Mini Oxideciomus after Halloween.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

Will this still be avaliable to purchase with cobs from the vendor after the event is removed? 3 of us have been farming for 1 person and we still don’t have enough cobs yet.. x.x

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

No one knows. The NPC vendor will undoubtably be removed but the mini might go into Sonder the seller’s list.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I believe none of the mini’s have previously gone into Sonder’s list outside of Halloween

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I am acting as if it will not be possible. Sonder’s Halloween list is much the same since he appeared on the scene; I don’t expect it to change this year.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Sonder only sells mini prince Thorn, all other halloween minis never got added to him. So do not expect it to happen this time

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Sonoroho.5093

Well, kitten it. X.X

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Come on, Sonoroho, you can do it! You have a whole 3 days to get those 120,000 pieces of candy corn. Yeah…plenty of time. The Mad King will laugh heartily as you realize the futility. Then again, there’s always the TP! Currently, you can have the wispy little raven for the bargain basement price of around 468g!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

What have you been doing to farm it?

If you’re trying to farm candy corn directly it’s going to take forever even with 3 people. A far better strategy is to farm ToT bags and sell them (or otherwise farm gold) and then buy candy corn. Also when you come to buy it check the price of cobs vs. individual pieces because sometimes it’s actually cheaper to buy cobs.

I was able to get it in 13 days through a combination of doing that and spending 100g I had saved up for my legendary. Which sounds like a lot but at the time it cost about 700g to buy all the candy corn. I would have waited but I thought Halloween was only going to last for 2 weeks.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Stiofan.6720

Stiofan.6720

500 ToT bags per hour = 26.5g = 5,750 candy corn.

With 3 people, 7 hours lab farm = 120cobs.

Kruhljak.2705

Since when do party members get every other party member’s drops? Your calculations assume 3 players all getting 500 each/hr and contributing to one player getting the mini with all 1500/hr. Either way, it’s 21 man hours per mini, not 7.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I suppose, assuming all 3 players farming for the 1 player were playing concurrently. Sometimes, friends do that; play together.

It should have said: With 3 people, 7 hours (each) lab farm = 120 cobs. =)

Kruhljak.2705

Ya, I understood what he meant. I was just pointing out that it isn’t necessarily a realistic assessment of the time required since not everyone (I’d wager not many) will have such generous friends to expect a net 1500+ bags in their lap every hour. Might as well just go with a 5-man party, and claim it only takes a little over 4 hours. It still remains a mostly unrealistic, and thus rather pointless, statement.

For myself, I can’t do the 21 man hours mindless Lab grind. My brain cells are screwed up enough already. I’d rather buy the stupid candy corn and be done with it. At least my grinding for the necessary gold would be spread out over a less mind-numbing array of mini-grinds.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s just that the OP specifically stated 3 players (he/she and 2 others) were farming together, and asked if there would there be enough time. Seems like the answer given was fair enough, considering the parameters stated in the question. =)

Kruhljak.2705

Hrmm. Ok, I retract my griping as I’d already forgotten the OP’s own premise. And I was on such a roll!

Sonoroho.5093

Lol, yeah it’s me and two others. But…. I haven’t been able to farm all week… spent to much time in the lab the first two weeks. x.x One of the others is at like 60 something cobs.

Danikat.8537

I’m confused at how one person can get 500 bags an hour. Using boosters to get to about 250% Magic Find I get 250 in an hour if I’m lucky, usually closer to 200.

And yes it is incredibly tedious. I did it because I wanted the raven (I collect mini pets). Then I stopped playing for a few days because I was sick of the game, and now I’m still playing less and mainly focusing on low level alts where there’s no sense of pressure to get things done.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m confused at how one person can get 500 bags an hour. Using boosters to get to about 250% Magic Find I get 250 in an hour if I’m lucky, usually closer to 200.

And yes it is incredibly tedious. I did it because I wanted the raven (I collect mini pets). Then I stopped playing for a few days because I was sick of the game, and now I’m still playing less and mainly focusing on low level alts where there’s no sense of pressure to get things done.

With a good commander running the most efficient route, a close-knit zerg of decent size, no knock backs (by uplevels), guardian loot staff, and use of the action camera, I can easily get a stack of bags in 20-25 minutes.

Of course, my limit is usually about when my food buffs run out, so I usually stop after getting that stack — that is, I could get two stacks an hour, but I’d rather sleep on hot coals or walk across a bed of nails.

Plus, the conditions for finding the most efficient farm aren’t easy to come by. Some nudnik is always opening a boss door, some uplevel is leveling, someone refuses to wait for the zerg before opening a mob door, the commander has an efficient route, etc.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

I have around 2,000 bags. should I sell them and buy candy corn? or open them and hope for the best?

Danikat.8537

I have around 2,000 bags. should I sell them and buy candy corn? or open them and hope for the best?

If you’re hoping to get the raven then definitely sell them. It doesn’t drop from the bags and unless you get very lucky there’s a good chance you’ll lose gold by opening them.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Never got more than 200 ToT bags in an hour while in the leading edge of a large zerg with a multi-target 1 skill tagging everything in sight.

And yes, ToT bags are more valuable unopened if you intend on selling their contents.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes