Mobs that you feel bad about killing

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

Well, I’d like to know if some of you feel bad killing certain enemies in PvE, or maybe even go slightly out of your way to avoid a confrontation because you don’t want to kill them. I’m excluding neutral or “white” creatures in my list, but that doesn’t mean you don’t have to.

So far, I have only come across two types of enemies that I really don’t like having to kill: Wolves and Harpies. Being canines, I think most of you are able to see why wolves can invoke feelings of sympathy and admiration. What makes it worse is that black wolves even have a defensive posture and don’t attack immediately if you stay far enough away.

And I don’t really know about the Harpies. Ever since I saw them for the first time in GW1, they fascinated me. Their screams and screeches always had this agonizingly sad undertone… I don’t know what it is, but that feeling of pity I get killing them is even stronger in GW2. Kudos to the sound designers who managed to give the Harpy voices the same air of sadness they had in GW1. I wonder if I would feel as strongly about them if I didn’t know their supposed origin(the fallen ‘angel’ theory).
Funnily enough, I have no problems fighting, or should I say sympathy with other kinds of avian creatures, like Griffons or Tengu.

What about you?

Posted by: Phrixscreoth.6895

Phrixscreoth.6895

At one point, I was showing off to my rather anti game mother the pretty environments, and the fact that they even had cute little bunnies! When someone randomly ran by and offhandedly killed the bunny.

I was devastated and thankful I hadn’t shown my mother that.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Risen and Icebrood versions of the Quaggan … I mean, they were once the cute Quaggan that I have known to love. For the love what is good, why the Quaggan? :<

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: JazzyJay.1367

JazzyJay.1367

Rabbits, but I just can’t seem to stop.

Posted by: LastDay.3524

LastDay.3524

I’m the kind of guy who just goes KILL ALL THE THINGS!
The fact that I get Life Force by killing harmless little bunnies amuses me.

Benight[Edge]

Posted by: shingui.4197

shingui.4197

Darn, poster above me, beat me to it.
Yeah, i feel really bad when i take down Risen Quaggan.

Why Zhaitan!! you will pay for this!

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I feel bad about killing any non-hostile creatures that get caught up in the crossfire and aggro

Posted by: Mystfit.8309

Mystfit.8309

Me too! I avoid all non-aggro mobs, but sometimes they get in the way I always play my characters with the intent of leaving neutral character alone. Imagine my horrow when the FIRST thing I did..I mean first…was right click ona bunny and kill it dead. I was so crushed I nearly deleted and remade the toon.

Posted by: Altair.7560

Altair.7560

Nope, if those wolves run at me (and bite me in the leg), they will have to die on my sword.

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I get very offended if someone in my vicinity aggro’s neutral wildlife with AOE
I really try hard not to do this and just sometimes love to /sit and watch the wildlife- boom! aoe! but meh it is not a huge thing
I also hate killing corrupted Quagans it feels like bashing kitties- and they are the worst! they do soooo much damage
I also feel bad for harpies
Once I was in a cave trying to mine ore and this huge bear came at me so I killed it- then the cubs came out and attacked me! man I felt so bad I ran away- killing cubs? O_o

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: Skigit.3715

Skigit.3715

I have to agree with morrigan. Bear mothers are very sad to kill. My first one I was running around mining and bears kept attacking me so id dispatch them with no bad feelings but a bear started running at me and I killed it then went to get the ore which was in a small cave and I saw a few bear cubs in the cave….looked back at the big bears corpse did /cry then put the cubs out of their misery…..I know I shouldn’t play god but they would have died without their mother anyways of starvation.

Someone tell me I did the right thing!

Posted by: JazzyJay.1367

JazzyJay.1367

I have to agree with morrigan. Bear mothers are very sad to kill. My first one I was running around mining and bears kept attacking me so id dispatch them with no bad feelings but a bear started running at me and I killed it then went to get the ore which was in a small cave and I saw a few bear cubs in the cave….looked back at the big bears corpse did /cry then put the cubs out of their misery…..I know I shouldn’t play god but they would have died without their mother anyways of starvation.

Someone tell me I did the right thing!

You killed the cubs as well!?!!?! How terrible!

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

Oh the bear mama crushed me. I also have a Sylvari at the moment I need to reroll because she has the storyline of the White Stag. I’d like to know why the kitten she gave them the stag when she helped them to catch it? What the kitten are they going to do with it?! I don’t even want to know. She shouldn’t have hunted it down like that and then handed it over. My other Sylvari doesn’t have that storyline. >.<

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

“At one point, I was showing off to my rather anti game mother the pretty environments, and the fact that they even had cute little bunnies! When someone randomly ran by and offhandedly killed the bunny.
.”

Good on them, whats with the bunny hugger crowd, nasty disease carrying feral pests kill a bunny today demand more bunny recipes for cooking have Jackalopes drop legendary weapons

Ulfar SOR

Posted by: Jadex.7402

Jadex.7402

I feel bad about killing any cuddly or even humanoid mob.

I even feel bad about killing bandits when they say “You got me!” and fall over dead.

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

I feel bad about killing Skritt.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Bandits. You’re just supposed to assume that monarchy running most of Kryta is a good thing. I’ve never actually been given a chance to hear the side of someone determined to depose the current rulership. And the human nobility definitely has an ugly side to it, so it might be a good thing if the alleyways of Divinity’s Reach became rivers of blood?

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: DrTenma.7249

DrTenma.7249

Your average non hostile wilderness, since they start running for their lives.

Posted by: Jerr Olos.2046

Jerr Olos.2046

I feel bad about killing Skritt.

Lol. Yeah I kind of feel bad killing the little “shiney” guys.

Posted by: Tsaritsin.5364

Tsaritsin.5364

The Skritt call us ‘it’

I love killing them, mainly with a big hammer.

Never kill Rabbits though, well, not often anyway.

I shall not be there, I shall rise and pass,
Bury my heart at Wounded Knee.

Posted by: minikiller.8475

minikiller.8475

Risin Quaggen…

I was to late to save them

All i can do now is let there souls be free

Posted by: daemonlama.5413

daemonlama.5413

I must be cold, because I never even gave a second thought to killing anything. If a bunny gets caught in my crossfire, I just keep going.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Scrit. I find them hilarious. Makes me feel bad for killing them. They are just misunderstood.

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

To quote my own character after shanking a bunny: “I’ve never felt better!”

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Posted by: Zuggy.4501

Zuggy.4501

Risen and Icebrood versions of the Quaggan … I mean, they were once the cute Quaggan that I have known to love. For the love what is good, why the Quaggan? :<

When I see Risen and Icebrood Quaggans I want to pull an “I Am Legend” and lock myself into a lab until I can cure them.

“I can save you. I..I can save you.”

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

As soon as I saw this topic, I was excited to finally have a chance to get this off my chest. Yes, there are mobs I feel bad about killing. I was sad the first time I saw Quaggan risen. oh my gosh. The Quaggan are so adorable and those bloody risen did this to them. I also hate killing Asura. Sorry but they remind me of little kids.

Now that said, if any of those Quaggan/Asura risen or Inquest come my way, they are going down.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

The only time I genuinely felt bad was after killing a bear while out in the Queensdale starting zone, and then seconds later, discovering the cubs I’d made orphans. I just avoid that little section of the map altogether now.

Posted by: Blacklight.2871

Blacklight.2871

Scrit. I find them hilarious. Makes me feel bad for killing them. They are just misunderstood.

I felt a little bad myself because they are good comedy relief. But after hearing, “nyeh, nyeh, you run from skritt”, after beating one too many hasty retreats, I have no trouble seeing them for the vermin they are and exterminating them with extreme prejudice.

Posted by: Flynch.6034

Flynch.6034

It’s the unfortunate Deer that seem to have incredibly bad timing when i’m looking for my final ‘mob type’ kill for my daily.

Run, run while you still can, Deer!

The guilt soon goes away though when I accidentally AoE his friends and get into a tough spot.

Posted by: Gaslov.9164

Gaslov.9164

I don’t like killing anything with the ‘young’ prefix, even if they are hostile.

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

My name is Feileacan and I am an avid bunny killer. It wasn’t always so. I loved the furry little creatures until an experience I had in the Norn lands. This experience has ruined my compassion for the seemingly cute little creatures and I feel no shame in exterminating them all.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

Ah, yeah. I felt awful after killing that veteran bear and then seeing those cubs milling around in the cave. Gah!

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

Rabbits, but I just can’t seem to stop.

I know what you mean, I hit one by accident doing a hearts quest with one of the Asuran gun things and got a new damage dealt achievement of about 26k. Been trying to beat that ever since

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I skipp all real mobs and only go for rabbits,they are the real threat to tyria,you will see in the next expansion,youve all been overlooking it.

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

Add one for mama bears here as well, specially when you’re around the area, and a mama bear agroes at you and the cubs start attacking as well. I know it’s irrational and they’re just pixels someone programed the computer to draw, but I usually just avoid the area and if a bear agroes at me with cubs around I just run away instead of fighting.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Sals.9534

Sals.9534

Well I didn’t kill them, But I was running from some Scrit and after he gave up the chase, he said to me"haha you ran from Scrit"

That alone makes GW2 game of the year.

Colegate / Selos Song Kaineng-DE Guild

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I feel bad for my character every time she’s killed trying to do “Forging the Pact”.

Posted by: luchifer.6401

luchifer.6401

Skritts.. I dont know why we need to kill the poor rats =(

Posted by: Stalvos.1495

Stalvos.1495

Thankfully there’s nothing in GW2 like this one korean mmo I played briefly. The very first mobs you encountered during your tutorial were these mushroom creatures. There was a family of them. A mother, a father, a daughter, and a son. I killed the father first (biggest target) and one of the kids shouted out (in voice!) “Daddy, no!” When I killed the mom, the daughter said “Mom? MOM?! MOM!!!” and they both literally started crying. I logged out and never went back. It was horrible…

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

I feel bad for every critter who happens to be standing near me when I attune to air. Poor guy never sees it coming.

Also, not so much on the killing end, but I feel bad when I get instructed to run into some Skritt’s cave and break all their stuff. Makes me feel like a jerk.

Posted by: Vladia.2731

Vladia.2731

My skritt brethren. I always cry a little inside when I do. The one line from the female skritt in Brisban Wildlands always makes me chuckle, “Nooo our shines! Bad men took them! Get them back!”

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Wolves, including the plant wolves=((( They’re just so cute, I love them.=P

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: tiennen.6890

tiennen.6890

I get very offended if someone in my vicinity aggro’s neutral wildlife with AOE
I really try hard not to do this and just sometimes love to /sit and watch the wildlife- boom! aoe! but meh it is not a huge thing
I also hate killing corrupted Quagans it feels like bashing kitties- and they are the worst! they do soooo much damage
I also feel bad for harpies
Once I was in a cave trying to mine ore and this huge bear came at me so I killed it- then the cubs came out and attacked me! man I felt so bad I ran away- killing cubs? O_o

I love your account name. Best character in the Dragon Age series.

On topic? I think i ran into that same cave. Those cubs were REALLY mad that their mother was dead. They tasted pretty good.

Posted by: LordYz.8941

LordYz.8941

My wife was showing her grandma GW2 once. The old lady was engross in the rabbit hopping in game until I use my rifle and shot it. She got a shock of her life. Don’t worry she still alive and kicking.

Sea of Sorrows, Black Snow Suave.
Recruiting dungeon raiders.