[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

and why on earth would other races than humans even consider transmuting this gem store skin to their cultural??? why? its beyond me. and humans too, you could have transmuted it on a new exotic and have both skins. just too stupid. both of them are bought only for their skin and not stats.

That is not really relevant. Not everyone wants to carry around multiple sets of gear. Some are certain they will have no regrets replacing an existing skin. Some might have wanted to re-use the runes.

As an example, I am already running around with 3 sets for PvE, 1 for WvW and a PTV set. Had I used the Flamekissed skin, odds are I would have chosen to overwrite one of my existing skins like many others did.

Whatever the reason was, it does not make them stupid. They did not regret the choice of the Flamekissed. The only reason it became a problem, was the skin being available in the gem store, only to be removed and change into…. Well hope for the best I guess.

(edited by Reesha.7901)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

you could have transmuted it on a new exotic

Wich profession would the flamekiss suits more?
I’ll tell you: elementlaist.

Wich is a popular choice for elementalist armor?
CELESTIAL!
how long does it takes to craft 1?

30 days and the mats are skyrocketing.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: MrSilver.5269

MrSilver.5269

This would be the legal issue. IE the company changed its existing TOS without notifying the population they had done so. You’ll notice whenever a company (say Facebook) changes their TOS, they have to notify you and you have to click on something which says you accept the new terms of the agreement. If you don’t accept the new terms, of course, your account terminates.

If this company quietly updated their TOS to remove the rights their players previously had and did not notify them, thereby allowing them to agree to the new terms of service, then yes, they did something illegal. The new terms wouldn’t be sustainable because the users wouldn’t have agreed to their half of the contract.

Arena net has not done that. They removed an item from their gem store. That’s vastly different from removing terms from their legal documentation without notification.

Agreed, but an argument could be made that the TOS is a contract of adhesion, which is a contract that is considered to be so imbalanced in favor of one party over the other that there is a strong implication it was not freely bargained.

But I’m trying, Ringo. I’m trying real hard to be the shepherd.

LordByron.8369

This would be the legal issue. IE the company changed its existing TOS without notifying the population they had done so. You’ll notice whenever a company (say Facebook) changes their TOS, they have to notify you and you have to click on something which says you accept the new terms of the agreement. If you don’t accept the new terms, of course, your account terminates.

If this company quietly updated their TOS to remove the rights their players previously had and did not notify them, thereby allowing them to agree to the new terms of service, then yes, they did something illegal. The new terms wouldn’t be sustainable because the users wouldn’t have agreed to their half of the contract.

Arena net has not done that. They removed an item from their gem store. That’s vastly different from removing terms from their legal documentation without notification.

Agreed, but an argument could be made that the TOS is a contract of adhesion, which is a contract that is considered to be so imbalanced in favor of one party over the other that there is a strong implication it was not freely bargained.

exact reason why TOS have no value in my state.
lso because they don t really expect people to read it as its proven almost nobody does…

Theycould write that agreeing the tos anet get the exclusive property of your house and car….and lot of people would “agree”.

There were many faud perpetuated with TOS in the past… obviously people trying the fraud were deemed wrong

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Why can’t those that paid money for this skin remember something : we all paid money for the game. The game had some features, like a human exclusive T3. They take this feature and destroy it, why is this different than what is happening to you all?.

why can t you understand:

you lost exclusivity (something non existent) the changed it so
We are losing Gems and gold….(old skin + trasmutation and trust me almost everyone who bougth reskinned a alreasdy skinned armor)

We didn t do anything wrong…

Why the solution should damage us more than the initial damage to you?
Shouldn t be fair a solution in between?

We don t deserve to lose ANYTHING since we did nothing wrong…..

And who said you are going to lose a thing EXECPT the look of the skin?
Where is it posted? Where is this mythical post by the devs that says this?
Your jumping to conclusions and making a huge fuss before even knowing what the devs are planning to do.

Anet is yet to post anything concrete on what will happen in the event of us not liking the “new” skin and wanting a refund. All that has been apparently said (earlier in this thread, someone mentioned this from support) is that people who transmuted over Human T3 will have to REBUY the piece of T3 to get their old skin back. Whether you take that as true, or as potentially falsified (wouldn’t surprise me either way) is up to you. But it’s enough to make people concerned.

The actually have said more.

“Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made”

Seems like a reasonable answer and request, but many here are just unreasonable.

You know, in looking at all the situations with players and their different needs, I really believe the best course here is to wait for the introduction of the replacement armor set. From what I’ve been told, it’s going to be really nice. Please keep in mind we’ve already made it clear that Customer Support will try to resolve the individual concerns that you may have once the armor change is made. Each of you may have slightly different situations. But since the armor is not out now, and because we will be happy to address your concern after you’ve had time to appraise the new set, doesn’t it make sense to wait and see?

Posted by: Hrist Hardottir.1964

Hrist Hardottir.1964

Arenanet, you can fix this mistake by upgrading the three armors to T3
In the future you can make more T3 of the other races.

One way or another, you always disappoint us…

Wotan mit uns.

LordByron.8369

No its not a reasonable answer

its like saying “for now we suggest this awful solution” in a distant future we could or could not find one suiting your situation….

WE need a better OFFICIAL solution now.

Would you play this game if they told you “oh we could delete randomly some of your stuff”
For ex we could delete your twilight and give you a sunrise….or a minstrel

I guess not.

GW2 balance:

MrSilver.5269

exact reason why TOS have no value in my state.
lso because nobody really expect people to read it as its proven almost nobody does…

Which is why I think the Devs should just take a step back and reconsider their decision before they revoke the existing skin from individuals that purchased gems to acquire the item.

At the very least speak to their legal team before making their final decision. I always say, err on the side of caution.

LordByron.8369

Note the fact i say TOS has 0 value doesn t mean that informations contained in it have not.

I think its better to consider this incident from an ETHIC and costructive point….

I just hate to read people saying “they can delete your account with no reason because you clicked i agree in the tos”

That is plain disinformation

Our problem is that nobody is really trying to find a solution.
If we try ANTI flamekiss people mixed with random trolls comes with a total non costructive posts…..

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

No its not a reasonable answer

its like saying “for now we suggest this awful solution” in a distant future we could or could not find one suiting your situation….

WE need a better OFFICIAL solution now.

Would you play this game if they told you “oh we could delete randomly some of your stuff”
For ex we could delete your twilight and give you a sunrise….or a minstrel

I guess not.

Ermm…technically they already could do that and everyone playing is still playing.

Also they aren’t deleting “your stuff” they’re changing the skin, you know like they’ve dozen half a dozen times legendaries (I miss my purple projectile Predator without the foot falls and stupid aura) and twice now to my sylvari cultural gear…..

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. Anet screwed up.
2. People complained.
3. Anet came up with a solution that half the people like and half the people don’t.
4. Nobody’s lost anything yet.

Can we move on now?

Level 80 Elementalist

LordByron.8369

stop repeating again false informations..

They never said they can give back exactly what we had…..and what we heard from support says they won t.

1. Anet screwed up.
2. People complained.
3. Anet came up with a solution that half the people like and half the people don’t.
4. Nobody’s lost anything yet.

Can we move on now?

No we can t

half people are losing a lot….
You don t understand what….WHY are you here?

GW2 balance:

Posted by: Gaia Orunitia.5794

Gaia Orunitia.5794

Just a little question : considering the excuse “We didn’t noticed the flame light armor was the same as the cultural armor” (you seriously think we’ll believe that ?), why the mid and heavy armor are still there ? IMO the problem is the same…

(edited by Gaia Orunitia.5794)

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Imagene how less painfull it all would have been, if Transmutation Crystals simply transformed an armor into a skin, that after transmutation could be re-used at any time.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Well, to be perfectly honest due to this event, and having my stuff ripped from me, T3 already lost its prestige. Anyone I see using it would probably just put a bad taste in my mouth and I’d correlate that armor set with being greedy/snobby. :/ So, just saying, congrats preserving the prestige of it by throwing a tantrum and short-windowing other players fun, that set is now the mark of greed. (FYI I play human, it was never that big of a deal.)

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

stop repeating again false informations..

They never said they can give back exactly what we had…..and what we heard from support says they won t.

You didn’t hear it from support, you heard it from a random poster who may be a troll, there’s no validity or fact checking on their post, it’s not from an official source.

New fotm are skins ….
I lose the 10 i used on weapons
I lose the 6 from the reskinning my celestial armor
I lose the old skin
I lose 50 useless fotm weapons without stats
I lose my frctal levels on all my alts

All in a single patch….

To be honest though, I don’t think you’ll ever be happy, you appear to want them to retroactively change rewards you may have earnt a year ago (50 fotm weapons) and replace trans stones for weapons that aren’t related to the armor skin. Whatever weapons you transmuted is on you, it’s not related to the armor, you didn’t lose them. You make assumptions about the old skin on your gear with no official confirmation one way or the other about it. You want replacement trans stones used on the celestial gear that you used to get the old skin on to them (since it can’t be for the new skin since they don’t require trans stone to apply), etc

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

LordByron.8369

EDIT:

I’d really like to know why am cyclically explaining this stuff to people that seems to want other player damaged…

YOU had your complaint… your issues have been solved at ohter players cost….
Some of you even opened threads thanking anet proving you don t care of equity…
What’s your point now? to have us damaged?

Thing is easy…current solution as many said damages people who bought the skin in some way….

We need a fast answer for them since leaving us waiting months with the doubt is totally wrong.

If this solution will damage you anyway you should complain then.

GW2 balance:

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

Its simple to fix this CHANGE HUMAN T3 SKIN to the new skin that’s they will doing, this fix this mess, we that’s bought removed skin will get what we bought and put end of this discord.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I don’t want the new skin, I want to keep my cultural T3 I bought one year ago already :o

(well not me but I’m sure plenty would be saying that).

The solution is simple. Simple but it won’t please everybody because it’s not possible. You got group A that say : “we don’t want that armor skin in the game” and you got group B that says “we want to use that armor skin”.

There is NO way to please both groups. All ANet can do is please one or the other. Group A arguments (cultural armor should remain race exclusive and not available for 1/3 the price on gem shop) fits better with ANet vision for their game so they please group A and take the armor from group B. It sucks but that’s the best they can do to fix their mistake.

Now, if ANet suddenly reversed their position AGAIN, they would be clowns.

ronpierce.2760

I don’t want the new skin, I want to keep my cultural T3 I bought one year ago already :o

The solution is simple. Simple but it won’t please everybody because it’s not possible. You got group A that say : “we don’t want that armor skin in the game” and you got group B that says “we want to use that armor skin”.

There is NO way to please both groups. All ANet can do is please one or the other. Group A arguments (cultural armor should remain race exclusive and not available for 1/3 the price on gem shop) fits better with ANet vision for their game so they please group A and take the armor from group B. It sucks but that’s the best they can do to fix their mistake.

Actually favoring one side and screwing the other is not the best option. The best option would have always been finding a middle ground. Let people who bought it keep it. Rework and re-release a new set for everyone to buy. People who bought it would have been happy/relieved, people who hate it would only have to deal with a small handful of people who have it, and the only people who could really be TOO upset are the people who acted too slowly on buying it, but it would be the most globally fair.

MrSilver.5269

The best option would have always been finding a middle ground. Let people who bought it keep it. Rework and re-release a new set for everyone to buy. People who bought it would have been happy/relieved, people who hate it would only have to deal with a small handful of people who have it, and the only people who could really be TOO upset are the people who acted too slowly on buying it, but it would be the most globally fair.

EXACTLY!!!!!

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

I bought the Set and replaced my t3 human cultural set with it and personally, would love to keep the set I bought but Im trying to look at this objectively now that I have calmed down a bit. This is how I see the issue atm:

Primary issue: An armour skin was released that some ppl feel should not have been added. Does removing the armour solve the problem?

yes:

• It cheapens the Human T3 cultural armour.
  • The armour is far more desirable than the two other armours released.

No:

• The armour has already been seen and some poeple want it.
  • Some poeple have actually already bought it.

Consequent Issue: If the new armour set if kept or removed, what are the ramifications?

If kept:

• Some people with T3 human cultural armour will still be upset.
  • There will be a large discrepancy between the desirability of the light armour and other two sets as the light set is based on a T3 cultural skin.
  • To deal with the discrepancy, additional armours will likely be needed to have medium and heavy set as equally desirable and another less desirable light set to replace the existing light set.

If Removed

• People that have or want it will be upset.
  • Some people are likely to lose money or gold as they purchased new items to use with the armour set.
  • Some people may also lose out if they would not have purchased the 800 gems for the replacement armour skin had it been released in the first place.

When I look at it like that, it’s clear to me that no matter what they do, people are going to upset. They have already said that they are going to remove and replace it. They also intend to reimburse people that bought the current skin but don’t like the replacement skin with the 800 gems the set cost. Ofc, Im still hanging on to the hope that with civilised, reasonable and articulate descussion, we can change their mind. Hopefully, come up with something that upsets the minimum amount of people. : )

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

Posted by: Rednaxela.6018

Rednaxela.6018

Actually favoring one side and screwing the other is not the best option. The best option would have always been finding a middle ground. Let people who bought it keep it. Rework and re-release a new set for everyone to buy. People who bought it would have been happy/relieved, people who hate it would only have to deal with a small handful of people who have it, and the only people who could really be TOO upset are the people who acted too slowly on buying it, but it would be the most globally fair.

This is the best post of over 35 pages i have read. So please vote it up so Anet will read it!

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

They have a great problem, T3 users don’t want change skin and flamekissed users too. Its not fair with both users. In this case keep both with they skins and make a new to put on BL. simple too.

stof.9341

Except that the group “we don’t want that armor skin in the game” will NOT be pleased by that solution and so your solution is not a middle ground but one that favors group B and ignores group A.

ronpierce.2760

Except that the group “we don’t want that armor skin in the game” will NOT be pleased by that solution and so your solution is not a middle ground but one that favors group B and ignores group A.

Its a middle ground because its already not common (go into towns, not enough people had time to buy it so it’s not very common to see because of how fast they ripped it down), and it would prevent further damage to Tier 3 because tier 3 would be back to the expensive high-end stuff and people would no longer be able to skip tier 3 and just buy the fiery stuff (because its no longer obtainable). This way they also don’t hurt the trust of people purchasing which is HUGE. They can get way more heat over a “bait and switch” claim than making an armor set not “exclusive enough”, this goes beyond lore reasons, this is an ethical issue. Hence why its fair to both sides. Tier 3 can remain feeling prestigious because it’s no longer a cheaper alternative, buyers will be happy because well… they bought it, fair is fair, and again the only people who’d have enough room to be upset is people who wanted it but didn’t buy it in time.

Rednaxela.6018

So in your eyes there is no middle ground!

stof.9341

Your middle ground actually bothers more people than you think. Group A is still kitten ed off. Group B is now split into two : those that bought the skin in time and the others. Your middle ground solution results in :

- Group A : unhappy
- Group B2 : unhappy

- Group B1 : happy

So it’s worse than deciding plainly for group A or group B.

ronpierce.2760

Favoring anyone is bad, everyone being a little relieved but still a little meh is way better than the alternative:

People got their way and are happy, the PAYING people who some of which used real money get juked and thus musters uncertainty in spending money in the gem store (lowering ANets income over a poor decision), WHEN they could let “group A” still get their way, so relieve some of the damage and prevent any more in the future, while also retaining their sense of security in buying things from them in the gem store. This goes beyond in-game ethics, like I said. This has to do with their ability to be trusted an will hurt their income as a result if people feel like spending their money on ANet can be uncertain due to complaints over other in-game items. We’re talking in-game pride versus the use of real life cash.

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Absolutely this. it seems that this will yield the least amount of upset people.

Rednaxela.6018

Then you have to distinguish into 4 groups.

• Group 1: want to remove the flamekissed skin completly
  • Group 2: want to remove the flamekissed skin out of the BL, but accept the situation of the people who bought the armor already
  • Group 3: want to hold there skins
  • Group 4: want to buy the skin

stof.9341

This is getting nitpicky. If you go so far into it you need to add group 5 :

• Group 5: they don’t care at all for cultural exclusivity, they have absolutely no problems with the armor sold for gems, no matter the price, even if it’s a reskin. But they are absolutely against having an armor set sold for a very very short duration and thus becoming something extremely rare and exclusive for a lucky few who got it in time.

ronpierce.2760

It’s no doubt some people will be upset, some will be irked etc. There’s no “perfect” answer. I’m just saying what is the most fair and the best option. Buyers who bought out of good nature should absolutely not be punished, simple as that. Some people who don’t read the forums will log in one day and wonder why they got jukedwhen they were happy about their previous purchase. Some of which may even still be doing things/spending money thinking about this armor who have no idea it’s being changed.

Yes, some people will be muffed in group 1, but group 2 got their way overall, group 3 will still have their item they rightfully bought and won’t lose trust in ANet, and group 4 will be a bit muffed (but I can assure you the pain of having and losing is way worse than “what could have beens”).

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

A wise man once said, “A good compromise leaves everyone feeling cheated”. it sounds totally wrong but its actually true. In a good compromise, no-one ever gets exactly what they want or feel is fair.

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

stof.9341

It’s no doubt some people will be upset, some will be irked etc. There’s no “perfect” answer. I’m just saying what is the most fair and the best option.

Purely subjective opinion.

Buyers who bought out of good nature should absolutely not be punished, simple as that.

Which is why they get a full refund from ANet. Restoring their old skins and getting back the gems used. Who knows, maybe even you can get them to refund the cash used to buy those gems?

Rednaxela.6018

This is getting nitpicky. If you go so far into it you need to add group 5 :

• Group 5: they don’t care at all for cultural exclusivity, they have absolutely no problems with the armor sold for gems, no matter the price, even if it’s a reskin. But they are absolutely against having an armor set sold for a very very short duration and thus becoming something extremely rare and exclusive for a lucky few who got it in time.

Well everyone had the same time to buy one, even it was a short duration. Sure it would be extremely rare and exclusive but this are the Halloween weapons from last year too. So i dont see a big problem.

Posted by: ShinNakon.9085

ShinNakon.9085

I have a suggestion of a tripple win. One for those that owned t3 light, ones that bought the new skin and Anet that needs to make some gem money.

Anyone with the Human Specialty Armor achievement done should get a token related to that race you finished the achievement for. Take this token to an npc + 400 gems and get the current Flamekissed skin. This skin can be used by any race as long as its light armor.

What about the other races? Well when Anet gets a chance they should pick one armor from the other races and do the same thing. Just have to make sure that there is at least one type of armor for the different armor types (light, med and heavy). Yes I know some armor type is going to get screwed and only have one of these t3 modified skins. Same as for above this skin should be usable by any race.

As for those with The Emperors New Wardrove they should get an armor less skin. Huh I know what some of you are thinking. But this is from a book where the emperor had all these fancy clothes. In the end of the story taught he was wearing the finest threads but in fact was wearing nothing at all. So this skin should give any armor you put it on no look. Which is the equivalent of you wearing no armor but actually wearing some.

Lastly GW2 was about the five races coming together to fight the dragons. I doubt that there is time in the land of Tyria for the races to be wasting time over who can wear what when there are other matters to worry about.

ronpierce.2760

A wise man once said, “A good compromise leaves everyone feeling cheated”. it sounds totally wrong but its actually true. In a good compromise, no-one ever gets exactly what they want or feel is fair.

Actually 2 of the 4 groups would have been 100% satisfied, group 1 would have been mostly satisfied and only the people who wanted it and didn’t buy it would have really been “cheated”. Removing it all together does this:

Leaves group 1 satisfied,
Leaves group 2 happy but wasting potential compromise.
Leaves group 3 unhappy and also uncertain about purchasing from ANet anymore.
Leaves group 4 unhappy.

I venture to say my option leaves the least scar overall, and doesn’t hurt people’s purchasing trust in Anet as much.

Posted by: Facepunch.5710

Facepunch.5710

Your middle ground actually bothers more people than you think. Group A is still kitten ed off. Group B is now split into two : those that bought the skin in time and the others. Your middle ground solution results in :

- Group A : unhappy
- Group B2 : unhappy

- Group B1 : happy

So it’s worse than deciding plainly for group A or group B.

Yeah, I’m one of those who bought the armor and would love to keep it, but I think stof is right. I think that advocates of a ‘middle ground’ like this really just want to keep the armor so they’re coming up with scenarios that would allow that, and I don’t think they are fairly considering the effect that even one player wearing this armor has on the whole concept of cultural armor. It’s understandable. I want to keep it badly, but I can’t manage to convince myself that outcome is fair.

I am a human ele, I already owned T3 light cultural and I have the title The Emperor. I am not opposed to opening up cultural armor for all races, but it’s not fair to do it with one set from one race and leave the rest exclusive.

Please take your tinfoil hats off and be reasonable. ~ReginaB
This forum is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. ~DevilLordLaser

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

here’s my personal situation and experience with this situation Rednaxela and Ronpierce (and whoever else cares, for understanding how deep this can go for users):

I spent 1600 gems, and 28 gold with the release of this flamekissed armor. I spent 800 for the armor skin, and because of how i forsaw this armor skin looking on a sylvari, i spent another 800 gems on a new character slot (my 9th character). i spent the 28 gold on two different rare Midnight dyes (Fire and Ice). If they redo the skin into something i personally hate (having a background and career in art, character appearances are the most important thing to me in this game), i will be furious with just the simple refund of 800 gems. If i hate it, i would definitely want the full 1600 gems and 28 gold back (i’d eat the time i spent playing the toon and leveling with just minor dissatisfaction). I only created this character and spent all those gems and gold SOLEY because of the way i enjoyed the appearance of the flamekissed skin on a Sylvari.

Before getting the news, i had already gotten my sylvari to level 19 strictly through wvw play (so also, my ranks would be worthless at that point too, because again i only created this character because i was proud of the way he looked with the armor AS PURCHASED). It goes deeper still, i also applied Trickster’s leggings to mix-and-match with the rest of the flamekissed set, to my sylvari…so i’d also be losing PURCHASED trickster’s leggings if they change the skin; because i thought the leggings complimented the flamekissed set perfectly. You see just how much they’d have to make up for to apologize to paying customers? This is why i think Ronpierce’s and others’ (including my own in this thread) with a similar solution suggestion, should be considered.

MrSilver.5269

All I know is that I see VERY few people with the skin in game. The fairest thing to do is to allow those who purchased it to keep it, and then re-release a new skin for others to purchase.

PLEASE don’t take something away from people that purchased gems to buy, overwriting existing t3 skins in the process.

(edited by MrSilver.5269)

stof.9341

All I know is that I see VERY few people with the skin in game. The fairest thing to do is to allow those who purchased it keep it, and then re-release a new skin for others to purchase.

PLEASE don’t take something away from people that purchased gems to buy, overwriting existing t3 skins in the process.

Solution outcome :
- kittens off every player from group A that doesn’t want this set to exist
- pleases the VERY few players that got it
- kittens off every other player that wants it and didn’t buy it in time

Solution rating : 1/10 because you yourself said there’s VERY few players that will be pleased with it.

ronpierce.2760

So my question to you, stof, is seeing 2 or 3 people along the way going to ruin your t3 gaming experience to ruin it for those few who bought it across various servers? Group 1 should be just fine with this. The amount of people you’ll see per server with it will be incredibly low, more so as time goes by.

Rednaxela.6018

All I know is that I see VERY few people with the skin in game. The fairest thing to do is to allow those who purchased it keep it, and then re-release a new skin for others to purchase.

Solution outcome :
- kittens off every player from group A that doesn’t want this set to exist
- pleases the VERY few players that got it
- kittens off every other player that wants it and didn’t buy it in time

Solution rating : 1/10 because you yourself said there’s VERY few players that will be pleased with it.

Thats a matter of opinion! Ye there are VERY few players with this armor, BUT group A could be a bit tolerant with this FEW people. I guess you will see maybe 1 a day with this skin. So in 1 month most of the players dont know that it had exist.

Facepunch.5710

So my question to you, stof, is seeing 2 or 3 people along the way going to ruin your t3 gaming experience to ruin it for those few who bought it across various servers? Group 1 should be just fine with this. The amount of people you’ll see per server with it will be incredibly low, more so as time goes by.

The question shouldn’t be directed to stof. It should be directed to all players. And the first 11 pages of this thread (before ANet removed the set) indicate the answer is a resounding yes, whether you or I agree with them or not.

Rednaxela.6018

The question shouldn’t be directed to stof. It should be directed to all players. And the first 11 pages of this thread (before ANet removed the set) indicate the answers is a resounding yes, whether you or I agree with them or not.

Ye because only the player who want to delete the armor answered. LOL This is the most stupid answer i ve seen.

stof.9341

You think this is all about me? No it’s not.

But I’m sure a lot of people would immediately think when they see you pass by with that armor : “Oh look, I nearly forgot how much gold I wasted buying that T3 cultural armor when I could just have waited for ANet to release it for 1/3 the gold price! Thanks you.”

ronpierce.2760

The question shouldn’t be directed to stof. It should be directed to all players. And the first 11 pages of this thread (before ANet removed the set) indicate the answer is a resounding yes, whether you or I agree with them or not.

Well that’s just sad. (And no the first 11 pages were assuming it would continue to be available, there is a massive difference between seeing it a lot and 2 or 3 rare individuals, so no that’s not quite the same.)

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

I like commenting on the Linden Lab case, which has nothing to do with Anet in first place.

Linden Labs created a platform for established businesses, freelancers and hobby artists. This platform was developed for marketing and advertisement of their current or upcoming products. After a while this game become open to the public and a new era for online games was born. Players and professionals could create their own virtual content and sell it for real life money. There was no in game currency that could be acquired by just “playing” the game. You have to actually donate money or get your money from content you create/rent out etc. It doesn’t have a story line or anything given by the company itself. It’s not an MMO or any sort of so called game.

With that said, of course when it comes to acquiring real life money and income that those companies are bound to specific laws. In this case it’s our California laws since Linden Labs’s Head Quarter is in San Francisco. But as mentioned above, Linden Labs changed their ToS without former notice. This was an issue in itself and led to a lawsuit.

Linden Labs had been sued before, for millions of dollars in fact, because people lost their real life in come. This was not based on someone just donating a few dollars here and there, in fact it wasn’t based on donations at all and wouldn’t have gotten any success in court. It was based on copyright infringement.

Long story short, Anet does not even offer anything similar or close to Linden Labs Platform. Anet offers an MMO and players can’t acquire a real life income by playing the game. Anet also does not offer a Gold to Real Life Money option. Therefore the whole case about LL doesn’t even apply here.

But there could be a case if you really wanted it to happen. That would be based on breach of contract. Now read carefully before screaming for your skins again…

The moment you donate you are entering a contract with Anet/Ncsoft. The contract states that after successful donation you’ll be receiving a in game currency. In our case or in Anet’s case for GW2 that’s Gem Stones.

Again read first! The reason you donated money doesn’t matter. It’s irrelevant in terms of just having donated to get a skin they advertised… We clear on that? alright keep reading….

The Skin itself is Anet’s virtual content and therefore their own property. To no time Anet sells you the copyright of their product. Clear? Awesome, let’s move on… this means that it falls under the virtual content policy that’s different in every state. Anet is allowed to change their content at any time. This would include adding, removing, modifying etc. and you agreed to that as you joined the game. ToS state that clearly and are legal.

However as Anet pulled their own content without immediately reimbursing the gem stones would be the problem here. Anet promised to return gem stones if people do not like the new virtual content, without giving an ETA.

As I mentioned above, Customers that donated money (not the ones that exchanged gold for gem stones in game) have a contract with Anet. The Eta on that is 30 days unless stated in an official new released contract, and signed by it’s customer, within a specific time frame. The 30 days are based on state laws and vary from state to state and in some states they do not apply at all, please keep that in mind.

Again this doesn’t effect the skins or any other virtual content. It’s irrelevant if you like or not like the new skins, or if they even being released. The only legal stand point here, if you really wanted one, is the reimbursement of the Gem Stones. Anet does not have to put money back on your credit card, nor do they have to give you a content. All you signed for were the Gem stones that have been removed after the skin has been pulled from the market.

So I hope we are done with pulling internet cases and laws out of our pockets and trying to threaten Anet with it, thinking you have a case. You do not.

Facepunch.5710

Well that’s just sad. (And no the first 11 pages were assuming it would continue to be available, there is a massive difference between seeing it a lot and 2 or 3 rare individuals, so no that’s not quite the same.)

But if you look at the actual content of those posts, people are complaining after having seen a single norn or a single sylvari in their human armor.