Message To MO

Message To MO

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

While I don’t know you personally, so I can only say this in the perspective of a player seeing your actions and decisions based on the game’s history. You my friend have an iron will and nerves of steel. Yes it’s a compliment. The way you have maneuvered this game wasn’t only unexpect, but risky…..very risky. To be honest, at this moment I have to say, good job. This game is being handled very well. I can’t wait to see what there is in store, but if it’s guided by you, I’m sure it will be…..exciting and possibly unexpected.

Message To MO

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

heh, half expansion Mike. Yeah this should be interesting :P

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Message To MO

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I don’t know, missing legendary armor, so far, and a bit over half the legendary weapons. The only other thing even mentioned was Fractal Leaderboards. Everything else was delivered, so I’m not sure why people think that’s half.

Aside from that, I think Mo is doing a good job with the game. I agree he’s made some tough decisions, but I’m pretty sure tough decisions had to be made.

The real poof either way, will be the next expansion.

Message To MO

Posted by: susana.7814

susana.7814

I don’t know, missing legendary armor, so far, and a bit over half the legendary weapons. The only other thing even mentioned was Fractal Leaderboards. Everything else was delivered, so I’m not sure why people think that’s half.

Aside from that, I think Mo is doing a good job with the game. I agree he’s made some tough decisions, but I’m pretty sure tough decisions had to be made.

Because HOT was literally 4 maps and systems that should have been included with the game at launch, and if not at launch, added over time free of charge

Message To MO

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

Because HOT was literally 4 maps and systems that should have been included with the game at launch, and if not at launch, added over time free of charge

He does have a point ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BUT on MO’s defense it was a FEATURE Xpac, NOT a content Xpac. I mean thats why im basically saying MO has balls. It was risky, but it worked out for the best.

Message To MO

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

For all we know the rest of the legendary weapons and legendary armor might have been already released and we just don’t know it yet because Mo refuses to say kitten to build hype.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Message To MO

Vayne.8563

For all we know the rest of the legendary weapons and legendary armor might have been already released and we just don’t know it yet because Mo refuses to say kitten to build hype.

Sure, but that’s not relevant to what I’m saying. It’s far far more than half of what they announced. Probably over 90% of it.

Message To MO

Vayne.8563

Why is that? Why should those four maps have been included in the game or given away for free, considering they’re the most detailed and complex maps we have?

Message To MO

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

HoT promised 4 maps; delivered 4 maps. It promised feature to make future expansions easier; it delivered that.

You can’t say that “systems should have been included at launch” are a “failed promise”, only that your expectations weren’t met.

Disliking HoT or feeling it’s a poor value doesn’t mean ANet failed to deliver what they promised; it only means they didn’t deliver what you hoped.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Message To MO

Posted by: susana.7814

susana.7814

Why is that? Why should those four maps have been included in the game or given away for free, considering they’re the most detailed and complex maps we have?

the maps shouldnt have been given away free, the systems that came with HOT should have.

The maps may well be what was promised, I never said they didn’t deliver on those. but it was not nearly enough to call it an expansion or justify the price tag. My point about that was thats why so many of us feel that it was " half an expac"

Message To MO

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’m impressed with MO. I think he is well on the way to getting the game back on track after the HoT derailment. Thumbs up from me.

Message To MO

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I thought HoT was rather pricy for what we got however I was willing to pay it for 4 reasons.
1) they explained it was content light but laid the foundation for the rest of the game onward with its mastery system and elite specs
2) it was needed to continue with the Living Story episodes which would be between expansions 1 and 2.
3) I am expecting the future expansions to be content heavy
4) if I’m going to continue to play the game then I’m going to want to play the expansion. I’m not going to want to sit on the side replaying 4, 5 or 6 year old vanilla content while everyone else is exploring new maps.

That said I’m pleased with the current Living Story setup with new maps and story lines and I’m looking forward to the next expansion. And if I look at the cost of HoT and the time I’ve spent playing since then, it’s quite a reasonable price.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Message To MO

Posted by: Manthas.6234

Manthas.6234

Sure, but that’s not relevant to what I’m saying. It’s far far more than half of what they announced. Probably over 90% of it.

You must admit, 92% expansion Mike doesn’t sound as cool as half expansion Mike.

Message To MO

Vayne.8563

the maps shouldnt have been given away free, the systems that came with HOT should have.

The maps may well be what was promised, I never said they didn’t deliver on those. but it was not nearly enough to call it an expansion or justify the price tag. My point about that was thats why so many of us feel that it was " half an expac"

And yet if you played a game like WoW you’d be paying for an expansion and 2 years worth of monthly fees between expansions, during which not much is released.

That’s the issue with this whole ZOMG the expansion was so expensive for four maps. I don’t know about you but I got 8 maps. Because there have been four maps of the Living Story, which I also got free, in addition to the story.

I said from day one that the expansion was like an expansion and a season pass, and I that opinion hasn’t changed.

People who look at only what’s in the box and nothing else, are missing half the expansion themselves. That’s not Anet’s fault.

It’s too bad people are so trained by other games that they can’t actually see that the expansion didn’t just include what was in the box, but everything that came after until the next expansion.

Maybe people need to play more “free to play games” that require huge investments to continue, or play a sub game before they start talking about value.

Message To MO

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

fractal leaderboards ;-;

Message To MO

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I confess I still can’t understand how people can value quantity over quality so much.

All the 4 initial HoT maps are incredibly beautiful, the only one I feel was lacking in content is Dragon Stand. The other three are just amazingly complex, full of tasks to do, lore-bits, npcs, stories and dialogues, challenging enemies, exploration puzzles, easter eggs, coordinated metas, etc. They are simply superior to any other “map” in the MMORPG market afaik.

In other thread someone used the correct word: Some people seems to be interested, not in all the fun things you can do in a map, but in mere “Landmass”. I can’t understand it.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

(edited by Ardid.7203)

Message To MO

zealex.9410

I confess I still can’t understand how people can value quantity over quality so much.

All the 4 initial HoT maps are incredibly beautiful, the only one I feel was lacking in content is Dragon Stand. The other three are just amazingly complex, full of tasks to do, lore-bits, npcs, stories and dialogues, challenging enemies, exploration puzzles, easter eggs, coordinated metas, etc. They are simply superior to any other “map” in the MMORPG market afaik.

The in other thread the correct word: Some people seems to be interested, not in all the fun things you can do in a map, but in mere “Landmass”. I can’t understand it.

I dont think many ppl dont apriciate them for what they are its just that for the next expac we could have 6 maps like the hot ones tbh ^^

Message To MO

zealex.9410

ppl dont seem to understand one think, thats maybe this might be their first mmo. Expansions are not 1 time releases expansion are the whole period between expac 1 and 2 what ever comes after 2 or 3 months from the launch of the expac is paid with that expac. No game delivers an expac only with its on release content you pay for the months to come yet. Why hot failed was because for 9 months nothing came but not because it was poor on release

Message To MO

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

Don’t the LS maps count as expansion content? After all, you can’t play them without HoT, right? So right now there are 8 HoT maps by my reckoning.

Message To MO

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

Don’t the LS maps count as expansion content? After all, you can’t play them without HoT, right? So right now there are 8 HoT maps by my reckoning.

I suppose that view is debatable. You have to log in during the living story release to actually unlock the episodes. So, anyone who is new that buys the HoT expansion now won’t get any of those current new maps besides Lake Doric and anyone who decides to buy the expansion after the living story won’t unlock any of the other maps besides the original 4 HoT maps. By their reasoning, i’m sure they would completely disagree with you. They bought the HoT expansion and got 4 maps. So, would they consider the rest of the maps “part” of the expansion? Of course not. The only way I would say maps come with the expansion is if you pay for the expansion, then you guaranteed to get those maps. However, regardless, this is kind of beyond the point. I greatly enjoyed the HoT expansion. However, I still know that if the next expansion costs $50 and doesn’t come out with at least 6 of the non Dragon stand type HoT maps than gw2 is going to be in big trouble and a lot of people are going to leave the game. This is probably going to happen regardless of how much I enjoyed HoT or how much I will enjoy the next expansion. This is the reason I believe they really better take their time with the next expansion and make sure it can draw people into the game (in contrast with pushing people away).

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

Message To MO

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

And yet if you played a game like WoW you’d be paying for an expansion and 2 years worth of monthly fees between expansions, during which not much is released.

That’s the issue with this whole ZOMG the expansion was so expensive for four maps. I don’t know about you but I got 8 maps. Because there have been four maps of the Living Story, which I also got free, in addition to the story.

I said from day one that the expansion was like an expansion and a season pass, and I that opinion hasn’t changed.

People who look at only what’s in the box and nothing else, are missing half the expansion themselves. That’s not Anet’s fault.

It’s too bad people are so trained by other games that they can’t actually see that the expansion didn’t just include what was in the box, but everything that came after until the next expansion.

Maybe people need to play more “free to play games” that require huge investments to continue, or play a sub game before they start talking about value.

I went back for the last WoW expansion, I only paid for the first month I went back before the expansion released, after that I made more than enough gold to buy the monthly sub tokens for 5 months of playtime plus I have an extra 5-6 tokens for whenever I want to go back. But much like gw2 these days, you don’t have to play every month to keep up, just go back for major content release.

The amount of content they also released with their expansion puts the gw2 expansion to shame, for basically the same price. One of the problems of content comparisons I can see is a lot of players for gw2 haven’t played much else in mmo’s, a group of those came from gw1, and so they don’t really know the real worth of content you get from other games and why they have a difficult time understanding why people are complaining about content they are paying $60 for when it’s probably worth $40. Maybe if Anet had released 4-5 brand new fractals or dungeons (not revamps) with the initial release you wouldn’t see as much complaints, wow has also already released more raids than gw2 did, and still more to come.

And if people want to make the excuse but subs!, what do people think gem sales pay for? not the same things as subs?

It’s at least worth more when you start to compare season passes for other games which are getting to ridiculous levels of price to content, The Division was one of the first to charge $40 for a season pass, and the amount of content you get from that is rather pathetic. Season pass is becoming one of the biggest ripoffs paying a year in advance for content and getting much less than anticipated, I’m never buying another season pass or incomplete expansion that’s for sure.

As for the price for content not including just the box, a year and half past the expansion and still not all the legendary weapons or armors have been release, they are still being worked on, they haven’t even delivered regardless of what was suppose to be in or out of the box. That’s content that’s been paid for even by players who are probably not even playing these days and so didn’t even get that content delivered to them. Living story as someone else mentioned, if you haven’t been here for every release you lose out on that and have to pay for it afterwards, even though it’s something already paid for by those accounts.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)