Modrem Invasion, Worst content ever made.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

There must be some competition for game developers to dish out the worst content imaginable, EA is bad, Ubisoft is bad, but ArenaNet, guys, you certainly racked up the points with this one.

First you push the new gem store boosters on your players. “Check out or new Magic Find and Exp Boosters!” Then continue to produce content that neither gives exp or loot from mob kills. You make it, 30 minutes long, and only reward players who slogged through to the end. Counterproductive for players who go LD in massive overpopulated areas, have lousy internet connections. The list goes on.

The reward doesn’t even cover the cost of all the WP usage the players do. The fights are gimmicks, unfun, and simply zerging from event to event. If this is the kind of content design we’re looking foward to in HoT. Quite frankly, I’m worried.

All I’m getting from this is it’s supposed to be a money sink for players to shill out gold for token bought rewards (+gold cost) for old content stuff, and spend lots of silver which adds up between WPing around. Sure, if you simply MUST HAVE the scarlet gloves or something, it may be worth it, but probably not even then, as you could literally do anything else in the game and make more ten times the reward, and probably have more fun doing it.

Posted by: DarkNighT.7319

DarkNighT.7319

Yeah this event is just not worth the effort, i dont even know why this got released in this state, no loot, some skins and some items that im not even sure what they do.

This event is grindy as hell, and for what reason?

I remember arenanet saying “We just dont want people to grind”

https://youtu.be/35BPhT-KI1E?t=100 < the video where it was said, yeah its old but whatever.

This event just isnt right, scarletts invasion was utter madness with fun enemies and yeah people eventually went there to massive loot the events but, it was still fun and the chaos was great, this though, it is just an event that costs me money with the constant teleporting around for no reward. im not interested at what is available to get with the blooms.

Please have mobs drop loot from the whole loot table and let us atleast feel we make some money of the effort that feels practically useless.

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Exaggerate much? If it wasn’t for the bug, it wouldn’t be that bad. Wildstar’s event is probably one of the worst.

Posted by: Johnny.1634

Johnny.1634

+1 to this thread.
Just getting more and more disappointing in the game with every single thing you guys release now. =/

Posted by: lawfan.7095

lawfan.7095

I’m glad I haven’t bought HOT yet. It’s probably going to be a lot like this with impossible to reach, much less tag the events in it on every map.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I think this event is aimed at F2P players and others who are new to the game. The Mordrem melt like chocolate in the back seat on a hot summer day and they are confined to second level zones.

I think they are trying to show some dynamic content and spice things up a bit.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

I think this event is aimed at F2P players and others who are new to the game. The Mordrem melt like chocolate in the back seat on a hot summer day and they are confined to second level zones.

I think they are trying to show some dynamic content and spice things up a bit.

For the sake of argument, say it is aimed solely at new players. What new player has all the waypoints in all three L20 zones, the ability to dps well enough to feel accomplished among a zerg of L80s, the gold to waypoint around the map to participate, and then the extra 10g on top of bloom tokens to purchase rewards? Keep in mind, you get no karma and no XP for these.

Dynamic content is all well and good, but if I was a new player this would make me flee to other maps for a while. I would also have strong doubts about continuing to play a game that encourages such events.

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I don’t post to justify Anet design decisions, just my inferences and observations.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I honestly think that LS2 was worse.

Posted by: Zev.3407

Zev.3407

I wouldnt say it’s the worst content ever made, cus i’v e been in some games where the events were worse than this(ya the game wasnt fun lol)

but this is by far the worse content i’ve seen in GW2, makes me sad, after 3 years we should have better, more fun events . . .not worse ones.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

What new player has all the waypoints in all three L20 zones, the ability to dps well enough to feel accomplished among a zerg of L80s, the gold to waypoint around the map to participate, and then the extra 10g on top of bloom tokens to purchase rewards?

They expect the 10g to come from F2P players buying gems. That’s how F2P games work.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

If you could please post your constructive suggestions for events in this thread we’d really appreciate it. Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet