Mithril and the Empty Keg Conundrum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

This has almost certainly be encountered by every player who has ever crafted empty Kegs for their guild upgrades. Chef’s cannot refine mithril ore into the ingots needed to craft empty kegs. This means either hoping that your chef has a second crafting skill that can refine mithril, or else switching characters to another that can. It seems a silly oversight, but annoying.

It would be nice if ANET would add the ability for a chef to refine mithril now that they have added the need for mithril in chef crafting.

On a related note, it is an equally annoying oversight that a Jeweler cannot purchase the necessary thermocatalytic reagents needed to make glass mugs from the Master Jeweler.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

You can just walk a bit over and talk to one of the other master crafters to buy the reagents. It doesn’t require having the matching craft.

You can also have up to 4 crafts per character if you really want to.

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I am aware of both. As I said above, they simply seem like silly oversights. However if you pick up another crafting profession, that also then necessitates leveling it up to at least the minimum level to refine mithril, which IMO is a waste of crafting mats if not already done, for something that should have been included when they added the recipes to the game.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

How many people have high enough crafting in chef but not in almost any other profession to make this an issue?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

I have to go with the OP on this one. Chef’s should be able to craft mithril ingots now. Also, the reagents should be sold by master jewelers and master chefs. It’s pretty minor, but the change would make sense.

Maybe huntsman would be a better choice for making kegs.