Monthly achievement progress reset

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Steel Fenrir.2791

Steel Fenrir.2791

Is this a bug? My monthly achievement progress was reset to no progress at all.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

No, this was announced. Somewhere.

Changes in the patch meant that a whole Monthly Achievement wasn’t workable, so they split the month into two, one pre-patch and one post-patch.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

mine was not reset.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Haven’t checked mine, but you could potentially get double the monthlies this month was my understanding. Once before patch, and once after. Unless you don’t get the laurels.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

Mine did not reset. Still at 4/4 after patch. A friend of mine did reset from 4/4 to 0/4.
Is this a bug? Doesn’t see fair that some people can do monthlies a second time and some can’t.

Posted by: HyruleanHyroe.1473

HyruleanHyroe.1473

Haven’t checked mine, but you could potentially get double the monthlies this month was my understanding. Once before patch, and once after. Unless you don’t get the laurels.

Nope, I’m pretty sure they said that the second half would only be available if you didn’t finish the first half.

I have a “band”, Beatiatrician: http://youtu.be/zw_Sl-El8_I

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

The first half of the month was:

Get 2. I did and got 2/2 and the monthly achievement with laurels and everything.

During the first half, I also completed one of the other monthly achievements, and it gave me notification about that.

So, yesterday, I saw I was 3/4 for the monthly. Only one more to go, with nothing having been reset.

BTW: Here’s what they said they were doing:

Because the feature pack comes halfway through the month, April’s monthly achievements will be a special case. Until April 15, the PvE and PvP monthly categories will be separate and require only two achievements for completion. After April 15, there will be a single unified set of monthlies and dailies, and monthly completion will again require four total achievements.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

(edited by Lankybrit.4598)

Bollocks.4078

Nope, I’m pretty sure they said that the second half would only be available if you didn’t finish the first half.

A friend of mine did 4/4 in the first half and then was reset back to 0/4 with the patch. I did 4/4 in the first half and did not reset. If that’s what they said then it didn’t work that way for everybody.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

A friend of mine did 4/4 in the first half and then was reset back to 0/4 with the patch. I did 4/4 in the first half and did not reset. If that’s what they said then it didn’t work that way for everybody.

Sounds like a bug then.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

Just curious how many of the achievements you and your friend had finished before the patch. I had, and still have 6 of the monthly achievements finished.

Bollocks.4078

Is there any chance this will be fixed? The randomness of it is a bit frustrating. If it’s not fixed soon then those of us who didn’t get reset right away won’t have much of a chance to get them done anyway. I wish someone would at least let us know if something will be done or not.

@Erus Keb: My friend and I each had 4 achievment tracks completed before the reset. With the patch he reset and I did not.

Posted by: Einherjar.4132

Einherjar.4132

Friends have gotten 2/2 monthly and 4/4 monthly. One had 4/2 completed and reset after the update and the other only had 2/2 and then got 2 more achievements after the update.

I on the other hand have 6 of the monthly achievements since before the update but only got the 2/2 reward. So I’d also like to hear if theres going to be something done about this?

Posted by: Omne.4603

Omne.4603

Mine wasn’t either. Its pretty ridiculous that its an inconsistent change.

I Cant Stop/ Ocularis
NSP | Os Guild Master
www.osguild.org | www.youtube.com/osthink

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

I already came to the conclusion that the reset must have been bugged – before reset I had 2/2, a couple more were about two-thirds completed, but I only had the 2/2 fully completed.

Then the reset happened and it said 4/4. But I didn’t have 4/4, as far as I was aware at the time. I knew it must be a bug straight away, just worked out lucky for me, must have been pretty unlucky for some others though.