Mission Impossible: Fractal Dagger

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

In the same boat as you mate. I’ve been hunting for my Fractal Longbow since this summer.

Also – I just got the short bow today. Isn’t life sad?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Avecess.8513

Avecess.8513

Hi Rock,
This has been an issue for high level fractal runners for quite some time now.
Countless stories of no weapons after months of play, or a weapon being completely useless when obtained (mes getting 3 hammers etc).

We were told about a new reward system that would allow players to (RNG) get weapon chests so that they could choose a skin, but this was not implemented (hopefully one day).

As for the inclusion of ascended armor chests/weapons in the reward rotation and then making them drop more (do they?) – I don’t’ believe this is a good thing for fractals. Seeing how it can very well further diminish any hope of getting that one skin someone wants.
Intentional? I would like to know as well.

I sincerely hope that Anet can improve Fractal rewards soon. And while doing so give us more uses for the pristine relics.

(edited by Avecess.8513)

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Wow, I got both the longbow and dagger lol. Would love to trade either for the sword >.>

I think a price of 1.5k relics and 30 prestine relics is a fair price for a fractal skin.

Posted by: Vystirch.3418

Vystirch.3418

Hi Rock,
This has been an issue for high level fractal runners for quite some time now.
Countless stories of no weapons after months of play, or a weapon being completely useless when obtained (mes getting 3 hammers etc).

At least now you can save that skin and use it on alts that can wield hammers!

Treebeard, “That doesn’t make sense to me. But, then again, you are very small.”

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I feel like the Fractured update increase the skin drop rate.
before that, I did well over 500 fractals, and found a total of 1 skin during that time
after the update, I got 2 skins within 10 runs.
hehe, reminds me of a guildie of mine. before the update, we did a lvl 32 fractals then lvl 28. he got two dagger skins – one from each of them.

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

I’m glad I got one “back in the day”. Now with changes I’ll be able to dual wield! :-)

Since reward-level reset I haven’t gone back to fractals.

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I haven’t received a single Fractal skin since last summer.
Great design, working as intended.

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

same here…i want that dagger too….gave up after 3 months of fractal daily runs.. instead i got 3 ascended weapon boxes and 2 armor boxes, all of them with useless stats:)

#ELEtism

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

One guy from my former guild was so happy when he got his second dagger. Of course, he play for 1 year to get them both

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

i find it daily a miracle, why on tyrias earth those silly legendary weapons are sellable in the TP, but Fractal Weapons not ..

Should ANet make Fractal Weapons finally sellable in the TP, then would this problem here solved and people which are total Fractal Freaks would have somethign with that they can make money with.
Add to this then also a kind of Fractal Level Emote, so that people can see a difference between peole who “bought” their Fractal Weapon" and those, who most likely earned them and everything would be fine.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

I have 3 daggers……the ones I am missing are the AXE, the staff, the shield and the longbow. I think thats it, I have all the others (2x spears, 3x sceptres)….and all obtained prior to fractured….I’ve gotten none since fractured.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I’ve gotten 3 daggers, staff, and focus.. and never the sword. It’s like this for everyone it seems.

Posted by: Mosharn.8357

Mosharn.8357

im almost close to 500 fractals and ive gotten 1 frac dag and 1 shamans wep chest. 70% of those fractals i didnt even get a drop(ring/wep/chest). I really hate how anet has screwd the fractal players for so long. Maybe there is hope for us in the feature patch.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

its just too much rng grind there, that needs to get reduded and more variety in rewards.
To fractal weapons should always belogn also Fractal Armor Sets just as example …

Getting Ascended stuff in general must become more of a graspable progress and not a chore, that is locked behind time gatign and rng everywhere in the game or partwise in regard of accessoires behind laurel grind of dailies/monthlies, but thats just a different form of time gating again…

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Forestgreen.7981

Forestgreen.7981

http://imgur.com/qbFelvc

I wish I can sell these on TP. I stopped running fractals months and months ago.

Posted by: leng jai.2961

leng jai.2961

Fractal weapons are an absolute farce. Ridiculous that the problem still hasn’t been addressed.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

(hopefully one day).

Ahahahaha.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is why I support a token system for Fractals, the way it was done for SAB. (Or maybe you get a Fractal skin chest for completing a Fractals meta-achievement.)

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

I have every weapon now, besides the focus. I have doubles, triples, and even fifths of a lot of them. Not sure what you are doing wrong :/

TBH Leave fractals weapons the way they are. It’s the only skins in the game that are a rare drop RNG. The concept of RNG skins creates uniqueness. Everyone wants everything handed to them… I like the idea of having something, other people can’t get. (I know flame on, “this guy is only saying that because he has them all”)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I used to hunt for the Dagger, gave up a very long time ago after like 300 fractals.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

212 Pristine relics, still no mace and no warhorn. The sad part is that I don’t even really like them anymore. Its just become this mythical achievement that I feel must be conquered.

I think we all know that fractal rewards are a joke. I <3 RNG /sarcasm

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have every weapon now, besides the focus. I have doubles, triples, and even fifths of a lot of them. Not sure what you are doing wrong :/

TBH Leave fractals weapons the way they are. It’s the only skins in the game that are a rare drop RNG. The concept of RNG skins creates uniqueness. Everyone wants everything handed to them… I like the idea of having something, other people can’t get. (I know flame on, “this guy is only saying that because he has them all”)

Yeah. You’ve just been VERY lucky with the Fractal skins. It’s like the guy who throws in four random Rares in the MF, gets Dusk back on his first attempt, and thinks the drop rate is working great. It’s just that your experiences are colouring your opinion of the system.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

been trying to get a fractal sword since forever. joked around and said id get bolt or infinite light before I for a frac sword. I have now have bolt and im half way to infinite light