Monk's Outfit and new dyes in gemstore

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Hey everyone, the gemstore was just updated with Monk’s Outfit for 700 gems and Lion’s Arch Rebuilt dyes – 125 gems each, 5 for 500 gems or 25 for 2500 gems.

Unfortunately Charr only get the male version of the outfit but Asuras do get both the female and male version.

Here are some pics of the outfit and dyes if you are interested: http://dulfy.net/2015/06/30/gw2-monks-outfit-and-lions-arch-rebuild-dyes-in-gemstore/

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Great screenshots; I see female Charr once again gets no love. Sigh.

Posted by: ades.1386

ades.1386

Thanks Dulfy!!! <3

Crystal Desert

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I really like it on female charr. Though there is no tail-flap detail, alas, at least the pants are snug enough clipping isn’t obvious.

Attachments:

Posted by: Telly.4962

Telly.4962

Doesn’t matter about the Charr versions, you really can’t tell the difference in their gender unless you catch them coming out of the water before their fur dries.

Posted by: mulzi.8273

mulzi.8273

arg, still no pants. Wish they would have given the monks outfit like the lurz/lux ones in GW1…at least those had pants..

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I really like it on female charr. Though there is no tail-flap detail, alas, at least the pants are snug enough clipping isn’t obvious.

^

Looks really good on the Charr. And thank goodness they didn’t stick the female Charr in another dress.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

Terrible clipping on the female version for humans and norn. Very large clipping bug, very ugly.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

So GW1 armor is making a return in the form of outfits. Ok. I give this first attempt a 55/600. Nice work.

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

Really sad there’s no female version of this for Charr. Though my little Asura girls look lovely in it.

Wouldn’t it be nice if they gave us both the male and female versions to choose for each toon regardless of gender?

Posted by: Toyah.4902

Toyah.4902

I got no clipping with my female Norn. http://imgur.com/iHbQvte Second from top and the shortest possible.

Posted by: Sytherek.7689

Sytherek.7689

The Reddit thread has many examples of the bad clipping in a prominent thread.

Posted by: Lunarhound.7324

Lunarhound.7324

Sweet. Now, once I make a revenant, I can finally live the dream I’ve had since the first Guild Wars of playing a Canthan monk that fights with a staff (as in, actually FIGHTS, not hurls blobs of light). I was going to attempt it using the ancestral outfit, but this is even better.

(edited by Lunarhound.7324)

Posted by: dulfy.1493

dulfy.1493

Clipping is dependent on body size/type I think, I don’t have any clipping issues but others have them

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Dulfy, the chat link you have for the Monk’s Outfit on your site ( [&BBgIAAA=] ) is not the right one, and that one does not link anything.

[&AgHnEAEA]
That is the right one.

So sad that we cannot even preview new stuff in the wardrobe until a patch gets released a while after the item does. Even though that out-of-store preview is not the greatest, at least it’s better than what the store offers in way of previewing. sigh

Also, another outfit not being purchased by me. If they start adding armor sets to the actual game like they said they would then I may consider it, but so far nothing new is being added to the game now that armor is confirmed as only being added as acquirable in-game and not in-store.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: digitalruse.9085

digitalruse.9085

I wish the contrast and texture in these new enameled dyes was a good as it was in the old enameled dyes. Much more saturation in comparison.

Qwerkk – Asuran Engineer

Posted by: Bensozia.8071

Bensozia.8071

In case anyone is wondering, the monks outfit is based on gw1 Monks elite woven.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Monk_Elite_Woven_armor

Guardians of the Light [GOTL]
The Dragonfly Effect [Phi]
DragonBrand

Posted by: ixiduffixi.6384

ixiduffixi.6384

Well I’ll be kitten ed. Isn’t that nice. A skirt wearing asura. Never before heard of.

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

So GW1 armor is making a return in the form of outfits. Ok. I give this first attempt a 55/600. Nice work.

I see what you did there.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Posted by: Oyuri.1452

Oyuri.1452

Except some part of the outfit which are nice, overall it’s rather meh. Why wouldn’t you guys choose a better monk armour from GW 1 Anet ?? :/

Posted by: Scientia.8924

Scientia.8924

From the other thread:

Super annoying clip(?) on my Asuran. It literally looks like a giant black pixel on her head and sticks out like a sore thumb…

It comes out when she draws her weapons for combat and goes away when OOC, and yes when I disable the outfit, it goes away

Attachments:

What if HoT turns out to be the Mordrem Invasion event, x100?

Posted by: Tethys.4139

Tethys.4139

Ok, I’m glad to see they are bringing back some of the outfits from the 1 days, but come on, 700 gems and you deliver the monk outfit that the poorest level 20 could afford to craft for 200 cloth and around 3.5 plat? At the least you could ante up to say…. old Norn outfit or Vabbi.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

Did anyone else notice the new dye colors form a rainbow?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Ok, I’m glad to see they are bringing back some of the outfits from the 1 days, but come on, 700 gems and you deliver the monk outfit that the poorest level 20 could afford to craft for 200 cloth and around 3.5 plat?

It’s the Elite Woven. That was a bit more than 200 cloth and 3.5 plat. Though true, other options (say, Elite Canthan or Elite Kurzick) would likely be better.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

You guys are disappointed the charr get the male version? Seriously?
The last two dresses they stuffed female charr in were TERRIBLE.
Dresses, heels, and petticoats just don’t suit Cat Monsters. And now you want them in this monk miniskirt?
I would be okay with gendered charr armor, if it actually looked cool. But it’s like putting an alligator in a tutu, or a lion in a bra. It looks ridiculous.

Suffice to say, I like the monk outfit a LOT. Mostly because it looks GREAT on charr, female and male both—it fits their bodies well, and has no tail clipping.

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

I would have loved Elite Luxon… Maybe we’ll get it when we are visiting Cantha… Whenever that will happen.

Posted by: EKAN.4051

EKAN.4051

What’s the name of the new dyes? Not the kit.

“Death is just another path”

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

1. Boring armor, nostalgia aside, never had this.
2. Clipping is normal, just get used to it and don’t spam all the new armor threads full with it.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Leolas.6273

Leolas.6273

Anet pls can u adjust the pants on Human/Norn Male a little bit? Its a little to “fat”.

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

Anet pls can u adjust the pants on Human/Norn Male a little bit? Its a little to “fat”.

if it wouldnt be an outfit you just could use other pants…

Attachments:

Posted by: Carmela.8756

Carmela.8756

yeah would also love to see that anet adjust the Human Male pants a bit…or make this outfit an armor!

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

I can’t wear this in battle! It makes my legs look fat! WHAT WOULD MY ENEMIES THINK?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I can’t wear this in battle! It makes my legs look fat! WHAT WOULD MY ENEMIES THINK?

Those hips don’t lie honey.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

This is probably the clipping they’re referring to – when your char has one leg bent, it cuts through the skirt.

I like the outfit, particularly the sandals.

Think I would prefer it if it was with shorts, or leggings (although, not the wide male pants/trousers), not a skirt, or if the skirt was more close fitting.

I was thinking an aesthetic answer to allowing leg movement in skirts would be to put an intentional split, at the front, over one leg (rather than making the skirt flare out further than it looks like it should be able to), but I don’t know if that would be possible?

Attachments:

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)