Missing Backpack Skins in Bank?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Ok, i am german but i want to ask something here, ok i dont have most Skins, so i look at them in the bank…and i recordnized something: since i browse sometimes through the wiki i saw some backpices that are not listened in the preview from the bank….
first the anniversary backpacks that i love (ok i must wait since my first char is not 4 years old so i wanted to look at them ingame in the bank preview….but they are missing there):

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Anniversary_Backpack_and_Mail_Carrier_Pack

not one of them i have found in the preview….

also i have not found the Lava skull backpack (and i looked twice):

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lava_Skull_Backpack

Since i dont know if this is a Spoiler i hide this:

Ok since i dont know if they are already ingame or not, but i think so, i am missing in the weapon Tabs the caladbolg skins….dont know if they are supposed to be there..just wanted to look at them ingame since i am far away to get them…and i really like to look at weapons i dont have, to see what i could get in the future….

do you too miss some Skins in the bank preview?

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Some skins don’t show by default in the bank, unless you’ve unlocked them. The Lava Skull and anniversary backpacks are among those.

Posted by: Greener.6204

Greener.6204

Some skins don’t show by default in the bank, unless you’ve unlocked them. The Lava Skull and anniversary backpacks are among those.

This is correct. For example, you can see that the Lava Skull Backpack has the flag “HideIfLocked”. If you’d like to get to a skin’s API page in the future, there is now a link to it on the corresponding wiki page.

G R E E N E R

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

That’s kind of silly of ANet to do that. If they are hidden not everyone will know they are an option and do the content to get them. They should all be unlocked to show all those possible skins and content.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

That’s kind of silly of ANet to do that. If they are hidden not everyone will know they are an option and do the content to get them. They should all be unlocked to show all those possible skins and content.

Agreed and from what I understand it’s not just back skins. Can anyone confirm?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Just a flesh wound.3589

I know new gem store items don’t show up on the character wardrobe, at least for a while (not sure about bank wardrobe). Which I thought was not a good design. I’ve wanted to preview new items before purchase from my character wardrobe and couldn’t, because I didn’t own them already. Seems like ANet would figure that easy access to previews would increase sales.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I know new gem store items don’t show up on the character wardrobe, at least for a while (not sure about bank wardrobe). Which I thought was not a good design. I’ve wanted to preview new items before purchase from my character wardrobe and couldn’t, because I didn’t own them already. Seems like ANet would figure that easy access to previews would increase sales.

Agreed, it would be logical advertising especially for those with OCD that just have to collect everything.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

This!
Pls Anet

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

LadyRhonwyn.2501

There are a few head skins, mostly Black Lion Store items, 2 shoulder skins, and one entire armor skin (Glorious Hero’s, which is gained in PvP). And in the Heavy Armor line, the Revenant stuff is also HideIfLocked.

In the weapon’s wardrobe, there are few too, most importantly the Crimson Assassin skins (from SAB). There are few tridents, harpoon guns and spears too, I don’t think you can still get them… And the Caladbholg skins are also locked.

Hibiskus.8294

Ok, did´nt know that they hide them, when you dont have them….ok Anet that is really some sort of strange, since i have not know that the Lava skull backpack exists, and i do Content slowly……well now that i KNOW that it exists i have more incentive to do the Content from the new maps (ok still missing one map in the old, but i was thinking a while ago: man there is NO backpack what i would want to get….and now…THIS absolut amazing backpack…and i just know about it because i see it BY RANDOM in the wiki…now i WANT TO PLAY the Content…before i was like: well there is nothing really good…so why should i Play the new Content….

(by the way is there a Chance that they hide an ice backpack?)

Just a flesh wound you are totally right, i would not do the Content……but now i do….it is now full Motivation for me to get this Thing…..

Just a flesh wound.3589

Ok, did´nt know that they hide them, when you dont have them….ok Anet that is really some sort of strange, since i have not know that the Lava skull backpack exists, and i do Content slowly……well now that i KNOW that it exists i have more incentive to do the Content from the new maps (ok still missing one map in the old, but i was thinking a while ago: man there is NO backpack what i would want to get….and now…THIS absolut amazing backpack…and i just know about it because i see it BY RANDOM in the wiki…now i WANT TO PLAY the Content…before i was like: well there is nothing really good…so why should i Play the new Content….

(by the way is there a Chance that they hide an ice backpack?)

Just a flesh wound you are totally right, i would not do the Content……but now i do….it is now full Motivation for me to get this Thing…..

I don’t think there’s an ice backpack but there’s the Icebrood Horn Backpack (Bitterfrost Frontier)

Attachments:

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Eh, I think that for old skins that can no longer be obtained, its actually better if they are hidden until acquired. Otherwise, you have newer players who will have a permanently unobtainable skin on display in their wardrobe, for no good reason, because no matter what they do they cannot obtain it.

Hibiskus.8294

Just a flesh wound: oh WOW, never seen this…it Looks really cool, thanks for showing me that. ^^

OriOri: yeah…for unobtainable items i think it would be some sort of ok…but…well you see: most backpacks that are posted here are obtainable….(ok for the anniversary a new Player must wait 4 years…but it is still obtainable….and a reason to Play)…also the Lava skull and now the Icebrood Horn backpack…i mean wich reason do they have to hide such beauties….when you dont know that they are there….you can not try to get them….until you discover them by random….i would like to see what i could get…then i Google where to get…and then i do the things to get These backpacks / items…and it takes some month where i am filled with anticipation, to finally get the backpack…and while i play they release new things that i maybe want to get……

Just a flesh wound.3589

Eh, I think that for old skins that can no longer be obtained, its actually better if they are hidden until acquired. Otherwise, you have newer players who will have a permanently unobtainable skin on display in their wardrobe, for no good reason, because no matter what they do they cannot obtain it.

Well, I don’t care much about unobtainable items, however the thread is about obtainable but hidden from the wardrobe items that if you don’t know about them, don’t show up until you accidentally do the content or get the item that unlocks them.

Which is a silly system.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

LadyRhonwyn.2501

Well, I don’t care much about unobtainable items, however the thread is about obtainable but hidden from the wardrobe items that if you don’t know about them, don’t show up until you accidentally do the content or get the item that unlocks them.

Which is a silly system.

I just wish there was a way to hide skins yourself… There are a few skins I know I’ll never get but are still visible.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Some items are available for preview even if they aren’t in the Wardrobe, such as the Icebrood Horn backpack and Lava Skull packback.

And, of course, for those unwilling to venture into new lands, there’s always the Wiki. =)

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Ok, well i just added the lave skull backpack to my shopping list thanks to this thread