Meteorlogicus, what profession to use?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

Hi guys, i made meteorlogicus a few months ago and frankly i made a mistake. My main is a guardian and everyone knows scepters are useless on guardians. (maybe not with roaming but i gvg/wvw a lot with a guild)

Also there doesn’t seem to be any plans to add an item to the gemstore to unbound an item so i cannot sell it in the foreseeable future.

My question is: What profession would be the best choice if i wanted to play WvW in guildzerging, gvg and pugzerging that uses a scepter frequently? (damage orientated, not so much support as i do that already)

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Ele is probably the only one that uses scepter for direct damage. Necro scepter is condi, mesmer scepter is subpar, and guardian doesn’t have enough weapon slots for scepter (hammer, gs, staff, sword are all better).

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

I agree with Ele. It also seems to suit ele the best, in my opinion. It’s nature themed and astronomy themed and now it has lightning foot falls.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Another vote for ele, both because it fitst better scepter with the playstyle you describe, and also because I’ve always felt that meterologicus is the most elementalist looking weapon currently in the game..

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Sandra Martino.3870

Sandra Martino.3870

So playing as a damage orientated elementalist is viable or at least competitive with d/d and staff ele`s in a zerging playstyle?

What kind of spells do they use? single/aoe? and whats about the range on ele scepter spells?

Still Feeling Lucky [PunK] – Gunnars Hold
Recruiting necros & guardians. Whisper ingame.

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Look for phantaram’s s/d build as the basis. You can tweak it to be more survivable or more bursty depending on your playstyle.