[Merged] Cultural Human T3 Not Exclusive

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

There was a time when any race could get any cultural armor. I think they changed that in Oct. 2012. Does anyone remember how they handled that? Did they roll back the armor, outright delete it? I cannot remember.

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

There was a time when any race could get any cultural armor. I think they changed that in Oct. 2012. Does anyone remember how they handled that? Did they roll back the armor, outright delete it? I cannot remember.

From what I recall, could be wrong, that the transmuted armor would turn into the races cultural armor that is wearing it. Regardless of you buying human armor and transmuting and putting on a norn. It would just look like Norn cultural on the Norn.

I also remembering hearing something about bans. Not sure if it was in this case though. As a lot of bans were heftily handed out back in the beginning.

Edit: After looking up some old forum posts, seems I was wrong on the transmutation part of it (or it was changed to work like that after they ‘fixed’ it). As there was some humans running around with Sylvari Tier 3 and stuff. Can’t seem to find a single screenshot of such occurrence though. Maybe its lost with the times.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

Posted by: BazeDragon.3927

BazeDragon.3927

Somehow, there is something sticking in the back of my mind that these folks who have already gotten their gems back, and still have the other armor could possibly get their gems back and a new skin? How is that fair for those who wait?

Something just doesn’t add up here. (kind of off-topic, but still puzzling)

Well, the problem seems to be, that they haven’t had any options to replace the skin.
Sure they got their gems back. What if the skin is applied to their armor?
Would you want to delete all your gear to get rid of it? Not just the skin but the armor set it was used on?

Actually, that’s not what I was saying. I was saying that those who got their 800 gems back already have been asked to delete their skins (or transmute over.) Some have said that they’re not going to do that. I understand perfectly that they don’t want to get rid of their armor, and that’s not what I want them to do.

What I was asking is if a player has already gotten their gems back, and they are still wearing the flamekissed armor when ANet releases the new skin, will their armor convert to the new skin automatically? If so, they’ve already gotten a refund, and they get the new skin without paying for it.

I just didn’t see this as fair to those who wait to see the new skin before they ask for a refund and end up with either the 800 gems or the new skins, and not both.

I’ve not seen anyone flat say they won’t get rid of the skins. The only reason I haven’t is because I am not going to spend the 800 gems of this refund to do so.
The problem when it comes to the deletion of the skin is partially Customer Support telling some people to delete it, telling other people… Well, nothing on the lines of deleting it or not… And providing other people with the stuff to replace their skins with (some people have been given sets of T3 to replace it!)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

So anet gave credit to players that thinks that due to anet fault they should lose:

A celestial armorset and rune of melandru/traveler.

Or instead we could

Have our armor useless until they change it despite we are having ascended armor soon

In each case we should lose half or all gems invested….or even more?

I hope with all myself you will find yourself involved in a similar situation …..you would really understand how wrong your thinking are and never try to damage other players deliberatly…
Because i m starting to think the T3 armor is an excuse.

P.S. FYI i still have to ask refund…. i don t want to lose too much but if all remains as its now i ll lose a lot for sure….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Ok, like I’ve said before, Anet may make poor decisions on the direction they are taking the game and stuff, but I’ve never complained about their customer support because of how accommodating they are (at least to me and my friends) so far. Here’s a proof.

For the record, I only asked for a refund on the armor (800 gems), and didn’t mention any other concerns.

Attachments:

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

@Leo Paul, you got 2000 gems back in total? and not even asked to delete the skin?. I think this is … slightly.. unfair. You should only be refunded for your gem purchase spent on the skin (800 gems) and some transmutation splitters for removing the skin. If you had already transmuted t3 on top of the armor before and overrid it, then you should submit a new ticket stating this and anet could check it and send you a new t3 if that was the case. No one should be able to get 2000 gems back, the new skin AND the old flamekissed (because anet wont know if you deleted it?) . I hope this wont be the case.. I wish I had bought the flamekissed then, just to get this extreme refund xD

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

but its really risky… ._.
What if they will just ask me to delete my celestial armor?
its 30 day without being able to go www….

I just hope they will preview the new armor before 10 december….or i will be in troubles

If they won t i will be forced to ask support…..
I hope i will get back at least what i had before….seems only few could have that back

For sure if the will preview the new armor before the 10 dec we will have at least a chance to see how to proceed.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Leo Paul.1659

@Leo Paul, you got 2000 gems back in total? and not even asked to delete the skin?. I think this is … slightly.. unfair. You should only be refunded for your gem purchase spent on the skin (800 gems) and some transmutation splitters for removing the skin. If you had already transmuted t3 on top of the armor before and overrid it, then you should submit a new ticket stating this and anet could check it and send you a new t3 if that was the case. No one should be able to get 2000 gems back, the new skin AND the old flamekissed (because anet wont know if you deleted it?) . I hope this wont be the case.. I wish I had bought the flamekissed then, just to get this extreme refund xD

I think it’s their way of saying “we’re sorry for the mess we made”..

Regardless, I think they handled mine and my friend’s cases regarding the armor really well.. I believe if you file the proper ticket stating your case clearly, then you will be compensated for accordingly..

I’m just trying to provide proof of how properly they handled my case as opposed to those who claim poor service in the spirit of fairness to Anet’s CS. At least mine has an attachment.

BazeDragon.3927

Regardless, I think they handled mine and my friend’s cases regarding the armor really well.. I believe if you file the proper ticket stating your case clearly, then you will be compensated for accordingly..

I’m just trying to provide proof of how properly they handled my case as opposed to those who claim poor service in the spirit of fairness to Anet’s CS. At least mine has an attachment.

Some of us who claim relatively “poor service” have given evidence, as well.
For the record, I’ve never claimed actual poor service (that would only be if they refused to give a refund, or deleted the armour upon giving it and leaving me at least 50g out of pocket and without my gear), merely that I am not happy with the response I received compared to that which others in the same situation have been getting. The inconsistency of the support department is my main complaint at this point.

Leo Paul.1659

For the record, I’ve never claimed actual poor service (that would only be if they refused to give a refund, or deleted the armour upon giving it and leaving me at least 50g out of pocket and without my gear), merely that I am not happy with the response I received compared to that which others in the same situation have been getting. The inconsistency of the support department is my main complaint at this point.

I’m sorry that your experience isn’t as favorable as mine. I’m not trying to disprove your claims specifically, I’m just providing evidence on the contrary in general, that there are people who do get compensated accordingly.

I think the situation they are in are more complicated than the normal tickets they get, and thus the disparity in how it is handled. I believe they’ll reach an appropriate compensation once everything settles. Anyway, they did say that every person’s case is different and will be treated as such.

Posted by: Beckie.3580

Beckie.3580

I’m sorry that your experience isn’t as favorable as mine. I’m not trying to disprove your claims specifically, I’m just providing evidence on the contrary in general, that there are people who do get compensated accordingly.

That’s an even bigger problem. some people get more refunded than they deserve and should have, while others get too little. Anet should’ve thought out a way to compensate consistently and fairly. They didnt have to hand out refund right away until they had found a proper way to do it :/

Leo Paul.1659

That’s an even bigger problem. some people get more refunded than they deserve and should have, while others get too little. Anet should’ve thought out a way to compensate consistently and fairly. They didnt have to hand out refund right away until they had found a proper way to do it :/

Sorry I edited my reply to say that I think the way they compensate for this issue will get better in time, and that you can always make another ticket if you feel the compensation does not meet your needs.. I would think that anything filed BEFORE they finally release the reskinned item should remain open for reconsideration.

I think they’re treating each ticket as individual cases and doesn’t have an SOP yet to handle the issue generally. The important thing is to not give up on sending tickets imho.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

Is there an ETA when the “fixed” version will be available to purchase ? It’s been quite some time now..

play hard , go pro.

BazeDragon.3927

Is there an ETA when the “fixed” version will be available to purchase ? It’s been quite some time now..

Typical anet line “When it’s ready”™

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

but its really risky… ._.
What if they will just ask me to delete my celestial armor?
its 30 day without being able to go www….

I just hope they will preview the new armor before 10 december….or i will be in troubles

If they won t i will be forced to ask support…..
I hope i will get back at least what i had before….seems only few could have that back

For sure if the will preview the new armor before the 10 dec we will have at least a chance to see how to proceed.

Since you mentioned WvW, you can easily reskin the whole armor set with just 45 – 180 (some skin sets are more expensive than others) badges of armor. The armor master, last tab is other, this is just cheap skins.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: VampyreJack.9183

VampyreJack.9183

Anet was good about resolving this peacefully with me. i feel compensated. LeoPaul gave good advice. In the end, however, i really wish i could have kept my original AS PURCHASED flamekissed skin.

Leo Paul.1659

Anet was good about resolving this peacefully with me. i feel compensated. LeoPaul gave good advice. In the end, however, i really wish i could have kept my original AS PURCHASED flamekissed skin.

Glad to know that Anet was able to provide you with appropriate compensation for the armor too. I wish I could keep the current skin too as a human, but I’m sure they’d find a way to incorporate the upgraded T3 design ingame again eventually and that we’d be able to wear it again XD

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I wish I could keep the current skin too as a human, but I’m sure they’d find a way to incorporate the upgraded T3 design ingame again eventually and that we’d be able to wear it again XD

Sorry but nope. People argued to have it pulled. It should be gone forever once the change is made. It wouldn’t be fair to take it away from those that bought it off the gem store only to give it to T3 owners later. Once the revamp is done the old Flamekissed should never come back.

The Burninator

Leo Paul.1659

I wish I could keep the current skin too as a human, but I’m sure they’d find a way to incorporate the upgraded T3 design ingame again eventually and that we’d be able to wear it again XD

Sorry but nope. People argued to have it pulled. It should be gone forever once the change is made. It wouldn’t be fair to take it away from those that bought it off the gem store only to give it to T3 owners later. Once the revamp is done the old Flamekissed should never come back.

People argued over it being accessible to other races… They can always implement a way to upgrade T3 to exotic and incorporate upgraded graphics which by then they could reuse the skin. Of course, other races should get equal treatment if they do so.

JustTrogdor.7892

People argued over it being accessible to other races… They can always implement a way to upgrade T3 to exotic and incorporate upgraded graphics which by then they could reuse the skin. Of course, other races should get equal treatment if they do so.

Nope. Once removed from the game it should stay that way. You can’t say take it from them but give it to me.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

If you notice…a lot of people here simple hate the Flamkissed Armor. They don’t want it available whatsoever after this whole fiasco. These people didn’t buy the armor or anything. They just hate it, passionately. How lame a way to exist.

JustTrogdor.7892

If you notice…a lot of people here simple hate the Flamkissed Armor. They don’t want it available whatsoever after this whole fiasco. These people didn’t buy the armor or anything. They just hate it, passionately. How lame a way to exist.

I bought and have it on my human toon. I like it and wish I could keep it. However, if it is being pulled to maintain the integrity of HT3. As that is the case, once revamped the original has no place back in the game.

The Burninator

Posted by: Phillip.6485

Phillip.6485

YA I’m sure they’ll do good on the revamp, and the lot that lobbied against it originally will go buy the new revamped with those pathetic smiles on their faces. Pride where the sun don’t shine.

JustTrogdor.7892

YA I’m sure they’ll do good on the revamp, and the lot that lobbied against it originally will go buy the new revamped with those pathetic smiles on their faces. Pride where the sun don’t shine.

At this point I’m not sure what you are on about. I’ll chalk it up to my lack of sleep I suppose.

The Burninator

Posted by: Neokolzia.5680

Neokolzia.5680

I’m Realling hoping they don’t remove this from the game and get rid of this amazing looking skin, I think it would be much fairer just to look in the future to make sure other races have their armor reskinned so that Everyone hoping to get their hands on other racial sets.

This is A Clear example of A net listening to a few people that are upset about the similarities, but now Anet has upset Soooo many more people that have Loved the armor are now upset

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

The biggest problem I have this armor is that it simply doesn’t live up to the quality I expect of a game. It’s not a stylistic choise, it simply is too far of what I expect a game should present to you. I can not support designers who willingly make you look like you’re working on a street corner.

A simple alteration to the armor would still leave it skimpy, but it’d remove the impure aspect of the armor.

Not buying it doesn’t solve the problem. This is not about me personally buying it.

The level of immaturity that is explicitely adhesive to the design of a showing underboob is one I do not wish to have in a high-standard game.
It also does not belong to the fantasy world that is Tyria.

Please keep this discussion civil and on topic.

The following attachment shows how to solve the problem without undermining the overall look and feeling of the armor.

Attachments:

(edited by eekzie.5640)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

It’s beautiful and I love it.

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

While I don’t think that particular armor is the most attractive outfit, I’m not really concerned about it being too risque. I don’t really see a connection between it and the quality of the game. It’s certainly more suggestive than most armors, but I see that as an issue of preference, rather than quality, and it’s a staggeringly small part of the game.

I’m against changing it because, hey, some people have already bought it and they like it the way it is. It’s a very small part of the game for everyone else, and not worth changing.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

I mean… Arena.net done did kittened up… where exactly the brain fart happened is irrelevant, this shouldn’t have happened.

That said, the players REALLY shouldn’t have lost their kitten, on either side, to the degree they did.

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

I don’t know about other people, but solely because of that armor piece alone makes me so want to have a lv 80 in either a Thief, Ranger, or Engineer.

So, I made Engineer, I deleted engineer, I made ranger, I deleted ranger, I made thief, I deleted thief, I made ranger, I made engineer, I deleted engineer, I made thief, I delete ranger, I made engineer.

Now, I have lv 60-ish Engineer. (almsot there !!)

Now, if you don’t like it. Well, that’s sad. Because it’s everywhere in your life. Either you will cut yourself off from it, or what, is up to you.

And because wearing a bra is totally fine, but underboob is wrong ?

Attachments:

(edited by Pyrasia.9281)

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Why is this up again? There is nothing wrong with that armor set and asking for a change because of personal ideals of a single person is not an option. (Yes they are just your personal feelings, not the be all end all truth)

Ask for more armor, not changes to those already there.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Why is this up again? There is nothing wrong with that armor set and asking for a change because of personal ideals of a single person is not an option. (Yes they are just your personal feelings, not the be all end all truth)

Ask for more armor, not changes to those already there.

^This x1000

They’ve already closed at least one other thread.

It all boils down to the fact that because you’re unhappy doesn’t mean everyone else is.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

In my culture it is considered exceedingly immoral to wear clothes that do not show any underboob. In fact, it is generally understood that it is most moral for women to wear no upper clothes at all, as to do otherwise would demonstrate disrespect and dishonesty for the female form.
I’m sorry, but I’m afraid that unless we make all armor-sets conform to my notions of what is acceptable and what isn’t, then I can no longer support Anet.
Please make sure your responses agree with me, or I will call them uncivil and off-topic.
The following picture shows my ideas for a moral, happy, and topless Tyria.
Thanks.

edit: I have removed the picture for reasons.

(edited by Requiem.8769)

eekzie.5640

It is not that I am unhappy about the armor.
I’m unhappy that they would allow this design to take part of the game.
It lowers the standard of quality that armor pieces have in game.

This is up again because the previous topic was closed as people couldn’t behave themselves. It’s already getting quite toxic in here because all of you seem to get the wrong impression of what I am expressing.

Please keep this on topic and clean.

This is not about me not liking the armor.
This is not what this topic is about.
So please, if you’ve got any comments regarding that keep it to yourself.

Requiem.8769

It is not that I am unhappy about the armor.
I’m unhappy that they would allow this design to take part of the game.
It lowers the standard of quality that armor pieces have in game.

This is up again because the previous topic was closed as people couldn’t behave themselves. It’s already getting quite toxic in here because all of you seem to get the wrong impression of what I am expressing.

Please keep this on topic and clean.

This is not about me not liking the armor.
This is not what this topic is about.
So please, if you’ve got any comments regarding that keep it to yourself.

So what is this topic about?
Again you speak of “this design” and “that standard of quality.”
I personally find it beautiful. Perhaps you should explain how you find it, first, and your reasoning for doing so.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The problem is that it really is about your personal opinion of the armor. You call it “impure.” Now, I personally don’t like it myself because having costumed for decades, I’m quite aware of what would happen the moment anyone wearing that got into Thiefly acrobatics. It wouldn’t only be the under part showing! It’s also an odd part of one’s assets to display.

Still, it doesn’t lower the quality. There are a lot of skimpy and a lot of non-skimpy available to suit a range of tastes. The detailing on that armor is a lot better than on some other cultural pieces (I’m still sad my Norn T1 Medium doesn’t have a dye channel on the dress for the trim and tassels, for instance, I think that lowers the quality).

The armor’s well made, you simply disagree with the design choice that went into the chest. Others are going to disagree with you on this. To you it doesn’t belong in Tyria. To me, Tyrians seem to have different cultural norms on what’s appropriate in formal settings from what many Earth societies through history have preferred. Noble humans show a lot of skin. Charr and Norn likewise — well, with Charr it’s fur. Heck, Sylvari put on clothes because it seems the thing to do, not out of any shame.

eekzie.5640

I personally find it beautiful. Perhaps you should explain how you find it, first, and your reasoning for doing so.

You might want to read what I’ve said then.
What I think of the armor itself is irrelevant to this topic.

Leo Paul.1659

I’m Realling hoping they don’t remove this from the game and get rid of this amazing looking skin, I think it would be much fairer just to look in the future to make sure other races have their armor reskinned so that Everyone hoping to get their hands on other racial sets.

This is A Clear example of A net listening to a few people that are upset about the similarities, but now Anet has upset Soooo many more people that have Loved the armor are now upset

Regardless of how polarized the community regarding the issue is, people still do appreciate the current T3 upgrade so I’m still hopeful that they will reintroduce the set eventually. It’ll be a waste not to bring back such a good design (imho).

eekzie.5640

The problem is that it really is about your personal opinion of the armor. You call it “impure.” Now, I personally don’t like it myself because having costumed for decades, I’m quite aware of what would happen the moment anyone wearing that got into Thiefly acrobatics. It wouldn’t only be the under part showing! It’s also an odd part of one’s assets to display.

Still, it doesn’t lower the quality. There are a lot of skimpy and a lot of non-skimpy available to suit a range of tastes. The detailing on that armor is a lot better than on some other cultural pieces (I’m still sad my Norn T1 Medium doesn’t have a dye channel on the dress for the trim and tassels, for instance, I think that lowers the quality).

The armor’s well made, you simply disagree with the design choice that went into the chest. Others are going to disagree with you on this. To you it doesn’t belong in Tyria. To me, Tyrians seem to have different cultural norms on what’s appropriate in formal settings from what many Earth societies through history have preferred. Noble humans show a lot of skin. Charr and Norn likewise — well, with Charr it’s fur. Heck, Sylvari put on clothes because it seems the thing to do, not out of any shame.

This is simply a matter of etiquette gone wrong. Overexposure in a way that is inappropriate for the game. There’s a line where something is too trashy, and this one goes over it. It’s no longer professional design to me anymore. It’s a joke.

You can discuss whether or not that is the case, but if it makes people feel like that you’ve got to show compassion towards them. Aside from it being inappropriate as well. It’s just too far beyond the suggestive spectrum.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

Requiem.8769

You might want to read what I’ve said then.
What I think of the armor itself is irrelevant to this topic.

You never wrote why. You described it as immature; something fit for women on street-corners. But you didn’t write why- and why is that?

eekzie.5640

You never wrote why. You described it as immature; something fit for women on street-corners. But you didn’t write why- and why is that?

Like I said, because it doesn’t fit in the game.
Quality wise. Etiquette wise. Design wise.

Posted by: Rhyse.8179

Rhyse.8179

GW2 has a much higher then normal range of armor styles to choose from. There’s skimpy, there’s teasing, there’s elegant, and there’s puritanical. There is at least one set from each category on the continuum for each armor class.*

Don’t like the style of one, don’t use it. The range of choice is great to have. A refreshing change from most MMO’s that don’t even allow for that much.

*-in the case of medium armor, probably exactly one choice each. The rest will all be trench coats.

“I care nothing for a festering industry that wantonly refuses to
provide a service that I’m willing to purchase.” – Fortuna.7259

Posted by: Pyrasia.9281

Pyrasia.9281

WHAT doesn’t fit in the game ? Boobs ? Underboobs ? Revealing clothes ? A tiny bit of nudity ? What doesn’t fit in the game ?

eekzie.5640

WHAT doesn’t fit in the game ? Boobs ? Underboobs ? Revealing clothes ? A tiny bit of nudity ? What doesn’t fit in the game ?

Up to a certain level it is acceptable, sure.
You don’t see me critisising those which are acceptable.
There’s plenty revealing armor in game that’s done the appropriate way.

The point being that this is offensive to certain people because it is too tacky is why it doesn’t fit in the game.

GW2 has a much higher then normal range of armor styles to choose from. There’s skimpy, there’s teasing, there’s elegant, and there’s puritanical. There is at least one set from each category on the continuum for each armor class.*

Don’t like the style of one, don’t use it. The range of choice is great to have. A refreshing change from most MMO’s that don’t even allow for that much.

*-in the case of medium armor, probably exactly one choice each. The rest will all be trench coats.

Like I said, it’s not about me personally using it.
It’s also not about other armors.
Please keep this on topic.

(edited by eekzie.5640)

Requiem.8769

Like I said, because it doesn’t fit in the game.
Quality wise. Etiquette wise. Design wise.

No, now you’re going in circles. You’re saying that it’s low-quality and that it lacks etiquette, because it’s low-quality and lacks etiquette. You’ve yet to say why.
Let’s review, shall we?

inappropriate

a joke

too trashy

overexposure

does not belong

impure

immaturity

It isn’t any of these things. Not to me. Women could wear 20 feet of sheets. That doesn’t make them any more mature, pure, or appropriate in my opinion. Fashion does not dictate morality.

This is not about me liking the armor. This is not what the topic is about.

Yes. Yes it is. All your arguments have been nothing more than personal and subjective statements about what is socially moral.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Up to a certain level it is acceptable, sure.

The point being that this is offensive to certain people because it is too tacky is why it doesn’t fit in the game.

Objective opinion =/= fact and one person’s distaste for an armor design isn’t enough reason to alter it. Sorry you feel breasts (or 1/3ish of one) are distasteful but obviously the majority of the game doesn’t agree or isn’t bothered enough by it to demand a change.

Is it silly and impractical for combat? Yes, but it’s hardly “immoral” in a game where we literally kill people for sport and the regular map chat content already makes this an inappropriate game for children.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

JustTrogdor.7892

Regardless of how polarized the community regarding the issue is, people still do appreciate the current T3 upgrade so I’m still hopeful that they will still reintroduce the set eventually. It’ll be a waste not to bring back such a good design (imho).

But it wasn’t a HT3 upgrade or it would have been marketed as such. It was a reskin with flames sold as a armor skin set on the gem store. It wasn’t labeled , “Human T3 Upgarde.”. In turn many HT3 owners asked to have it removed to maintain the integrity of their armor. IMO it wasn’t so much about that but that it was because it was HT3 that looked cooler. I would bet if Anet had said all HT3 owners would get the skin all this, “but it’s only for humans!” crying would have stopped.

You don’t get both. HT3 owners wanted it removed for the “integrity” of their armor. It will be gone and that will be the end if it. I’ve seen several posts across forums with, “Now can we have it?”. Sorry, no.

I have the current Flamekissed on my human as I type and I love it. I’m waiting to see what the revamp looks like and if it will indeed be, " something special" as was claimed. When the change occurs I’ll decide what I want and truly hope I like the new one better. However, you can’t say, “Get rid of it! But wait! It’s cool so give it to me later.”

Once it is gone if it comes back in some other fashion it will start a whole new mess and seriously anger those who bought it in the first place.

The Burninator

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

it all comes down to personal taste.

personally I don’t like the armor so I wont buy it, there for it doesn’t effect me at all

suggested fix, give the males underboob to >.<

eekzie.5640

(..)

You’ve made your spam clear. You can’t understand what I’m saying and I’m fine with that, but don’t take it personal and keep spamming.

The whole problem is that people find this offensive.
That is not subjective.
Then, my opinion is that people who are offended have a solid point to base their opinion on. It is indeed a tacky armor, and people can get offended by it.
Now comes in why this is posted in the discussion… Is it people overreacted or not.
I believe it is not. Whether you (or I) agree with them is irrelevant.
It is relevant whether or not it is an overreaction to this armor.
I’ve already explained why I don’t think this is the case.

Requiem.8769

(..)

You’ve made your spam clear. You can’t understand what I’m saying and I’m fine with that, but don’t take it personal and keep spamming.

The whole problem is that people find this offensive.
That is not subjective.
Then, my opinion is that people who are offended have a solid point to base their opinion on. It is indeed a tacky armor, and people can get offended by it.
Now comes in why this is posted in the discussion… Is it people overreacted or not.
I believe it is not. Whether you (or I) agree with them is irrelevant.
It is relevant whether or not it is an overreaction to this armor.
I’ve already explained why I don’t think this is the case.

As the Forums are my witness, I’ve been more than willing to listen to your arguments. I’ve left open questions in every post, waiting for your answers. You just haven’t given any.
You can try to discredit that, but fortunately our correspondence is open, and you won’t convince anyone.
Regardless, I’m still open; if you have reasoning behind your claims, share them. I’d be fascinated to hear them.