Mob wooden loot chests bug?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

Hi folks.

I was wandering around Straits earlier today, doing the usual farming, nodes and events. As a mesmer my DE tagging isn’t great so i notice when i get loot. From at least 2 wooden chests i got bags. I thought chests had only items of uncommon or higher rarity, so can sumone tell me why i got bags (common) from chests? Having had a little look around the forums i didn’t see another similar post and was wondering how widespread this bug? was.

Patch notes :
In PvE, if a player is awarded loot by killing a creature and the loot is of uncommon rarity or higher, a chest will appear that contains the loot that would previously have been on the corpse. If the rarity of the loot on the creature is lower than uncommon, the loot will remain on the creature’s corpse.

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I’ve gotten a porous bone from one of little chests. I found it hilarious. I am guessing I normally would not have gotten anything from that mob.

Since I got much better loot from other mobs in the same event, I think those who said they’d no longer check the corpses at all might be missing out on some good stuff.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

I’ve found that they can spawn with just about anything in them. I’ve even had a guild Fractals run have one spawn that we all tried looting and none of us go loot from. And I’ve had them just not spawn and receive Rares off the body still.

I still have no clue as to why this change was even made. To me it makes no sense to have a mixed system.

Posted by: Nitram.7836

Nitram.7836

Aye, we’ve been trying to decipher why they spawn, we thought it could be because there was loot on a mob that despawned, but still some chests appear before this happens. I hate this system, some people don’t know about it and I’m pretty sure we might be losing some items because we don’t see the chests sometimes.

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Dont know why this was added in the first place. You STILL have to go to the corpse to loot it and its harder to see the small box in a pile of bodies.

I also ran into this problem many times yesterday. Three of the boxes gave me white equips and 2 gave me Salvage items.

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I agree with Himei, why it was even implemented is a mystery. It may be so they can justify terminology like “Orr Risen mobs now drop better loot” while allowing “though the chests they spawn have sucky rates of rare items”.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Posted by: Funky.4861

Funky.4861

The only thing i can think of is that we are encouraged to loot chests and ignore sparkly mobs, or at least we have the option to not pick up porous bones etc. However, sparkly mobs can still have mats on them so really there is no point ignoring any lootable corpse. A puzzling decision indeed, or perhaps not thoroughly tested?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

The team is aware of this issue of the wooden chests randomly dropping incorrect loot. We hope to be able to give you some news soon about the issue. In the meantime, we ask you to have a bit of patience. We know its annoyong to see a wooden chest, and instead of a shiny yellow get some porous bones.

There is another thread about this issue (the one that has been reported to the team). We will edit this post so you can check it as soon as we find it.

Thanks for your understanding. This thread is closed.