Mesmers are way too OP

Mesmers are way too OP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

As title says,, i do tournament play and mesmers do 7 confusion on me,, i cant even block without killing myself.. what is this for crap

Who made this confusion..

Please remove the dmg on skill change for engineers.. its just impossible to play this way.. and u guys wonder why Spvp isnt popular lol

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

(edited by Magnetron.5823)

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Shootsfoot.9276

Shootsfoot.9276

You sound…..confused.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: FLFW.3105

FLFW.3105

I also heard some rumors that thiefs might be a bit too strong also… you are 6months late m8

GuildWars 2 is good game with bad management.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: CorruptedSave.2570

CorruptedSave.2570

Nerf necros while you are at it. /sarcasm

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: stobie.2134

stobie.2134

I was just going to say that I think he cast confusion on us.

Also – ignore this confused guy! My mesmer is very happy. However, I’d love to see my little Asura engineer buffed. And my ranger.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

this is a joke post right? I find mesmers SEVERELY UP (under powered)

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

There’s a rumor that conditions can be removed, transferred, etc… I’ll need to look into that. Oh wait… I play a mesmer main… it’s all true! What’s fun is taking three boons from someone and trading them for three of your conditions… but I remember when Arcane Thievery traded all boons for conditions. Those were good times. I’d watch for a guardian (iirc) to blow his “give me all boons” thing… yep, good times.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mesmers are way too OP

Magnetron.5823

Well i aint find it fun playing vs them. So now i want a fix

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Salacious.7358

Salacious.7358

well you dont get a fix.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Poppyspy.5917

Poppyspy.5917

Interestingly enough, confusion is half damage in sPvP compared with the rest of the game.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Confusion

BUT

Confusion can be removed with condition removal… classes such as the mage who have super condition removals are pretty much close to immune to it.

Confusion in PvE stinks because npcs don’t attack fast enough, It is pretty good in WvW because you don’t have the half damage penalty like in sPvP. But experienced players know not to attack when they see that purple haze around their characters head. It really comes down to having the experience in dealing with it.

I seriously think it should do the same damage as WvW and PvE. The fact that they fudged the sPvP equation for half damage, means that they obviously were worried about it, however it’s defensive, reactionary, and the big stacks of it come from shattering which is largely hard to control the results of.

It takes practice to get good at mesmer confusion. So I’m pretty sure you just got out played.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: jazzllanna.1278

jazzllanna.1278

I can get a confusion stack to hit maybe over 1k on a person if they have no idea what they are doing usually it is only for 1-300. Bleeds and burning do that as well you know if you don’t do something about it.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

I seriously think it should do the same damage as WvW and PvE. The fact that they fudged the sPvP equation for half damage, means that they obviously were worried about it, however it’s defensive, reactionary, and the big stacks of it come from shattering which is largely hard to control the results of.

Correction, they didn’t fudge the sPvP equation for half damage.

They doubled the WvWvW and PvE Confusion damage. sPvP Confusion is what all Confusion damage used to be.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Uh, PLEASE nerf us mesmers morrrrrrrrre, can’t wait for it…

Really?

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

@ The OP , You have 2 choices : 1 remove the condition or 2 run like logan thackery

[WM]give us in game ladder

Mesmers are way too OP

Magnetron.5823

Well those homing missile from the clones every 3 seconds is very annoying for a engineer.. i cant even switch to my block without beeing damaged. I cant shoot them cause that damages me too.. i can try to run but they just fire more homing missile on me.. so i just stand still let them kill me and avoid them on the next time i see them.

Ty for all the tips! ow wait nbody even gave one..

PS: Homing missle = Clone

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: WickedOTen.3219

WickedOTen.3219

warriors are too OP. they wear too much armor and i can’t get around that. OMG! they have a shield! even more armor!! way too OP!!

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Interestingly enough, confusion is half damage in sPvP compared with the rest of the game.

Probably because mobs attack once per year while players will often use 2-3 skills per second.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Avecess.8513

Avecess.8513

A more productive thread would have been “Help me overcome confusion.”
Maybe then people would be more helpful.

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Well those homing missile from the clones every 3 seconds is very annoying for a engineer.. i cant even switch to my block without beeing damaged. I cant shoot them cause that damages me too.. i can try to run but they just fire more homing missile on me.. so i just stand still let them kill me and avoid them on the next time i see them.

How do you know it’s a clone?

#TeamJadeQuarry

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

As title says,, i do tournament play and mesmers do 7 confusion on me,, i cant even block without killing myself.. what is this for crap

Who made this confusion..

Please remove the dmg on skill change for engineers.. its just impossible to play this way.. and u guys wonder why Spvp isnt popular lol

Well I did spend a little bit of planning when I made my confusion extend and made glamour skills cause confusion and blindness and all that. I couldn’t even tell you offhand what i’m running, but nearly everything causes confusion.

Makes me think of the old VOR builds you’d trap people with.

Attachments:

Elyl Jrend

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: ophidic.1279

ophidic.1279

warriors are too OP. they wear too much armor and i can’t get around that. OMG! they have a shield! even more armor!! way too OP!!

Bwahahahaha!

Elyl Jrend

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: Durian.5419

Durian.5419

Here’s a tip: Cleaning Formula 409. Elixer Gun, stand in Super Elixer field. Healing Turret, use it’s overcharge to remove your conditions. You have options.

Remove the conditions.

Takkek Twicechosen, bone-collecting ranger of Plague[SICK]

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

My Engy is only 31 and I don’t do PvP/WvWvWvWhatever.

That disclosure out of the way:
Elixer C: Turns all conditions into Boons
The Alchemy trait line with -20% Elixir recharge, +20% Duration, 8% chance to turn incoming conditions in to boons, the 30 point trait where you become immune to conditions at 25% health, or the other trait where conditions are removed from targets affected by your elixirs, like your healing Elixir H.

Elixir S breaks stuns and evades attacks as well which would help with the running away thing. The goggles also break stun.

You want to PvP? Gotta make the sacrifices. I don’t want to PvP

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Mesmers are way too OP

Posted by: CassieGold.7460

CassieGold.7460

I don’t sPvP, so maybe this is a noob response, but is there any reason that the condition can’t be quickly dumped?

the presence of enough clones to apply significant stacks of confusion should tip you off to the mesmer on the field…..

I know when I see things that tend to stack large amounts of bleed, I’ll tank out the weakness or other conditions so I can dump the bleed when the large amount of stacks hit…. the surprise is when it hits, not if it’s going to happen.

What profession are you playing Magnetron, so we can give more specific advice.

LVL 80’s: Thief / Warrior / Guardian / Mesmer