Midsommer Solstice

Midsommer Solstice

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

With all the complaints of festival draught in the summer time of the year, because face it; Halloween, wintersday, lunar New year, are like vertebrae back to back, i came with the following idea.

End of June is a day we call Midsommar, or Summer’s Solstice, otherwise known as the longest day (shortest night)
And what better day to celebrate the summer.

The festival will have two components:

1) we befriended the Itzel and Nuhoch I the jungle, as well the native Hylek in tyria, they worship the Sun; Ameyalli.
A) build fires to honour the sun
B) participate in brawls to prove your prowess

2) the zehyrites will rebuild as well. They will hold a festival to recollect materials and gold to build a new airship.

To you, anet, you now have a whole year to make this for next summer, no excuses

Midsommer Solstice

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

id love if the queen’s arena thingy with the bosses returned for the summer. Or like a throwback week where we have lw1 events play out for a week.

Midsommer Solstice

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

I’d prefer it if they “advanced” the story of Southsun Cove, turned it into a proper map with lots of PoI, vistas and events, pacified the Karka a little (still keep the Queen in the corner somewhere, of course) and held a beach festival there.

It’s a map that just begs to be developed further, and with the summer festival drought, two birds can be killed with one stone.