Missing temple in orr?

Missing temple in orr?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: raiden.9024

raiden.9024

maybe im mixing up lore but shouldnt Abaddon have a temple on orr ? it was were the gods walk before and taken from Wiki

“Despite the Forgotten leaving the world of Tyria, the Gods did not falter in the development of the world. One of the Gods, Abaddon, introduced the most influential creation in all of Tyria: magic. Its purpose was to make the lives of all intellectual races easier, but it soon became used as weapons and caused inter-racial wars throughout the world. "

so for the guy who gave us nerco’s ele and any other kind of magic he got no temple ?

he didnt try to take over the world until proph’s after orr sank.

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

It’s still sunken and defaced, lying north of the Straits of Sacrilege. I think.

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

Yep, and you go there in one of the personal story quests.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, there is a Personal Story step in the late 70’s that takes you into that temple.

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Thecomstarbaby.6284

Thecomstarbaby.6284

Abaddon is in orr when you do the story where your freeing the relics under water with the seawich not sure what her name is but he is dead at the final boss fight. Look and you see his head cant miss it freaked me out though he was going to wake up when i first seen it and was getting ready to do /dance :-)

Missing temple in orr?

Blackwolfe.5649

Final bossfight as in arah? Because Im pretty sure the one in the temple is just a statue.

Game over

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Thecomstarbaby.6284

Thecomstarbaby.6284

no not in arah it was a story quest 1/2 under water 1/2 above kill a ghost and use the essence to unlock the path. At the end of the story that boss fight Abbadons head was there and it took up 1/2 the screen it was with the under water lady she has wings and wears a mask like bane from batman.

Missing temple in orr?

Blackwolfe.5649

Yeah, Im well aware of that storyquest but Im pretty sure its not the actual Abaddon.

Its a temple, of course there will be statues and depictins of Abaddon, however big or small.

Game over

(edited by Blackwolfe.5649)

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Jaher Dal.9503

Jaher Dal.9503

Is there more than on Abbadon? The underwater temple is called Temple of the Forgotten God for a reason.

Missing temple in orr?

Blackwolfe.5649

No there is just the one, but abaddon is sealed in the realm of torment. When I said “not the actual” abaddon, I refered to the fact that its simply a statue or a depiction of some sorts.

Abaddon is also sometimes refered to as the forgotten god.

Game over

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

Abaddon is also dead. DEAD dead, not just forgotten. So he ain’t coming back.

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Abaddon is also dead. DEAD dead, not just forgotten. So he ain’t coming back.

None of the human gods are(for now), although if they return and demand temples to be built in their honor, they would obviously need a new sixth one for the God of Truth, who succeeded Abaddon. Whether the human gods would force their worshipers to build monuments for them is questionable, but there’s at least some evidence to suggest they’re not completely benevolent beings. It’s suggested that at least one of them overthrew a more ancient god himself.

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Abaddon remember me that hero from DotA, perhaps the name was inspired by this gw god.

But yes that watertemple was considered a temple like dwayna or balthazar if i remember reading

I took an arrow to the knee

Missing temple in orr?

Posted by: Duke Darkwood.4237

Duke Darkwood.4237

More like both Abaddons – and the many others in other games – come from the biblical reference.

As for the topic: Technically, you never fight ANY of the gods, but their high priests, raised by Zhaitan as Risen. It can perhaps be assumed that Abaddon’s had no suitable high priest to raise – either they’re all too old (Abaddon was cast out in 1 BE, while Arah was inhabited by humans until 1170 AE), or maybe the bodies were burned or otherwise destroyed when Abaddon was cast out.