[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.3574

Talon Silverhawk.3574

Now the T3 got a truly uniqueness…

You now know that most T3 owners are the people that asked anet to steal things other people got legit.

T3 from now on = shame…. just remember this.

Really ?? lol, Most T3 owners are ppl that invested 100 gold in an armor set that could not be found anywhere else, by your own argument then most ppl that bought the gem store item are ppl that want to cheat existing users out of a unique item.

GEM store item from now on = Shame

I don’t really think that but lordbyron is talking absolute tosh

Tal

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I’ve been reading the threads post dev-reply and I know A LOT of people complained about cost and self exclusivity, but I personally find it hard to think that that is just it. I feel like.. devs likely did (removal of said item) it because how strong the sentiment is over it being culturally exclusive. Racial/cultural restriction on such sets have been a game feature since release. The base skin for the other 2 (heavy and medium) are skins that can be obtained by any character after creation (and doing prequisite stuff like get badges/karma) while for culturals its predetermine by race choice in character creation.

However it all went, it seems clear, for now at least, ANet wish to stand with the concept of race exclusive armor. And I do too, but I figure the way to go is to discuss, and perhaps convince by a large majority to abolish the cultural limitation concept. Maybe one day you would get Anet to let go of cultural exclusiveness.

On the plus side, seeing how some people invested on the armor, it seems the base idea of culturals, for human light T3 at least, is very well designed and liked to get such commitment to it. Kudos to the original design concept.

Posted by: vonhellsing.2819

vonhellsing.2819

I believe that’s both decision Include on Black Lion and Re-work sold armor skin its a shame for company and One interesting thing is that’s many people said:

“…if arena net will give back your GEMS you don’t lose nothing… "

Yes we’ll lose our skin, we’ll lose confidence in the company, we’ll lose respect from company and with this ARENA NET will lose many people that’s support company every month with MONEY when buy GEMS.

This game is a business, were some people buy a game key an just play the game and farm gold to buy item, other’s (like me) that’s don’t have much time or think that’s need’s support company, bought a game key and every month buy gems (this user increase company profit). Arena net needs said that’s did a “big mistake” with this customer that’s support company every month with our money. It’s fair we’ll punished per support company ?

I believe that’s arena net needs offer other’s solutions to us that’s bought gems to bought FLAME KISSED ARMOR SKIN, than gems back or other changed skin design armor, once we don’t want this.

It’s more fair remove skin and give us a 10k in gold game coin to each user that’s bought armor, why thus amount ?

To try give back us confidence in game, in company and to remember all staff members that’s they need THINK BEFORE MAKE A MESS with us CUSTOMERS that’s all month put REAL MONEY in this company.

It’s not fair punish us that’s don’t did nothing wrong and of course once Armor are modeled by Old Sayid we need a formal apology’s letter from Old Sayid to all users who’s purchased and will lose their armor and to all users of T3 Humans Users too.

(edited by vonhellsing.2819)

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Thousands of people are happy with Anet removing it. I can only see LordByron still kittening about it with misinformation about how Anet won’t refund people etc. Even people I know, who bought the skin, are fine with removal and understand why it’s a problem. Also stop making it seem like only people with T3 light complained about it because it’s simply not true and most people who own any cultural set were just as disappointed.

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

perhaps Anet could do some sort of living story at one point, something to do with the races. Where if you help other races, you can get a version of their cultural armor, with some particles effects. or something along these lines, so that all cultural will be available to everyone, but NOT through the gem store and not so easily obtained. I would be fine with such a solution. and then people could eventually get a flamekissed armor again and other culturals. doesnt ave to be living story, could also be some permanent content xD (cross fingers)

Posted by: Herdt.4968

Herdt.4968

I believe that’s both decision Include on Black Lion and Re-work sold armor skin its a shame for company and One interesting thing is that’s many people said:

Yes we’ll lose our skin, we’ll lose confidence in the company, we’ll lose respect from company and with this ARENA NET will lose many people that’s support company every month with MONEY when buy GEMS.

This game is a business, were some people buy a game key an just play the game and farm gold to buy item, other’s (like me) that’s don’t have much time or think that’s need’s support company, bought a game key and every month buy gems (this user increase company profit). Arena net needs said that’s did a “big mistake” with this customer that’s support company every month with our money. It’s fair we’ll punished per support company ?

I believe that’s arena net needs offer other’s solutions to us that’s bought gems to bought FLAME KISSED ARMOR SKIN, than gems back or other changed skin design armor, once we don’t want this.

It’s more fair remove skin and give us a 10k in gold game coin to each user that’s bought armor, why thus amount ?

To try give back us confidence in game, in company and to remember all staff members that’s they need THINK BEFORE MAKE A MESS with us CUSTOMERS that’s all month put REAL MONEY in this company.

It’s not fair punish us that’s don’t did nothing wrong and of course once Armor are modeled by Old Sayid we need a formal apology’s letter from Old Sayid to all users who’s purchased and will lose their armor and to all users of T3 Humans Users too.

I support this idea.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

I support this idea.

10,000 gold just because?
Riiiight!

Posted by: Herdt.4968

Herdt.4968

I support this idea.

10,000 gold just because?
Riiiight!

Indemnity!!

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

You now know that most T3 owners are the people that asked anet to steal things other people got legit.

Really ?? lol, Most T3 owners are ppl that invested 100 gold in an armor set that could not be found anywhere else, by your own argument then most ppl that bought the gem store item are ppl that want to cheat existing users out of a unique item.

GEM store item from now on = Shame

I don’t really think that but lordbyron is talking absolute tosh

Tal

That as said is your opinion if it was like you said i could just go buy a T3 (i have a human)….
but i really dislike the T3…..

10.000 game coins are not viable and would harm economy…but for sure neither is “hey take 800 gems back”….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

This is undoubtedly the worst I’ve seen and I’ve been here since launch, though I don’t live on the forums. The introduction of ascended gear didn’t generate this much negative emotion.

Either you don’t remember it that well, or you weren’t there a year ago. It was much worse – but it was far more one-sided then, so there was less mudslinging at other players.

The truly unfortunate thing about all this is the precedence it has created…

Some people don’t like something? Scream and whine loud enough (with certain catch-phrases thrown into it like how ‘devalued’ something has become) and Anet will respond…

That practice has been introduced here a year ago, when anet introduced ascended gear because of content locust whining.

Also, some decisions are really just bad. This last one was really a huge blunder on Anet’s part.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

vonhellsing.2819

now they have a great trouble, who’s have T3 humans are furious who’s (me and thousands) that’s bought new skin too.
T3 users want remove skin
We want skin (no gems back or other design)
At this moment we have a unique skin, and if (i told if) this game have a market (i my opinion don’t have) this skin get more value of all legendary weapons after Arena net remove from Black Lion, and of course if will change skin we need compensation in gold no just gems back. Its simple said: ohh u will get back your gems, i don’t want my gems back i want my skin thats they sold to me.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

/snip
Have you ever been in another MMO where a company took away an item that one group of players bought at the request of another group of players like this?
/endsnip

No, but I did play one where 3 years after release they began to sell something in the cash shop for a pittance that formerly was only available through a time-gated massively expensive process.

After an outpouring similar to this one, the company basically said “Too bad, so sad,” and ignored everyone’s complaints. The game lost over half of their playerbase in about 3 weeks. I am sure they had more people that signed up after the exodus, but the rest of us were screwed.

ANet has said what they are going to do, and until I see what ANet comes up with, I am holding off agreeing to hate them for this one.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I’m just jealous that this topic received a definitive response (one way or the other) and some action.

I’d love to have that same courtesy regarding the stealth human female running animation change, whether that answer/action is in my favor or not.

vonhellsing.2819

i opened a ticket on support about this and NOTHING, they don’t give any feedback to ticket or give us any attention.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

i opened a ticket on support about this and NOTHING, they don’t give any feedback to ticket or give us any attention.

I think they’d respond only after the redesign is introduced.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

if that’s the case it’d be nice for them to give a time frame on when we should expect it to be done

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

if that’s the case it’d be nice for them to give a time frame on when we should expect it to be done

The dev who posted here already said there is no ETA though.. we just have to wait.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Quizotic.2815

you know reading this whole thread has been kinda funny, its gone from people complaining about t3 reskin, to them asking for all racial armors to be reskined, to blaming anet and questioning their business principles , than the red post hit and it goes the same only for the other side, with a post from someone thanking anet or insulting the people who don’t want it changed, every few posts if not more.

I see what they mean by toxic player base, tho if you read the entire thread you’ll see what side is more toxic on this matter >.<

Posted by: Frozen.7245

Frozen.7245

I for one am very upset that the armor was pulled. I uploaded Gems specifically to buy this armor skin. I thought going with a VERY popular armor skin was a good idea to start with, and thought that it’d give the game some more options. I don’t like the other two armor skins at all. And they’re based on I believe Karma armor skins. I don’t like how quickly the staff caved on this issue. In the short time I was online before uploading Gems I had seen a few people that had already purchased the skin, it was already showing signs of being a good seller for them.

Afterall furthermore if they’re so lenient to cave on these issues, I don’t like the snake head parts of the daggers when they’re drawn, want to offer a less snakey version of those?

Posted by: Frozen.7245

Frozen.7245

Furthermore, why not remove all three armors from the game? If removing it because it is sort of simular to one armor in the game, why not think of a whole set of armors in the game that it is stealing some thunder from. “Flame Legion Armor Set” has flames all over it too, and is much harder to get than a Tier 3 armor set in my opinion. I’m genuinely upset about this whole issue, taking out one armor because a few people complained, and then not even bothering to issue a statement either on the login page OR the gem store page as an announcement. Causing me to upload gems for NOTHING.

Quizotic.2815

There is no such thing as an “unintentional” bait and switch. There has to be intent.
It’s a moot point anyway. Anet made a mistake and are simply correcting that mistake.
You can argue legal terms all day, but in the end it’s not a legal matter.

You should also be warned that making any threat of legal action here on the forums will prevent you from getting any kind of refund or support without obtaining a lawyer. Support has stated many times that once legal action is threatened, they will no longer speak to you and all future correspondence will have to go through their attorney. So watch what you say unless you are willing to carry your threat out.

you the one saying im claiming legal action, im simply putting my 2 cents in which I have a right to do, the same as you. do I encourage people to get what they think they fairly deserve, yes. if they deside legal action is that course than be so, what im saying is I wouldn’t want to be in anets shoes because if it does happen its all gonna depend on the judge they get, some hold the term of use to standard some dont

Posted by: Sledgehamster.8106

Sledgehamster.8106

There are three real problems with this whole situation.
The first is the only people who have been penalised are those who have supported Anet with gem purchases (I’d suggest with real-life cash in most cases)that’s not the best business practice.

The second is this essentially that it’s difficult to trust the gem store now. A precedent has been set that what you pay for and purchase may not necessarily be what you get. That’s bound to make some people think twice about buying anything from the gem store now.

Finally those who are having their armour skin removed have had no contact from Anet explaining why, it will just happen. Some of those players won’t visit these boards and it will be something of a shock to them. I really couldn’t hurt to email and apologise in advance now, could it?

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Finally those who are having their armour skin removed have had no contact from Anet explaining why, it will just happen. Some of those players won’t visit these boards and it will be something of a shock to them. I really couldn’t hurt to email and apologise in advance now, could it?

Aren’t you kinda assuming here? They didn’t even remove the skin yet and for sure they know perfectly well who bought it. There’s nothing preventing them from sending an ingame courier at the same time they update the skin.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

While I’m on the side of keeping it, I agree with Stof here, they probably will; however. I actually think they should do it now in-game rather than later. People may have bought that skin and are working on leveling an off-race alt because if it who doesn’t know, so what I’m saying is, people might still be making decisions based on thinking they’ll continue to own the skin or not knowing it’s changing. A note to buyers sooner than later would actually be best.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Sledgehamster.8106

Sledgehamster.8106

Aren’t you kinda assuming here? They didn’t even remove the skin yet and for sure they know perfectly well who bought it. There’s nothing preventing them from sending an ingame courier at the same time they update the skin.

The decision has been made it would appear and the item removed from the Gem store. Why do Anet need to wait before contacting those who purchased this, especially to the point where any contact is made at the point of the change.

It really is basic customer service.

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

letting the people keep the current flamekissed design would be unfair. they can however, provide some sort of compensation like giving 800 gems AND letting them keep the new design.

Why would we want another skin instead? if we don’t end up liking it the replacement holds no value whatsoever, just junk that would sit in storage.

Unlocking cultural armor racial restrictions seems the most solid way to fix the problem but also the most work for anet. This would also allow much more character customization in terms of armour combination and gives players the ability to appear unique where t3 sets are almost the standard these days.

You can contact customer support to restore your toon’s look prior to applying the flamekissed skin if you still don’t like the new one. Isn’t the point of taking it out in the first place is so that cultural distinction via armor choices are maintained? I personally don’t want that restriction lifted.

At least you get to have an extra 800 gems as compensation if they follow my suggestion.

The point is more that we are left with gems that we didn’t ask for and an armour set we quite possibly don’t want in exchange for far more useful currency (either more in game gold then what you can resell the gems for or RWM).

That’s fair enough though with the cultural restrictions, I think everyone will have their own opinion on that.

I’m sorry but I have to agree with people saying that nobody really bought the skins with RWM. They bought it with gems and thus are entitled for refund on gems/ingame items alone, not RWM. They might release something you’d like in the future so maybe you can save those extra gems they may send you?

I do understand how you feel though, and it’s reasonable to feel that way. TBH, I also bought the flamekissed armor and would like to keep the current skin particularly because it is an improved version of the human t3 cultural armor which i am very fond of, especially since my character IS human.

Only because you’re forced to buy gems to buy stuff from tp if using a cc.
if we had a choice to buy gems or pay cash for the item most of us would just pay cash for the item and skip the gems part.

So anet does not give us a choice to just pay cash for the item because the item can only be bought with gems.
But still we paid cash for that item even if we had to get the gems before hand to get it.
So for me it’s not about the gems it’s about the item i wanted before hand when using my cc.

(edited by XxTAFxX.6741)

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

Quoting lordbyron, first he says

As soon i saw it was a T3 i said to myself i wouldn t get it due to being unfair to T3 owners…. >.>
(even if i digged the flames a lot).

And now he says…..

So you say it was unfair to t3 owners but you want the skin to stay anyway and now you want to reskin tier 3 instead? do also think thats fair for tier 3 owners? cuz its not, why should tier 3 have an armor reskin cuz of anets mistake?

OMNIBUS.2913

Furthermore, why not remove all three armors from the game? If removing it because it is sort of simular to one armor in the game, why not think of a whole set of armors in the game that it is stealing some thunder from. “Flame Legion Armor Set” has flames all over it too, and is much harder to get than a Tier 3 armor set in my opinion. I’m genuinely upset about this whole issue, taking out one armor because a few people complained, and then not even bothering to issue a statement either on the login page OR the gem store page as an announcement. Causing me to upload gems for NOTHING.

Like a million posts have said they dont remove the other armors cuz their not tier 3 racial armor. And more than “a few people” complained. Def way more complaints about it being up then taken down from what i see.

Posted by: Wintel.4873

Wintel.4873

I was too tempted to buy the set when it appeared in gem store, lets hope that when they re-do the armor it still looks decent

Attachments:

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

As soon i saw it was a T3 i said to myself i wouldn t get it due to being unfair to T3 owners…. >.>

And now he says…..

So you say it was unfair to t3 owners but you want the skin to stay anyway and now you want to reskin tier 3 instead? do also think thats fair for tier 3 owners? cuz its not, why should tier 3 have an armor reskin cuz of anets mistake?

Talking about fairness.

You think Anet was fair on their decision? They only considered the complainants.

I didnt know we need to play forums also so we can enjoy the game.

OMNIBUS.2913

And now he says…..

Talking about fairness.

You think Anet was fair on their decision? They only considered the complainants.

I didnt know we need to play forums also so we can enjoy the game.

The only fair option now would have been to put all tier 3 in the gemstore with sparklies.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

I only started playing GW2 in April so I probably missed a lot of previous drama, but this situation seems to have caused the biggest divide between players I have seen in a very long time of playing MMOs. Granted I ignored a lot of forums from previous MMOs I played. I wish I had ignored this forum too. I came here for a players helping players post and months later I seem stuck.

This is undoubtedly the worst I’ve seen and I’ve been here since launch, though I don’t live on the forums. The introduction of ascended gear didn’t generate this much negative emotion.

This is the first MMO I’ve ever played for more than a month or so. Have you ever been in another MMO where a company took away an item that one group of players bought at the request of another group of players like this? I’ve never experienced anything like this in my life.

They didnt take away the item people bought with real money aka the gem’s. They have decided to redo a piece of intellectual property they own to be suit there customer’s desires.

On top of that there not removing anything from any ones account. This would be no different then a dealership calling in a rental car for service. Then changing the tires out to a different brand. The tires are different they may look different the car might ride differently, but the owner of the car has the right to modify it as they see fit.

People bought the item legitimately for their accounts. They didn’t rent it. It has no return date. They are taking what some people bought away from them against their will to placate other people. It being a virtual item doesn’t make what is being done any less unethical or immoral.

It is nothing like a car rental as you described it, on any level. Nothing in your analogy compares to anything in the current situation.

I am sorry to continue to upset you but according to the contract you signed with Arena.net and NCsoft your only renting the rights to the game. Maybe you wanna contact them directly if you need extra help on that.

License Grant — Any Service, Content or Software supplied by NCSOFT is licensed, not sold, by NCSOFT. All title and rights not expressly granted in this agreement, including but not limited to any IP right and the display thereof, are retained by NCSOFT and/or third-parties under agreement with NCSOFT. NCSOFT hereby grants You a revocable, non-exclusive, license for personal and non-commercial use of Service, Content and Software that is non-transferable except as permitted under Section 9©. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY SUCH LICENSE TERMINATES IMMEDIATELY IF YOU BREACH, VIOLATE, OR OTHERWISE FAIL TO COMPLY WITH EACH AND EVERY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE HAD TO NOTICE OF TERMINATION FROM NCSOFT. IN THE EVENT OF TERMINATION OF ANY SUCH LICENSE NCSOFT MAY, IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION, MODIFY OR DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT, ALL RELATED CONTENT, AND ANY CHARACTER ID.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/legal/guild-wars-2-user-agreement/

This seems to be the only thing you can repeatedly say.

And unless ANET state that the reason the Flamekissed skin is being changed is due to the EULA/TOS then your posts are pointless.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The truly unfortunate thing about all this is the precedence it has created…

Not really, this has already happened before in GW2 there was a point for months after launch where a lot of the karma gear in the lower level charr zones had the wrong skin, nothing happened for months and then all of a sudden log in and it’s all different. I know the Tarstar Longbow from the Tarstar Chief had a completely different skin (was a cultural weapon for char or human)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Nighthaven.9326

Nighthaven.9326

Will there be an option to keep the old skin if you used it on human character?
Because I DO like the fiery version of T3 than the original one on my elementalist…

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

Will there be an option to keep the old skin if you used it on human character?
Because I DO like the fiery version of T3 than the original one on my elementalist…

No. The other humans don’t want you to have it, human or not.

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

When the armour was first released, I said like WTF, you’ve jusr reskied the human T3. Well out of order!
Then I thought, well, seeing as it’s here now and seeing as I already have the human T3 and personally think that Human T3 is the best light armour in the game, I think I’ll have some of that!
At no point did I think I’ll just nip off the the forum and complain, lol. But… whats done, is done. : (
Anyhoo, I got it, replaced my existing T3 with it and now Im gunna lose it. All in a days work….

I thought the best way to have solved it all would have been to make more sets, maybe with the two other human T3 skins (now that would really marmite things up! either drive ppl into a livid blood boiling vein popping rage or totally blow their little minds away with awesomeness).
Could have looked like this (only better coz not done by me :p):

Attachments:

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

(edited by Titan Cronus.9216)

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

When the armour was first released, I said like WTF, you’ve jusr reskied the human T3. Well out of order!
Then I thought, well, seeing as it’s here now and seeing as I already have the human T3 and personally think that Human T3 is the best light armour in the game, I think I’ll have some of that!
At no point did I think I’ll just nip off the the forum and complain, lol. But… whats done, is done. : (
Anyhoo, I got it, replaced my existing T3 with it and now Im gunna lose it. All in a days work….

I thought the best way to have solved it all would have been to make more sets, maybe with the two other human T3 skins (now that would really marmite things up! either drive ppl into a livid blood boiling vein popping rage or totally blow their little minds away with awesomeness).
Could have looked like this (only better coz not done by me :p):

I’m of the opinion they should do it with all T3 sets.. and this is coming from someone who owns multiple sets of Asura T3. I wouldn’t have complained on the forum if humans or Charr could wear “my” races armour, as long as they look good doing so.

Besides… A big heavy male Norn in Asura T3 heavy could be some kind of experimental golem design…

Also, can I just say.. that heavy you did.. looks totally awesome and I want it.

vonhellsing.2819

one gm in a ticket said: "…Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.

As we stated previously we cannot undo the change that has been made to your skin. We reserve the rights to make changes to the game or it’s skins.

For any further issue we will be glad to assist.

Regards,

GM XXXXXXX…"

Its clear that’s some users are more important than others in AN, and we that’s expend money in gems to support this game and this company we do not have any importance.

They lesson who’s don’t like new armor, but they don’t want lesson us.

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

As we stated previously we cannot undo the change that has been made to your skin. We reserve the rights to make changes to the game or it’s skins.

Regards,

GM XXXXXXX…"

Its clear that’s some users are more important than others in AN, and we that’s expend money in gems to support this game and this company we do not have any importance.

there are people that have posted on reddit with the exact opposite from feedback (ie they had their original t3 skins returned to them). Either support are inconsistent, have some currently unknown criteria, or someones trying to stir up drama.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Regards,

GM XXXXXXX…"

Your mistaken some is not correct the majority will always win out when it comes to company’s. I am sorry for all the people who where in the minority this go around about this armor, but that’s life. They should feel lucky cause the way there going on about it you would think its the worse thing to happen to them ever.

BazeDragon.3927

Your mistaken some is not correct the majority will always win out when it comes to company’s. I am sorry for all the people who where in the minority this go around about this armor, but that’s life. They should feel lucky cause the way there going on about it you would think its the worse thing to happen to them ever.

You are really going to start “We’re a majority because we complained more”?
You remember that this is a forum about a game, right? Only a minority of the playerbase of a game tend post on mediums such as the forums or reddit, of that minority, people with something they want to complain about tend to have a louder voice, because those who are satisfied or really don’t care tend not to post on that topic.
Admittedly, on this topic, there has been more of an outcry from both sides than usual, but to claim you represent a majority of players because you are in the camp which made the louder voice on the forums is a pretty rich assumption on your part.

That said, lets get back on topic, shall we?

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

You remember that this is a forum about a game, right? Only a minority of the playerbase of a game tend post on mediums such as the forums or reddit, of that minority, people with something they want to complain about tend to have a louder voice, because those who are satisfied or really don’t care tend not to post on that topic.
Admittedly, on this topic, there has been more of an outcry from both sides than usual, but to claim you represent a majority of players because you are in the camp which made the louder voice on the forums is a pretty rich assumption on your part.

I really hope your not so narrow minded that you would think Anet. A multi million dollar company would base a decision like this on these forums. Most likely they get there data from multiple places.

My guess is to name a few
Reddit
Twitter
Guild Forums
Official Forums
Fan Forums (such as Dulfy)
Plus there integrated ticket system.

My guess and yes its just a guess they looked at all the different resources they had to judge the out rage. Then compared it to how many people bought the armor. Once they had compared the two. They made a decision to help stabilize the game based on numbers.

Most likely they have a entire team dedicated to judging player feedback.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i understand the frustration on both sides. when it comes to skins, i am very specific. i try to mix and match a lot and then i see for example a specific top and use all my gold to buy it, if it was taken away from me then i’d be upset too. but i understand t3 users too. the skin is exactly the same as the t3 cultural and cultural is 120g and should be and stay exclusive.
but the new flamekissed armor should be as stunning as the t3 for sure. lets see what the art department can come up with. it should be revealing as the previous skin, but not a copy of another armor with flames added. a nice belly free top and leg showing skirt.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

Ya right. Did you see some of the posts? Too revealing blah blah. The new set will look like this:

[URL=http://s135.photobucket.com/user/Plxix/media/image_zps3886bde9.jpg.html][IMG]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q129/Plxix/image_zps3886bde9.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Honestly I think this whole thing has run its course for now. Things we know at this point:

• Anet pulled the Flamekissed armor to appease those unhappy it looked like HT3.
  • Anet has said they are designing a new one to replace it.
  • Anet has said those with the current Flamekissed will get the new design.
  • Anet has said that they have heard the new one will be “something special”.
  • Anet has said those unhappy with that “something special” will receive a gem refund.
  • Anet’s response so far does not say how they will handle situations where someone spent gold or gems on items such as dyes, character slots, other armors etc. based on the now retracted Flamekissed armor aside from saying they will be addressed by customer support when the time comes.
  • We don’t know if that means they will compensate players for gold and gems invested on other items due to buying the Flamekissed armor.
  • We do not know how long it will be before the revamped armor comes out and if it is indeed “something special”.

That’s pretty much it for now and as this thread has become massive I don’t see much point in going back and forth about it until we hear more. I’m one that is also unhappy I can’t keep my original Flamekissed armor. I spent gold on a back piece and transmuted a sun catcher skin on it to go with the look. That skin sells for about 30 gold right now and I would have never used it had I not gotten the Flamekissed armor skin. My guess is if I don’t like the revamp and get the refund I’m out of luck with getting a non-soul bound non-account bound sun catcher skin back.

Nonetheless, there isn’t anything any of us can do about it right now until we hear more. I just hope Anet does not get lazy on the revamp and think that since so many have invested in the Flamekissed skin beyond gem purchase that they will get sloppy with it and just throw something together.

tl;dr At this point all the fuss has been made and I’m sure Anet has been following this thread. There really isn’t much to do aside from waiting.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

BazeDragon.3927

I really hope your not so narrow minded that you would think Anet. A multi million dollar company would base a decision like this on these forums. Most likely they get there data from multiple places.

You obviously failed to properly read my post if somehow you got me saying “only the official forums” from it (kindly note that I at no point said “these” or “official”, and I specifically referenced “reddit”. I also admitted the outcry was greater than usual.)
But lets not argue over the effects of the louder voice in a crowd on such a topic, shall we?
ANet has made its decision, some people aren’t happy with it and are suggesting alternatives, other people are posting their experience trying to get more information from ANet and their thoughts on the response they get.
I see no reason for people to be giving the attitude they are towards players expressing their own displeasure at losing a skin they bought (and some/most/whatever with real money) because of people complaining. Those people did nothing wrong by buying it, and they’re only asking for more information on what will happen, or in some cases to get the real money they may not have spent otherwise back.

Posted by: Cathgar.7581

Cathgar.7581

My guess is to name a few
Reddit
Twitter
Guild Forums
Official Forums
Fan Forums (such as Dulfy)
Plus there integrated ticket system.

My guess and yes its just a guess they looked at all the different resources they had to judge the out rage. Then compared it to how many people bought the armor. Once they had compared the two. They made a decision to help stabilize the game based on numbers.

Most likely they have a entire team dedicated to judging player feedback.

This whole post is based on assumption, unless you work for ANET you do not know how things work.

Posted by: Absconditus.6804

Absconditus.6804

I understand the people that feels this is betraying their trust in ArenaNet, and how this can negatively impact them on future Gem Store transactions. But quite honestly, there will never be a way to please everyone, that is quite simply impossible.

You got people who dislike that it is a Human set of Cultural armor that is available to every race. Leaving the skin as-is to early buyers makes this group unhappy when it’s not worn by a human character.

Those who dislike that it’s getting re-designed after they have purchased a specific look—and potentially spent a larger sum of Gold to get additional items for the character it was used on (I spent over 1000 Gold in example for my Mesmer)—that do not wish to see this specific design lost through a re-design. If you change the skin, these people will be unhappy.

Those who don’t want the skin to stay as-is for early buyers, as it creates a very rare and exclusive skin that only a lucky few would be allowed to keep. By not re-designing the skin and allowing it to stay as-is, you make these people unhappy.

There’s of course a variety of people who share similar views of the polarized groups as depicted above.

I too wish I could keep the design, as I thoroughly do enjoy how it looks. I did however get disappointed in the fact that it had the mesh of the Human Cultural Light Tier 3 armor. For that matter, I am disappointed in how the Medium and Heavy are in the same way just textures and particles added to the Invader’s and Pit Fighter sets, both available for Gold and WvW Badges.

I do think that ArenaNet is making the wiser decision by not allowing me to keep the set as-is though. For one, even though I used it on a Human, it is available to other races too, and there are other races who uses it. Parts of me never liked the racial limitations to these sets, but they’re there, so having one racial armor available to every other race, while the other race’s sets stays exclusive to them, doesn’t quite flow with me.

I also dislike that the Cultural costs 119 Gold, something which was a lot of work to amass in the early days. 800 Gems was about 57 Gold when this set was initially released, so that’s less than half the cost, with it having additional effects that you may or may not like. I did spend real world cash on it, as I always do with Gem Store purchases, but I did check the conversion costs.

I don’t really think it’s fine to have a smaller portion of the playerbase wearing a very exclusive skin either. I don’t really care much for the fact that a Sylvari, Norn, Charr or Asura wears it when it comes down to it. But I understand there are those who really are opposed to this, I can understand these players too. But the bigger problem as I touched upon, is that it becomes a very rare set, that a very select few early adopters gets to sport. I don’t really think this is fine. Not when looks is basically what we strive for in this game, as stats are easy to obtain.

While I understand completely that it feels like they are betraying your trust in them with your real world money, I do think they’ve made the correct decision as was announced so far.

As suggested in other topics and probably this one as well, they can spend some effort making every race’s Cultural have similar particle effects and textures. Then add a recipe for the Mystic Forge where you upgrade your race’s Cultural into this new particle-flashy design. That of course does not make everyone happy, there are other races who simply love the HCLT3 armor, who simply doesn’t want their own race’s Cultural in a similar design. But at least it means the design doesn’t need to get completely trashed, and Human characters can re-gain that look. I would also be interested in upgrading the Cultural’s for my other characters of different races, into a new design such as this.

• Make similar themed design updates to every races Tier 3 Cultural armors.
  • Add a Gem Store item that serves as an ingredient for the “upgraded” design, making ArenaNet some money in the process. Re-designing all these meshes are probably going to take some work after all.
  • Add a Mystic Forge recipe that requires this Gem Store ingredient, the Cultural piece and misc. other materials (e.g., Molten Lodestones and/or dungeon tokens).
    • Optionally: Allow for materials to customize the color of the textures/particles (e.g., Molten Lodestones for the current Flamekissed design, Crystal Lodestones for a pink-ish Mesmer-type glow, Glacial for a blue/ice-type glow, etc.).

For all I know, the new design may be even greater than the current CHLT3 armor mesh though. Even if it may be hard to top how good this set already looks. Regardless, I’m sure I’ll miss my current Mesmer-looks once it updates.

Attachments:

Vella Absconditus | Human Mesmer
Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: nideovinja.2543

nideovinja.2543

You know after playing with this armor for awhile… I have a different theory on why it was pulled so fast. Perhaps https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Where-did-my-Flamekissed-Armor-go-O-O had something to do with it, and Anet realized it before we did.

Posted by: Titan Cronus.9216

Titan Cronus.9216

• Make similar themed design updates to every races Tier 3 Cultural armors.
  • Add a Gem Store item that serves as an ingredient for the “upgraded” design, making ArenaNet some money in the process. Re-designing all these meshes are probably going to take some work after all.
  • Add a Mystic Forge recipe that requires this Gem Store ingredient, the Cultural piece and misc. other materials (e.g., Molten Lodestones and/or dungeon tokens).
    • Optionally: Allow for materials to customize the color of the textures/particles (e.g., Molten Lodestones for the current Flamekissed design, Crystal Lodestones for a pink-ish Mesmer-type glow, Glacial for a blue/ice-type glow, etc.).

For all I know, the new design may be even greater than the current CHLT3 armor mesh though. Even if it may be hard to top how good this set already looks. Regardless, I’m sure I’ll miss my current Mesmer-looks once it updates.

I have suggested the same thing, an upgraded version of all t3 sets but very much like the idea of different materials affecting the appearance. In a perfect world, that would be amazing!

Also, the problem with the new re-skin of the Flamekissed armour is that no matter how cool it is, it won’t use the T3 skin mesh. A lot of people (me included) only bought it because of that mesh, because we saw it as in improvement to the T3 (dispite being gutted that it had been added to the game in such a way). There is not another single armour set in the game that they could have used that I would have bought and replaced my existing T3 with.

P.S. I put up a reply on the last page, bout 3/4 the way down with a pic i did messing about of what the other human T3 sets might look like. I’d love for them to add the other t3 human sets as flame armours and have two full sets, one t3 mesh, one crappy mesh (like the existing medium and heavy). Ofc, that wouldn’t please everyone but what can we do. : )

Crónus : Human male Eelementalist, Desolation.
17 level 80 characters, all races, all professions.

(edited by Titan Cronus.9216)