Mini Expansion: Vengeance

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

This is a suggestion for a smaller sized expansion addressing what the commander did during the respite after Mordy’s death and S3. (and also makes Zhaitan and Mordy seem better) , as well as fill in a few places it may be otherwise difficult to explain visiting. Basically there are two separate shorter length stories

Mordremoth’s Final Plan
and
Zhaitan’s Retribution

Mordy chapters give us remaining gaps in the jungle and address Malyck’s tree as the biggest blighting tree in the Shadow Grove (which is still making mordrem guard, and is a major plot point), why Magus Falls was a name but isn’t (subsection name), and more mapping and Rata Novus story, etc, anything else in the area. Basically mordremoth understands how magic works, and if he dies, his magic will go all over. Attemping to preserve a reputation after death, he arranges a contingency in the form of a dragon minion intentionally given free will, and is informed never to reveal himself to enemies (the Pact), and, if mordy dies, absorb as much magic as he can, and, minimum, keep the primary Shadow Tree functional. Includes minor characters and PC dismantling mordremoth;s final attempt at power, but sets up mordrem guard character to return years later as a character with actual intelligence. As this is before S3, WE don’t learn the magic thing yet though, but we know mordremoth’s whole process by a cutscene in the past (or something better).

Zhaitan chapter starts with Tequatl reappearing after years, and us tracking him to the Sunburned Waves, and killing him finally, and investigating how the risen still function, getting us closer to Taimi’s revelation in S3 (and how we’re just, like, “ok”.) we journey into the ancient orrian catacombs in search of the Vizier’s spellbook (not the lost scrolls he sank orr with, unless that fits better but I don’t think it does). He has information on controlling undead, which, though Risen are different, we hope we can use to shut them down forever. In the end, it only kinda works, and we slow down the risen even more that post Zhaitan, but can’t finish the job as it leads into S3, Eir’s memorial. Also It’d be cool if we saw that Forgal and Tybalt are prominent leaders now (priory sylvari can’t be corrupted but maybe she lived if you wanna bring them all back), and we also put them down.

Basically thse stories give more depth to the “lacking” dragons, hints at the larger story, has maps and little lore bits, and doesn’t require the premium VO of the main NPCs, and also give us a break from em. (._.)

This’d include two reasonably sized ach categories, and through some of those (and map currencies – Residual Mind Magic and Residual Death Magic, or UM), we unlock the Mordremoth weapon set, Zhaitain and Risen weapon sets, and since mordrem exists, we have a chance to drop them there. And also Zhaitain wings, Shadow of the Dragon wings, and Mordremoth wings, with gliders, and a glider for Teq wings. Also give us Mordrem, Mordremoth, Zhaitain, and Risen armors. BUT PLEASE!! Make only ONE version for each set and let if be usable by all armor weights, BUT DO NOT MAKE IT AN OUTFIT! Armor weights are now invalid (if you don’t get why, the primary reason is outfits). Also Zhaitan and Mordremoth tracks for WVW/PVP (giving whatever skins drop not from achs). and only 2 mastery tracks (if that, we don’t NEED any), one for each dragon type. and of course, minis. I’d say at least: Zhaitain mini, Shadow of the Dragon mini, Mouth of Mordremoth mini, Mordremoth mini, Risen Tybalt mini, Risen Forgal mini. IDK what else, maybe Vizier ghost if that becomes part of it? otherwise not much.. Malyck maybe, and one for the new intelligent mordrem – or wait until it returns.

Well, if this has 5 maps, 4 armors, 3 backs, 4 gliders, 3 weapon sets, 7 minis, 2 tracks, 2 mastery tracks,dialogue (only PC and minor chars tho), and achievements, what’s missing? how is it a mini expansion? well..

First, it has NO new features or ANY changes to existing ones. HoT had more feature than future ones will, but I imagine they’ll all have at least ONE major feature or feature rework.. This doesn’t. NO guild halls, elite specs, professions (or whatever fills the profession gap content wise in the future), no fractals, no legendaries, no WVW/PVP maps/features, only 2 masteyr tracks instead of 5-6, and no recording with expensive main characters.

Basically this’d be an awesome set of maps, skins, and story buff for lore freaks (me) and make 2 meh dragons better. Would take a while as it’d be a side project, but if you charge half the standard expac price, you’d make plenty of profit back. Pls here’s a edited photo of the maps and names.

Attachments:

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: Fenom.9457

Fenom.9457

also idk why my signature doesn’t show

it only shows on comments after the change, ok

Want to read about a nice mini expansion to make Mordremoth and Zhaitan better?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Mini-Expansion-Vengeance/first#post6473305

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would love this, but I highly doubt we will get it