Mission Control - Give to everybody?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fizzle.8926

Fizzle.8926

Is there a reason to restrict access to this feature? I can’t find a clear answer on this. What’s the benefit to restricting access? Does it affect how much favor the guild gets?

I would think let people run it whenever they want, but maybe I’m not seeing the big picture.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

Trolls able to click abandon and trigger the timeout?

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’ve given mission control to all members of my guild with the exception of new members.

Trolls able to click abandon and trigger the timeout?

Well, if there are trolls doing this, I imagine they wouldn’t be in a guild for long if that were to happen. The timer doesn’t last very long.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

From what I can see, the guild leader can give that ability to everyone if they wished. If you feel that your guild should have it so that everyone can have mission control, talk to your guild leader.

Fizzle.8926

Thanks for the responses. I am the guild leader, but I didn’t want to just hand the right away if there was a purpose to keep it restricted. I thought maybe it might limit the amount of favor the guild would earn towards upgrades.

More people do the mission at the same time, the better the favor reward? That was my big concern. I prefer to let people earn their guild missions on their own time schedule if they want to.

I appreciate the feedback

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The favor reward for the guild is a constant. Some missions need more people doing them at once, so having everyone launching them willy nilly throughout the day to get their personal rewards (no guild favor from that) and then not feeling like aiding the group effort that needs to succeed to get favor could be an issue.

I think the biggest issue, assuming no active trolls, is that some timed missions can get triggered by someone absentmindedly, accidentally, or misunderstandingly pressing the button while the mission is getting organized. Then you have everyone wrongfooted or not even in the map yet, it all falls apart, and you’ve wasted a hunk of time.

So if you have good communication in your guild and nice people, you may as well give out control so that even those who didn’t get in on a mission can relaunch it for personal rewards at their convenience (eg the Trek, where even the hardest one can give out a personal reward for reaching just one spot).

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

As with almost any question of guild management, it depends on the guild and its members:

• Small guild with people who understand the game’s mechanics? Mission control, sure.
  • Large guild that welcomes new people daily? No, keep mission control with trusted officers or at least, long term members.

One guild I’m in, everyone gets MC — everyone knows what happens if you start up the mission too soon and (nearly) everyone can usefully set up on their own to get commendations or even favor.

Another guild I’m in, there are always 2-3 people in missions that just have to press [f] whenever possible.

So the policy that is great for the first guild would be a disaster for the second and vice-versa.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I always keep mission control open for everyone in my guild. That way, after our official guild mission night, anyone that had to miss can get personal credit easier and small groups wanting to do something fun (6 man puzzles are interesting) can do so.

A word of warning though – that same permission also allows members to alter the mission type for the coming week. Someone in my guild accidently did this a few weeks back, which kept us from doing the missions we wanted that week.

Just something to keep an eye on, especially in a larger guild. It would be nice if those permissions were separated on the interface, but I understand the need to keep it simple as well.

Fizzle.8926

Great info. Thank you so much for the feedback.