Monthly Reset = Upset

Monthly Reset = Upset

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kismet.1487

Kismet.1487

Hi all,

Was having a good time, having lots of fun in game. Thought for once i’d get my monthly done. Been working on it on/off all month. Grinding WvW kills, fractals.. etc.. hours & hours of grinding.

Thought i’d get it done today, Friday 11/30. Was getting a group together to finish a few more cave runs. Checked my monthly earlier today, just needed 2 more.

Got back on tonight to run some cave runs with my team, got group together and checked my Monthly… reset..

Why would you reset the monthly on the 30th? It would make more sense to reset it on the 1st.

To say the least i’m so beyond ticked off to waste all that time grinding and now it just makes me want to log off and not play.

Please reconsider NOT resetting on the last day of the month, instead the first day of the next month!

Anyone else have this have this happen to them?

Taking rest of night off, thats just such a disappointment.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
http://www.kismetbp.com

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Hunter.6950

Hunter.6950

I’m having the Same problem.

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

3 months in a row we’ve had threads like this.

On the one hand, it’s in the wiki, which is the closest thing to a manual we have, easily accessible in game.

On the other hand, how hard would it be to put in a message of the day yesterday “Please note, monthly quest resets Nov 30 at 4 pm server time”

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Anagna.8376

Anagna.8376

To be fair, you had a whole month to do it and you left it to the last minute.

You have no right to complain.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

It does, but it’s GMT. Just like dailies. And now that it’s changed over, you have ‘tonight’ to start working on December, because it’s December 1 GMT now. The good news is there is no time lost.

They should have a clock in the achievement window where the dailies and monthlies are that tell you what time, relative to the time zone you are playing in, the day and time they will reset, and have it stay there all day, and all month. Then everyone would know how it works.

I sympathize when someone finds out how it works the first time, and plans around it changing relative to local time. Once you know how it works, you have the same amount of time between the beginning of the month and end of the month GMT, to get everything done.

As of 28 minutes ago, you can start working all night on December.

And yes, I got bit by it once too, and that’s ok.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: MethodicMockingbird.6520

MethodicMockingbird.6520

A problem similar to this one is affecting Dailys. There needs to be a common reset time that is not different for each server and is well known, i.e., midnight of the last day of a month, or, for Dailys, at midnight of each day. Less problems, less headache.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

A problem similar to this one is affecting Dailys. There needs to be a common reset time that is not different for each server and is well known, i.e., midnight of the last day of a month, or, for Dailys, at midnight of each day. Less problems, less headache.

There is one common reset time for every server though. 4 pm pacific time (whatever that is in GMT.) All servers reset at this one time.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

No. They reset at GMT+0 and that makes sense. It sucks for new players but oh well.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Tolmos.8395

Tolmos.8395

There is one common reset time for every server though. 4 pm pacific time (whatever that is in GMT.) All servers reset at this one time.

Are you positive on that? Has it changed recently? Because up until I stopped logging in 2 weeks ago it reset at 7pm CST every day like clockwork. I would finish my dailies mere minutes before reset, as late as 6:55pm CST.

That would be 5pm pacific time.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

I think the policy, while being a little weird, works. It’s the way they (don’t) get the word out that causes disappointment. (a theme of ArenaNet)

Monthly Reset = Upset

Ursan.7846

Are you positive on that? Has it changed recently? Because up until I stopped logging in 2 weeks ago it reset at 7pm CST every day like clockwork. I would finish my dailies mere minutes before reset, as late as 6:55pm CST.

It changed due to daylight savings.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Hunter.6950

Doesn’t make sense for North American Servers to reset GMT+0…. everything else revolves around Arena Net time for updates, and patches (PST). Why update without letting players know and when it’s not even December yet…. “Speaking for the North American Servers”

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Daylight Saving. Most states in the US use it, however the majority of the world does not.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Salamol.7963

Salamol.7963

You folks complaining should have invented time. Bit late to be complaining now.

Follow me: @Salamolign
Mist Angels [Mist] – Piken Square

Monthly Reset = Upset

Hunter.6950

Also….I don’t think it says it ANYWHERE “in-game”, when the monthly’s reset. I’m on a NA server, so I would think It wouldn’t reset until Midnight Eastern, or PST.

Also I don’t have as much time as other players, with a job, school, and other things, and today is the start of the weekend where I can find some time to play the game. When I only needed 50 more Karka kills for the monthly and was killing them as it reset….it kinda sucks.

I wasn’t thinking the December monthly achv. were going to start at 7 PM Eastern on November 30th….

Dragons’ Solstice [SoL]
Maguuma Server

(edited by Hunter.6950)

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Jaxichael.2590

Jaxichael.2590

Every month this thread pops up. Every month we tell you it resets at the same time as dailies.

Jaxichael, Sylvari Engineer of the Night Cycle

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Archmortal.1027

Archmortal.1027

“Every month this thread pops up” well yeah. Doesn’t it make more sense for the December monthly to start in December? Food for thought.

If the problem is servers that are in time zones where it is already early morning of the 1st, the solution is to create a rolling restart system instead of an across-the-board same-time adjustment.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

“Every month this thread pops up” well yeah. Doesn’t it make more sense for the December monthly to start in December? Food for thought.

If the problem is servers that are in time zones where it is already early morning of the 1st, the solution is to create a rolling restart system instead of an across-the-board same-time adjustment.

It does start on the 1st. It starts on December 1st GMT +0, as someone above me, and I (though my post was really long, as most of them are, and generally unread as a result).

I think they should just put a little clock on the daily and monthly tabs in the achievement page that tells you what date/time the monthly will reset and what day the dailies reset, relative to your local time, and then everyone will know, because we’re always popping them open to see where we’re at.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

My mother always warns me about putting things off until the last day…

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: mattbnh.9247

mattbnh.9247

The monthly is reset for december but two of the achievements are still ??
So essentially we don’t get the full month – they are probably Wintersday related so That means 18 days instead of 31.
Glad I don’t care because the two things I can see are wvw and fractals which are dead to me.

“That’s more than I really needed to know.” – Adventurer in LA

Monthly Reset = Upset

Archmortal.1027

It does start on the 1st. It starts on December 1st GMT +0, as someone above me, and I (though my post was really long, as most of them are, and generally unread as a result).

I think they should just put a little clock on the daily and monthly tabs in the achievement page that tells you what date/time the monthly will reset and what day the dailies reset, relative to your local time, and then everyone will know, because we’re always popping them open to see where we’re at.

It’s still a more elegant and sensible approach to do rolling restarts by region rather than have them reset all together based on a single time zone.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Technically it’s probably UTC, not GMT that it resets at

Which makes sense since UTC is the benchmark for the entire planet’s timekeeping. Though it could be argued that it’s biased towards Europe since it runs through central Europe and thus rolls over around midnight there, it has to be centred somewhere

It’s still a more elegant and sensible approach to do rolling restarts by region rather than have them reset all together based on a single time zone.

What happens if you transfer from EU to NA or vice versa in the witching hours between rollovers

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Monthly Reset = Upset

Archmortal.1027

What happens if you transfer from EU to NA or vice versa in the witching hours between rollovers

Worst case scenario I could imagine is your transfer being delayed until the resets occur wherever you’re going. Most transfer services (not sure about GW2 since I haven’t looked at it yet) warn that there may be unexpected delays in the process.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

Nothing? Because that’s the whole point of UTC? Not sure I understood that question.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Nothing? Because that’s the whole point of UTC? Not sure I understood that question.

It was in response to archmortal’s proposal that there be a system of rolling resets based on the server’s local timezone. I was pointing out that his proposal causes more headaches than is really necessary. The UTC system is logical and practical.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Just add a local time clock in the corner of the window with a countdown so folks know.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

Beware anagna.8376 theres two type of people around:

1. common sense which agree with you
2.- the others…which will report your post

reality

I took an arrow to the knee

Monthly Reset = Upset

Archmortal.1027

reality

Common sense says that it’s not December in the US yet. Just sayin’.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Ursan.7846

reality

Have you even been following this discussion?

It is currently Dec 1, 1:46 am in GMT-0. Which is what the reset is based on. And GW2 is a global game, not just a US game.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

Daylight Saving. Most states in the US use it, however the majority of the world does not.

The US is not the only country to do DST. Almost all of Europe, Canada, and other northern countries still do it.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Does each day end at 6pm? Should people spam the forum everyday when it resets cause they didn’t get it in time? Just sayin’.

Just add a local time clock in the corner of the window with a countdown so folks know.

This is a very good suggestion. Instead of people making multiple threads complaining, maybe they should take a look at this post and then head over to the suggestion forum instead.

It they did every thing ppl made more then one post about this or any thing this game would be dead in a month. Ppl do not know what they want most of the time and they THINK they want something until it happens.
No one needs to finish monthly its something you can do. If you cant tell the different between things you need to do and things you just can do i think your judgment is very lacking.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Monthly Reset = Upset

fizzypop.6458

You folks complaining should have invented time. Bit late to be complaining now.

Time is relative. >.>

Monthly Reset = Upset

fizzypop.6458

The monthly is reset for december but two of the achievements are still ??
So essentially we don’t get the full month – they are probably Wintersday related so That means 18 days instead of 31.
Glad I don’t care because the two things I can see are wvw and fractals which are dead to me.

We didn’t get a full month in November either. You basically had 2 weeks to do your frac runs and 200 karka kills. I really wish they’d actually change up the monthly and daily system. It’s current implementation sucks and the reset time is annoying for those of us in earlier time zones (PST & MST). I think they could’ve picked a better time.

(edited by fizzypop.6458)

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

The US is not the only country to do DST. Almost all of Europe, Canada, and other northern countries still do it.

Northerner’s… Australia uses it as well.. * whistles *

A more elegant solution would be to have a countdown clock in the monthlies window which is time-zone relevant so none of you screw up next time.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: drifter.8453

drifter.8453

^This

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

The server was reset in the right time for me. Since the diferent timezones there is no chance it resets for all at 00:00h of everybody.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

I get that Americans are a little spoiled when it comes to things like this since most international games do reset based on one of their time zones, it can be a little confusing if you notice that you are no longer the center of the world.

Besides that, people should really learn to read the wiki and not make the exactly same thread every month.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Raven Paradox.1860

Raven Paradox.1860

Let’s stop crying about this please. Server time it resets at 4pm. For a majority of the world, it resets on the 1st. You left it for the very last minute, your own kitten fault. Prior proper planning prevents poor procrastinated performances.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Archmortal.1027

I get that Americans are a little spoiled when it comes to things like this since most international games do reset based on one of their time zones, it can be a little confusing if you notice that you are no longer the center of the world.

Besides that, people should really learn to read the wiki and not make the exactly same thread every month.

“How dare any of you not know something that I know!”

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: LostMK.4089

LostMK.4089

I completed my monthly in November and was given no reward. I was dead at the time so no chest pop-up appeared (normally near the minimap, which is hidden while dead)

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I’m from GMT +2 zone (winter)/GMT +3 (summer), December came before the reset for me. If was living in central Russia or one of Minor Asia countries, I’d have to wait even longer, to early morning. What about Australia? They get their reset around noon on December 1st. But obviously american people are suffering the most here

About UTC – it’s exactly same with GMT (in practical use). The only difference is that GMT was measured with traditional clock and wasn’t be including the slightest astronomic changes, while UTC is measured with atomic clock and icludes many additional calculations. Difference between those 2 is unnoticeable, revolves around miliseconds. Tho GMT is said to be no longer correct, it’s still allowed for common usage (in almost every country), UTC matters only for scientistic and military organizations

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Kismet, I feel the pain in your words. Sorry to hear you missed your monthly bonus.

It’s been mentioned but, it goes by UTC. My time zone (EST) is 5 hours later than UTC. That why is listed as UTC-05:00. Thus, 12am on Dec 1 happens 5 hours earlier, which is Nov 30th 7pm. Or, for those on the west coast, 4pm PST. Also known as UTC -08:00.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I also missed it yesterday.But you know what ? I know its my own fault,i had 30 days to complete them yet i never bothered with completing it untill the last 2 days or something,and i didnt make it.Do i need to make a thread about this and blame anet ? No,its my own fault,as it is yours.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Think I agree with khefka. You have no proof you were really going to finish it. You are a pretty big procrastinator after all and didn’t really care enough about it to begin with.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It always resets 0.00 GMT. Deal with it.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Guys, the solution is easy. Just keep flying west through time zones until you reach yesterday. Then log in real quick and finish your daily.

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: Kismet.1487

Kismet.1487

Thanks for those who could empathize.

And to those who thought it was a last minute thing, not procrastination, just organizing some fun on a Friday night with my team. If i had known I would of organized it earlier or realized I didn’t have enough time and abandoned it.

Sadly don’t have as much time as I would like to play, wife, kids, job and all of that, this is what put me so late in the month on this.

I really do like the idea about putting a time on the Daily & Monthly reset. In how many hours you have left to finish it like a count down. Big props to Lysico.4906 & others to thinking of an improvement.

i.e. “you have 5 hours before monthly reset”

I find it best to take break when frustrated so thats what i did. Now i’ll go back to my other goals in game & ignore monthly achievements.

Also to Amos.8760 thanks for the laugh. “Guys, the solution is easy. Just keep flying west through time zones until you reach yesterday. Then log in real quick and finish your daily.”

Best wishes to all on a safe and happy holidays.

- Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny

Lord Kismet
Leader, Ring of Destiny
http://www.kismetbp.com

Monthly Reset = Upset

Posted by: IAmHam.9856

IAmHam.9856

We see this every single month… you think people would catch on to the whole timezone thing.