Mobs spawning on players + repair bills

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Heatsink.5794

Heatsink.5794

The game has a really bad habit of rapidly spawning mobs on top of players already in combat. This results in repair bills. This setup is a really, really bad idea.

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Unless you’re already fighting 5+ mobs, a single mob spawning while you’re fighting will certainly not cause you to die.

If it DOES cause you to die, you probably need to revisit your fighting style, because something is very wrong.

I regularly take on far more than two mobs by myself in Orr, and survive just fine. I took on 7 at once down by the south SP in Malchors Leap, and survived with my ranger + Shortbow & greatsword. I’ve seen others do this as well, so it’s not that unusual.

Posted by: Flennel.9524

Flennel.9524

Unless you’re already fighting 5+ mobs, a single mob spawning while you’re fighting will certainly not cause you to die.

If it DOES cause you to die, you probably need to revisit your fighting style, because something is very wrong.

I regularly take on far more than two mobs by myself in Orr, and survive just fine. I took on 7 at once down by the south SP in Malchors Leap, and survived with my ranger + Shortbow & greatsword. I’ve seen others do this as well, so it’s not that unusual.

You need to realize that there are professions that are very strong against multiple regular mobs (Ranger, Warrior, Guardian) and ones who are very weak against multiple regular mobs (Mesmer, Thief, non-staff Ele). Both lists are not complete (these are just from my experience).

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

You need to realize that there are professions that are very strong against multiple regular mobs (Ranger, Warrior, Guardian) and ones who are very weak against multiple regular mobs (Mesmer, Thief, non-staff Ele). Both lists are not complete (these are just from my experience).

I would encourage you to youtube this. There’s a guy with a mesmer who wanders around the map taking on 6 mobs at a time to prove that it’s easy. Frankly, he downs them WAY faster than I do on my ranger.

All these underpowered classes are simply being played badly. There are a lot of youtube videos showing this.

Besides, a lot of people gripe that rangers are underpowered. I think they’re almost OVERpowered. Lower damage, but absolutely insane survivability when played right.

The bottom line is that if you try and play this game without moving, and understanding the nature of your weapons and class, you will fail.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

I can somewhat understand this… I was trying to help a buddy get this vista in that dredge area near the SE dungeon… Those dredge guys kept popping out of the woodwork so fast it was almost impossible to move forward without grabbing another boatload of mobs. For me, it wasn’t a problem due to my gear/lvl and setup, but I could see it being problematic for my friend.

Posted by: Plague.5329

Plague.5329

One other thing to consider is that fighting five mobs at once can be easier than having to wear down five Risen in a row. You may eventually just run out of steam if they can outdamage you over a long period of time. Since you can’t group them all up (they haven’t spawned yet), you can’t outplay them. This can make a single respawning enemy very annoying since one slap can make it impossible for you to regenerate your health in between fights.

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

very weak against multiple regular mobs (Mesmer, Thief, non-staff Ele). Both lists are not complete (these are just from my experience).

Errr? What?

As for the OP yeah it can be annoying, but it shouldn’t be that much of an issue. Unless it’s respawn after respawn over and over and over. But 1 extra mob on top of 1 shouldn’t be a problem :\

(edited by Tradewind.6913)

Posted by: Flennel.9524

Flennel.9524

I would encourage you to youtube this. There’s a guy with a mesmer who wanders around the map taking on 6 mobs at a time to prove that it’s easy. Frankly, he downs them WAY faster than I do on my ranger.

All these underpowered classes are simply being played badly. There are a lot of youtube videos showing this.

Besides, a lot of people gripe that rangers are underpowered. I think they’re almost OVERpowered. Lower damage, but absolutely insane survivability when played right.

The bottom line is that if you try and play this game without moving, and understanding the nature of your weapons and class, you will fail.

For the sake of argument, I will accept that any class can AoE clear everything. But only if it is anticipated, because you must have a proper weapon/skills/traits prepared for that playstyle.

However, some PvE leveling builds are not AoE pull-centric. And I shouldn’t have to play in a paranoid state that any minute a bunch of mobs will just popup out of nowhere when I’m fighting.

And, by the way, I’m moving, dodging and do understand limitations of my weapons, that is why I say that with certain setup if I’m fighting more than 2 mobs at a time I’m dead (or run away).

Plus, cloth wearers have much less margin of error right now.