Missing Living Story already

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: qotsa.1896

qotsa.1896

It dawned on me yesterday while I was standing around for 20 minutes doing nothing; that I already miss living story. I was a huge fan of completing this storyline last week and getting rid of Scarlet, but what do we do now?
I think it might have been a bad idea to cut the cord the way anet did.

Whats your thought??

Posted by: nGumball.1283

nGumball.1283

Well, Anet said they gonna start a season two with a different model this time and we gonna have a pause in-between. Living story is hopefully moving forward with even better quality.

And while I would argue that the last LS wasn’t on the same quality as the game itself, it was a nice addition for people who took the time to enjoy the story. If you have the right mentality to enjoy such content, the world will truely feel living and many does indeed.

LS1 was a nice thing seeing new chars, missing others and hating others to the point of death. Cutting it down like this for a pause is nice for some fresh time where stuff can clear out. We will see their approche to the 2nd season and other kind of content.

Anet is as bad as Blizzard when it comes to solving things but sometimes they just nail it like they did via release.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I hope the break between Living Story Season One and Living Story Season Two isn’t too long. The break at Wintersday seemed very long, and we had all the Wintersday festivities to do.

I am looking forward to whatever is in store for us. =)

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

That’s the problem with temporary content like the LS. Once it is gone what do you do?

I would suggest taking this time to farm world bosses and dungeons to stock up on any ascended mats you might need. Precursor crafting will probably require stacks and stacks of ascended mats.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Im glad its finally over, I didn’t play it for the last 5 months.
I’d much rather have feature updates only. And real content.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

If the Living story was less of a sideshow, and actually affected the world, I might say bring on more. as it is only a distraction from the absence of anything else to do in the game, I think Anet should put some more effort into longer chains of events into the open world. And less instant gratification for zergs achievement point farming and worthless trophy drops.

a·chieve·ment [uh-cheev-muhnt]
noun
1. something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed: his remarkable achievements in art.
2. act of achieving; attainment or accomplishment: the achievement of one’s object.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

Are you saying that what we have been experiencing isn’t “real content”?

If so, please describe what “real content” is.

I have been having a blast with the Living Story(not every single patch, but most. Plus the LS has been getting so much better since the Tower of Nightmares).

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I have to admit that after the LS I’ve been conditioned to look for the latest zerg event. It feels weird not to have one anymore.

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I miss the Dredge Weapons Facility.

I miss the Queen’s Pavilion.

I’d go play those for a bit… If the game would let me.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

I really miss very little of the living story. The only parts I miss are the instances we got early on. Sadly, so much of the living story degraded into massive zerg content. =/

Posted by: Vax Tezhme.7128

Vax Tezhme.7128

I am with the OP. I like the new set of things to do every two weeks or so. I know a break is a good idea.. but yeah I miss it.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’m not sure I miss it, but it feels weird not having anything specific to do for a change. I am curious to see any changes to the format though.

For now…it’s back to my neglected alts!!

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Are you saying that what we have been experiencing isn’t “real content”?

If so, please describe what “real content” is.

I have been having a blast with the Living Story(not every single patch, but most. Plus the LS has been getting so much better since the Tower of Nightmares).

so you think doing the same 2 zerg events in Lions Arch for two weeks is real content?

take a look at what guild wars beyond offered and tell me living story is real content

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This is why all the cries for “Living Story stinks” don’t make any sense.

You want an expansion? OK, sure, lets give you 3 classes, half a dozen maps, new weapons and skills and all.

Give your hardcore player a month, your casual player 6 months – and they’re bored. Anything and everything worth exploring and playing out loses its luster.

Living Story content is small, I agree. But when you have new stuff coming every few weeks, it keeps the excitement going.

Having a huge content drop and then nothing for 1-2 years is boring and unsustainable in the current MMO climate.

Posted by: ellesee.8297

ellesee.8297

i hope the LS season 2 has a 99% reduction in 500 man hordes all mashing their auto attack button. and i hope i don’t have to pick between being laggy and possibly crashing or having my entire game graphically look like doo doo.

#1 Engi NA and world first rank 80!
#1 Frandliest person NA!
http://www.twitch.tv/Livskis

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is why all the cries for “Living Story stinks” don’t make any sense.

You want an expansion? OK, sure, lets give you 3 classes, half a dozen maps, new weapons and skills and all.

Give your hardcore player a month, your casual player 6 months – and they’re bored. Anything and everything worth exploring and playing out loses its luster.

Living Story content is small, I agree. But when you have new stuff coming every few weeks, it keeps the excitement going.

Having a huge content drop and then nothing for 1-2 years is boring and unsustainable in the current MMO climate.

No one is asking for that?

People want what other MMO’s offer. Large expansions every 1.5-2 years IN ADDITION to large PERMANENT content/feature updates every 2-4 months.

Wow offers an expansion every 1.5-2 years and additional feature updates every 3-4 months.

Rift is similar.

Wildstar is going the more aggressive route of expansions + feature updates every 4 weeks.

None of those games remove the content.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure what the difference is between removing the content, and leaving it there for everyone to ignore. There is lots of content in GW2 that is often said to be a wasteland. ‘All the maps, save Queensdale and XX are empty!’ is what we hear. I have a suspicion that if all the content had been left in, we would still be hearing the same thing.

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

I’m not sure what the difference is between removing the content, and leaving it there for everyone to ignore. There is lots of content in GW2 that is often said to be a wasteland. ‘All the maps, save Queensdale and XX are empty!’ is what we hear. I have a suspicion that if all the content had been left in, we would still be hearing the same thing.

Thus why old content should also be improved upon, expanded, and servers removed or made meaningless outside of WvW.

In theory, LS could acchieve that. “Go back to existing map for new stuff!” But it didn’t. It added a single temporary instance, a temporary chain of (mostly zerg-driven event cycling), and then removed it for the next zerg-cycling. All the problems in the old maps still reside there: the generic rewards, the non-existence of challenging content, the dynamic events as they were at launch, and no will to explore those maps again once the grindy, generic renown heart tasks and wp/ vista searching are complete.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If that is the case, I don’t see what an expansion will bring but more of the same. Just more maps, and, after a bit of time, less people in each one.

Maybe, though, the population will swell, and all maps, old and new, will be brimming with players. =)

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

People want what other MMO’s offer.

Funny. And I particularly chose GW2 because of its promise to deliver something else than what every other MMO already offers …

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I have the feeling we will see a nice expansion of Tyria and other parts of the game this year. The first batch will arrive even before the launch in China. The other parts will follow not long time after the launch.

Do not worry. LW will continue sooner as expected.