Miyani's items Soulbound really ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KarD.4186

KarD.4186

Well today i thought sweet i get to make an item that i wanted to make. I saved up 50skill points on my warrior and 200 on my ele I buy the required items on each toon but guess what I go to the mystic forge and find out the the Bloodstone shard is soulbound seriously Soulbound. Its not like I’m trying to mail the item to another person Anet why on earth would you make these items soulbound can you please make Miyani’s items Account bound so things like this wont happen because now i have a 200 skill point item just sitting and looking at me while i have to farm more skill points for something so lame the Npc doesn’t even say the items are soulbound. Please make these items account bound because i know im not the only person this has been burned by this.

Posted by: pchow.1956

pchow.1956

uhm why dont you just make whatever you need to make on your ele ? the end item will be account bound .

KarD.4186

I was attempting to make the Focus called the anomaly since my ele was closer to 200 and my warrior had less i thought it was a legit plan. now i’m forced to farm another 50 skill points when i shouldn’t have to. not saying its hard just annoying.

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

You can just create it on the warrior like pchow said. just put all the items needed in your bank, take it out with the warrior, create the item. The item will be soulbound on use so just put it back in the bank and pick it up with your ele.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

I was attempting to make the Focus called the anomaly since my ele was closer to 200 and my warrior had less i thought it was a legit plan. now i’m forced to farm another 50 skill points when i shouldn’t have to. not saying its hard just annoying.

I don’t get it. You want to make The Anomaly for your elementalist? And you purchased the bloodstone shard with your elementalist?. I don’t see the problem here.

Oh I see…you’re really complaining about the eldritch scroll being soulbound, not the bloodstone shard. Well that’s too bad, if you had looked closer, you would have seen that the items say: “soulbind on acquire.” I’m sorry, but there really is no way out of it but to gather 50 more skill points with your elementalist.

You can always use your warrior’s eldrrtch scroll for something else…like a mystic weapon.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(edited by Quarktastic.1027)

Quarktastic.1027

You can just create it on the warrior like pchow said. just put all the items needed in your bank, take it out with the warrior, create the item. The item will be soulbound on use so just put it back in the bank and pick it up with your ele.

He can’t do this. You can put soulbound items in the bank, but only the character the items are bound to can take them out.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

KarD.4186

i guess i was jus really excited and needed to vent alil bit but come on soulbound on aquire for items like that is alil meh should jus be account bound because as we all know mistakes do happen and yea ill have to farm 50 more jus wish i didnt have 2 :/ aww well means i get to have more fun on gw2

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

He can’t do this. You can put soulbound items in the bank, but only the character the items are bound to can take them out.

Soulbound on use

Also OP the binding properties of an item are always clearly listed in the description. If you didn’t get burned here it probably would have been something else since you didn’t read closely enough.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Quarktastic.1027

Soulbound on use

Also OP the binding properties of an item are always clearly listed in the description. If you didn’t get burned here it probably would have been something else since you didn’t read closely enough.

Both the bloodstone shard and the eldritch scroll are bound on acquire. The way I understand it, he purchased the bloodstone shard with his elementalist, and the eldritch scroll with his warrior.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

I thought you were referring to the last part of the post, “The item will be soulbound on use so just put it back in the bank and pick it up with your ele.”

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: zargnath.9524

zargnath.9524

Soulbound on use

Both the bloodstone shard and the eldritch scroll are bound on acquire. The way I understand it, he purchased the bloodstone shard with his elementalist, and the eldritch scroll with his warrior.

Yeah your right. I was just asuming that there was no recipie involving both of those items in the same “forging”. after checking the wiki I now see that I was wrong.

Gnarl Blackfur – Charr ranger
Bob – Four legged shapeshifter
HeXagonis [HeX]