Mister E solved!!!!

Mister E solved!!!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Ok I’ve read all sorts of speculation on who Mr. E is.
however, no one has mentioned Master Spy Swiftwalker!!

He knows who we (the player) are, knows of our deeds and actions. Is able to change appearance, and able to sneak up on someone with being seen.

If anyone fits the description of Mr. E it’s this guy.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Master_Spy_Swiftwalker

You can thank me later!

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

And how exactly does he make more sense than any of the other suggestions?

He knows about us because he is a spy, but he’s a minor NPC with no importance to the plot. It would be incredibly bad storytelling if it were him. Not to mention Marjory would have been aware of it were a Charr who had held her from behind…

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

He knows about us because he is a spy, but he’s a minor NPC with no importance to the plot. It would be incredibly bad storytelling if it were him. Not to mention Marjory would have been aware of it were a Charr who had held her from behind…

Indeed, you can look different, but I’m willing to be a Charr and human smell different for a start.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Perhaps, but an unknown NPC as one who is behind everything, in my opinion, makes more sense then a well known NPC.

Perhaps, however, if he can change appearance, it is possible the said Charr is either a mesmer, or has some other abilities that are yet unknown.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

Thank you sir for pointing out this pun

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: Castigator.3470

Castigator.3470

This Ash Legion spy looks like he has the license to kill, but wait a second…

He seems to have knowledge of your exploits.

No! This can’t be possible. I must hide.

Anyways, the biggest issue with Mister E. being a Charr has been, that Marjory insists, that the person she spoke had hands, not paws with large claws and she didn’t seem to notice any reddish-brown striped fur.

On the other hand, mesmer magic has been largely responsible for the Biggest Fear mission, where we learned, that Tactician Syska had been replaced by Labwan the Deciever.

Disguises themselves seem to have some magic qualities. When I explored the Brisban Wildlands my Charr Engineer has been perfectly disguised as a human bandit, with no fur, horns, tails or claws poking out, which makes it seem trivial for a Mesmer to hide someones appearance behind an illusion.

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Perhaps, but an unknown NPC as one who is behind everything, in my opinion, makes more sense then a well known NPC.

Perhaps, however, if he can change appearance, it is possible the said Charr is either a mesmer, or has some other abilities that are yet unknown.

Ok but what somehow makes this random NPC a more viable choice than any other random NPC, especially some random Order of Whispers NPC.

It’s an incredibly bad mystery if it turns out to be something players cannot guess or provide evidence towards.

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

He knows who we (the player) are, knows of our deeds and actions. Is able to change appearance, and able to sneak up on someone with being seen.

Mis-wordings like this tend to make me think. Which is more impressive, sneaking up on someone without being seen or sneaking up on someone while being seen.

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s several points in the story where magic is shown to be capable of completely changing the appearance of a person. Tybalt (a male charr) event gets discussed as Demmi Beetlestone (a human girl). So if Mr E is a Mesmer, or works with a Mesmer, what Marjory saw and felt means nothing.

But that also means (along with the little we know about him) that he could be pretty much anyone.

Mis-wordings like this tend to make me think. Which is more impressive, sneaking up on someone without being seen or sneaking up on someone while being seen.

I definitely prefer the idea of sneaking up on someone while being seen. You’re not actually hidden, they just don’t see you.

Like the witches in His Dark Materials (and the witches in Discworld) who don’t make themselves invisible but make themselves so nondescript that people just don’t notice them, or if they do they don’t think about it for more than a second and quickly forget they were there.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mister E solved!!!!

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I am actually convinced our Great Unknown is hiding in plain sight; it is MarjorEE!

Worse yet, she’s not trying to help. It’s the classic narrative twist of a ostensive friend shaping up as the story’s antagonist, manipulating the protagonist along her scheme all the way.

She is wearing a long black leather coat even in the hottest climate; that outfit is practically screaming “I’m secretly evil”. Imagine how she must smell under that. -.- Also it is bringing up reminiscences from the less-than-glorious german past.

Probably, like known from D&D, a dragon clandestinely walking the world in magically gained human shape.

I’m scared to think about what she might have done with my cute little grey gnome while he was in the memory seed induced vision. Creeeepy!

Oh, spread the message and the hashtag, must warn Tyria before her evil setup unfolds! #MarjoryIsEvil
Otherwise we’re steering towards the next cataclysmic turn, the The Searing and the The Cataclysm were just the beginning!

Oh, also I want a sword, focus and a scepter skin in her idiosyncratic style in the Gem Shop!

/em increasingly loses it
/em runs, manically laughing, back into his home instance

#MarjoryIsReallyEvil
#KittenYesImeanIt

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.