Miyani is annoying to deal with.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

Could Miyani PLEASE stop asking if I’m sure I wanna use Spirit Shards to buy Philo-stones, Crystals, and Siege Master Guides?

Currently my biggest pet peeve about the new spirit shard system is she asks EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Can we put the “Are you sure” message on everything 10 shards and up please?

I do not buy my materials once at a time, and once per day, and losing a spirit shard or three is not the end of any world, but having to click even more than before is just so irksome.

Posted by: Chilipadiboy.9340

Chilipadiboy.9340

Not everyone can afford to lose 3 spirit shards…

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

A tick box that says “do not show this message again” would solve this for all sides

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

It’s the same with converting pristine relics to fractal relics to spirit shards. You confirm each purchase with pristine, then open all the bags. Then confirm each purchase of Dessa’s journal, then double click all of those. And there is no way to line up the “Buy” button on top of the “Yes/Confirm” button.

Posted by: SRoode.7318

SRoode.7318

Or, when you want to buy, it can come up with a window asking you how many you would like to buy (sort of like in crafting when it asks you how many of something you want to make). That way you only have to acknowledge once.

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

I have already made this point many times and got shot down for some reason. THe best way to deal with it is align the buy option with the yes button on the “would you like to” message. That way you can just spam click and still get them.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A tick box that says “do not show this message again” would solve this for all sides

No, it wouldn’t. An annoyingly large fraction of players would click this the first time they spend more than a few shards. Then, 3 days later, they would complain that they didn’t get a warning message.

No one likes being slowed down by a message, until the first time they accidentally buy an extra something — and then everyone wants it.

(Mind you, I personally prefer fewer warnings and having individuals take more responsibility for their own mistakes. However, not every player is as overly cautious as I am about spending and so I can’t really argue against ANet’s choice to offer more warnings.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

It’s the same with converting pristine relics to fractal relics to spirit shards. You confirm each purchase with pristine, then open all the bags. Then confirm each purchase of Dessa’s journal, then double click all of those. And there is no way to line up the “Buy” button on top of the “Yes/Confirm” button.

Set your interface size to small, then it will line up.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Just have options for like, 5x Siege Guides, and 10x Siege Guides. One confirmation window.

Also, if people intentionally disable a warning message, that’s clearly their fault.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Renshu.5329

Renshu.5329

No, it wouldn’t. An annoyingly large fraction of players would click this the first time they spend more than a few shards. Then, 3 days later, they would complain that they didn’t get a warning message.

No one likes being slowed down by a message, until the first time they accidentally buy an extra something — and then everyone wants it.

(Mind you, I personally prefer fewer warnings and having individuals take more responsibility for their own mistakes. However, not every player is as overly cautious as I am about spending and so I can’t really argue against ANet’s choice to offer more warnings.)

I mean this is for something completely menial. 1-3 spirit shards isn’t going to break bank for anyone. Worst case scenario I buy 2-3 extra orders and throw it in the bank. Which will likely never happen for players who have an idea of how many / fast you’re clicking

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Well then it is their fault 100% then if they choose to unclick the box. Can’t hand hold people forever.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well then it is their fault 100% then if they choose to unclick the box. Can’t hand hold people forever.

I agree with you that it would be 100% their lack of caution. ANet’s take is: we’d rather keep the customer satisfied, rather than worrying about who’s at fault. I think that’s an equally reasonable position to take and probably reduces their support costs (that many fewer tickets and cranky forum posts).

In other words, better to explain to savvy folks why there’s an error message slowing them down, than it is to explain to hasty people why they can’t get back the spirit shards they didn’t mean to spend.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Just stop Miyani from nagging me with “I hope you’re here to help”. That’s my biggest peeve with her.

And if you’re going to have her say “Maybe you can show me some moves” implement an option for me to actually show her some moves. Ahem.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Set your interface size to small, then it will line up.

Oh! Thanks I’ll do that next time

Posted by: Ice.5162

Ice.5162

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’d suggest a check box something like “Do not show this message again for 10 minutes”. I’d also like to have that applied to salvaging rares so I don’t have to click “Yes” and then restart my salvage kit again to keep salvaging.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’d suggest a check box something like “Do not show this message again for 10 minutes”. I’d also like to have that applied to salvaging rares so I don’t have to click “Yes” and then restart my salvage kit again to keep salvaging.

In another thread (about salvaging rares) someone suggested adding a a modifier key to suppress the confirmation message, e.g. [shift+click] versus just a [click]. I think that’s better than any sort of permanent or semi-permanent option, in that it means you always have consciously suppress the confirmation — it can never happen because you forgot about an option you selected earlier.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

In another thread (about salvaging rares) someone suggested adding a a modifier key to suppress the confirmation message, e.g. [shift+click] versus just a [click]. I think that’s better than any sort of permanent or semi-permanent option, in that it means you always have consciously suppress the confirmation — it can never happen because you forgot about an option you selected earlier.

Well…. what if I do want an option and I’m willing to take some personal responsibility for it? Ticking the option is tantamount to a disclaimer that any fault in using this option is my own. This is not unlike another discussion where somebody was arguing that we shouldn’t have an Open All option because somebody might lose some loot. Options aren’t bad – nobody has to use them if they don’t want to. Why not have the option for people like me, and a shift+click for people who don’t want to use the option? Everybody wins.