Mobile/Phone Version of GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CHIPS.6018

CHIPS.6018

Anyone else thinks it would be an interest idea to create a mobile version of GW2? The Mobile version would be an independent/separate game run on Android/iPhone supporting servers.

Rewards:
By playing the Mobile version, players can get in-game (PC version) rewards. and vice versa.

Story:
The story can be a side story, focusing on characters set in the GW2 universe but not directly related. This way the main story will not be affected. Kind of like “Fear the Walking Dead”.

Gameplay:
The game play of the Mobile version will be totally different from the PC version (obviously). Once again this will be a separate game.

Right now I play two games on my phone. Both of which I really like. Perhaps the game play can be similar to these?

Deadman’s Cross by Square Enix
Legion of Heros by Nexon

Please discuss. =)

Chipsy Chips(Necromancer) & Char Ashnoble(Thief)
The Order of Dii[Dii]-SBI→Kaineng→TC→JQ
Necro Encyclopedia-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrAjJ1N6hxs

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

Rewards:
By playing the Mobile version, players can get in-game (PC version) rewards. and vice versa.

I really hope it never happens. Would hate to have to play some mobile version to get possibly nice things in the main game.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

If they ever do a spin-off of Guild Wars 2 (that’s a huge IF) I’d much more like a standalone Super Adventure Box, with the ability (if you want) to connect with your Guild Wars 2 character to import them in, but can also be played alone.

I think it would be an instant best-seller

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

If they ever do a spin-off of Guild Wars 2 (that’s a huge IF) I’d much more like a standalone Super Adventure Box, with the ability (if you want) to connect with your Guild Wars 2 character to import them in, but can also be played alone.

I think it would be an instant best-seller

Super adventure box on my phone?!

kitten yeah. I’d play that every single time during the breaks between my courses. Who needs lunch!

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Neverwinter has (had?) a nifty “gateway” that would run in a web browser. You couldn’t play the game proper but you could do lots of the admin tasks on your account. The equivalent tasks in GW would be stuff like crafting, inventory management, send/receive mails, TP trading. It also had a mini-game using your henchmen/companions, based on dice rolls. I found the mini-game a bit “meh” but others liked it and you could earn a bit of loot and XP. Of course, browser-based stuff is really easy to automate/bot/exploit so it did cause a few problems.

But, yes, there is scope for a mobile or browser-based GW spin-off. Imagine being able to access your bags, the TP and your ‘H’ panel on your phone. Or having a pokemon-style game using your collection of miniatures (literally a “mini-game” hehe). It all needs dev time though, and dev time is not free. How much would we pay for such an app?

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

Neverwinter has (had?) a nifty “gateway” that would run in a web browser. You couldn’t play the game proper but you could do lots of the admin tasks on your account. The equivalent tasks in GW would be stuff like crafting, i TP trading

But, yes, there is scope for a mobile or browser-based GW spin-off. Imagine being able to access your bags, the TP and your ‘H’ panel on your phone. ?

yeah the wet dream of all traders…. 24/7 play the trading post game
they have no need to login ever back in the game then^^

(edited by Zaron.1987)

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Oh please no dont bring mobile phones linked to this game

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

There was talk of an official companion app waaaay back before launch, but it’s fallen completely off the radar.

If you ask me, they decided it wasn’t worth the dev time/expense. ANet seems to enjoy being a PC company (plus the Mac version,) so I’m not surprised the app vanished and “GW2 on Consoles” never went anywhere.

They did open up APIs, however, that allow people to program their own apps for a lot of things. Naturally, those are just read-only, so you can’t craft from it, message your guildmates, etc. through it, but they do some useful things.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I dislike mobile games. The lack of a no input device just turns me off. Also seems gimmicky. A 2D Jump n Run for 3DS with the quality of a Nintendo game: OH YES!

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I just want to craft on my phone.

I never have time while playing but stuck in some line or waiting room would be a perfect time to craft!