Minis for PVP

Minis for PVP

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chrisgw.2046

chrisgw.2046

I wish we have more use for minis.

I’d like to see them used in an arena similar to pvp but instead of using your toons, you use your minis. Sorta like King of Fighters but more in a gw2 context. Each mini would have specific skills, so you use a combination of minis to battle another player combo. Once you’ve chosen you’re combination you choose an arena to say for example Divinity’s Reach. Then you battle – a 3 round match or 5 round match perhaps.

You can add gold/karma/achievement points as rewards. Or you can set up a bet with another player using any denomination say karma.

Devs, wish you’d look into this.

Thanks,

Minis for PVP

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

I agree! Boy oh boy, a mini-game where you can collect and train cute little animals, and pit them against others. Makes me want to be the very best, like no one ever was! I will definitely feel like I “gotta catch ’em all!”

Yessiree, these pocket-sized monsters would certainly fit in a battle arena modeled after the addictive and wildly successful:

King of Fighters

Minis for PVP

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I like the idea, but .. pls let us just first have perma slot for minis xD

(edited by jokke.6239)

Minis for PVP

Posted by: KenSniper.8690

KenSniper.8690

I believe back in the old lion’s arch, there was this small arena near fort marriner, with an Arena.net shaped arena (lol) where npc’s were pitting mini’s against mini like pokemon, speculations from last year went along around polymock arena being the next mini arena in future updates

but alas, all just rumours and speculations

Minis for PVP

jokke.6239

I believe back in the old lion’s arch, there was this small arena near fort marriner, with an Arena.net shaped arena (lol) where npc’s were pitting mini’s against mini like pokemon, speculations from last year went along around polymock arena being the next mini arena in future updates

but alas, all just rumours and speculations

I haven’t played gw1, but probably the King of Fighters game they were talking about above 8D

Minis for PVP

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

We could make use of the little mini Arena in LA.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Minis for PVP

jokke.6239

We could make use of the little mini Arena in LA.

Liadrimon, I choose u 8D

Attachments:

Minis for PVP

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

Liadri would own every mini w/ her imba shadows

R.I.P Kumu <3

Minis for PVP

jokke.6239

Liadri would own every mini w/ her imba shadows

hmm .. Scarlet mini vs Teq mini would be an interresting fight thou xD

Minis for PVP

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Polymock in GW1 was quite similar to this, except that it used chess piece style models instead of minis. I believe they were/are planning to add Polymock to GW2 at some point and it might well use minis.

I have to admit I’m not sure how I feel about this. If minis gain extra functions the prices will jump up and rare ones will be even more limited which will make collecting them much harder. On the other hand I have a mini Karka, Liadri and Tequatl and I’d love to see them decimate the competition.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”