Mistfire Wolf

Mistfire Wolf

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: monalisa.9472

monalisa.9472

In the skills section there is a tag for the Mistfire Wolf as an elite skill. However there is no indication of what you need to get this wolf. Does anybody know?

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

You need to have purchased some sort of special edition of the game for it to be unlocked.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

You have to have purchased the Digital Deluxe Edition or what ever other ones had it. It’s a garbage skill anyway so if you don’t have access to it no loss. It is more of an early elite skill / status skill.

The Burninator

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: monalisa.9472

monalisa.9472

Oh great thanks for the reply and also that I am not missing out on something great. It is probably like the silly sunglasses one other game gave you for buying an elite edition lol

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

It’s too weak compared to the “real” elites to be worth keeping. It doesn’t even work underwater. Its use lies in two factors: it looks cool, and you can use it the moment you turn 30 without paying skill points.

Which are nice, but hardly game breaking or must-haves. Just a teeny benefit of having bought a more expensive version of the game.

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Actually its the elite I use most of all. It makes plenty of dmg and recharges fast:) No “garbage skill” is u ask me, Just Trogdor!

Kima & Co

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Shufflepants.9785

Shufflepants.9785

I bought the deluxe edition as soon as it was available and I knew that mistfire wolf would likely be slightly less good than other elites, but I like it for the fact that not all classes and races have an elite than can summon another pet/ally. It is nice for variety and also cause you get it at 30 without having to save up skill points.

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Dafomen.7892

Dafomen.7892

Misfire Wolf is wonderful for solo play:

- short cooldown

- good damage with an AOE

- and damage sponge

This won’t end well…

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

One of the builds I use is Spirit Guardian for Solo play. I find that the Mistfire Wolf is a excellent addition to my skills, due to it’s cooldown, and AOE.
Thematically, it also makes sense over the profession elites for this type of character.

I would place it slightly above average for usefulness if you were to list off all the profession and racial elites in game (of all races/professions)

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Depending on the class you are playing, the Mistfire can be a good option.
On my mesmer while leveling/PvE I use it.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

Mistfire Wolf

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I still use it for certain characters and situations. Not every character has stealth or speed. Drop a wolf on the mob that just wont give up, and go about what ever it was you trying to do, like open a chest or mine a rich node.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.