Molten Dungeon NOT Temporary!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

Let me first start out by saying today while we were fighting the last boss of the dungeon, we noticed that you could jump over the waves taht the minator boss sent out (including the instant down wave that is on fire/is red). Made the fight way easier. Also great job on the dungeon, lots of fun.

Now then when I was playing this dungeon I noticed 2 things. One it is conisdered story mode and there is a option to choose story mode or cancel when entering, and two there are paths that you can take that lead to no where/pointless.

This leads me to believe that they are going to put in an exploreable mode of this dungeon at the end. It makes no sense to me why they would put all this time into an amazing dungeon just to shelf it a week later. So yeah I’m am positive there is going to be an exploreable mode after this living story is up, we just wont be able to play the story mode mission again.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

I suspect they are planning to add this as a fractal. I mean, it’s already a perfect setup, fractals can be any event from any time and place pulled out of the mists. And this could set a precedent that gives future temporary instances a place to go.

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

Its way too long for a fractal as it is right now. It takes around 20-30 minutes to clear. Now Imagine this with 1 hitting mobs all around that have 20x more hp on level 40+ of fractals. Where one aoe of the end boss or 1 wave not dodged downs and kills you instantly.

But yes please make this a permanent dungeon. Give it a new set of armor skin and let us have some more fun with it.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Its way too long for a fractal as it is right now. It takes around 20-30 minutes to clear. Now Imagine this with 1 hitting mobs all around that have 20x more hp on level 40+ of fractals. Where one aoe of the end boss or 1 wave not dodged downs and kills you instantly.

But yes please make this a permanent dungeon. Give it a new set of armor skin and let us have some more fun with it.

Most of the fractals took people 20-30 minutes when FOTM was first released, I suspect people will improve. But I could be wrong, it does seem like a waste to just remove this from the game though, and I really hope they don’t.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

That’d be neat. It’s a cool little dungeon.

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

or they were planning to make it permanent….and just ran out of time to make the explorable part so they scrapped that idea…and made it a temporary story mode dungeon

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Heh … FotM as the garbage bin for temporary content?

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

It would make a cool fractal if it counted as 3 of them due to its length.

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

Don’t send it to FoTM, it would be better to keep it as a permanent dungeon with new skins

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Sure, why not? Let it be not in the random cycle with the others, but something you have to trigger at an NPC/object. Like selecting an option off the control pad in the Observatory, and poof! Hey look, we can replay some of the temporary non-Holiday content.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I thought about this as well. Would be a great way to preserve content.

Sure, why not? Let it be not in the random cycle with the others, but something you have to trigger at an NPC/object. Like selecting an option off the control pad in the Observatory, and poof! Hey look, we can replay some of the temporary non-Holiday content.

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Yeah it could be either. I think fotm has the highest chance because the way you enter the dungeon looks too temporary, the models and what not.