Forum next page bug +1

Forum next page bug +1 X2

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

[Merged]Why is there no bloodFX?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

Of course not. Seeing people get hacked with swords, axes and daggers, being set on fire and smashed with hammers… that’s fine. It’s the blood that causes the emotional trauma. Really. Lesson learned kids: You can shoot someone in real life, just avoid the blood!

I’ll never forget that one idiot a few years ago, asking for a “no blood” mod for CS so he could play it with his 9 year old girl at peace. Stabbing and shooting daddy in the face is just dandy, just no blood! God forbid we realize that the perfectly ordinary liquid that keeps up alive is bound to spill from our bodies if we puncture them.

I wonder what kind of hysterics do some people go through whenever they get a tiny cut that bleeds a bit.

Yet limbs dont get severed, skulls don’t smashed in, no big spurting blood pools everywhere you see. Its just not realistic enough. Some kids might imagine that Greatswords shoot lasers in real life. Think of the children. Dont let them turn into pansies who will faint at the sight of a RL maiming/torture/murder.

quality posts. trying to “protect” your kids(a better expression would be “keep ignorant of”) from the world around them is only gonna make them stupid

also people are way too weak nowadays, let them see blood every once in a while shall we?

srs

(edited by pullnointer.1476)

Posted by: Nekroseth.5186

Nekroseth.5186

I personally think its a abaut kitten time, this revolution of gaming starts.
Not to mention Gw2 alredy improved the whole genre, why not improve the whole gaming?

I mean c mon….Who cares for “ratings” . My 6-7 year old kids behave better and sen more things from this worlds cruel side, then some 40 year old fasts living in US, that flame and blame constantly in LoL.

Why is it a “drawback?” for gaming? I personally think its a graphical and expression drawnback. Considering “gore” is an expressive tool as moch as any other “effect” or anymation in gaming. BUT it has to be realistic, not overreacted. IT has not to splash araund like in a zombie movie. It might be even simbolic, if well made and gives the “gore” feeling.
Why do i say that? Because, if you see an extremely well made character and its textures (graphical engines are almost realistic now) you hit it with a sword, and get a red flashing effect….destroys the whole thing…..Not to mention the reaction of the “body”, it squirms a bit and thats all.
i pesonally like the engineers overcharged shot, because it throws him back to and it seems a bit realistic. The body physic is realistic, and thats how it should be in combat.
I dont mean it has to splish-splash each time you cut something…there would be rivers of blood. But 1 or 2 times it would be nice to se some parts fall of or atleast animations like in Dragon age (jump on the ogre and finish it off)

I still think this whole “oh the gore its so bad” is a fluffy dream american dreamed up, when in FACT they are the ones that varely seen anything cruel of this world.
we here in Eu are open minded and realize, “gore” is a part of life as exspecially in a game, where there is war and constant strifle for life.
(Sorry for my terrible english in advance)

I think its time for revolution and i support this 100%

Posted by: Azjenco.9425

Azjenco.9425

Which one do you prefer?

1)
Police: Why did you stab him with a sword?
Kid: Because it brings flashy sparkles

2)
Kid: Because it splashes blood

I’ll go with sparkles.

Or…
3)
Kid: Because I have some severe issues in my head, so I probably need to be locked up and receive professional help.

I’ll go with that one.

I’m all for the option to turn blood on/off. I just wish people would stop blaming the problems of the world on entertainment and start holding those responsible for heinous deeds accountable for their actions.

(edited by Azjenco.9425)

Posted by: Dedlaw.9130

Dedlaw.9130

Which one do you prefer?

1)
Kid: Because it brings flashy sparkles

2)
Kid: Because it splashes blood

I’ll go with sparkles.

Or…
3)
Kid: Because I have some severe issues in my head, so I probably need to be locked up and receive professional help.

I’ll go with that one.

4)
Kid: ~stabs police with sword~

Dedlaw – Fresh 80 Zerker Warrior
DODGE!!! – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I don’t miss blood in GW2
I have played games the where fairly gory and I like them too- DA:Origins comes to mind here but that was a very dark game compared to GW2.
To me blood would just not go with the aesthetic

As for the whole “kids” argument.
I have a 6 year old- I do not let her watch QuentinTarentino (or any other violent movie) because I think it is inappropriate for someone her age.

She knows what blood is, she is not sheltered at all and I will let her watch any RPG because she knows what that is too. She has no problem understanding that it is a fantasy setting- if it upsets her she will tell me and stop watching it.

I will not let her watch my husband play BF3 however because once again I don’t think it is appropriate.

Do I think that video games/ movies influence you?
To some extent but not to the extent that you go out and play happy with a chainsaw.

How parents raise their kids and the values they teach, or not, has a much much bigger impact.
As for nudity – I have no problem with it- it is how we look after all and there is nothing wrong with it. I had to teach my kid that she had to wear clothes when she goes out of the house

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Torqueblue.1945

Torqueblue.1945

What this again? Did you not get your answer from the last post you made about this?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-there-no-bloodFX/first

If you want blood effects so bad go play a game that has gore to your liking. Fallout 3/new vegas, splatterhouse, Gears of war. Pick one and go blood crazy.

Scotch and Pills, what could possibly go wrong? – Max Payne

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

There is no need whatsoever for them in this game. If something comes over me along the lines of this desire, I just fire up Diablo. It really doesn’t fit here.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

What this again? Did you not get your answer from the last post you made about this?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Why-is-there-no-bloodFX/first

If you want blood effects so bad go play a game that has gore to your liking. Fallout 3/new vegas, splatterhouse, Gears of war. Pick one and go blood crazy.

Wow this guy must really want some blood to make two threads about it in a week.

@OP, just take some red paint, put it on a paint brush and then flick it a few times at your monitor. Permanent blood, problem solved.

The Burninator

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

It got old with Mortal Kombat, really. ;p

Though there should be bleeding if the “bleeding” condition came along.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Jack of Tears.9458

Jack of Tears.9458

I don’ mind blood effects in games, but I really don’t see how the game would be improved by them either. I haven’t even noticed and I doubt most people have.

I’m sorry I stepped outta yer box, don’ worry, if
ya whine enough they’ll put me right back.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

It could potentially put the game into M rating ESRB territory.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Posted by: Kadub.8743

Kadub.8743

The digital blood bank is empty because none of the pixels want to donate.

Posted by: Puddles.6385

Puddles.6385

If you want blood effects done right, go play Age of Conan.

If you’d prefer a playable game, stick with GW2.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I could care less if there is blood or not(just more eye-candy), it’s a game.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

If your enjoyment of a game (or anything) can be measured by the amount of blood and violence and/or sexual stimulation in it, you need to seek psychological help.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

If you want blood effects done right, go play Age of Conan.

If you’d prefer a playable game, stick with GW2.

AoC plays just fine

But yeah, it has all of the blood and gore that you could want, it also has a rating of M so the market, presumably, is more limited than for GW2.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

It may not be a matter of taste and decency, but particle effect saturation. I play a necro and I already get frustrated sometimes when my own spells prevent me from seeing what’s going on (I’m looking at you, warhorn 5). don’t really want blood and guts on top of that.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: bob.5680

bob.5680

Every adult loves gore in their video games. The more realistic the more entertaining. Nevermind the actual gameplay thats for old people….

Every adult?? Speak for yourself, please. This adult has no desire to see blood. It would add nothing to the game for me (and detract much).