Monthly Ap

Monthly Ap

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Hello i would like monthly rewards to be a thing again for those of you who dont know it was an extra 300 ap every month for like the first year and some of us like me came back as that was being shut down, the problem is the guys who completed this have their daily ap maxed and have a huge ap boost compared to people who only get ap from daily. In order to make things “fair and equal” either removed monthly ap completely from everyone or make monthly available again.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Hello i would like monthly rewards to be a thing again for those of you who dont know it was an extra 300 ap every month for like the first year and some of us like me came back as that was being shut down, the problem is the guys who completed this have their daily ap maxed and have a huge ap boost compared to people who only get ap from daily. In order to make things “fair and equal” either removed monthly ap completely from everyone or make monthly available again.

The monthly AP is combined with the daily AP and the combined total cannot exceed 15k AP. Since that cap exist, it’s “fair and equal”

Monthly Ap

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

The monthly AP is combined with the daily AP and the combined total cannot exceed 15k AP. Since that cap exist, it’s “fair and equal”

it really isnt people who didnt do monthly get ap to max cap much slower now …

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Lucky them. It’s not wonderful to have hit the cap.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

it really isnt people who didnt do monthly get ap to max cap much slower now …

The old system involved completing 5 tasks for 1 AP each to get a daily reward and 5 tasks for 10 AP each to get the monthly. In a 30-day month, that meant 200 AP from 155 separate tasks.

(Enterprising players could earn more AP, but only by doing a lot more work. )

The current system requires completion of 3 tasks for 10 AP total. In a 30-day month, that means 300 AP, from 90 tasks. (The rewards are also more substantial now.)

So, no, the new system is faster and far less time consuming than the old system. A tiny fraction of players could gain points more quickly, but only by investing a lot more time and playing in PvE, WvW, and PvP every day.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

I envy those that have hit the cap. Not having a tick in the back of my mind telling me I’m missing out on an easy 10 AP would be refreshing on days I just don’t feel like playing.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You aren’t ‘missing out’, as you can always acquire the 10 AP….until you can’t anymore.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monthly

FYI, the most AP the monthlies ever offered per month was 100, not 300. For most of the time they were in the game, it was 70 per month, or less.

So, if I’m reading the complaint correctly, it’s, “Add monthlies back in so I can get to the cap faster!”?

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

You aren’t ‘missing out’, as you can always acquire the 10 AP….until you can’t anymore.

Which is exactly the part I envy. I’d love to not have it on my mind anymore. I’d love to just be at the cap right now and be done with it.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I wouldn’t mind seeing monthlys come back as long as we keep the current version of the daily system. The way I see it there are a few arguments against it

• People already at the daily AP cap complaing about newer players wanting to “hit the cap faster”. But this is extremely hypocritical considering that if you are already at the cap, then you benefited from being able to complete both daily and monthly achievements for a while, allowing you to reach the cap faster. Considering the hypocritical nature of this argument, it holds very little weight for me
  • People argue that the current version of dailies is vastly superior to the old one. I agree on this, which is why I would only be okay with monthlies coming back if the daily system stays as it currently is
  • People claim that the monthly achievements could be completed in just a few hours of play at one time. Simple, come up with new achievements for the category. Things like complete X amount of Daily Completionists, complete X number of daily recommended fractals, kill X raid bosses, gain X ranks in PvP/WvW, capture X number of T3 keeps in WvW/participate in X winning skirmishes in WvW, complete X PvP reward tracks. Stuff that you can’t do all at once, but actually requires playing throughout the month. Just because the old system didn’t make you actually play throughout the month to get the rewards doesn’t mean it can’t be reworked to do that.
  • People say that the rewards got incorporated into the daily login chests. This is true (from my understanding). But monthly achievements could come with new rewards. Each individual achievement could have catered rewards (say, 50 ascended shards for completing a PvP monthly or something. Or 10-15 obsidian shards/MC/clovers/something else entirely and 10-15 gold for completing the X number of daily completionists monthly achievement), as well as a meta reward for completing 75% of the available monthlys. Since only a portion of active players would actually finish this meta achievement regularly, this reward could obviously include larger rewards, and it could be tweaked freely by Anet to help the economy. Possibly even something like those wardrobe unlock items (being limited to 12 a year, if you do your monthlies every month, I don’t think that’s too large of a number of these being given to players, ANet may ofc disagree) or 10-15 BLC keys.
  • People would prefer Anet spend time on other, more important, changes to the game. This one I can’t really argue against, as I do agree with it.

Overall, though, I don’t see a strong argument against bringing monthly achievements back in some form. I think it would be great if they did come back, but my experience playing GW2 won’t be worse if they don’t.

(edited by OriOri.8724)

Monthly Ap

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

The whole point of daily and monthly achievements are to get players to login more frequently. If I remember correctly, Anet got rid of monthlies because it wasn’t achieving that purpose. They replaced it with the daily login rewards which ultimately gives better rewards for less effort.

Monthly Ap

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

Which is exactly the part I envy. I’d love to not have it on my mind anymore. I’d love to just be at the cap right now and be done with it.

ANet will continue to beam it into your mind.

They can’t be bothered providing a bit of in-game clarity regarding the cap. After having hit the cap, you’re still confronted with the dailies panel that comes with the promise of 10 AP. They must like the regular “I’m not getting AP for my dailies” bug threads.

“Agent of Entropy” and several other repeatable achievements make it clear they stop giving AP. Why can’t “Daily Completionist”?

Monthly Ap

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I envy those that have hit the cap. Not having a tick in the back of my mind telling me I’m missing out on an easy 10 AP would be refreshing on days I just don’t feel like playing.

Lucky us? You joking? I still need over 1500 AP to get my 30k chest and finish my radiant set. Lucky us? Heck no I want my daily AP back. You are not missing out days for an extra 10 ap. You are just delaying the inevitable END a day longer.