Minigames! What the french, toast.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

I’m doing the HOPE collection and I just got past tier 2 which after farming all of it and not buying anything was a grueling process. I tried the Fungus Among Us mini game and man that kitten is hard. What the heck? I asked most of my friends about the mini games in general and they all said they were probably worse at them than I was, another one said he had given up on completing his mastery in general because they required mini games to complete. Now I know anets solution around the mini games was to add a sweet jesuston of mastery points with each patch but that doesn’t fix that the legendaries still require them and I’m supposed to somehow make it to the end of Fungus within silver timing. Dude that’s gonna ruin me coz I just can’t do it, and it’s not just me none of my friends can either.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Just patience, and training. Thats the only thign that will help there.
Get to know the spots, where the boosters are that let you temporarely run faster, cause its importanl for Gold to hit them all.
Gettign Gold has basically absolutely no spare room for any mistakes and you need to use the power jump skill, that lets you jump high and far at a certain spot to make a very important shortcut that you need to make successful to be even able to get into goal just mostly 1-2 seconds in time to get gold.

I self made literally like multiple douzends of fail runs, until I had the way of how I have to run to get all the sprint boosts in my mind (as some are kind of hidden and not directly to see good if you give them no attention on the way to look for them)

So many practice runs basically and that with the big jump being bugged – I made it successfully – Don#t know, how many times I’ve fallen down somewhere in this adventure minigame, just because the stupid big jump didn’t triggered as like it should.

Best tip I can give you basically is – watching is a better help for all the adventures, then reading descriptions. There are alot of videos on youtube, which show you how peopel make these minigames with Gold.
Watch the one for the Fungus Game, as there you can see exactly, how people run, where the srint boosters are and where exactly you need to make the important big shortcut jump to make it just in time to get gold.

Don’t lose hope, just try it further.

I made aloso tons of fail runs with that other bouncing mushroom adventure, where you need to get like 25 points in a few minutes for Gold..also again such a hard unforviging thing, where you don#t get gold anymore, if you just make the slightest mistake on your jumping route, or if you have just lag at the most worst moment ect.

I too would find it better, if for all stuff that requires these minigames to do, it should b enough, if the player gets Silver. Gold should be essentially only there for those people, which like a challenge and competition for the scoreboards.
Then those minigames would make all alot more fun, if you wouldn’t need to get Gold just for some kind of colelction stuff, legendary materials ect., because such extreme unforgiving minigames can become quickly only frustrating, especially if they block you from progressing in the game somewhere, where they shouldn’t as minigames should be there as optiotional content thats there to make fun, not to block players off behind an unforgiving player skill gate so that you can’t get what you want, until you make them successfully on gold, when Gold is basically the only thign, for what peopel care fore, that like challenges and competition with other players.

Gold on all minigames should become easier, so that there is more breathing room above of that for competition either, or they should just reduce the requirements for some kind of items from gold to silver.

For example that golem suit minigame, has been nerfed, and is even still after its nerf absurdly hard.
al peolel which I see it do successfully now after the nerf patch do it basically all only on the very last second! So again, very unforgiving, 1 single mistake and you can forget it

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: SpaceRaccoon.9684

SpaceRaccoon.9684

You might find this post helpful
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Guide-Adventures-Silver-Gold-and-beyond/first
This person has compiled tips and guide videos for getting gold on the various adventures. For that adventure in particular there are some shortcuts which you may not have thought of yourself but are basically required for getting gold. You can watch the videos to see how it’s done and then it’s not too hard with a bit of practice.

Most important though is the shortcut between the last two checkpoints. You can get gold using that shortcut alone, although it is possible to get silver without using any shortcuts at all.

Good luck!

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

FWIW, silver is definitely both hard, and achievable, in that game. I’m hoping I never, ever have to do it again, though. It took me about three hours to get there.

My main recommendation would be druid with the 33% move speed trait enabled, which is a small help, but a solid one.

Posted by: Keypek.5716

Keypek.5716

For me, Fungus Among Us was one of, if not thee, hardest mini game of the HoT variety. I still haven’t finished gold in that and it took a lot of frustrating tries to get silver. And I will never do it again lol. Most of the other mini games it isn’t too hard to get silver once you know what to do and I’d say 75% of them gold isn’t hard after some basic practice or at worst watching guides. The FAU abilities you have to use are extremely finicky though.

Posted by: thehipone.6812

thehipone.6812

There are video guides out there, but one of the biggest timesaving tips is that you can use the launch skill just after you go through the next to last checkpoint to hop directly over gap to the big log/root right in front of the final checkpoint.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I did it over the weekend after not touching it since October 2015. You can get silver by using the jump ability twice. I used it at the start after you make the climb and again above where you fight one of the bosses. It’s very tight, time-wise, but can be done by simply running and using the speed mushrooms.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I have to agree with the OP, I hate the mini games and find it as a way of saying “we don’t care what our player base says”. I hear very few (yes some of you like them) say they like them. In fact all folks I play the game with are of the same opinion as me. My thought is if I wanted to play these so called mini games I would buy a console and get the Mario style games, not a MMO based in Fantasy…

I know they are not required but I would like to be able to max all my Masteries without playing mini games.

Again my opinion, along with all my game friends, but I bet if ArenaNet polled their customers mini games would be “Voted off the Island” lol…

Have a Great Day All……

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

GW2 has had jumping since it launched in 2012. It’s not unreasonable for some things in the game to require it. A lot of vistas required jumping puzzles which were required for map completion.

I like most of the adventures except I don’t do them because I already have all the rewards for them and competing on the leaderboards isn’t appealing to me.

Many MMO Fantasy games have mini games. GW1, lthough technically not an MMO, had several including polymock. WoW even has them from what I have heard.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I definitely hate the adventures. (If I wanted a console game, I would buy a console.)

Here’s how I dealt with it:

• I parked a toon near the entrance.
  • Each day, if I felt like it, I’d start the adventure.
  • I’d try until I felt myself getting frustrated (e.g. when I started an argument with the keyboard about how cooperative it was).
  • Give it up until another day.

Most days, I didn’t make much progress. Some days, I did. Eventually, I’d get silver (rarely gold). And overall, it was close enough to ‘fun’ that it made it worth trying.

Combine that with the link above posted by Space Racoon

tl;dr combine a good guide with dropping any self-imposed deadline; just take your time.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Endgame goals should never have been locked behind tangential content.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Fungus Among us is not too hard

I think it is about average difficulty (not the easiest but definitly not the hardest either)

Ofc you need Itzel Speed Mushrooms Mastery or it will be very hard
But with that mastery and after learning when and where to use your Rush + your Jump Skills it will defintily be doable

My advice is to make a few test runs where you dont care for the timer and just practice jumping/rushing across certains pots multiple times (especially the roots in the later part)
So you know where to start your rush skill so you dont fall through the holes there for example but you still save time by using the rush skill there instead of just carefully jumping across normally

Also: Friends giving you Superspeed along the way works, same for Aalacrity ….
Maybe taking a Mesmer Portal works too then it would be a cakewalk with 1 friend
(didnt test that cause it would really feel too cheesy to me xD)

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Fremtid.3528

Fremtid.3528

No mesmer portals don’t work I asked a friend about it and he said he had already tried that.