-Mods, please delete-

-Mods, please delete-

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Edit: No longer needed, Anet have made an official response in the discussion thread. Mods, please delete/lock this thread, it has gone well off track for the intended purpose, and there is already a discussion thread for these events here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive

(edited by Jaric.5679)

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Should have. However, this is no longer needed, Anet have responded that they are changing the Flamekissed armour set.

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’m happy with it, because I’m mature enough to be not p|ssed over such tiny things like armor reskins, when in fact the game would be alot better, if there wouldn’t be any kind of such childish restricting things like “racial armors” from npc vendors at all in a game, thats all about fashion, which should simply allow everyone to wear as armor, whatever they want/like.

Racial bonded Items should be limited only onto specific Head Gears/Back Items for example, that should be rewards from doing with a specific race the story modes of the dungeons, so that doing the story modes with more than 1 different racial character finally MAKES SENSE and these kind of racial specific rewards should be only given out too through playing the personal story with different races as rewards for the certain personal story missions. Thats the way imo, how players should earn themself also the cutltural armors.. through playing the dungeons with different races.

This whole kittenstorm this latest patch is creating again is nothing else, than a childish QQ for the sake of QQing.
Nobody is enforced to buy those armor skins from the ingame shop.
Those who spent the 119G for T3 armor, also weren’t forced to do that, it was their own decision to spent the money for those armors.
People do so, as if ANet would have broken some kind of promise that should be instantly punished with death penalty.
It was totally predictable, that ANet can come up at any given time with reskins and I in fact just have to say, the light armor reskin just looks awesome.

The other 2 reskins are to my personal taste boring/unfitting, however… I’m sure there will be somwhere out there surely also someone who might light them and might care to buy those reskins over the light armor one, because of that person preferring the normal looking T3 light armor of the humans over the new version..
Everything is just a matter of personal taste.

People should finally stop to try to make out of patchdays always their personal doomsdays, only because there got something implemented, what they personally don’t like.

GW2 is not a game just only for YOU. GW2 is a game for everyone and ANet simply can’t please always everyone.
Its regardless of what they do with the game.
There will be always lots of people, that will like what they implement, but there will be also always lots of people, which don’t like the new content.
—-

Everything thats once in the game for the shop, should stay in the shop, because if Anet would remove something, that have once implemented in the shop due to massive player QQ, then they would make just all those people angry right now, who have already spent Gems for the new Items!!

Its really ridiculous, how the GW community turns out to be more and more from month to month to become more and more a childish crybaby community, that can only QQ and complain permanently non stop, unable to see anything good in the new contents, always seeign first only all the bad things that influence them personally the most.
Always on this extreme ego trip alot of people are on lately I find more and more disgusting….

Me me me me me me and me again

To all of this I can say just only this:

All of this is just one kittenstorm that escalates into the next one next month after another, until all of it runs out of control one day and just goes BOOM

Thats what I’m currently feeling in sight of reviewing in my mind the last couple of months…

People should really learn to get over themself, even if they already bought the T3 version for their human character..

THIS IS JUST A GAME.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’m happy with it, because I’m mature enough to be not p|ssed over such tiny things like armor reskins.

Your whole posts gives me the impression that you are rather kitten ed that people want to keep an unique look to a single race, just as the other races got their unique looks.

The community voices their opinion, and ArenaNet acts accordingly, it’s an awesome thing done by ArenaNet.

But your post gives me the impression that you are angry that you couldn’t keep the look of something that looks similar to something that’s worth 119 gold + Transmutation Crystals. And you couldn’t keep it for 10$.

-Mods, please delete-

Orpheal.8263

Thats nonsense Farzo

I don’t care about the money that the T3 human armor costs …
If I would want, I could buy me the T3 armor for my character RIGHT NOW in an instant, I’ve enough money to do so …

The fact is, I visually like simply the reskinned version alot more and its just ANets decision, if they want to put reskins into the game with the shop, or not.
This whole crap about “oh ,it was not our intention” is now just only a 100% FARCE by Anet, so that they can keep their faces…not having to admit, that it was in fact their pure intention to sell the set, as like it was just a reskin.
ANet just only broke in now, because they feared, that this “mistake” could lead into a barrel, that could definetely overspill quickly, if they don’t react soon, which could have lead to many people rage quitting the game forever and when I see the negative responseses in regard of Scarlet, I think Anet reaches also soon this anticlimax just through the LS arc that is currently on, if they don’t remove soon the spotlight from Scarlet and move on to something, that really fits to the Game’s world and lore and maybe has some kind of nostalgic touch too in regard of GW1’s lore.
However, thats an other issue…

It was absolutely their intention to sell the armor set, as it was, otherwise they wouldn’t just put something into the shop, that looks like a 100% clone of the T3 armor, just with fire particle effects without checking it twice first, what they do…

The fact is, if Anet would put in the Flamekissed Armor with a Gem Price, that is equal to 119G, nobody would buy it.
Or would you just buy a single armor set skin worth of like 20€/$ ?? I’m sure, that would be not the case, when you can earn yourself something similar looking just in the game without having to pay real money basically.

I’m just angry, because of alot of people not being able/mature enough to accept simply something, how it is.
People who think, thas as long they QQ just in masses enough quickly after a patch, that they can enforce their will through always, instead of accepting just the fact, that Anet never can please everyone.
Now with Anet changing back everything, will suffer just all the people, which simply liked the skin as it was, only due to the whiny egos of all those people, which already bought the T3 and those, which think so outdated, that games like GW2 need to have something like cultural armors in a game, thats all about fashion, where everybody should be able to just wear with their characters, whetever they want/like!!

If someone wants to wear with his Charr Sylvari T2 Armor, then so be it.
That would be surely innovative and creative and also something, what not many people would use just as example

If I don’t like that Seller X sells me only green apples, because I like only red apples, then I also don’t rage and QQ like crazy at Seller X so long, until he changes out his sortiment from green apples to red apples, just to be finally happy out of the reason that I was able to enforce Seller X my own will on, and if needed doing this with the help of many other people, who also want red apples instead of green ones.
Totally ignoring the customers, which like the fact that Seller X sells green apples over red ones .
I just accept, that Seller X has only green apples and if I still want just my red apple, then I go and search Seller Y, who can/will sell me my red apple.

I hope this little metaph was understandable, I know its sometimes complicated to make metaphs understandable between German/English ^^

Sigh, I just loved the reskin, how it is, would have fitted perfectly for my planned futurous female ele human and now I can’t get it anymore, only because of some kitten ed egos of the community. THANKS, this is just real big cinema!!

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I agree this game should not be like other MMOs if they (the company) originally said they wouldn’t. That includes exclusive or limited time gear.

The cultural gear should have never existed in the first place PERIOD! No exclusive gear in GW 2 should have been made.

One More thing that I will know not to do in my own MMO if I were to make one.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

because I’m mature enough to be not p|ssed over such tiny things like armor reskins

So mature you use capitals, call everyone else QQ and make a tantrum…

I wish I were so mature -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Andrew.4506

Andrew.4506

I was really happy with how it looked. The fact that you could purchase a similar looking skin for in game gold is completely irrelevant. A shame anet didn’t just say something like, “Over time changes will be made to the game. Things will be added, things will be modified. We’re sorry people disagree with this specific design decision however we think it’s for the best”.

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’m very sad that its leaving. The leggings have come my favorite leggings in the GAME. And they’re gone. :/ And what’s worse is there are so few decent looking light armor sets, its 100% guaranteed we’ll end up with a stupid looking set over the fuss. If they were smart they’d at least pick a set with a decent hood/full helm so there’s more diversity in decent light armor helms this time around, but either way I’m very say its leaving… I PERSONALLY think those who bought the old one should get to keep theirs :/

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

-Mods, please delete-

Orpheal.8263

because I’m mature enough to be not p|ssed over such tiny things like armor reskins

So mature you use capitals, call everyone else QQ and make a tantrum…

I wish I were so mature -_-

Never heard something about text formatting huh?, its used to lead the eyes on what they should see.
It isn’t just so, that I used permanently capslock and wrote everything in capital letters here, so don’t make such a fuss out of it and believe me, I stayed calm.
This was far away from being a tantrum by me.

And to me its an immature way of thinking, that it it absolutely ok to enforce to other people the own personal “taste/will”, only because of their selfish egos not allowing for the fact, that there might exist something in the game, what people can buy with money, what they personally have farmed themself long time ago with gold.

The fact, that you could just instantly get the needed gold by converting bought gems to gold gets totally ignored here …. so theres nothing “SPECIAL” in having a T3 armor, like alot of people try to make it look here, as if it would be something god awessome super duper ultra extraordinary to have a T3 armor, when it fact you could just buy you the armor also just with from gems converted gold, the exact same way how you “earn” the flamekissed armor, only that it is currently cheaper and basically (a matter of taste) looks better/ more heroic/spectacular.

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: Dreamtrip.6093

Dreamtrip.6093

If your jealous of someone’s armor don’t whine on the forums buy it yourself. I love the armor for my human ele, most likely i wont like the new design, as i absolutely hate the look of the other 2 flame sets that are out now and i think a lot of people agree with me.

Anet will be refunding quite a lot of Gems, not to mention the hassle if someone gifted the set to someone, cause in my opinion the 1 that gifted the gems should be the one to get the gems back.

Overall a lot of work to please a few jealous people.

Not to mention i reskinned my sentinels armor, so they will have to make sure i get that back aswell.

(edited by Dreamtrip.6093)

-Mods, please delete-

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

^ Exactly this. I think, its fine if they REALLY want to rework it. But let us keep it if we already own it.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

-Mods, please delete-

Orpheal.8263

Theres no best solution in this case.
Regardless of what Anet does now, one side will be always kittened up.

Be it the minority of the community, which likes the armors and has absolutely no problems with them whcih also even would go so far to say like me, that GW2 should have never have had any cultural armors at all to let the game be truly all about fashion, what Anet always has stated…

Or be it the vast majority of QQing selfish egos, which either can’t stand the fact, that some minority can buy their super duper ultra extraordinaly special T3 in an animated version with a basical cheaper price…
Or due to them being so smallminded, so that they think in so outdated ways regarding to a game like GW2, that it must have cultural armors (when it absolutely must not) to be unique/innovative – what leads directly to a contradiction in itself at the same move logically, because of Anet’s statement, that GW2 should be completely all about fashion, where putting racial restrictions to any equipment in the game, aside from everything, that is personal story related and bonded to the specific character, just makes ZERO SENSE at all!