Mesmer Illusions

Mesmer Illusions

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Calx.4107

Calx.4107

Back when I started the game the Mesmer’s illusions looked like identical doubles of the player. As in, whatever gear your mesmer was wearing, the illusions had on the same gear.
Nowadays, the illusions all just look like genericly geared versions of whatever race you chose. Is this on purpose? Is it a permanent change?

Kind of dissapointed by the look of them.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!

Mesmer Illusions

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

That definitely isn’t the case across the board. All my illusions still appear as actual clones of myself (and others’ illusions appear as clones of them).

I believe illusions are affected by the settings which determine how many high-res player models can be loaded at any given time, since that’s essentially exactly what they are, additional player models being loaded by the game. They’re near the bottom of the graphics tab. Try setting those limits higher and that should let you see the actual clones again.

Mesmer Illusions

Posted by: Calx.4107

Calx.4107

Thank you that worked

Mesmer Illusions

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Just to be Captain Obvious, remember also the two types of illusions: Clones (who should look exactly like you) and Phantasms (who does not look like you).

Might be easy to forget.

Edit: great that you solved it!

(edited by Tanner Blackfeather.6509)

Mesmer Illusions

Posted by: TitaniumBovine.9674

TitaniumBovine.9674

Just to be Captain Obvious, remember also the two types of illusions: Clones (who should look exactly like you) and Phantasms (who does not look like you).

Might be easy to forget.

Edit: great that you solved it!

Phantasms still look exactly like you, just transparent.