Mini Mystical Dragon NA release?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

[&AgH+pwAA] Title says it all will this release for NA/EU?

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Possibly not. So far it’s only in the Chinese client and tied to their VIP system.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mini_Mystical_Dragon
Acquisition
Chinese version only – reaching level 13 of the VIP system.

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Yea i read that but.. you don’t understand… i really want it like can we get a dev on this post to confirm if its coming out?

Astral Projections.7320

Well good luck. By the way, it’s after midnight where they are. It’s possible one might be reading the forum who also has permission to hand out information on the forum about future release of items, but imo the odds are low.

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

:/ fingers crossed hoping!

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Won’t get a direct answer.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I really wish. But this is like the third or fourth thread about the mini. Never once has there been an answer.

And I think that’s answer enough, don’t you?

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

What I don’t get is what’s the point in putting it in everyone’s Wardrobe if only the Chinese market can get it. Doesn’t make sense.

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

I agree 100% with you, it just seems like a huge tease.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Cmon Anet… tell me one good reason why my Ranger doesn’t NEED this mini…

Attachments:

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

Yea it makes zero sense for us not to get it.

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Chinese get easy Legendary, exclusive minis and such.
What do we get then? Nothing?

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Chinese get easy Legendary, exclusive minis and such.
What do we get then? Nothing?

less grind and no need to pay a subscription? I really wouldn’t want to be playing the Chinese version. Seems nothing like GW2.

Posted by: Image.8630

Image.8630

SOOOOO unfair we cant get it. Why only China?

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

i really just want an official statement from a dev :C

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Possibly not. So far it’s only in the Chinese client and tied to their VIP system.

Acquisition

If it’s tied to the VIP system, I’d guess that the reason is that Anet is trying to avoid a backlash from Chinese players, if they saw that NA/EU players could just buy it directly from the gemstore.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

I never cared for mini’s. I immediately sell them on the TP every time I get one. They mean absolutely nothing to me.

BUT THIS. THIS… I WANT. I WOULD PAY $$$. I WOULD DO ALL THE RNG IF I HAD TO. PLS ANET.

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Astral Projections.7320

Acquisition

If it’s tied to the VIP system, I’d guess that the reason is that Anet is trying to avoid a backlash from Chinese players, if they saw that NA/EU players could just buy it directly from the gemstore.

That’s pretty much my thoughts too. If they can only get it with their VIP system then it’s a special reward for reaching that level. They are not going to think it fair if it’s put in our system as an easily obtainable item. Even if it made as a 1:200,000 drop they can still object as NA/EU can get it without paying real money.

Aomine.5012

I find it funny though.
People are saying Chinese server will object because of the silly VIP thing.
But the NA server is already strongly objecting for the exclusiveness of the mini pet.

So the question comes to this:
Do you think a few Chinese whiners are more important than the potential large quantity of NA people who’ll most likely pay for at most 800 gems for that minipet?

So what if Chinese is whining, so what? Are they going to just quit the game?

Think it this way, would you quit GW2 just because the minipet is exclusive to Chinese? Not likely right?
The same goes to Chinese too, they won’t quit just because they need to be VIP to get the mini-pet.

So instead of caring about those Chinese VIP whiners, why not care about all the NA server’s players, which is MUCH larger in population compare to Chinese VIP?
You want to enrage more NA players just to please a few Chinese VIP?

Do not talk about “fairness” when it’s only exclusive for one side.
Either option would be unfair to one group of people, but the company should choose the more profitable one.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Nah all whiners are equally precious an special.

Nurgle The Vile One.2138

I find it funny though.
People are saying Chinese server will object because of the silly VIP thing.
But the NA server is already strongly objecting for the exclusiveness of the mini pet.

So the question comes to this:
Do you think a few Chinese whiners are more important than the potential large quantity of NA people who’ll most likely pay for at most 800 gems for that minipet?

So what if Chinese is whining, so what? Are they going to just quit the game?

Think it this way, would you quit GW2 just because the minipet is exclusive to Chinese? Not likely right?
The same goes to Chinese too, they won’t quit just because they need to be VIP to get the mini-pet.

So instead of caring about those Chinese VIP whiners, why not care about all the NA server’s players, which is MUCH larger in population compare to Chinese VIP?
You want to enrage more NA players just to please a few Chinese VIP?

Do not talk about “fairness” when it’s only exclusive for one side.
Either option would be unfair to one group of people, but the company should choose the more profitable one.

i agree with this whole heartily

Although i must say im loving the attention this threads getting. pokes anet developers

Posted by: JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

JanNier Kryn Yaren.7968

I call this kittycat evilness, it’s bad enough they sold gw1 end game skins on the gem store after quitting gw1 and NOT finishing guild wars beyond project, due to lack of developers numbers, to make RNG chest kitcatmewomewoImaCat but now this as mini that is exclusive to their side?
After the key farm “nerf” new player experience was solely made for them due to the OBVIOUS reasons, i find this extremely beyond reason offensive to the community that supported Anet.

Posted by: citypigeon.6358

citypigeon.6358

I really need this min-pet. Anet, I beg.

IGN: zestalyn
zestalyn.tumblr

Ardenwolfe.8590

Given the other, more recent thread, was trashed, it’s pretty clear they’re seeing all these threads about the mini-dragon. But it’s also becoming crystal clear what the answer is too.

Alas . . . it’ll be the mini none of us on this side of the pond will get.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Given the other, more recent thread, was trashed, it’s pretty clear they’re seeing all these threads about the mini-dragon. But it’s also becoming crystal clear what the answer is too.

To be fair the reason why the other one was trashed was due to the tone rather than the subject itself.

But then again, it is quite unlikely we would get it over here, considering it is tied to the VIP system.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Ardenwolfe.8590

True enough, Krall. True enough.

Gone to Reddit.

Aomine.5012

To be fair the reason why the other one was trashed was due to the tone rather than the subject itself.

But then again, it is quite unlikely we would get it over here, considering it is tied to the VIP system.

Like I said, do those VIP pay more than the whole NA community combine?
Not likely right?

So if I’m the company, I’d say: go kitten yourself you Chinese VIP, I want more money from the NA server!

It is irrational to protect just a few players’ right, sacrificing the rest of the much larger community don’t you think?

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

I don’t care what the reason is behind it. We should get this mini, It’s bad enough there are already vanilla armor skins in this game that have been unobtainable for the last year almost. NOW THIS ?

Pretty much the way im seeing this is the chinese players are being favored over everyone else. Everyone should be up in arm’s over this because what’s next ? Exclusive armors weapons and legendaries chinese only BS !

-Ironcurtain

Mirta.5029

Not likely right?

I don’t know. China is a bigger market and they’re paying a sub monthly. How many people you know spend 15 dollars a month on Guild Wars 2?

Aomine.5012

Not likely right?

I don’t know. China is a bigger market and they’re paying a sub monthly. How many people you know spend 15 dollars a month on Guild Wars 2?

I’m talking about VIP alone because it’s a VIP privilege right?

Mirta.5029

VIP is a sub. You’re paying around 1300 gems a month for it and there’s rewards for keeping it going for certain amount of weeks/ months. Do you want that system here too? Do you want to pay 30 gems per identifying an unidentified dye? Do you want basic features removed from the game? Because that’s what China is getting. If you ask me they deserve more than just a mini.

Aomine.5012

VIP is a sub. You’re paying around 1300 gems a month for it and there’s rewards for keeping it going for certain amount of weeks/ months. Do you want that system here too? Do you want to pay 30 gems per identifying an unidentified dye? Do you want basic features removed from the game? Because that’s what China is getting. If you ask me they deserve more than just a mini.

So just because a few people is paying more, the rest of the NA has to sacrifice?

Plus I’m pretty sure some ppl here spend way more than them each month.
I personally purchase at least 1~2 things (which is 600~1600 gems) if they release some good stuffs. The mystic dragon could very well be 800 gem, and probably a few hundred thousand NA will buy it.

Mirta.5029

So just because a few people is paying more, the rest of the NA has to sacrifice?

not a few people. The whole of China’s player base is getting straight up ripped off. Their game version is more restricted, more grindy, has less items (for example only 9 haircuts when customizing a character, no living story season 1 at all) and you have to pay more (for example for identifying dyes).

You have a lot more than Chinese players get. Now stop acting entitled. If there’s a reward for keeping your sub on for an amount of months, then they have the full right to make it exclusive.

Also Anet knows where the money is. If it was more profitable to stick to NA, then China and EU wouldn’t even have had the game.

Ardenwolfe.8590

Keep it civil, guys. I like me a mini-dragon too, but let’s not start throwing stones over it.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Also Anet knows where the money is. If it was more profitable to stick to NA, then China and EU wouldn’t even have had the game.

Yeah, only they don’t. Considering how NCSoft’s quaterly report mentioned how much of a failure the China release was, even after ArenaNet spent all that time and energy to adapt the game to the Chinese market (or try to adapt, at least), it’s clear that ArenaNet doesn’t really know where the money is.

Mirta.5029

Yeah, only they don’t. Considering how NCSoft’s quaterly report mentioned how much of a failure the China release was, even after ArenaNet spent all that time and energy to adapt the game to the Chinese market (or try to adapt, at least), it’s clear that ArenaNet doesn’t really know where the money is.

perhaps they shouldn’t have tried to rip the players off then eh?

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

perhaps they shouldn’t have tried to rip the players off then eh?

Indeed.

Aomine.5012

not a few people. The whole of China’s player base is getting straight up ripped off. Their game version is more restricted, more grindy, has less items (for example only 9 haircuts when customizing a character, no living story season 1 at all) and you have to pay more (for example for identifying dyes).

You have a lot more than Chinese players get. Now stop acting entitled. If there’s a reward for keeping your sub on for an amount of months, then they have the full right to make it exclusive.

Here comes another “fairness bias” of human ideology.

I’ll put this term in simple term for you. It means that people will willing to sacrifice something to make other people suffer the same because “that’s the fairer option”, even though you gain nothing from being “fair”.

Why, and how do you assume Chinese VIP will stop playing/paying when they know NA get the mini dragon too? They probably, and very likely would keep paying.
We NA players don’t quit when we know the mini dragon is exclusive to China, so why do you assume Chinese will quit because we NA get the mini dragon too?
Is this “fairness” really that important?

And now you’re saying us NA people don’t pay sub, so we’re the “inferior players” because we probably pay less and don’t get the right to enjoy certain things. How hypocritical of you. (Also, like I said, you don’t have proof that we NA people actually spend less.)

(edited by Aomine.5012)

Mirta.5029

Why, and how do you assume Chinese VIP will stop playing/paying when they know NA get the mini dragon too? They probably, and very likely would keep paying.
We NA players don’t quit when we know the mini dragon is exclusive to China, so why do you assume Chinese will quit because we NA get the mini dragon too?
Is this “fairness” really that important?

And now you’re saying us NA people don’t pay sub, so we’re the “inferior players” because we probably pay less and don’t get the right to enjoy certain things. How hypocritical of you. (Also, like I said, you don’t have proof that we NA people actually spend less.)

I’m not saying that anyone will stop playing. However not only are they paying a sub for it, they don’t get any of the items from Season 1 Living Story and majority of our basic haircuts. So quit acting entitled. You want the mini? Get the Chinese version and pay a sub. Want to keep your living story stuff and your basic haircuts? Stick with the NA/EU version. Why should you get it all? Who made you (or NA for that matter) the king of the world?

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

Mini collectors should be able to acquire all minis onto a single account. It’s never a good thing when something is impossible to obtain for a certain group of people. Make it difficult to obtain, make it cost money…but NEVER make it impossible.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Ardenwolfe.8590

Um . . . anyway, I’m still holding out that we’ll get this mini one day. Here’s to hoping.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: sharkstein.2109

sharkstein.2109

I love this philosophical QQ about an object that doesn’t enrich your life in any way nor does it improve your gameplay. We had this back in original Guild Wars (Coke Items among other things, exclusive pre-order items etc.), yet no-one complained and yet one exclusive crappy miniature is released and everyone is being a child about not getting it. Well played, you create a fine image of gamers and humanity to me.

“Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness”.
— Every heartbroken Guild Wars fan on GW2