Missing Rune of The Traveler???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I took screen shots to enhance this for you all.

My husband and I are… confused to say the least.

We’re decked out with 6 exotic runes of the Traveler cause… we like our speed.

However, for the first time, I noticed I was swimming slow in the water, so, I checked my armor and as per the screen shots, in the water, it’ll read me as 5/6.

Out of the water: 6/6

I can only gather it was probably because of the aqua breather, which he and I both swear that before now, it wasn’t always like that, that if you have 6/6 that applied to you being in water as well. Or am I just crazy and it’a always been that way?

Attachments:

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

You need to put a rune on your aqua breather if you want 6/6 underwater. When underwater, your land head gear is taken off for the aqua breather.

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

In the water, your water head piece replaces your helmet, so yeah, you need the rune in it, too. And afaik, it’s always worked that way. Definitely has for as long as I’ve had travelers runes (which is over a year now, I think.)

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

What the above posters said and to add a little more it has ALWAYS been like this. Maybe you just never noticed it with other runes because the effect was not so noticeable as the movement one from the Traveller rune is?

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

[…] Or am I just crazy and it’a always been that way? (sic!)

This. Since this is easly overlooked, I suggest to find yourselves somekind of reminder to always buy/craft sets of 7 runes.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

As said above, you actually need 7 runes to give 6/6 all the time. Worse the common rebreathers are unsalvageable, meaning you can’t extract the rune on them by salvaging.

I have suggested they get rid of the underwater helm and use the runes and stats from the normal head gear but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

This issue also applies to Agony Resist where there is no slot on any rebreather, so you lose 5 AR fighting under water. In this case it may be preferable to use 5 bits of ascended armor along with exotic head gear to save on costs.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

As said above, you actually need 7 runes to give 6/6 all the time. Worse the common rebreathers are unsalvageable, meaning you can’t extract the rune on them by salvaging.

I have suggested they get rid of the underwater helm and use the runes and stats from the normal head gear but I don’t see that happening any time soon.

This issue also applies to Agony Resist where there is no slot on any rebreather, so you lose 5 AR fighting under water. In this case it may be preferable to use 5 bits of ascended armor along with exotic head gear to save on costs.

They really should do away with the breathers imo. It’s just such an annoying system and confusing to some people. All they need to do is have an aqua breather slot specifically for a different skin for our helmet while under water. This way it still looks realistic and all those skins they created do not go to waste. Yet I don’t think they made too many skins but still…

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Yeah .. i also suggested that in a lot of threads .. and no .. i more or less avoid
underwater combat and don’t have expensive runes in my green lvl 77 aquabreathers.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

There is a similar issue as well with the way certain sigils work in the same situation… any sigil that gives a bonus to speed, power, prec etc per kill, will disappear whenever you enter the water UNLESS you have that same sigil equipped on your water weapon as well.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

This is the main reason I do not fight underwater, because I’m a cheap and lazy person who doen’t want to invest 10 gold on 18 characters to be able to fight underwater (which wil not be an issue until I need to slaughter bubbles.)

-Edit- make that 15 characters, cause the main characters I use for fractals DO have the headgear rune..

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is why I’ve suggested that breathers be turned into skins: they aren’t required to breathe underwater, so there’s never been any reason (since before launch) for them to be gear, requiring a 7th piece of armor underwater.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

This is why I’ve suggested that breathers be turned into skins: they aren’t required to breathe underwater, so there’s never been any reason (since before launch) for them to be gear, requiring a 7th piece of armor underwater.

I also don’t wish them as skins, since most of them are simply ugly and i hate that
i can’t even make them invisible. They should just be removed in total.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.