathering tools, hopefully taking into account previous skins you had.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

Or will the already skinned armour simply be changed to the new design, and said person will just get a refund of gems and possibly some transmutation crystals/splitters as compensation?

I’m hoping this is the case. This seems to be the most logical way to do it.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

i dont want a replaced armor skin i bought this skin becouse i like this skin and now arenanet want change what has sold me! ITS SIMPLE new skin for new buyers and to us thats had bought dont CHANGE NOTHING! simple, right and fair.

Mortalis.4312

To start lets quote Regina Buenaobra in a post about the skin “Hey, everyone. We’ve been reading all your feedback about the Flamekissed Armor Skin that was released into the Gem Store yesterday.
Although the Flamekissed Armor uses the same mesh as the Tier 3 Human Cultural Armor, it was not our intention to create an armor skin that so closely matched the existing Tier 3 Human Cultural armor set. The intention was to use the mesh as a basis for creating an armor set that stands apart and is distinct in appearance. However, after reading your feedback, we agree that the Flamekissed armor is not visually distinct enough from Human Cultural Tier 3 armor.
We will do a few things to address this issue.
We will temporarily remove Flamekissed Armor Skin from the Gem Store.
Players who have purchased Flamekissed Armor Skin will keep the skin.
We will make new art for the Flamekissed Armor Skin that achieves our goal of making a visually distinct and attractive armor set and does not closely resemble the Human Tier 3 Cultural armor.
Once this new artwork is completed, we will then update the Flamekissed Armor Skin so that all existing sets that players have purchased get the new art. We will also offer the Flamekissed Armor Skin for sale again at that time.
When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.
Note that there is no ETA on when this change will happen. We need to work with the Character Art Team to determine when we can have a new armor skin ready, and this could take some time.
Thank you everyone for providing your feedback. We appreciate that you took the time to let us know how you feel about the new armor set.”
All 3 skins are ripoffs of some other skin lets look at them all
Well the light was a T3 look alike. Best looking of them all and most worth it with the gem to gold conversion.
The heavy is just the Karma Pit Fighter, Karma gear for crying out loud. Cheap and ugly, fresh paint on a rusted surface.
The medium is a standard Mistwalker, worst of them all a standard set. Cheap ugly and craft able
So to sum it all up the Light looked like T3 but with that it was a good deal for 800 gems. The others a just a plane rip off of a low class cheap and ugly gear. Anet should really pull the other 2 skins as well and make 3 brand new beautiful skins that make all T3 armors look like rags.
I personally loved the T3 looking armor and got gems to get it and then they pulled it, so so sad. All the people that cried over the gold they spent on the T3, to bad for them. I didn’t get my 50 laurels back for gear that I got just for karma farming the liquid karma when those changes were made. That’s 50 days worth of playing, you can get 20G a day with the right farm. That’s 1000G in that 50 days 10 sets of T3 gear.
On a side note Anet really really needs to work on the application of armors on Charr characters. In my opinion there are only 2 skins that look good on them and one other that’s ok.
In the end the Cultural and Orders should be accessible to all regardless of race and Order affiliation. My reasoning for this is that in the end they all come together to fight as one. Now I guess you could make it so that you needed an 80 with story completion to access the tiered armor sets and completed each Order story line to access their armors.

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

Stop creating multiple threads on the same topic.

I really hope they start perma banning those spamming the forums about this topic.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

So many people with their own opinion of what is and who is right and wrong, isn’t the human race wonderful:)

MrSilver.5269

i dont want a replaced armor skin i bought this skin becouse i like this skin and now arenanet want change what has sold me! ITS SIMPLE new skin for new buyers and to us thats had bought dont CHANGE NOTHING! simple, right and fair.

+1

Bait and switch ain’t cool, or fair.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

I agree with the OP.

that defeats the point…..

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

kinda off topic sorry but is this the longest thread in form history?

No, that would be the ascended topic from November 2012.

Copy/Paste/Edit the options with your replies. : )
(feel free to add new options ofc)

First, polls are not allowed on this forum, do not try to circumvent it, you might get whole thread locked.
Second, there are only 2 valid options here:
1. remove armor from the game, replace it with some new reskin (preferably with the same style and art quality, to cause as few protests as possible).
2. Add reskins of all other cultural armor to the shop.

Even before Anet chose their option you could tell which one will be more likely to happen. Unfortunately, because i’d really like them to go with option 2.

not so obvious to me. why couldn’t they give an option like my proposed solution? seems like a great way for them to avoid a lot of customer support refunds and also satisfy the community in the best and fairest way possible.

Ha ha ha. the only people that this option would satisfy would be those that bought the armor. Those that insist on cultural being exclusive for their races would consider this a breach of a rule they like (and a very dangerous precedent) and would continue to ask for that armor’s removal. People that think that cultural armor should not be restricted would also use this as a precedent, and say that the original flamekissed should be returned to the gemshop, and would ask for even more cultural reskins in the future.
That would be neither satisfying, nor fair for the community at all.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Brit.9726

Brit.9726

Seeing as they’re merging these threads, I’ll suggest it again – for the new look, please at least for Sylvari’s could you do a similar skin-revealing armour skin when you update it, to either just show or compliment our glow (by compliment, I mainly mean let us have the ability to change the flame glow). Like I said, currently the T3 skin show alot of my character’s glow and it does look awesome at Night, so something like that would be awesome.

*EDIT: I would buy Cultural Sylvari for what I’m suggesting, but I, funnily enough, don’t like ‘plant’ armour xD

Chrono B R I T – Mesmer
Furious Cookies [FURY]http://www.furious-gamers.org/
Desolation EU

Mortalis.4312

Its not really the same. It is more comprehensive

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

for my poll response, where is the option for
[x] put Flamekiss back on the market, make more T3 variants.
This way those that bought it get to keep it. Those that want it get to buy it. Those that whine can kitten it.

Variants are good, it’s called choice. Especially if they have data that show’s which armors are the most frequently used and make variants of it. This wasn’t lazy, bad form, or whatever other complaints being given. It’s simply giving us a choice!

To the image mafia, whom think they have a right to tell others how to look, you don’t! I’ll look as I darn well want. If I want to walk around without armor, I will indeed do that too. I think every free spirited player should do that for a day to send a message.

For this cultural armor discussion, Tyria is a global civilization. We’re all traveling and seeing the world as we play. Like in the real world, it’s highly probable we’d buy clothing along they way. Hence, buying clothing from any city is completely within the scope of the game. More so, I would say it’s not just probable but, that it should be expected! Whom doesn’t come home with a T-shirt from Hawaii, New York City, or even a place like Disney Land? Did you get asked for proof of residence? Did they deny you and say they only sell to locals? Kitten NO! A shop owner or vendor will sell to whomever wants a product as it’s just clothing.Thus, cultural armors should have always been available to anyone with the gold. It’s just that the fashion sense stems from that culture, no more, no less.

To take it to another level, if you finished story mode, did you not just save Tyria from the Dragons? Do you really think, after saving the world and all, anyone wouldn’t offer you some kitten clothing from their city as a token of appreciation? Also, as an attempt to get you to pimp there city?

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

(edited by DeWolfe.2174)

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

If you bought a dress from a store – it’s now yours. The store owner CANNOT take it back from you simply because a bunch of customers don’t like what you purchased.

This move by ANet is illegal and unethical.

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

If you bought a dress from a store – it’s now yours. The store owner CANNOT take it back from you simply because a bunch of customers don’t like what you purchased.

Unethical perhaps. Illegal, absolutely not.
If a product is proven to be flawed in some way, a store can issue a recall for a refund or replacement. That is on par with what ANet is doing.

I don’t like it, I love the skin on my Asura (dare say it looks better on her than it does on any human I’ve seen), and I would absolutely love it if the heavy were a reskin of the Asura T3 heavy, as I’d like to have that on my human Warrior.

I honestly find the complaints about it being “Cultural armour” and therefore should be “race locked” to be a silly idea. That T3 set in no way symbolises Human culture in Tyria, unless there are really that many ladies who want to show that much skin.
The only races that have truly culture-linked gear are Asura and Norn, from what I’ve seen, and I would have no problem (as primarily an Asura player) seeing humans or Charr running about in Asura cultural armour, if it looks good on them.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

You guys have a valid reason to be upset, but unfortunately this is a “deal with it” case.

They can’t please everyone with this, the current plan has the least amount of people negatively affected and you (“you” as people who bought gems for the sole reason of buying this set and had no plans to use gems on anything else ever in the future, and also happen to not like the skin replacement) are a minority.

This is definitely not a “deal with it case.” They can’t please everyone, but they can definitely please the people you are referring to. The only thing preventing ArenaNet from giving these people money instead of gems is ArenaNet’s own policy, which they can easily make an exception to.

These people shouldn’t be treated unfairly because they are a minority.

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

After reading these threads all evening, here is the problem as I see it. The problem in the first place was that people were upset that this light set was too close to the human t3 cultural light set. A solution to this would have been/to be create two more t3 equivelant sets (as its pretty unfair to remove an armour set from the game that people have already seen or bought). There would then be a t3 equivelant set for each armour class. The cost of these sets would then have to be increased to closer repersent the cost of the cultural t3 sets as people would be/are quite upset that it is possible to aquire a set of armour that looks of equal quality to cultural t3 but at less than half the cost. A new lesser quality light armour set will still need to be created to match the two existing medium and heave sets we have already.

People that have already bought the new light set would be refunded their 800 gems. They could then either buy the new replacement skin that will be released or spend a bit more and get the t3 lookalike one. Ofcorse, there will be people who will be upset that the set they got for 800 gems now costs more but at least we’ll still have it in the game. Unfortunatly, there is just no way this whole issue can be sorted in such a way that everyone will be happy.

BTW. I bought the new set and used it on my old human t3 set and will be very upset if we lose it because it will have cost me my old human t3 cultural set and the cost of the gems. I know i’ll get them back but I simply wouldn’t have bought the gems for any other skin in the game. I know there will be people left upset at the end of all this no matter what happens and Im likely to be one of them but I just hope that we get to keep the existing skin in some form.

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

(edited by Titan Cronus.9216)

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

My question is simple: Why we that’s don’t did nothing wrong (who had bought new skin) needs be punished per one mess that’s company did ? this new solution will punish just customer.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Unethical perhaps. Illegal, absolutely not.
If a product is proven to be flawed in some way, a store can issue a recall for a refund or replacement. That is on par with what ANet is doing.

No it isn’t. They didn’t remove this or change it because it is flawed, they removed it because some people didn’t like it and changing it would appease them at the expense of someone else. This isn’t a recall of a defective product at all. The product is perfectly functional.

This isn’t a refund either. They are taking something people bought and want to keep from them, against their will.

What ArenaNet is doing to the people that purchased the item is unethical and immoral, and the complete opposite of a safety recall on a defective product or giving a refund to a dissatisfied customer that asks for one voluntarily without duress.

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

I believe what should happen is a cash refund + a gem refund. If the people do not like the new skin they can refund it for even more gems. That’s 1600 gems if you don’t like it and the cash back. Because it was unfair to people that bought it. Same as the people who rolled human and didn’t just get their armor by buying a few gems with a credit card.

Whoever released this showed me that Anet has no communication or accountability with their employees. Who in their right mind would let this get sold after Anet banned people who exploited racial armor on other races before and said they wouldn’t do anything like this? That person should be fired.They’ve caused so much problems that it is simply annoying.

MrSilver.5269

BTW. I bought the new set and used it on my old human t3 set and will be very upset if we lose it because it will have cost me my old human t3 cultural set and the cost of the gems. I know i’ll get them back but I simply wouldn’t have bought the gems for any other skin in the game. I know there will be people left upset at the end of all this no matter what happens and Im likely to be one of them but I just hope that we get to keep the existing skin in some form.

We don’t know that we will get the t3 skin back.

I too overwrote a t3 human set. Not happy about this decision.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

Thank you, ANet! I don’t have a light human character and I did buy the armor for my norn ele, but I think this was absolutely the right move. If I don’t like the new design I can request a refund. Fair enough, so long as I can keep the exotics they’re on! I’d still love to hear what the rough plan is for armor in the year or so ahead, but the way you dealt with this issue <3 thank you. It’s nice when someone owns up to their mistake and fixes it for all parties.

eta: I am super disappointed to lose that awesome headpiece, but this option seems much more fair to the playerbase at large. So I’ll live somehow. My personal hope would be a modification of the Winged Armor <3

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

(edited by kimeekat.2548)

Posted by: Freedom.2568

Freedom.2568

[ ] Change the skin and refund those that don’t like it.
[X] Change the skin but let ppl choose old or new.
[X] Change the skin but let ppl how used it on human T3 to keep old one.
[ ] Keep the skin and change the other two sets to T3 skins.
[ ] Make three new sets making three T3 sets and three normal.

Any of those two. I lost almost the 100 gold I spend on the normal cultural T3 and I don’t want it to lost because of the new skin. Let me keep the current gem store skin or give the old T3 cultural. Isn’t fair to lost my money (the real and virtual one) because of these change

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

The other issue for people that bought the original skin and may not like the revamp is gold spent around the original design as well. Some people bought dyes just to go with the skin. Some people bought second sets of armor just to put the new skin on so they could change looks but keep their build. Imagine if someone had an armor set with traveler’s runes and bought a second set with traveler’s runes just to put the new skin on. If they don’t like the revamp sure they get the gems back but they are out the gold they spent for the armor they used it on plus the cost of the runes ~60 gold. Sure they could salvage the set and get the runes back to resell and hope they can sell the runes for what they paid for them. There are many combinations of this where people that bought the original set spent additional gold based on it and will be out of luck. I suppose support could dig through and try to refund gold and such too but I imagine that would be a total nightmare and probably won’t happen.

My case isn’t as bad. I had a sun catcher skin that I soul bound to a back piece to go with the set. If I don’t like the new set I’ll be stuck with a soul bound sun catcher I probably would not have used. I’ll have to eat a transmute stone and buy another back piece to account bind it but I’ll have lost the option to sell the skin later on as I may have done at some point had I not chosen to use it with the armor skin I purchased.

Anyway, I think it will be a while before we see how this totally pans out. It’s too bad because in the end there are going to be a lot of people that get burned no matter how it works out. Of course the new revamp might just be mind blowing and everyone will like it. We will see I guess.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

angelpaladin.7921

I AM NOT A LAWYER and I did not stay at a holiday inn last night

When you signed up for your account and every single time you login you agree to anets TOS which states the following

" License Grant — Any Service, Content or Software supplied by NCSOFT is licensed, not sold, by NCSOFT. All title and rights not expressly granted in this agreement, including but not limited to any IP right and the display thereof, are retained by NCSOFT and/or third-parties under agreement with NCSOFT. NCSOFT hereby grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, license for personal and non-commercial use of Service, Content and Software that is non-transferable except as permitted under Section 9©. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY SUCH LICENSE TERMINATES IMMEDIATELY IF YOU BREACH, VIOLATE, OR OTHERWISE FAIL TO COMPLY WITH EACH AND EVERY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE HAD TO NOTICE OF TERMINATION FROM NCSOFT. IN THE EVENT OF TERMINATION OF ANY SUCH LICENSE NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, ALL RELATED CONTENT, AND ANY CHARACTER ID. "

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

Legally they can do anything they want at any time with out any reason.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Legally they can do anything they want at any time with out any reason.

EULA are not necessarily legally binding. I agree with you for the most part otherwise.

VampyreJack.9183

Thank you, ANet! I don’t have a light human character and I did buy the armor for my norn ele, but I think this was absolutely the right move. If I don’t like the new design I can request a refund. Fair enough, so long as I can keep the exotics they’re on! I’d still love to hear what the rough plan is for armor in the year or so ahead, but the way you dealt with this issue <3 thank you. It’s nice when someone owns up to their mistake and fixes it for all parties.

This does NOT fix it for all parties whatsoever. I want to keep what i paid for with real money. I paid for exactly what i wanted. You wouldn’t want to buy a sexy bikini that turned into possibly a one-piece for grannies after you bought it would you? Same concept. There are those of us who want to keep what we paid for. whatever they do moving forward is up to them, but don’t mess with people who specifically paid for what they did. in my case, a refund alone wouldn’t even make up for it if i end up disliking their new skin. I ONLY created and bought another character slot (9th one) to compliment this Specific new flamekissed skin. Now i’m afraid to even play him more for fear of them taking away the specific look i paid real cash for. for me, it’s all about what my toons look like. And i’ve spent over $160 easily on the gem store so far. i’d hope the money i’ve put into this game would make me a valued customer.

for the record, here’s a snippet of my original post:
I spent 1600 gems, and 28 gold with the release of this flamekissed armor. I spent 800 for the armor skin, and because of how i forsaw this armor skin looking on a sylvari, i spent another 800 gems on a new character slot (my 9th character). i spent the 28 gold on two different rare Midnight dyes (Fire and Ice). If they redo the skin into something i personally hate (having a background and career in art, character appearances are the most important thing to me in this game), i will be furious with just the simple refund of 800 gems. If i hate it, i would definitely want the full 1600 gems and 28 gold back (i’d eat the time i spent playing the toon and leveling with just minor dissatisfaction). I only created this character and spent all those gems and gold SOLEY because of the way i enjoyed the appearance of the flamekissed skin on a Sylvari.

Leo Paul.1659

I really hope they are more considerate when it comes to customer support tickets after they release the redesigned flamekissed skin.

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

Wait is it true that when the new flamekissed armor is released, it will be cheaper?! How is that fair to those who bought it earlier? O_O (just read it somewhere here, too lazy to skim back and quote).

Fair? How about those who bought gems with cash when the rate was less than 1 gold? Do you think the change now is fair for them?