Mithrillium/Elder Spirit Residue Salvaging

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sylum.1806

Sylum.1806

Despite MO’s announcement on the indefinite suspension on new Legendaries, I kept faith that they will eventually be revisited and released.

And so, with my experience in crafting the Tooth of Frostfang and H.O.P.E.’s precursor in mind, I started crafting Lumps of Mithrillium and Globs of Elder Spirit Residue on a regular basis. This is so I can avoid the time-gating when the new Legendary sword is finally in the game.

But now with Matt’s announcement on the new Legendary paradigm reducing the development time for future legendaries, I’m left having wasted thousands of Mithril Ores and Elder Wood Logs on Lumps and Globs that I can’t use for new legendaries.

I sincerely ask ArenaNet to look into possibly allowing Lumps and Globs to be used for the crafting of the new precursors, or in the alternative, allow the Lumps and Globs to be dissolved into their component materials similar to how Gifts of Fortune were allowed to be dissolved following the changes to Legendary crafting after the launch of HoT.

Thanks

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can already convert Mithrillium and Spirit Residue:

• Finish refining them mats
  • Sell those.
  • Use your new coin to buy mithril and elder wood.

I’m not sure why ANet should go out of its way. They told us that we wouldn’t see new legendaries any time soon and you went ahead and assumed that, if & when they returned, that the process would be the same as before. They didn’t mislead us, they didn’t steer us down the wrong path; I don’t think they should spend their limited developer time to solve a problem that they had no hand in creating.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Also, the ascended mats, as opposed to the Gifts, can already be used for other things.

Posted by: preacher.9370

preacher.9370

And honestly, mithril is so easy to come by without even going near a node… I have three stacks of raw and refined, with overflow raw in a bank tab, I can’t use it faster then I can get it just from salvaging.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

There’s a reason activities like this are known as speculation: it’s based on a number of assumptions or (hopefully informed) guesses rather than solid info and there’s no guarantee all, or any, of them will prove correct. Which means there’s always a risk that it will go wrong and you will be left with an overall loss.

In this case I think even if you could convert them back into the raw materials you’d end up worse off. Mithril especially has really dropped in price recently, last time I looked the ore was worth about 30c each. Elder wood isn’t so bad but it’s not nearly as expensive as it was.

As other people said you’d probably be better off converting whatever you don’t need into the finished ascended materials and selling those, you’ll probably make more gold that way and can then buy stuff you do need.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

And honestly, mithril is so easy to come by without even going near a node… I have three stacks of raw and refined, with overflow raw in a bank tab, I can’t use it faster then I can get it just from salvaging.

Same here.

I’ve stopped harvesting it unless I’m using my watchwork pick (and then only for the sprockets). I’ve got 250 ingots in a guild bank, another 250 in material storage and 250 ore. After that I started selling it off because I really don’t need to hold onto more than that.

(Only reason I’ve got that much is I’m thinking about making an ascended sword some time soon.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”