Month of gemstore sales

Month of gemstore sales

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LunaDeviner.6514

LunaDeviner.6514

Hey people.

So this March sale ..

When i first read that they’re doing a full month of sales every day i was super excited and went ahead and got myself 3000 gems.

And bought nothing ! Everything in there seems to be useless stuff that was either already in the gemstore or was a week ago.

I mean.. where are the things that people have been suggesting on the forums?

Nobody wants transmutation charges… or Repair canisters :/

The crystal Arbiter pack was on the gemstore for ages.. Got removed for 2 weeks and now it’s back ?

Don’t get me wrong a full month of sales is very generous of Anet. However it’s just a waste if they’re going to place items that are useless/unwanted in there.

Some if you might agree or disagree. However i’m not here to make a riot.

What i’m really trying to do it make a Topic where people can say what they’d like to see in the Gem Store this month !

Myself would like to see : Inventor Sunglasses

What would you love to see in the gemstore? Let’s hope Anet sees this and puts them in there. Instead of those Repair canisters and other junk !

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

Hey people.

I mean.. where are the things that people have been suggesting on the forums?

There’s still almost three weeks left, I would imagine that they’re gonna save the most requested stuff until the end (if they even bring that stuff back – BUNNY EARS!)

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

Was only talking about this last night with my friend. Couldn’t agree more was so hoping it would be items that have not been in for a very long time like aviators.

Month of gemstore sales

LunaDeviner.6514

I get that theres still alot of time left, But honestly. Some people wait till the gemstore reveals the new items and then they see something like ‘’Instant repair canister’’ That’s just horrible. My guild went nuts when they saw that !

But yes, I truely hope they bring the following to the gemstore this month

Inventor’s Sunglasses, Grenth Hood, Bunny Ears.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

To me having a sale implies reducing the price of existing items. That’s definitely how it’s used in real-life shops. In GW2 they do sometimes do a combination of re-releases and new items, but I wouldn’t be expecting new items simply from the word sale.

But like Kurfu said there’s still 3 weeks to go and they’re likely to save the best stuff for later on.

Also it’s largely a personal preference but IMO unless you’re buying gems with gold there’s no reason to buy them early in anticipation of items you want coming out. The price for buying gems with cash hasn’t changed since the game came out so you don’t need to worry about missing out on a good price, and if it turns out there isn’t anything you want you have that money to spend on something else.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

aviary pack, make it happen. I want that mini Raven.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Even though I’m taking a slight break from this game, I’d come back for the Bunny Ears, Witch’s – Hat (censored), and Wizard Hat. Yeah, I know the Wizard Hat was free at some point, but I missed out on that time frame. I’d pay actual money for it – especially since it can be dyed now.

Here’s hoping the best is being saved for last.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

(edited by Wondrouswall.7169)

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

I have to admit – not playing as much either, and it’s because I as a player don’t feel valued. Seems like the offerings aren’t really about what the player-base is asking for, but rather what the devs would like to see for themselves.
Still want the bunny ears, cat ears, would like the wizard hat, festive golem, but especially the bunny ears.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If I remember last year’s sale correctly, there were very few days where I wanted the sale item.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Cat Ears are the thing I miss most from GW1. Would buy bunny ears and wizard’kitten too, I occasionally do stuff with an event guild and these would be useful.

Sign in daily, farm home instance, Check for anything new in gemstore, then out.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

It’s not like your gems will go bad if you don’t spend them this time around.

And in the past the sale always meant reduction in price of current or return of items not currently available items at full price.

Now the cynics may point out this is being done to inflate income at the end of the quarter and the daily nature to encourage regular daily logins to inflate active player metrics. And that may be the case but that’s what sales normally do in brick and mortar businesses and flash sales in the online marketplace, ie Amazon. Heck Amazon did hourly sales.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

A month is a long time, so I’m still holding onto my gems in the hope that something more to my liking will turn up in the sale later on. We still have the better part of three weeks left, as of today.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

I will probably always be hyped about sales, maybe this time the stuff I want is there and cheap enough… then it never is.

I’ll be here waiting, watching…

let the sky fall

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

When i first read that they’re doing a full month of sales every day i was super excited and went ahead and got myself 3000 gems.

And that’s why the sale is a success for ANet anyway.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I assume that “sales” will rarely include anything I want, even at 10% of the original price. (Although I always hope they will.)

The gem shop policies have been one of the most consistent aspects of the game. And unfortunately, the gem shop people have not (in my opinion) learned from past mistakes: they over-hype boring stuf, under-hype the really fun stuff, and generally seem discounted from the community and the game developers. (Or at least, so it seems in my view.)

Here’s what they’ve been doing since launch:

• “Sales” always include recycled items at the original prices.
  • There are few discounts and they are primarily for boring stuff (which is good for those who buy e.g. repair canisters and swim boosters, although even Kormir probably can’t see the reason anyone would want to).
  • Sales only occasionally offer high-demand items (new or recycled) and when they do, people usually go crazy (it’s too much! I should get a refund! why didn’t you tell me sooner!).

edit: typo (the gem shop folks have not learned, imo)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

I suspect people’s hopes are up because the forum did ask what people would like to see in the Gemstore, hell I don’t even like the Bunny ears and only really buy character slots type of things but it would be nice if those many people finally got them.

That said Illconceived Was Na is probably right on this sale being like the others…

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I didn’t have high hopes for great items on this sale. I remember the previous sales and how disappointing they were. (imo, the repair canister hit a new low). In spite of people repeatedly posting what they want and are outright begging for, it’s boosters and repair canisters. I don’t think the people who manage the gemstore read the forums or know what a business opportunity they are missing.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

It’s a little funny, but unfortunate, that repair canisters get such a bad rap. I’ve never bought any, because they’re rarely useful and they’re readily available in-game, but you would think it was a personal insult to put them on sale, given the response they’re getting. Not everything in the gem store is exciting, but I assume someone out there is buying repair canisters.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Month of gemstore sales

Behellagh.1468

I needed them for one of the LW2 chapters against the dragon at the Pale Tree. First time I tried when I gave up I turned up without pants.

RIP City of Heroes

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I didn’t have high hopes for great items on this sale. I remember the previous sales and how disappointing they were. (imo, the repair canister hit a new low). In spite of people repeatedly posting what they want and are outright begging for, it’s boosters and repair canisters. I don’t think the people who manage the gemstore read the forums or know what a business opportunity they are missing.

If I could upvote you, I would thousand times. Meanwhile, there are also our old town clothes and whole thread of armor bugs people report that never got anyone’s attention :<

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Month of gemstore sales

Behellagh.1468

The question is how do you decide what should go on sale? Is it stuff that only sells well when it’s on sale? Stuff that only sells well if it returns for a day? Is it stuff that never sells? Do you put stuff on sale that sells okay when it’s not?

There is part of me that’s thinking internally at ANet, when the devs play together they may just love the repair canister and boosters.

Now if they surprise us with the now missing formerly PvP armors and the missing town head gear that’s only been grandfathered in as armor skins, I think there might be a lot of happy people.

And of course at some point we well have at least one Key sale. 20% off any package and just maybe the super discount 5 pack again.

RIP City of Heroes

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I bought a repair canister.

I needed to repair my disappointed dreams for new, exciting, and long gone and frequently asked for items.

Didn’t work. Maybe I should ask for a refund.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Month of gemstore sales

LunaDeviner.6514

I bought a repair canister.

I needed to repair my disappointed dreams for new, exciting, and long gone and frequently asked for items.

Didn’t work. Maybe I should ask for a refund.

Haha ! Upvoted. But honestly we could use some stuff that the playerbase asks for.

Maybe even atleast 3 items on sale each day? It’s mostly 1 item. But maybe it’s too much. who knows ^^

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Here’s to hoping for swimsuits for spring break.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Month of gemstore sales

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Expect to see the good stuff sold later on; this way, ANet can get money from people who jump the gun on sales on items that normally don’t sell and then again on new items or high-demand ones late into the month. If they sold high-demand items early, their later sales would likely take losses as the content would be less desirable and many would have already likely spent up to their normal or even expected budgets for the month.