Minis needs to be not auto depositable.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

Seriously, I love my minis but the fact that I must use an invisible bag and reactivate it on every map change incredibly bad design. Make minis not get deposited automatically or make em equipable. There are so many minis in the game yet so few have em out because they are just a pain to keep it going.

Posted by: Nybor.9687

Nybor.9687

I completely agree with this. I don’t know why they haven’t changed it already, its a really obvious design flaw. And so simple to fix.

Please make Mini’s so they don’t auto-deposit every time you die, or change maps. Really frustrating. Thanks

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Invisi-bag. =)

Works for me every time, and as for reactivating each map… could be worse….could only be in towns….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Yeah, I don’t think that special equipment should be necessary to pull this off. Just don’t include them in deposit all and we’re good.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I actually prefer that I can deposit them without having to find bank access. Since I carry an invis bag anyway, (and really, why wouldn’t you?) it’s not so terrible to whip open inventory and double click. We do it with food, all the darn time.

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I am annoyed by this sometimes too! But invisible bag and stuff like that are simple fixes. Plus, surely there are other things you don’t want deposited or accidentally sold, so it’s nice to have an invisible bag anyways.

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

Since I carry an invis bag anyway, (and really, why wouldn’t you?)

are you aware of how much it costs a 20 slot invi bag? No, 8 does not cut it, I have way too many things and I need plenty of space. And no, I dont have only one toon, I have plenty. And no, I wont craft one because I donthav the crafting for that one, and if I were to level it up in the end it would be cheaper to just buy it than to start leveling the crafting from scratch AND then buy all the necessary mats.

If you dont want to find banking then fine, thats your own laziness, but dont push that laziness onto others. Most people dont carry more than 3-4 minis anyways. They have to be like instruments and that sort of things, only that you can deposite them ONLY when you drag them to the deposit bank

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since I carry an invis bag anyway, (and really, why wouldn’t you?)

are you aware of how much it costs a 20 slot invi bag? No, 8 does not cut it, I have way too many things and I need plenty of space. And no, I dont have only one toon, I have plenty. And no, I wont craft one because I donthav the crafting for that one, and if I were to level it up in the end it would be cheaper to just buy it than to start leveling the crafting from scratch AND then buy all the necessary mats.

If you dont want to find banking then fine, thats your own laziness, but dont push that laziness onto others. Most people dont carry more than 3-4 minis anyways. They have to be like instruments and that sort of things, only that you can deposite them ONLY when you drag them to the deposit bank

I make my own, although I only have like 12 or 16 on mine and that sufficient for my needs. I don’t have just 1 character either.

I am sorry that you feel inconvenienced because you feel the need to horde and carry it all around with you. Some of us don’t have that issue, and I guess if not wanting to go out of my way to find a crafting station or bank is laziness, then I guess I’m queen of lazy. Guess I should change my guild tag….though that guild my get kitteny if I did.

You can’t be bothered to buy a bag (or level crafting on a char to make your own) intended for hiding things for exactly this purpose, but you want to rest of us to give up this feature because you’re inconvenienced by it? Self-centered much?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its lame but not unbearable that you need an invisible bag to keep your minis around when you deposit. it IS unbearable that they get put away on map change, and thats why i never bother to carry any minis with me.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Invisi-bag. =)

Works for me every time, and as for reactivating each map… could be worse….could only be in towns….

This

Don’t know how people keep missing it.
It works. …. and … it works … that’s all there is to it.

Lrn 2 Bag!

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

An invisible bag will solve all of your problems

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I don’t mind it. Sometimes I carry a couple and if I need to free up a few bag slots I can send them to my bank without having to go there. It would be nice if they didn’t have to be reactivated when changing maps but I don’t mind it too much. I’m usually not dragging around a mini when I’m out roaming around on my own anyway. I typically use them in cities.

Now what I would like is if they kept up with my characters. If I’m moving any bit of distance I turn around and they are half a map away.

The Burninator

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Seriously, I love my minis but the fact that I must use an invisible bag and reactivate it on every map change incredibly bad design. Make minis not get deposited automatically or make em equipable. There are so many minis in the game yet so few have em out because they are just a pain to keep it going.

I was thinking about this many times and I have to agree with you. I think that minis need revamp. If minis were summoned untill we unsummonthem there would be much more people using them.

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Posted by: An Oak Knob.1275

An Oak Knob.1275

I want a auto-deploy / perma-deploy buttom for my minis,

THE REASON Minis arent runing around the game with their masters (players) Is because :

1- They fill up a bag slot.

2 – You have to resummon them after map change/dieing/loging out-loging in

3 – No auto deploy buttom / perma deploy buttom.

It’s really really really really SIMPLE to add this buttom Arena.net, if you would allow mods into this game a moder could add such a addon in no time!
ONE SMALL PATCH for a few code lines Arenanet!

Posted by: Strejda Tom.6108

Strejda Tom.6108

Well lets keep this topic alive, get as many opinions as possible and once you get Anet attention, it is done.)

Strejda Tom, the last unicorn.
Always remember one thing – your opinion is your opinion not fact.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

I don’t mind it. Sometimes I carry a couple and if I need to free up a few bag slots I can send them to my bank without having to go there. It would be nice if they didn’t have to be reactivated when changing maps but I don’t mind it too much. I’m usually not dragging around a mini when I’m out roaming around on my own anyway. I typically use them in cities.

Now what I would like is if they kept up with my characters. If I’m moving any bit of distance I turn around and they are half a map away.

Very much agree with you on this. Why bother having a mini out if it is only by your side (or anywhere within visual range) after standing still for 10-15 seconds for it to catch up to you only to be left in the dust when you start moving again.

Zoning despawning my mini doesn’t even bother me that much as even when it is spawned, it is never anywhere near me anyway. Having a mini out is almost no different from not even having a mini in the first place unless you are standing in a city or are a-f-k.

Also, I sell everything I get in my bags anyway, so I don’t even use the deposit collectibles option. I loot stuff, my bags start to get full, I take 10-20min to TP everything (listing them properly), sell off junk to a merchant and then go on my way again. Repeat.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Katai.6240

Katai.6240

The fact that minis end up being such a pain is why I don’t have mine out.

They take up a bag slot
They force you to take an invisible bag
You have to reactivate every time you zone
They don’t even keep up with you when you’re running around.

They really should work like Ranger pets. You just activate them from a separate menu.

Posted by: jeatsen.2378

jeatsen.2378

The fact that minis end up being such a pain is why I don’t have mine out.

They take up a bag slot
They force you to take an invisible bag
You have to reactivate every time you zone
They don’t even keep up with you when you’re running around.

They really should work like Ranger pets. You just activate them from a separate menu.

Do you only have one set of EQ? All the other sets of armor and weaps takes much more space than minis.. I would very much prefer a separate menu for my equipment and also not having to keep clicking every single piece when i decide to go pve or wvw or w/e. But i only carry at max one mini and one infinite tonic.

Plus, if you guys are complaining about how expensive 20slot bags are, make 18 slots. the last two slots are not worth that steep price increase

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

We need a system similar to the ranger pet selection for minis that does not occupy bag slots and does not interfere with deposits.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I’d think a ‘armor slot’ similar to the old hat or costume slot in GW1 would be ideal. Perm equiped mini of choice, with an auto deploy option so its always on. Would make everybody happy, unless they were trying to carry 3 or 4 to swap out.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I’d think a ‘armor slot’ similar to the old hat or costume slot in GW1 would be ideal. Perm equiped mini of choice, with an auto deploy option so its always on. Would make everybody happy, unless they were trying to carry 3 or 4 to swap out.

I like to use the same mini between a few characters so a perm equip would be bad for the unique ones like the holiday ones.

But I do agree they shouldn’t deposit when you click deposit all, and auto deploy when entering a map.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Right.

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

Right.

Not nearly, since minipets are currently counted as a collectible they’d have to be either redefined as a different object or anet has to set all of them to be excluded from deposit all collectibles. redefining them all would be the easiest in the long run but excluding them all would still keep them as collectibles and keep their slot in the collections tab.

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

I actually prefer that I can deposit them without having to find bank access. Since I carry an invis bag anyway, (and really, why wouldn’t you?) it’s not so terrible to whip open inventory and double click. We do it with food, all the darn time.

No with food I know it’ll be up for the 20-30mins,1hour since I’ve used it. I port around very often and I gotta click my mini everytime, it’s just not worthwhile. A-Net has released a ton of minis and I’ve purchased a ton of them but they are nothing short of a pain in the kitten to maintain.

I can understand kites because they lock you out of skills, but minis? If I play ranger I can’t stop my kitten pet to busting out when I take any kind of damage when I want him stashed so he doesn’t aggro everything around me.

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

I would actually use minis if they didn’t autodeposit. Don’t need a slot for them or anything really. As it is, they just go to my bank and I forget about them. Maybe I’d buy the special minis if they didn’t just vanish.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I think it would be cool if they could ride on my shoulder when I am moving and then get down when I’m stationary. This would solve the problem of them being 5,000 miles behind when I’m running. I know it’s lame but for some reason it popped into my head.

The Burninator

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

There should be a dedicated mini slot on your hero panels somewhere. That would solve some problems at least. Then you could equip a minipet.

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

An equipslot would be a good solution, which could have a “show/hide” toggle like helm,gloves,shoulders on the equipment window.

Devs have stated before they understand the issue, but suggest using invisible bags to prevent minis from being banked…I don’t think that is a good final solution but that is where they left it off at.

Posted by: Aidendale.4178

Aidendale.4178

Being a real world cakittenem in the gem store, Arena Net needs to prioritize cleaning up the utilization of the minis. Many people who might otherwise use or collect minis do not right now because of the auto deposit issue. Arenanet would realize a direct financial profit from correcting this simple issue.