Molten Alliance Dungeon Changed My Life

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: tcaroccio.3976

tcaroccio.3976

This new dungeon is probably one of my favorites thus far. Very epic and kept me interested the whole time.

Check out my experience with my pal Druak! We recorded our time together and it might make ya laugh.

<link>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTatMESEo-Y</link>;

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

And yet … only 2 weeks.

Why …

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This dungeon hates Aussies and thus I do not like it. Was a pain getting to the end of it with so many ‘you must dodge and only dodge this’ attacks. Then ‘oh here’s more stuff to dodge after your endurance is empty.’

Fun times.

Boss mechanics = fun.
The only mechanic being dodge = not fun.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Well, at final boss you can actualy jump to avoid damage and knockback. You can mostly melee him that way, running away only from fire wave.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

U need to jump to avoid some attacks, u need to run arround to avoid some others.

No dodging is not the only mechanic, its just the outofjail card.

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Anything that looks like a shockwave can be jumped over, which is AWESOME! I don’t think I’ve seen a mechanic like this put in game yet, but it’s nice to be able to have jump and dodge be utilized instead of just dodge. I can also say that this is my favorite dungeon now and it would be nice to see other dungeons reworked and new dugeons designed after this dungeon with more interesting mobs (and by that I mean their abilities.. and not more of the mobs) and fun boss fights. Definitely going to be running this every day until its removal.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

They used the same mechanic on the frog king in Super Adventure Box, you could jump his shock waves and tongue attacks.

Hopefully they’ll start putting things like this in the game more often.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

I too loved this dungeon (will definitely be running it multiple times)

But here is the interesting thing…apparently not made by the dungeon team, but instead by the Holiday Event team. Should this team actually be in charge of all future dungeon content?

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

have to agree on the lag issue, I just had to heal through it like a boss, but good luck to any zerkers that arent in NA

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

This dungeon hates Aussies and thus I do not like it. Was a pain getting to the end of it with so many ‘you must dodge and only dodge this’ attacks. Then ‘oh here’s more stuff to dodge after your endurance is empty.’

Fun times.

Boss mechanics = fun.
The only mechanic being dodge = not fun.

The only mechanic wasn’t dodge though… and to be frank when theres no trinity what mechanics were you expecting…. I mean really lol. Wow based around positioning, healing, dps, tanking.
GW2 based around positioning, dodging.

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

But here is the interesting thing…apparently not made by the dungeon team, but instead by the Holiday Event team. Should this team actually be in charge of all future dungeon content?

It’s a good question. I remember seeing a dev post about how the Dungeon team playtested this content, but that was the extent of their involvement. While I wouldn’t want the Dungeon team replaced, I do think that it would be beneficial to game for ArenaNet to have more cross-team collaboration projects. If the Dungeon and Holiday teams could team up on a regular basis, we could likely end up with some amazing content.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

Posted by: Soronthar.7236

Soronthar.7236

You can dodge or jump some shockwaves, others cannot be jumped and must be dodged (you will notice which ones)…. or you can go as far as you can from the boss and receive no damage from it

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

And yet … only 2 weeks.

Why …

Because in about 2 weeks you will be bored with it. Things that have a limited time have more feeling to them.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

As long as ANet makes boss mechanics interesting and keep you on the move, I’ll play the game, otherwise it would be hack ’n slash and people (myself included) hate that.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

They had to tie the difficulty to jumping because dodging is too hard for new players walking in on a level 2. Also, high level mining nodes in a dungeon just after they started selling picks those newbie characters can use for $10 is pretty sleezy in my opinion.