Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

well at 400 gems it better \=

Mini Orange Kitten

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It’s terribly inconsistent, which is why I wanted to know.

The plush griffon used to, then it couldn’t, with a developer saying it was “immersion breaking”, which aside from being a great pun, is just plain silly. It’s laziness.

The mini black bear, lion and white kitten from last March’s “here’s a pet a week, hope you all go broke” event all swim.

The awesome puppy (was that from around the holiday? I forget.) does ‘not’ swim. He’s basically the same frame as the lion cub. What is up with that?

So thus my question, and hope for proof, before I get the pet.

Mini Orange Kitten

Taygus.4571

yeah, I didn’t mean to make is sound like your question wasn’t fair. But it’d be really disappointing if there wasn’t something special with these mini’s other than “yeah, everyone will want a kitten, lets put the price up”

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

The plush griffon used to, then it couldn’t, with a developer saying it was “immersion breaking”, which aside from being a great pun, is just plain silly. It’s laziness.

The mini black bear, lion and white kitten from last March’s “here’s a pet a week, hope you all go broke” event all swim.

The awesome puppy (was that from around the holiday? I forget.) does ‘not’ swim. He’s basically the same frame as the lion cub. What is up with that?

That’s funny considering that I can do deep sea combat with a cat at my side when playing ranger.

While I don’t think that it makes sense for a dog to go scuba diving either, it’s just plain bizarre that the designers find it perfectly rational for the cat to be totally water friendly, while the dog is totally hydrophobic.

But yea, a mini pet being able to follow you underwater would totally break immersion. (sarcasm)

On a side note: The terrible minipet mechanics are one of the main reasons I have never cared about them. Even if I liked any of the minis that I’ve been awarded for various achievements, there’s no way I’m going to open my bags and re-activate it every time I switch zones or go in/out of water.

Mini Orange Kitten

notebene.3190

yeah, I didn’t mean to make is sound like your question wasn’t fair. But it’d be really disappointing if there wasn’t something special with these mini’s other than “yeah, everyone will want a kitten, lets put the price up”

Oh no, you didn’t at all. Understood, and used as a spring board to add detail as to ‘why’ I was asking. Not to be argumentative.

Mini Orange Kitten

Taygus.4571

That’s funny considering that I can do deep sea combat with a cat at my side when playing ranger.

While I don’t think that it makes sense for a dog to go scuba diving either, it’s just plain bizarre that the designers find it perfectly rational for the cat to be totally water friendly, while the dog is totally hydrophobic.

But yea, a mini pet being able to follow you underwater would totally break immersion. (sarcasm)

LOL, that is funny.

And of all the things that could break immersion in this game, I really doubt the mini is one of them …oh anet you’re an odd bunch.

(I really agree about the mechanics, I have hope that witht he new hero panel, there’s a chance they could odd a mini pet slot thats always active., and maybe also be able to switch your mini without having to go to bank.
Probably wishful thinking, but it’d really make minis more worth while.)

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

A plush griffin should soak up all the water and drown to the bottom. Why not “cast” a magic bubble around them that they float in behind you? Apart from the necessary work in the animation department that would be “immersive”

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It seems to be random. I usually have one out (they are useful to see when you are lagging if nothing else) and some will stay with you when you swim and some won’t. I would prefer that if they don’t swim, that they stay anyway as resummoning them each time you take a short swim is annoying.

There are other things in game that are more immersion breaking my Asura says while she wears her wings, using a bow that shoots off unicorns with the ANet logo on their butt.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

Haven’t the previous minis been like 3-pack for 500 gems?
Why is this new mini worth 400 gems when its only just 1 pet?

What is the reasoning behind the price?
Also does this mean that the Mini Arctodus Cub and Mini Polar Bear Cub will also be sold at same price?

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Also does this mean that the Mini Arctodus Cub and Mini Polar Bear Cub will also be sold at same price?

It is a cat, and cat people go crazy for cat things.
That is why it is 400 gems… they know cat people will pay 400 gems for a cat pet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Mini pets, and tonics, are all technically “immersion breaking” things. Now, if minis did USEFUL stuff like pick up loot automatically for you, stuff like that would be nice.

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I wonder, is it smaller than the orange tabby from the HoM rewards?

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Mini Orange Kitten

ZilentNight.5089

It is a cat, and cat people go crazy for cat things.
That is why it is 400 gems… they know cat people will pay 400 gems for a cat pet.

Lol thank you for stating the obvious, I know its a cat.
Regardless of it being a cat or a donkey, it is still a mini pet.
The point of my post is that it is the previously a pack of 3 mini pets was sold at 300 gems.
This means each mini is around 100gem, but this mini is now 400 gem! 400% mark up?!
that makes no sense and based on this pricing Arctodus will also be 400 gems?
Now are you going to tell me there are “Arctodus people” also?

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Lol thank you for stating the obvious, I know its a cat.
Regardless of it being a cat or a donkey, it is still a mini pet.
The point of my post is that it is the previously a pack of 3 mini pets was sold at 300 gems.
This means each mini is around 100gem, but this mini is now 400 gem! 400% mark up?!
that makes no sense and based on this pricing Arctodus will also be 400 gems?
Now are you going to tell me there are Arctodus people also?

The fact that it is a cat is the only point to regard. Tons of cat people will spend 400 gems for a cat mini pet. No one will spend 400 gems for an Arctodus mini pet because there are no Arctodus people.

The 400% mark up makes perfect sense because it will not deter cat people from buying the cat minipet.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Mini Orange Kitten

notebene.3190

I wonder, is it smaller than the orange tabby from the HoM rewards?

I don’t think so. I remember seeing that HoM tabby and wanting it. It actually looks like a small cat.

This one looks very much like the white one from last year with the red bow and the really big head?

Still fun. Was thinking of getting it, but only if it swims. I can’t stand pets that don’t swim. I do under water combat a fair amount, and even without that, I run to a ‘lot’ of places because I enjoy running across the world and…well, I’m cheap, and it’s annoying when they don’t swim.

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

I’m a ‘cat person’ and let me tell you, there’s no way in hell that I’m spending 400 gems (the equivalent of $5.00) on this.
I’ll keep using my orange tabby from HoM, thankyouverymuch

I don’t want to say “cash grab”, but …

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

It’s okay for ArenaNet to test different prices to see what their sales look like.

It’d also be best if everybody avoided buying the mini at this price to ensure they get the message.

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Mini Orange Kitten

ZilentNight.5089

-snip-
The 400% mark up makes perfect sense because it will not deter cat people from buying the cat minipet.

Yea………no
This mark up does not make any sense.

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Eugh. I think it’s ugly :/ Another re-sized cat model, and they’re all weird looking. Why not model an actual kitten? Like this for example.

https://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/87890/preview

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Eugh. I think it’s ugly :/ Another re-sized cat model, and they’re all weird looking. Why not model an actual kitten? Like this for example.

https://www.tentonhammer.com/image/view/87890/preview

le dev just saved this image and noted “legendary mini kitten – 1000 gems”
Would buy if it was accessible for all characters like costumes are.

P.S.
<- yeah, one of the cat people

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

It swims!

/15kittens

Attachments:

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It swims!

/15kittens

That looks like it still has the bobblehead enabled.

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Effin scary looking. Prefer my HoM Kitty

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Mini Orange Kitten

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Geez! Dat neck!

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Mini Orange Kitten

Taygus.4571

It’s okay for ArenaNet to test different prices to see what their sales look like.

It’d also be best if everybody avoided buying the mini at this price to ensure they get the message.

This,…. I really hope not many people buy this. So anet never tries this price again.

Mini Orange Kitten

notebene.3190

It swims!

/15kittens

Thank you!

Mini Orange Kitten

notebene.3190

Effin scary looking. Prefer my HoM Kitty

That is a great cat, and I’m jealous, but beggars can’t be choosers.