Miniatures in Gemstore [Merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Feralnex.4072

Feralnex.4072

Why Anet is taking away Minis from gemstore? Isn’t it better to just leave the old ones and just add the new ones instead of taking them away? It’s always bothering me -.-

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: kazaa.9140

kazaa.9140

My girlfriend came up with a mini pet suggestion and the more I think about it the more I think it would actually sell!
A dog breed.

A pug

Thoughts on this?

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

As much as I would love this, it would have to drag its bum on the floor while idling or I won’t buy it :P

Kitten.

kazaa.9140

Glad someone else thinks it’s a good idea

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Make it a new reward achievement! “You lovable PUG!—you joined 500 random groups via lfg tool” XD

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

And if you sit, have it slobber you endlessly!

And it should make Darth Vader breathing/snorting sounds!

Posted by: Moonyeti.3296

Moonyeti.3296

Wasn’t there a game- WoW maybe that you could get a pug for joining PUG groups? It’s a good idea at any rate.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

As much as I would love this, it would have to drag its bum on the floor while idling or I won’t buy it :P

Doesn’t the Beedog already do this?

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Haleydawn.3764

Haleydawn.3764

It may well do, but it is far from being a Pug!

Kitten.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It may well do, but it is far from being a Pug!

It’s an electronic pug.

And scoots.

Attachments:

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Make it a new reward achievement! “You lovable PUG!—you joined 500 random groups via lfg tool” XD

If you can to do that to get a Pug, can I win 100 Costume Brawls with my Boxing Gloves (yes, I still have those!) to get a Boxer mini?

If I knockdown/knockback 500 opponents, am I eligible for a Bulldog mini?

If I use the Pirate “Walk the Plank” skill 250 times in Costume Brawl, can I get a Poodle? (Because I made a puddle).

If I complete 10 Collections can I get a Retriever?

If I have 5 Asura characters on my account, can I get a Lab?

Please though, don’t ever make a Shih Tzu available from achievements!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Most things (most) will reappear for a time then disappear again. The idea, I suppose, is to increase desire/demand. Of course it also increases frustration for people who just can’t wait for Wintersday to get the Wintersday Minis.

It’s sorta like what McDonald’s does with the McRib.

(Hmm… a McRib minipet. Available at the Lion’s Golden Arch.)

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Most things (most) will reappear for a time then disappear again. The idea, I suppose, is to increase desire/demand. Of course it also increases frustration for people who just can’t wait for Wintersday to get the Wintersday Minis.

It’s sorta like what McDonald’s does with the McRib.

(Hmm… a McRib minipet. Available at the Lion’s Golden Arch.)

Well here in Aus Mcdonalds doesn’t work that way, no mcribs here either.

Posted by: RobotInProgress.9782

RobotInProgress.9782

Although I am not an active collector of the minis, I have found that some of the things I wish I could have following me are not actually in the game, and it perplexes me that they are not. A few that I honestly think should be in the game are:
-The Gravelings or their boss variants, featured in the Ascalonian Dungeon, or any type of skelk to be honest. Too many Skales!
-Vinetooth(s/Vineteeths/Vinetoothses), I generally love their design and its a shame that they are no available but the Faolain version is, it just feels like we are missing a step here
-Trehearne, the poor Marshall really should have his own mini considering what he has been through, heck, maybe even his HoT variant >_>
- Magister Seiran and Warmaster Forgal, give the other order representatives some love ;P
-Elder Dragons! or just Mordremoth, Zhaitan might be a bit harder to do due to his flail-ey-ness, but Mordremoth and the Mouth of Mordremoth definitely should have miniature versions

These are just a few that I can think of, its a shame that some of these aren’t available, and I don’t have a solution for how all of them should be implimented, but what do you guys think, and what mini’s would you have introduced?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I want a mini Norn Savage and a mini Wild-Eye Miller. And I want them to say crazy things to me as we run around.

eduardo.1436

would love to have a mini hero-tron, that’s the only mini I ever want

RobotInProgress.9782

Its odd because HoHo-Tron is available from Wintersday but the main guy isn’t his own miniature :T

Posted by: Nikal.4921

Nikal.4921

Elemental pets, like earth kitties, fire squirrels, air dogs, water rabbits, etc. I’d love to see more pet type minis in general.

(edited by Nikal.4921)

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

Before they go adding new minipets to the game, how about fixing the hide/unhide check box for miniatures. I’m always, ALWAYS having to recheck the check box so my mini follows me around.

eduardo.1436

Its odd because HoHo-Tron is available from Wintersday but the main guy isn’t his own miniature :T

ye and the ho-ho-tron can get a bit annoying with the bell AND rytlock and Faren have 2 minis with different attire, why not do same thing for o-tron?

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

- Trahearne
- Sieran
- Forgal
- Shatterer (should be a drop from its chest, like Mini Teq is)
- Claw of Jormag (same as above)
- Marsh drake (we have all the drake types except this one I think)
- Trahearne

kinda weird that we have a mini of the jerk from the human commoner story that torches a hospital and orphanage, but nothing for some of the main/popular characters. If we’re gonna get minis of characters that only appear in a single racial story, can we at least get one of Malyck?

Posted by: xLiFToFF.5938

xLiFToFF.5938

I would like a

1. Mini Zhaitan
2. Mini Taimi (Her Golem)
3. Mini Jormag
4. Mini Sparkles (Can you bring it back?)

RobotInProgress.9782

- Trahearne
- Sieran
- Forgal
- Shatterer (should be a drop from its chest, like Mini Teq is)
- Claw of Jormag (same as above)
- Marsh drake (we have all the drake types except this one I think)
- Trahearne

kinda weird that we have a mini of the jerk from the human commoner story that torches a hospital and orphanage, but nothing for some of the main/popular characters. If we’re gonna get minis of characters that only appear in a single racial story, can we at least get one of Malyck?

Hadn’t even thought of Shatterer! although I wouldn’t mind seeing almost all the bosses with a mini, provided its once they’ve been revamped.
While Sieran and Forgal may be less popular than Tybalt I think that its silly to only have one mentor available (unless they’re come back as mist champions )
And I would hope in the case of Malyck that we may see a mini for him if he makes an appearance in the Living world story… one day :s

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

A Miniature Doppelgänger (i.e. a Mini Me) because I’m so vain.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

(edited by penelopehannibal.8947)

RobotInProgress.9782

I would like a

1. Mini Zhaitan
2. Mini Taimi (Her Golem)
3. Mini Jormag
4. Mini Sparkles (Can you bring it back?)

Love the idea for a mini Jormag, maybe with an update to his mechanics too ;P
As for a mini Taimi, wouldn’t it just be called Taimi (smol asura babie x3)

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

A rabbit. I actually forgot there wasn’t one the other day and went looking for it in the tab.

But I’d also like to have Shatterer, Claw of Jormag and Shadow of the Dragon minis alongside the Tequatl one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

RobotInProgress.9782

Would think this would be quite fun but I’d think it would be a pain to implement, purely based on all the armour skins

kazaa.9140

I made a separate post about this what I’d love to see and you can thanks my girlfriend
A pug the dog breed
Then someone came up with the idea of when your idle it drags it butt across the floor there is a pug through the Super Adventure but not in a mini pet sadly
Thoughts?

RobotInProgress.9782

I made a separate post about this what I’d love to see and you can thanks my girlfriend
A pug the dog breed
Then someone came up with the idea of when your idle it drags it butt across the floor there is a pug through the Super Adventure but not in a mini pet sadly
Thoughts?

I think I gave the thread a look earlier, while I wouldn’t mind seeing small animals as mini’s, I’m not the biggest fan of pugs unfortunately ^^’ But hey, its not like I am putting these mini’s in the game xD

kazaa.9140

A pug the dog breed
Thoughts?

I think I gave the thread a look earlier, while I wouldn’t mind seeing small animals as mini’s, I’m not the biggest fan of pugs unfortunately ^^’ But hey, its not like I am putting these mini’s in the game xD

Respect your views, got to agree and say not everyone is a fan. But they have became a bit popular over the past year or so and you have to admit. It would sell

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

As stated above, I also would like to see a mini Taimi.
But beside this there is one mini I absolutely want to see. Back in the times of Guild Wars 1 I got the mini Kuunavang as a present from a friend. It was a really expensive minipet back then, needless to say it is and was my all time favorite. I would really want to see this mini to reappear again.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

RobotInProgress.9782

But beside this there is one mini I absolutely want to see. Back in the times of Guild Wars 1 I got the mini Kuunavang as a present from a friend. It was a really expensive minipet back then, needless to say it is and was my all time favorite. I would really want to see this mini to reappear again.

As someone who hasn’t played much of the Guild wars 1, I wouldn’t mind seeing some of the creatures make a return, but I have a feeling that it may be a while before we see these guys. Were these guys found in Cantha, because if so, yeah it could be quite some time :T

Posted by: Alaia Skyhawk.5064

Alaia Skyhawk.5064

I really really REALLY want a mini Dozer (The tiny spider npc that spawns in a certain alcove in Citadel of Flame, which then follows you around with love hearts over it’s head and an “Infatuated: So in love!” buff on it.

They could even keep him “life sized” since he’s so small already. Sure he’s tiny and in a lot of cases ppl might not spot him. But that moment they do and see the buff on him… He’s so darn cute! (In my opinion the cutest dungeon-based easter egg in the game) Every time I do CoF I go spawn him

Plz Anet, give us a mini Dozer! I want our little love-infatuated spider out of the fiery caverns of the Flame Legion, and out in the bright sunny world of Tyria!

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

A Mini of my own char.

Posted by: Ice Man.8465

Ice Man.8465

Minis that match all my ranger’s pets.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I wanted Scarlet at one point. One with the regular outfit. I haven’t followed things very carefully but I haven’t heard one being added yet.
I have the two minis of her but at one point I remember thinking that in the armored version her hair is wrong (I guess it was the model too) and now it bothers me.

let the sky fall

Posted by: Chamelion.9536

Chamelion.9536

Would think this would be quite fun but I’d think it would be a pain to implement, purely based on all the armour skins

I was thinking the same thing, to have a mini-version of my character tagging along… or, better yet.. any of the chars you may have on your account as select-able minis, but as you said; because of the skins, beyond doable.

Posted by: PetboyJoshua.3108

PetboyJoshua.3108

-Mini Skelk (Reef skelk, skelk lurker, alpine skelk…)

-Mini Mordrem Guard (male, female. And also a tonic would be great. )

-Mini Mordrem Bomber

-Mini Mordrem Overseer Rannik

-Mini Mordrem Wolf

-Mini Vinewrath

-Mini Stavemaster Adryn

-Mini Shatterer

-Mini Claw of Jormag

-Mini Megadestroyer

-Mini Mushrooms (I think there’s only one as a mini, while there’s maybe 5 different type of them)

-Mini Nightmare Thorn Wolf

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Mini Taimi
Mini Scruffy
Mini Gryphons (all types)
Mini Wolf
Mini Raven
Mini Owl
Mini Krewe Asuras.

Posted by: Teennine.3901

Teennine.3901

Mini Alphie and Betie, the water and pack dolyaks from the event in Verdant Brink! I love them. I want small versions of them always.

Posted by: catofnine.3194

catofnine.3194

That’s a wonderful pet. I’d be happy with the Celestial animals from Canthan New Year or even the mini siege turtle. This is a long shot, but I’d also love to see Anet put in a scavenger hunt mini like the baby black moa.

Posted by: Tom.6478

Tom.6478

I would like to have mini of myself. If not that, and being a ranger, I would like a mini of whatever pet I have activated.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

It shouldn’t be that hard I would imagine. After all they manage to get our chars and their armours in story cut scenes.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: meissa.4239

meissa.4239

sieran… i love her so much anet why dont you love her too ;~;. the shatterer would be cool too.
mostly though i REALLY want bioluminescent lurchers. they look so cool and i would love the feeling of constantly fearing my mini savagely destroying me in one fell swoop. gets a good adrenaline rush going, you know?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see. Tyria needs me.” — Scarlet Briar

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

Randomly remembered Shiro. I’d think there’s a good excuse to add this one.

let the sky fall

RobotInProgress.9782

sieran… i love her so much anet why dont you love her too ;~;. the shatterer would be cool too.
mostly though i REALLY want bioluminescent lurchers. they look so cool and i would love the feeling of constantly fearing my mini savagely destroying me in one fell swoop. gets a good adrenaline rush going, you know?

I have a soft spot for most things mordrem so I would love to see those Lurchers, thinking of mordrem theres a few other NPCs that would be pretty good minis, thinking of all those mordrem infected creatures roaming the HoT maps

RobotInProgress.9782

Randomly remembered Shiro. I’d think there’s a good excuse to add this one.

Maybe one day we’ll see all the legends with minis, just imagine Glint or Abbadon :0

RobotInProgress.9782

It shouldn’t be that hard I would imagine. After all they manage to get our chars and their armours in story cut scenes.

Not something I thought of, props to you :P

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

The only mini I really want, is a Mini Glory of Tyria to go with my Mini Pact Airship.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.