Minion, Pet, Elemental, Turret Scaling

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: darkoracle.6483

darkoracle.6483

Necro Minions, Engineer Turrets, Elemental Elementals and Guardian Spirit Weapons don’t scale with your gear only your level.

Now having played all of there classes to some extent I can tell you its a raw deal. I don’t know what the idea was going in but I feel it was a poor (lazy) design decision. Its not very noticeable at the start but the higher level you get and the more effort you put into your gear the more useless these skills become. Am I alone in wanting a decent scaling system for anything summoned ?

darkoracle.6483

Even Elite Skills like mistfire Wolf don’t scale -_-

Posted by: AreeSoothsayer.1068

AreeSoothsayer.1068

I’ve played a Ranger class most of the time but have tried all the other classes that summon. I immediately noticed the lack of change in their output even though the gear I used changed.

They could do alot of recoding and such I’m sure to fix the whole problem or add something that I find lacking.

Gear that supports the pets/summons. Sure making my character stronger to deal damage and stay alive is good but for me I find it fun making pets more powerful than my character. Gear with stat, boon or effect bonuses for summons and pets would make things more interesting. Especially since every job has a summon, thanks to the mistfire wolf, so stuff like added damage, regeneration or longer summon durations would be a good fix for it.

Your summons not strong enough or vanish too soon to be real effective. Snag a few pieces of jewelry or gear to fix the problem.

darkoracle.6483

Exactly, even simple fixes like +power adds a small amount of damage to your pet, and/or +toughness makes your pet a little tougher. There is no way to justify a level 80 with full T3 gear and a newly dinged 80 having identical summons. Virtually everything in the game scales to some extent I don;t know how this was overlooked.

darkoracle.6483

I’m not sure but I did here reports in BWE3 that engineer flame turrets got a boost from +condition dmg, can anyone confirm this ? If it was I have no idea why it was removed for release.

darkoracle.6483

Any chance of an official reply ? Is the current flat system just a place holder while you decide the extent of scaling or are we stuck with a whole list of skills that will just keep getting more and more useless